Author Topic: Welcome new members!  (Read 793274 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 18:37:49 »

Offline welsinki

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 07:12:06 »
Click Clack Click Clack. :thumb:

Lol what?

I had to break the ice with something   ;)

Offline ray

I'm new!
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 19:05:06 »
Hey, everbuddy,

Wanted to get a good keyboard, it's been a long time since I had one I liked.  Thought I would learn more about what the options were.

I ordered a switch demo kit from WASD and I can't really tell much from this.  I've ordered another kit from CoolerMaster and I'm hoping that will help me get a real feel.  (Also, I heard there was a full demo keyboard floating around?)

My guess right now is I'll be going with a WASD custom board using the switches I determine that I like using the CoolerMaster kit.

Happy keyboarding, here I come!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
Re: I'm new!
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 01:01:24 »
Hey, everbuddy,

Wanted to get a good keyboard, it's been a long time since I had one I liked.  Thought I would learn more about what the options were.

I ordered a switch demo kit from WASD and I can't really tell much from this.  I've ordered another kit from CoolerMaster and I'm hoping that will help me get a real feel.  (Also, I heard there was a full demo keyboard floating around?)

My guess right now is I'll be going with a WASD custom board using the switches I determine that I like using the CoolerMaster kit.

Happy keyboarding, here I come!
Welcome! :)  For trying out MX switch types, go visit Frys and Best Buy and try out all the gaming keyboards.  Many of them have mechanical switches.  At Frys in Sunnyvale, they had display models with Blues (Razer BlackWidow + CoolerMaster), Reds (Corsair K*), and Black (uhh I forgot the brand).  Best Buy had the BlackWidow (Blues) and Logitech G710+ with Browns (although it has O-rings, so not the best example of Browns in my opinion). 

At Frys, the display models aren't labeled and the salesmen are totally clueless, so be sure to bring a phone so you can look up the model numbers on each board to figure out which switches they have.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 February 2014, 01:06:29 by naasfu »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline mauikutan

• Eyefinder Photo
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 07:46:25 »
is there any some areas that the post didnt count?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 09:24:44 »
is there any some areas that the post didnt count?

Yes many places don't count anymore because people abused them to spam to 60 posts to sell in classifieds.

Offline Krumps

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 22:55:09 »
Hello fellow admirers of pristine input devices!
I only have only one HHKB, but it has spoiled me rotten.
Perhaps people here will understand.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 February 2014, 15:32:49 by Krumps »
HHKBP2 spanker, Topre switch licker.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 22:56:16 »
I only have only one HHKB. Her name is Thonk, ...
She has spoiled me rotten.

welcome!

* Dubsgalore crumps on Krumps

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 00:10:06 »
I only have only one HHKB. Her name is Thonk, ...
She has spoiled me rotten.

You have the best username on Geekhack. Welcome!

* funkymeeba crumps.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline aref

« Reply #209 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 13:52:22 »
I'm new to geekhack, but have been a devoted keyboard guy for decades. My favorite keyboards are my two Realforce 87U/55-gram KBs, and a pristine 1992 IBM SSK. I've tried too many KBs to list, but after going though many Filcos, CMQFRs, Leopolds, Logitechs... I never found a Cherry switch that felt right for me--I've tried them all save MX Clear; and I found Logitechs disappointing, save the Logitech mouse I use.

I've kind of settled in with my SSK and two 87U keyboards. I've tried Realforce's variable KB--no joy for me; moved to the 45-gram, which was okay, but too easily actuated for me; moved to the 55-gram and like it. I'd like to see Topre come out with a 60-gram switch--not so sure this will happen. Regardless, I do like heavier actuated key switches.

Offline cooey

« Reply #210 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 08:50:21 »
Hi everybody.
I've been lurking for a couple months and learning so much from this forum. I only have a SteelSeries and a Rosewill mechanical keyboards but in a few weeks I'm looking forward to getting a Ducky Shine 3. And I have been trying out a lot of colorful layouts for my boards and it's such fun hobby, but my friends don't understand. They just find it geeky. Ah well. It's good to find a whole community like this, so I'll be seeing you all around!

Offline antCB

« Reply #211 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 22:47:07 »
I got to know of geekhack through some mechanical keyboard enthusiasts from a general technology portuguese forum (zwame. if you want to know).

Also because I've made a huge mistake with my Steelseries 6GV2 (it's the only mechanical keyboard I currently own), and I think I'll be able to get help from this forum :P

Steelseries 6GV2 ISO-PT with Gateron Blues.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #212 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 22:56:17 »
I got to know of geekhack through some mechanical keyboard enthusiasts from a general technology portuguese forum (zwame. if you want to know).

Also because I've made a huge mistake with my Steelseries 6GV2 (it's the only mechanical keyboard I currently own), and I think I'll be able to get help from this forum :P

The huge mistake being the MX Black switches, or the non-standard keycaps?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline antCB

« Reply #213 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 09:46:06 »
i actually like the feel of the switches and keycaps :) but i've managed to screw up in something I shouldn't have screwed  :P
Steelseries 6GV2 ISO-PT with Gateron Blues.

Offline czito

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 00:47:03 »
Hello geekhack !

I was watching this board for a long time. What I have got? I have black alps Alcatel keyboard adn Logitech 710+ with brownies.

Regards
Logitech G710+

Offline SirReallySam

• SirReallySam-LinusTech
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 08:42:49 »
I'm relatively new...

I have a Ducky Zero with MX Reds,
An IBM model M with a terminal connector... Going to be using Soarer's MOD soon :)
Also a couple of membrane boards as well... But who wants to hear about them XD

Going to be buying a Matias Tactile Pro and Poker 2 with MX blues soon hopefully!
I like the keyboards... I feel we all do.

Offline SirReallySam

• SirReallySam-LinusTech
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 05:40:18 »
Hello geekhack !

I was watching this board for a long time. What I have got? I have black alps Alcatel keyboard adn Logitech 710+ with brownies.

Regards

MMM brownies :D

Offline delobe

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:18:49 »
Hello, I just bought my first mechanical keyboard, a filco with brown switches, and google seemed to direct me here! So, hello guys.
de hand, de fingres, de nails, de arma, de bilbow

Offline John Venture

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:59:39 »
Hello, been lurking the forum for a while and decided to step up :-)

I hope the forum won't ask me to fill a captcha with every post for too long, I HATE 'em!

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 20:02:41 »

I hope the forum won't ask me to fill a captcha with every post for too long, I HATE 'em!

Its only for the first couple posts

Offline SirReallySam

• SirReallySam-LinusTech
« Reply #220 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 14:14:16 »

Its only for the first couple posts
After I discovered this I was much more likely to post D: So annoying XD

Agreed they were so annoying D:

Offline mougrim

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 15:33:58 »
Well... I'm a fan of good keyboards from Ukraine. First keyboard I typed on was genuine IBM Model M on IBM PC AT... and when I had money to spend, I started looking for the same feeling...

Now I own two mechanical keyboards - Razer BlackWidow Expert (Cherry MX Blue - nice, but now I use it on my second PC) and Unicomp Ultra Classic (buckling springs - my main keyboard for now). Although I found "that" feeling, now I longing for genuine Model M... or maybe even Model F?
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline sa_penguin

« Reply #222 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 21:31:19 »
Greetings from sunny Adelaide, South Australia.
I just joined, in a quest for more information on custom keypads. You could say I'm at the very edge of the "money pit" mentioned in post #1.
What I want to make is - a calculator keypad.

Not just any old keypad, but a quality one, like HP used to make. With color function keys, and secondary functions in color on the keycaps.

I've been looking at making my own PCB's and loading them with low profile switches ($$$) but it's cheaper to just but a 49-key Bluetooth mini keyboard.
That still leaves me with a need to get custom keycaps. I've got plenty of forum reading to do, wish me luck.

-- Alan

Offline drinkbleach

« Reply #223 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 10:00:37 »
Hi, long time listener, first time poster. Currently typing on a leopold 660c and lovin it! Been trying to get my WPM up and looking to dress up the board with something pretty  :-*

Also, thinking of trying a silent mod.

Heyo all !!!

Vancouver, Canada!

Offline pantoum

« Reply #224 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 18:07:52 »
Hello All!

I've been working IT for 10 years and it was only recently that my boss asked me if I wanted a "clicky" keyboard for my workstation. From there I went to a Ducky Zero with red switches and now I'm hooked!

Glad to find this place!

Offline john71

« Reply #225 on: Thu, 13 March 2014, 15:44:56 »
Hey all

found this place trough ergodox.
my goal is to build  a spin off from that project.
Currently i'm looking about some information on the teensy controller, how do the layers work?

Grretz John

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 13 March 2014, 15:53:29 »
Hey all

found this place trough ergodox.
my goal is to build  a spin off from that project.
Currently i'm looking about some information on the teensy controller, how do the layers work?

Grretz John

The Teensy is the microcontroller, and only does what the firmware allows it to do. So the layers are a function of the firmware used. You could always start by taking a look at hasu's TMK keyboard firmware.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline chibishin

• sittin around all day listening to classical music
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 12:32:15 »
guess I need to make a bunch of pointless posts so I can make a WTB thread in the classifieds.

because nothing ensures quality of posters than forcing them to post nonsense so they can have the same access as other members.

the captcha and verification bits in order to post are brilliant, too. I suppose that's why you have so many active members.

Offline stfu_navi

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 16:26:56 »
Hello everyone at GH.

I have been lurking the forums for a while, looking to learn a bit about mechanical keyboards, pimp out my recently acquired CM Quickfire Rapid and maybe even the CM Quickfire Ultimate I was given as a present a while back, I'm also super interested in participating in group buys. right now I'm obsessed with trying to get my hands in an IBM Model M (so I can be hated for how loud that thing can be in a small office  ;D ) manufactured in either 1986< (year i was born) or 1987...been keeping an eye out for a while but no luck so far...maybe someone in the classifieds would be willing to sell?  ;)

Offline heavyzobech

« Reply #229 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 15:07:44 »
Hi all, I'm new and like stfu_navi I've been lurking the forums for a while too :)

I just received my first mechanical keyboard this monday, but I was abroad so this is my first day typing on it ! I've bought a QuickFire Rapid because I... just hate the standard layout (too big for me), and its price is low enough so I wouldn't regret having chosen the wrong switches... Got the black ones, and I like them :D

Still, I'm gonna loose a lot of money (as soon as I get some), because I've fallen in love of Topre switches (just by looking at them, and hearing them in Mr Interface videos), AND I still have to try a keyboard with blue or green switches...
And I already want to change those ugly QFR caps : I'm from the french-speaking part of Switzerland, so getting a mech keyboard with a swiss ISO layout is almost impossible ; my first keyboard got a german layout and it shouldn't be an issue (I blind-type), but... still... those caps...

Offline sebk

« Reply #230 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 09:44:18 »
Guten Tag geekhack!

I've only recently gotten into the fantastic world of keyboard and this seems to be the place where it all goes down ;) I've seen some cool stuff and already met some cool people. I'm hoping to find more.

I have two model Ms, a Coolermaster XT, and a Poker 2 on the way. I'm currently hunting for a SSK. Living in Europe sucks!

Seb

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 10:01:41 »
I bought a Topre board within two weeks of becoming a GeekHack member.

What's next? Whatever it is, I can't wait. :p :cool: :thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 10:21:19 »

What's next? Say goodbye to your wallet.

Oh wait, Topre? Nevermind. Steer clear of the MXs if you want your wallet to have any chance of surviving.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 10:36:16 »

What's next? Say goodbye to your wallet.

Oh wait, Topre? Nevermind. Steer clear of the MXs if you want your wallet to have any chance of surviving.

Coach, I guess I could have said three Topre boards, two Topre keysets, and a Topre clack all within a few weeks. ;)

I've had two Cherry boards for the past few (2-3) years. Now that I have made the jump to Topre, I'll probably start looking into modding my Cherrys.

Agreed, the price of KMACs, other high-end Cherry boards and those sorts are up there in $$$. :eek:

Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #234 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 01:51:48 »
Hello All,

This is my first post, but I've been reading this website for weeks now learning everything I can.  I recently bought a Ducky Shine 3 TKL which I have been pretty pleased with.  I'm much more excited about the Poker 2, aluminum Tex case, and blank black PBT keycaps I have coming in the mail soon.  The plan is to add a bunch of red LEDs to the Poker 2 PCB, mount that in the Tex case, and hopefully someday find a red Gasmask keycap for the escape key.  From the reading that I've done so far, these artisan keycaps go quick - very quick. Anyway, it's nice to join a community of people that I can talk keyboards with, because my girlfriend is getting sick of it.  :))

Offline grapenutster

• Memories of Green
« Reply #235 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 17:54:57 »
Hello everybody at Geekhack!  I've just ordered my first cherry mx keyboard, a  Ducky DK9008 Shine 3 with the Cherry MX Blues and orange LEDs.  I've been using an Apple Extended Keyboard II M3501 but now I want to try out some Cherry switches.  I'm really interested in retro keycaps!
It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?

Offline grapenutster

• Memories of Green
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 23:10:06 »
Cherry or Topre? 

In the search for a keyboard that both offers a pleasant tactile and audible feedback, and is not damaging to the tendons of the wrist in the long term, I have wondered whether it is worth while to invest in cherry keyswitch based boards, or Topre?  Looking at the characteristics of the Topre capacitive switch, Topre appears to have the advantages of longevity, as the activation of the switch mechanism is not dependent on physical contact between conductors, but tactile Cherry switches seem to provide more positive tactile and audible feedback.  ANybody out there who has tried both and have an opinion on the advantages / drawbacks of either?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #237 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 23:19:23 »
Cherry or Topre? 

In the search for a keyboard that both offers a pleasant tactile and audible feedback, and is not damaging to the tendons of the wrist in the long term, I have wondered whether it is worth while to invest in cherry keyswitch based boards, or Topre?  Looking at the characteristics of the Topre capacitive switch, Topre appears to have the advantages of longevity, as the activation of the switch mechanism is not dependent on physical contact between conductors, but tactile Cherry switches seem to provide more positive tactile and audible feedback.  ANybody out there who has tried both and have an opinion on the advantages / drawbacks of either?

In this quest you will get nothing but opinions on personal preference.  Me personally I find buckling spring switches to be the best in the world of audible feeback, tactile feedback, force require for actuation, overall feel, and longevity.  However, customization wins out with what I am planning so MX it is.  I have not tried topre switches yet.  But they are not near as customizable as MX.  Custom layouts can't be done yet with them so you are stuck with what ever you can buy off the shelf.  Plus, rumors that Topre has stopped aftermarket keycap manufacturing.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 23:23:22 »
Cherry or Topre? 

First off, longevity is NOTHING you should be worrying about in a mech. That being said, topre usually dies before cherry before dies BS. Topre uses rubber domes that get hard after time and change feel. Cherry is all contact but that contact lasts quite a while. BS lasts pretty much forever, and I have not seen a dead BS board yet.

If you're going for ergonomics, topre does not have any options, and for BS, there is just the M15. For cherry there is a plethora of options.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 23:25:04 »
Cherry or Topre? 

First off, longevity is NOTHING you should be worrying about in a mech. That being said, topre usually dies before cherry before dies BS. Topre uses rubber domes that get hard after time and change feel. Cherry is all contact but that contact lasts quite a while. BS lasts pretty much forever, and I have not seen a dead BS board yet.

If you're going for ergonomics, topre does not have any options, and for BS, there is just the M15. For cherry there is a plethora of options.

I concur.  The M that I got for $5 from a e-recycle shop actually has shiny caps and a couple of the caps the dye subbed legends are actually starting to wear.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline grapenutster

• Memories of Green
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:42:05 »

I have often considered longevity and the long time availability for repair /spare parts when buying something like a car or a bicycle.  I have always kept a spare alternator, a set of gaskets and belts in my garage in case of the national enemy du jour. now that I am getting ready to get into mech keyboards, the cost involved has me thinking about where to source spare parts and the length of the production cycle will be for such parts. 

I concur.  The M that I got for $5 from a e-recycle shop actually has shiny caps and a couple of the caps the dye subbed legends are actually starting to wear.

I'll have to check out the electronics flea market next month and see what's around

Offline mougrim

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 01:24:41 »
Cherry or Topre? 

But is there something wrong with the switches themselves? ;)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #242 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 01:34:04 »
Cherry or Topre? 

No it is just an inherent trait of the material composition of the rubber portion.

Offline grapenutster

• Memories of Green
« Reply #243 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:54:59 »
Cherry or Topre? 

No it is just an inherent trait of the material composition of the rubber portion.

Since the rubber dome does not play an active role in the detection of a keypress, is the rubber dome only present in the design to provide some sort of tactile feedback?  I wonder if the rubber dome could be done away with permantently, substituting a washer or space of the appropriate size & shape.  I believe that contactless switches should be the way to go for any input device.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #244 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 03:52:40 »
Cherry or Topre? 

Since the rubber dome does not play an active role in the detection of a keypress, is the rubber dome only present in the design to provide some sort of tactile feedback?  I wonder if the rubber dome could be done away with permantently, substituting a washer or space of the appropriate size & shape.  I believe that contactless switches should be the way to go for any input device.

It's providing not only tactile feedback. It's actually returning key after pressed.

Offline DerpyDash_xAD

« Reply #245 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 23:20:31 »
I just joined today, but I've been into keyboards for a while - I just never realized there was an actual community for it.

Since I was young, I have used a model m, and a bunch of membranes. About two years ago, I bought a Razer MX blue blackwidow - but I just traded that for my dads damaged model m. I'm going to pray I can fix it, and if not, I'll hunt for the model m he lost ;)
Using Tapatalk

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #246 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 07:01:40 »
I just joined today, but I've been into keyboards for a while - I just never realized there was an actual community for it.

Since I was young, I have used a model m, and a bunch of membranes. About two years ago, I bought a Razer MX blue blackwidow - but I just traded that for my dads damaged model m. I'm going to pray I can fix it, and if not, I'll hunt for the model m he lost ;)

Glad to have you.  Chances are that you can get that M running again.  If you need parts just get in touch with Unicomp as they bought most of the orignal tooling for the IBM versions iirc.  There are many of us here that can help with getting that back to its former clacking goodness.

Offline DerpyDash_xAD

« Reply #247 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 07:19:15 »

Glad to have you.  Chances are that you can get that M running again.  If you need parts just get in touch with Unicomp as they bought most of the orignal tooling for the IBM versions iirc.  There are many of us here that can help with getting that back to its former clacking goodness.
Thank you, and that is very good to know, I always enjoy using model M's and having one for my own usage would be brilliant ;)
Using Tapatalk

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 07:28:43 »
Yeah M's and F's are very popular around here.  Prepare to either have a constant empty wallet (if you get bit by the MX customization bug) or put a padlock on your wallet and give someone else the key.

Offline ZSYStriker

« Reply #249 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 21:01:23 »
Hello, KB lovers... ZSYstriker here.  Joined recently but have been lurking for quite a while; I read that's frowned upon.  Sorry about that.  Been lurking to learn about Soarer's converter.  It took me a while to learn but I just got my F122 working!  There're some ingenious folks here.  While learning, I've started a quite a collection of KB's -- mostly Model M's, several F's, Alps, and various colors of Cherries.  My wife thinks I've started a keyboard restoration business!  Thank, god, I have my own closet; if she saw what I've gotten in there, she may commit me into an asylum.  :)) :))

Hope to converse with some of you more in the near future....