Author Topic: [IC] Red Jacket Linear Switch  (Read 7281 times)

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
[IC] Red Jacket Linear Switch
« on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 23:43:29 »
CIRCLE - TRIANGLE - SQUARE

*The finished product will be more vibrant in color.

IC Form - Please fill out the form ;) https://forms.gle/NeFw47yX4ZbuyCdf9

Stem Comparison / Sound Comparison to Epsilon, Husky, NK Cream, LT Linear Stems: https://imgur.com/a/yRkY1JO

Typing Test/Comparison to Epsilon:

Material
Top: Nylon
Bottom: Nylon
Stem: Long Pole Pom
Spring: 63.5g - Double Stage
Manufacturer: Aflion
Factory Lube: Y

Price: $0.60 per switch (Sold in packs of 70/90/110)

Availability: Q1 2022

Vendors
US - KNC Keys LLC - Our store will be the sole provider. International shipping is available!
Greetings,

Our first switch, the Red Jacket Linear, is themed after the popular Squid Games TV show!

It is so hard to be original nowadays when creating your own switch. It’s either riding a trendy colorway, paying a lot for a new mold, or being the first to play around with new materials that manufacturers release. My goal when creating a switch was to provide a “first of its kind” without having to pay for the new mold. I feel as if I’ve done that by going with a new manufacturer. Well… Us at KNC Keys LLC aren’t the first to use Aflion, a new switch manufacturer, but we can at the very least say, we are the first to use them with the switch material and spring combination.

The first to use Aflion, to our knowledge, is Invokeys with their Matcha Latte Linear switch. They had a very successful release, and that’s because the switch is PHENOMENAL stock. No need to crack them open and modify them!

What makes Aflion special IMO is the factory lubing technique. If you haven’t tried the Matcha’s from Invokeys, I highly suggest you do! They are amazing stock switches. Just watch Andy Nguyen’s video on them. *I am not an affiliate of Invokeys, I am just a really big fan*

The material combination is solely based on my preference for a linear switch. From the full nylon housing, double-stage spring, weight, and longer pole stem.

We have already purchased the proofing, branding, and sample fee. This means we have initiated production and have the samples on hand!

Our plan is to have this switch be IN-STOCK. If we see plenty of interest, we would love to release a tactile version (Green Jacket).

Please join our discord for further news and updates: https://discord.gg/U43jruxYjK
Feel free to give us a follow on the IG: https://instagram.com/knckeys
The website can be found here: https://knckeys.com
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 January 2022, 00:04:00 by kahlilnc »

Offline HYP3RION

Re: [IC] Red Jacket Linear Switch
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 23:53:18 »
Would love to see updated images of the more vibrant color, and also love that you plan to keep them stocked! Interested in some sound tests on popular boards if you could.

Offline nullinasou

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 23:58:33 »
I appreciate the color referencing with a mango.

Can you consider more vendors? shipping for 90 switches from your website costs me about 20 dollars, which is not too bad but definitely not poggers

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 12:58:32 »
I appreciate the color referencing with a mango.

Can you consider more vendors? shipping for 90 switches from your website costs me about 20 dollars, which is not too bad but definitely not poggers
Where are you located? I can reach out to other vendors outside the US of A

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 16:22:27 »
Would love to see updated images of the more vibrant color, and also love that you plan to keep them stocked! Interested in some sound tests on popular boards if you could.
There will be some more photos taken soon after mass production!

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 23:46:18 »
https://i.imgur.com/LFi4727.jpg
Just got these in today!

Offline namidettje

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 10:40:59 »
Could be interesting. Definitely the colorway is very atractive.

Not completely sold on the double stage spring and the short stem but the full nylon sounds to my liking.

Eager to hear some sound test! And if you get an EU vendor most likely will pick'em :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 10:44:16 »
Just got these in today!

neither here nor there, but you might have an easier time color matching with plastic color chips instead of paper. the paper chips are sometimes a shade or two off.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 15:54:50 »
Just got these in today!

neither here nor there, but you might have an easier time color matching with plastic color chips instead of paper. the paper chips are sometimes a shade or two off.
That image came straight from the manufacturer. Wish I had the updated color on hand.

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 23:37:51 »
Could be interesting. Definitely the colorway is very atractive.

Not completely sold on the double stage spring and the short stem but the full nylon sounds to my liking.

Eager to hear some sound test! And if you get an EU vendor most likely will pick'em :)
Here is a comparison a popular switch (not saying any names) and the Red Jacket. The Red Jacket is approx .1 mm longer than the JWK P3 stem from my observation. Your thoughts and input?

Offline Botty212

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 00:39:48 »
only vendor and it is in the US? 50$ shipping plus 19% taxes (on switches and shipping) for 70 switches cant wait to grap those XD
Thats why I basicallly never join switch GB's if they are only sold from US or the east cause shipping and taxes will probably just double the price. Jwicks for example were switches I couldn't join cause the shipping and taxes would have increased the costs per switch from 0.3$ to .75-1$ per switch.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Offline mTopy

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 00:44:07 »
Considering the prices of aflion switches, even with a custom color and spring, you have to be making like 300% margin on these, which seems really high. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Offline C0M9L3X

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 09:11:04 »
Nothing special in any way. Absolutely nothing.

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 16:49:39 »
Considering the prices of aflion switches, even with a custom color and spring, you have to be making like 300% margin on these, which seems really high. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

I can promise you the margin is nowhere near that amount. Let me justify the cost: the long stem mold is rather unique in comparison to what has been released to the public already. (New Mold) They also recently implemented a new lubing technique that hasn't been seen before the Matcha Latte release to my knowledge. (Unique Factory Lubing Technique) If you are familiar with the Matcha Latte by Invokeys, their switch is A-Tier, no less, solely due to the factory lube and superb quality checks from the owner himself. Don't believe me? Watch Andy Nguyen's Review... There will be quality checks for the Red Jacket Linear switches, as some switches will be over/under lubed by the factory. I haven't received the mass-produced products yet, but that is what I am anticipating. The switches that don't pass my QC check will be sold separately at a fraction of the cost and not in custom packaging. My intent was to up-charge slightly to compensate for the custom boxes/packaging. But again the margin is nowhere near 300%. That is my promise. I know it's a conflict of interest for me to speak of the switch I am selling but... My goal with this switch is to add value to the consumer. How? The switch speaks for itself... The factory lube job is identical to hand lubing with Kyrtox... Maybe not the same "Krytox'y" sound but in terms of smoothness. It is there. There will soon be typing tests and a review or two available to the public so you may judge for yourself.

only vendor and it is in the US? 50$ shipping plus 19% taxes (on switches and shipping) for 70 switches cant wait to grap those XD
Thats, why I basicallly never join switch GB's if they are only sold from US or the east cause shipping and taxes, will probably just double the price. Jwicks for example were switches I couldn't join cause the shipping and taxes would have increased the costs per switch from 0.3$ to .75-1$ per switch.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
There will be no Group-Buy, as this is just an interest check to capture who is interested before mass-production is complete. Those that fill out the form will be sent an email notifying them that the switch has been released. The intent is to have the switch be an in-stock item.
I have reached out to other vendors and have not heard back yet. Hopefully, we can have one of each: EU, CA, and Asian vendor on board.

Nothing special in any way. Absolutely nothing.

Oh? Anywho I appreciate the comment. There will be a typing test comparing the Red Jacket Linear to another stock full nylon switch dropping fairly soon.

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 14:15:37 »
Typing test with the red jacket linear and epsilon linear switches!