Author Topic: [GB] SA By the Sea - Shipping Now!  (Read 60184 times)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Re: [GB] SA By the Sea - 1 week left!!
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 20:59:48 »
Beautiful set. I really want to get in on this buy. My only holdup is having been burned before by GON for 600+ I notice that they are not due to ship out until September, which is scarily close to PayPals 6 month limit. Can you offer any reassuring words for someone who is hesitant such as myself?

Pretty sure any of the vendors are more interested in staying a legit business for the next decade+ than scamming you out of 200$ one time and getting the **** sued out of them.

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 21:27:34 »
Tomorrow, 3/20 is the finaL day to order, right?

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 21:47:57 »
Tomorrow, 3/20 is the finaL day to order, right?

Due to the kit remake we're actually going to be extending the GB to the 24th! I was gonna post a little something on r/mk tomorrow

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 12:19:23 »
Beautiful set. I really want to get in on this buy. My only holdup is having been burned before by GON for 600+ I notice that they are not due to ship out until September, which is scarily close to PayPals 6 month limit. Can you offer any reassuring words for someone who is hesitant such as myself?

I can assure you that ripping people off and getting hit with a class action lawsuit.

I've been pretty upfront on various outlets that this is a passion project for me, and is not even remotely close to being a get-rich quick scheme. I'm dedicated to getting the set made, even if it means me buying up the rest of the sets to meet MOQ, I'm in it to get made, not to get rich :)

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 17:01:59 »
I like your answer, I'm in, will submit my order shortly

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 10:32:56 »
I like your answer, I'm in, will submit my order shortly

ay thats great! Thanks for the support!  :D

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 15:10:18 »
I know both of these guys running the GB (Mechkeys, Thrill) personally. There's nothing to be afraid of dude lol. If some **** went down id go and slap em around for you

Offline donut_sauce

Re: [GB] SA By the Sea - Extended to 24th!
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 08:21:15 »
what time is this closing today?

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 17:20:43 »
Wow came here to find out about how much time left in this GB - I missed it by  a day :(
> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 22:31:52 »
Lovely set. Just send a PM :(

Offline lovetree

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 06:53:21 »
Did all kits meet MoQ?

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 14:57:55 »
Did all kits meet MoQ?

will provide a fancy update later today once we've finished crunching numbers :)

Lovely set. Just send a PM :(

Wow came here to find out about how much time left in this GB - I missed it by  a day :(

pm'd

Offline THRILLHOIAF

Re: [GB] SA By the Sea - GB concluded - number crunching!
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 22:33:24 »
March 26th Update

Ive updated OP to reflect current GB status.

currently crunching numbers with Dave before we submit our order to SP. Will have more details about number of kits sold, kits that didn't make it and other important details as soon as possible.

thanks to all who supported this project throughout the many phases and I llook forward to providing you with some great information asap

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 01:10:28 »
March 26th Update Continued

Attention all those who purchased the Blanks and 40s kit...

I sadly regret to inform you that we unfortunately undersold on the 40s kit, and after careful evaluation of our numbers, couldn't find a justifiable way to get the 40s set made :(

An e-mail will be sent out from Mechkeys later tonight asking those who bought the 40s set if they wish to refund JUST their 40s set, or their entire order

I'm really sorry guys, I really tried my hardest to sell the 40s kit to prospective buyers (I think 50% of my reddit posts highlighted BTS on a 40%) and I truly believed that the great coverage would be enticing enough to get the MOQ met, but unfortunately it was just not in the stars for us on this run!

Believe me when I say we evaluated our options of buying up the remainder of the sets at the bare minimum MOQ, however we found that it would mean the groupbuy taking on a huge loss, and would leave us with a handful of 40s kits that would have to be sold at nearly double the original sell price in order to break even :(

And to the few who bought blanks kits, thank you so much for believing in the sets color scheme enough to get blanks! I honestly wasnt sure there would be a single set sold, but to you who believed in the set that much, much love you're my heroes!

All this being said, I'm ecstatic we made it with the rest of the kits, and as the recent owner of a beautiful silver Pearl, and the equally unique CONTRA, I was really crossing my fingers that the 40s kit made it, but my mama always told me to never give up on something you believe in, so maybe not today but in the future, us 40s freaks can figure something out :)

Again sorry for the inconvenience everyone, and I hope you understand that we did everything we could to try make it happen :)

Cheers
Cody

Offline lovetree

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 06:29:14 »
March 26th Update Continued

Attention all those who purchased the Blanks and 40s kit...

I sadly regret to inform you that we unfortunately undersold on the 40s kit, and after careful evaluation of our numbers, couldn't find a justifiable way to get the 40s set made :(

An e-mail will be sent out from Mechkeys later tonight asking those who bought the 40s set if they wish to refund JUST their 40s set, or their entire order

I'm really sorry guys, I really tried my hardest to sell the 40s kit to prospective buyers (I think 50% of my reddit posts highlighted BTS on a 40%) and I truly believed that the great coverage would be enticing enough to get the MOQ met, but unfortunately it was just not in the stars for us on this run!

Believe me when I say we evaluated our options of buying up the remainder of the sets at the bare minimum MOQ, however we found that it would mean the groupbuy taking on a huge loss, and would leave us with a handful of 40s kits that would have to be sold at nearly double the original sell price in order to break even :(

And to the few who bought blanks kits, thank you so much for believing in the sets color scheme enough to get blanks! I honestly wasnt sure there would be a single set sold, but to you who believed in the set that much, much love you're my heroes!

All this being said, I'm ecstatic we made it with the rest of the kits, and as the recent owner of a beautiful silver Pearl, and the equally unique CONTRA, I was really crossing my fingers that the 40s kit made it, but my mama always told me to never give up on something you believe in, so maybe not today but in the future, us 40s freaks can figure something out :)

Again sorry for the inconvenience everyone, and I hope you understand that we did everything we could to try make it happen :)

Cheers
Cody

A shame that 40s and Blanks could not make it.  :(

Offline Brammm87

Too bad those didn't make it, but I'm really happy the rest of the set did! I'm looking forward to it.
pls gief bbv2

Offline jraper13

hey! i just was able to place an order today for the base kit only shipped to US. Was I able to get in? Really want one of these badboys.

Thanks
Joey

Offline THRILLHOIAF

hey! i just was able to place an order today for the base kit only shipped to US. Was I able to get in? Really want one of these badboys.

Thanks
Joey

haha, we reopened the set on the site to let those who had their order refunded re-purchase sans blanks/40s kits

if you got in I highly doubt Dave(mechkeys) is gonna void the order haha!

We're submitting our order to SP early this week so you may have lucked out!

Offline jraper13

Thanks
Joey

haha, we reopened the set on the site to let those who had their order refunded re-purchase sans blanks/40s kits

if you got in I highly doubt Dave(mechkeys) is gonna void the order haha!

We're submitting our order to SP early this week so you may have lucked out!

NICE!!!!! Guess i got lucky, thanks! :)

Offline howj

urgh ... late to the game ... but if there's still space i'd love to jump for a TKL set!

Offline THRILLHOIAF

4/15/18 - Updates, final numbers, production schedule, novelties

Hey everyone sorry for the lack of update since our GB ended, been busy fine tuning the details with SP, but I wanted to give everyone an update on where we're at!

Final Kit Numbers
Base Kits: 108
Novelties: 82
Numpads: 53
Non-Standard Adapters: 56

We sold quite well with our basekits and fortunately JUST cracked the 50 MOQ for the numpads and NSAdapter kits! Thank god too, because if we didn't crack the 50MOQ for the 2, then we'd have probably had to refund the entire groupbuy, so hooray for making it everybody!

Production Schedule
Payment was submitted officially to Signature Plastics on 04/10/18 so we've secured our spot on the production schedule

With Pulse R2 and a crapton of other SA set orders coming in just prior to ours, our spot on the production schedule got bumped down to Q4 of this year 2018

Artwork/Novelty Tweaks
and finally, just minor tweaks to some of the novelties had to be made due to SP's tooling restrictions

mainly, parts of the sisters and boat novelties being too thing

I've submitted revised artwork for SP to work with, so I'll hear back soon enough whether the revised works or not!

-so in the original, the mouth on the sisters was too thin and thus became a block outline, I also smoothed out the eyes a bit so she's less derpy lookin
-then the boats rudder handle was too close to the boat so it had to be raised, but raising it goofed with the scale of the boat itself, so I had to raise the cabin up, and make it look a little rounder to balance it out! kind of what I wanted it to look like in the first place, the original was a bit too thin which wasnt really keeping with the movie
-artwork was also split on the boat novelty, so for the 1u boat novelty, the rudder handle will not have a hand-hole on it for the 1u novelty

again these are tentative changes, for all I know these revisions might not be good enough and more will have to come, but I thought I'd keep everyone up to date with any revisions that need to be made since we got a ways until we enter production stages :)

Thanks for bearing with me guys! Apologies for the lack of updates the past couple weeks, hopefully this one answers enough questions :)

TLDR

• Payment submitted to SP 04/10/18
  • Production tentatively scheduled for Q4 2018
  • Artwork needed updating on Sisters and Boat novelties
  • Kit numbers were good!

here's an incredibly rushed/lazy render of the set on the upcoming Espectro for your patience!

More

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
Re: [GB] SA By the Sea - Production Scheduled Q4-2018 + updates
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 22:44:41 »
Thank you so much for the update!

Offline THRILLHOIAF

More
4/15/18 - Updates, final numbers, production schedule, novelties

Hey everyone sorry for the lack of update since our GB ended, been busy fine tuning the details with SP, but I wanted to give everyone an update on where we're at!

Final Kit Numbers
Base Kits: 108
Novelties: 82
Numpads: 53
Non-Standard Adapters: 56

We sold quite well with our basekits and fortunately JUST cracked the 50 MOQ for the numpads and NSAdapter kits! Thank god too, because if we didn't crack the 50MOQ for the 2, then we'd have probably had to refund the entire groupbuy, so hooray for making it everybody!

Production Schedule
Payment was submitted officially to Signature Plastics on 04/10/18 so we've secured our spot on the production schedule

With Pulse R2 and a crapton of other SA set orders coming in just prior to ours, our spot on the production schedule got bumped down to Q4 of this year 2018

Artwork/Novelty Tweaks
and finally, just minor tweaks to some of the novelties had to be made due to SP's tooling restrictions

mainly, parts of the sisters and boat novelties being too thing

I've submitted revised artwork for SP to work with, so I'll hear back soon enough whether the revised works or not!

Show Image

-so in the original, the mouth on the sisters was too thin and thus became a block outline, I also smoothed out the eyes a bit so she's less derpy lookin
-then the boats rudder handle was too close to the boat so it had to be raised, but raising it goofed with the scale of the boat itself, so I had to raise the cabin up, and make it look a little rounder to balance it out! kind of what I wanted it to look like in the first place, the original was a bit too thin which wasnt really keeping with the movie
-artwork was also split on the boat novelty, so for the 1u boat novelty, the rudder handle will not have a hand-hole on it for the 1u novelty

again these are tentative changes, for all I know these revisions might not be good enough and more will have to come, but I thought I'd keep everyone up to date with any revisions that need to be made since we got a ways until we enter production stages :)

Thanks for bearing with me guys! Apologies for the lack of updates the past couple weeks, hopefully this one answers enough questions :)

TLDR

• Payment submitted to SP 04/10/18
  • Production tentatively scheduled for Q4 2018
  • Artwork needed updating on Sisters and Boat novelties
  • Kit numbers were good!

Just following up, SP confirmed the revised artwork was good to go :)

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 11:14:33 »
Glad to hear that and cant wait for it!

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 12:44:10 »
Oh man, it's gonna be hard waiting for this :/
pls gief bbv2

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 22:21:56 »
shameless bump. regretted so much for not joining this. PM me if someone want to let go of their alphas + modifier.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 22:48:08 »
05/15/18 Update - Color chip samples got shipped today! Should receive them in the next week or so!

I saw an old pantone book at work and compared it to Pantones own website and it was shockingly off, so hopefully thats just the result of me using an old book and we're still good...regardless, we got plenty of time to nail the color matching :)

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 17:15:53 »
05/25/18 - Colors samples arrived

Hey guys I just received color chip samples in from SP!

I'll let you all peep the album, I tried to cover as many different lighting scenarios throughout the day to best capture how each color changes in different settings. Will add more when I get home so everyone can see what the colors look like in a mildly bright computer/gaming room.

https://imgur.com/a/6jeh3Ia

Overall I think these are a good start! In bright light all the colors are near bang on with the pantone guide and are quite accurate to the render! That being said, I noticed throughout the day as lighting changed, that the color samples also varied quite heavily from being near-bang-on to "that doesnt seem right?"

Fortunately with a production slot of Q4 this year, we've got plenty of time to nail down the colors, and while this was a good start, I think I'm going to do my due diligence and see if I can refine these to be more accurate

To be more specific, I'm going to request chip samples in a couple near-identical pantones to see how they compare, and ask to see if they can provide  the current pantones  but with their bases (magenta/cyan) a bit brighter, just so we have something to compare to!

But yah like I said, I still think the colors look great, really captures the palette of the film and really look great together!

Cheers!

EDIT:

^Picture in my comp dungeon - SA Camping for color scale (Camping also uses WCK alphas)
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 May 2018, 19:22:54 by THRILLHOIAF »

Offline tommyonsn

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 00:49:31 »
 :thumb: very good color!
expect to receive.
05/25/18 - Colors samples arrived

Show Image

Hey guys I just received color chip samples in from SP!

I'll let you all peep the album, I tried to cover as many different lighting scenarios throughout the day to best capture how each color changes in different settings. Will add more when I get home so everyone can see what the colors look like in a mildly bright computer/gaming room.

https://imgur.com/a/6jeh3Ia

Overall I think these are a good start! In bright light all the colors are near bang on with the pantone guide and are quite accurate to the render! That being said, I noticed throughout the day as lighting changed, that the color samples also varied quite heavily from being near-bang-on to "that doesnt seem right?"

Fortunately with a production slot of Q4 this year, we've got plenty of time to nail down the colors, and while this was a good start, I think I'm going to do my due diligence and see if I can refine these to be more accurate

To be more specific, I'm going to request chip samples in a couple near-identical pantones to see how they compare, and ask to see if they can provide  the current pantones  but with their bases (magenta/cyan) a bit brighter, just so we have something to compare to!

But yah like I said, I still think the colors look great, really captures the palette of the film and really look great together!

Cheers!

EDIT:

Show Image

^Picture in my comp dungeon - SA Camping for color scale (Camping also uses WCK alphas)

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 02:15:19 »
Any updates on this? Are the colors being changed?
pls gief bbv2

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 10:12:29 »
Any updates on this? Are the colors being changed?

hey no colors aren't being changed. just in the arduous process of color-matching!

I put in a request for a separate batch of color samples from SP but have yet to hear back. Will follow up for a response!

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 22:06:45 »
07/06/18 - More Color Samples!

Hey guys, exciting stuff! I got a second round of color samples for the set and I'm REALLY stoked on them.

with the original colors I was pretty stoked and happy! However I wanted to see some them pop a bit more, a little bit lighter and not so flat/muted. We definitely got that 100% with the latest batch

Inside lighting conditions:

Natural lighting conditions:

Going to send an email to Melissa at SP asap, locking our color selections, and who knows, fingers crossed we can maybe slide up the production schedule :D

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 09:40:37 »
Looking good! Excited for this buy.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 09:42:55 »
Thank you so much for the prompt response and updates.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 20:52:05 »
Has the payment been made and a production schedule been confirmed?

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 21:37:03 »
Has the payment been made and a production schedule been confirmed?

Yes yes, payments have all been made, Melissa last correspondence with me, she was ordering the custom color plastics for production!

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 11:51:04 »
Any updates on ETA?
> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 14:46:46 »
Any updates on ETA?

Hey GT, I asked Melissa at SP about the possibility of samples for the Vancouver MK meetup and was told that our set is set for an end of December ship, with a production start date at the beginning of December!

A late Christmas/boxing day gift for us it looks like :)

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 10:33:23 »
Any updates on ETA?

Hey GT, I asked Melissa at SP about the possibility of samples for the Vancouver MK meetup and was told that our set is set for an end of December ship, with a production start date at the beginning of December!

A late Christmas/boxing day gift for us it looks like :)

Cool thanks for the update!

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 15:10:26 »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

work was kicking my ass all over today, then I checked my e-mails on my break and got pictures of the set!

right now they are just re-tooling the backspace novelty as the roundness of the lettering was causing fill issues with the doubleshot so I had to provide a newer version of said novelty that is more CNC friendly! Mucho thanks to Oblotzky for connecting with Engicoder on the CNC help!

without further adieu

Base Kit

Non Standard - Novelties - Numpad

Close-up of completed novelties

I'll provide a further update once SP has confirmed the updated backspace novelty design is CNC friendly and doesn't cause any other doubleshot issues! Until then, GET HYPED!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 15:19:05 »
My daughter is going to flip her lid when she gets this on a keyboard. She is three on January 14th and can't type yet, but LOVES Ponyo. I will teach her to type on this keyset when the time comes. Looking great so far.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline w0odyallen

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 15:50:34 »
i need my glorious HAM! keys

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 17:54:34 »
Wellp looks like production is complete! I received a picture of the last key printed ,

So now I'm just waiting on vendors to provide shipping addresses to SP and then we'll get some shipping information and then boom we in business baby

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone who's stuck with me this far!

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 02:50:47 »
Oooooh baby, looking forward to receiving this set!
pls gief bbv2

Offline Ye11ow

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 14:29:01 »
Any updates on when this will ship? Very excited, thanks!

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 21:19:25 »
Any updates on when this will ship? Very excited, thanks!

Orders for all three have had shipping arranged from signature plastics to the various proxies...

had to arrange shipping of the NA order to mechkeys.ca through my work due to the insane cost before duties/brokerage we were being quoted at

so I'll be able to monitor and track the NA shipments transit to mechkeys closely :)

Offline hwatisthat

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 17:16:42 »
I checked the mechkeys site, and made me a bit nervous. The message is:

"I am stepping away from the business for an undetermined amount of time. If you require help. support, etc please check the discord. There will be people there who can assist in my absence."

Is there a spreadsheet or something to see status?

Thanks again for facilitating this awesome group buy!

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 17:38:29 »

"I am stepping away from the business for an undetermined amount of time. If you require help. support, etc please check the discord. There will be people there who can assist in my absence."

Dont sweat that, that was from a time period where Dave was dealing with the whole Espectro ghosting fiasco. Products are on route to proxies and will be distributed after a qc

Offline hwatisthat

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 09:26:14 »
Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it. =)

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 19:20:31 »

Wait is that the guy who wrote about how he basically had to fork over like $50k or something because he didn't know if the keyboards would ever come?

Dont sweat that, that was from a time period where Dave was dealing with the whole Espectro ghosting fiasco. Products are on route to proxies and will be distributed after a qc