Author Topic: RO-59 SuperLube GB  (Read 49824 times)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: RO-59 SuperLube GB
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 02:23:39 »
Trying this for my Alps. I did a coat about 6 months ago, and have a jar of this that's been kept sealed and in the dark for about a year, so hopefully it still works. I'm doing a second coat tomorrow and will try for 3 and see if the poster above is onto something.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #201 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 09:48:59 »
also have some I bought like a year ago, not even sure what shelf life is like but its the same consistency as when I bought it so I'm going to risk  :p
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 09:54:40 »
The triple coat worked pretty well, I'm loving my blues.

What I did was take a space heater and a shoebox, took one end off so I have a little heat cave, and positioned it against the heater. As I lubed I threw the finished stems in there for 15 mins a batch - did this for all 3 coats. They're pretty darn smooth now.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #203 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 11:18:18 »

What I did was take a space heater and a shoebox, took one end off so I have a little heat cave, and positioned it against the heater. As I lubed I threw the finished stems in there for 15 mins a batch - did this for all 3 coats. They're pretty darn smooth now.

Im assuming Blue Alps? (probably is if its you lol)

I'm putting it in a plastic box + sun. doing similar right now haha.

Really looking forward to them now actually following your comment :thumb:

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 13:43:21 »

I'm not sure if the plastic box + sun approach is the right way to go - I'm just basing it off the theory that this stuff needs heat to cure, so unless you can take that box up to 60-70 degrees C then you might not be doing much.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 19:29:58 »

I'm not sure if the plastic box + sun approach is the right way to go - I'm just basing it off the theory that this stuff needs heat to cure, so unless you can take that box up to 60-70 degrees C then you might not be doing much.

I actually managed to experiment a bit with different coatings, they all seem to cure regardless, sun or no sun. Unless I'm mistaken and I'm suppose to see something when else it cures? (I just see a transparent thin coat of grease and it feels as how lube usually feels)

Done building with my Blues now, not noticing any difference yet but I did see a thread that said it could take a while to break in  :p kind happy about it either way tbh