Author Topic: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - 100% Shipped - Cleaning up  (Read 304608 times)

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - (NA) Alu cases shipping; (EU) en route to CK
« Reply #650 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 01:12:03 »
Small update but shipped a few more out today. Some issues during boxing and swapped a few inner boxes on accident so had a to unpack a lot. More should be going out tomorrow if you haven't gotten tracking.

Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline splodeybaloney

« Reply #651 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 10:38:37 »
Hate to post again but I may still be looking for a black full aluminum kit, if anyone is selling please let me know or I'll try and hold out to hear back about extra kits.

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #652 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 00:13:15 »
Hate to post again but I may still be looking for a black full aluminum kit, if anyone is selling please let me know or I'll try and hold out to hear back about extra kits.

You can have my spot if you like. It's ordered through CandyKeys. Pm me

Offline briannnn

« Reply #653 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 01:58:10 »
Got my board today, it's a Christmas miracle.

Though in trying to get it flashed I have run into a speed bump:  The Kimera - XD85 is no longer listed on the tkg.io programmer, only XD84.  I don't know if this is the issue affecting my inability to program and flash the board but it seems to be the first issue I'd need to fix before getting further into programming details.

Offline Krazzios

« Reply #654 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 04:46:09 »
It very much is, make sure to use the correct site: https://kai.tkg.io/#

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #655 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 05:00:11 »
Small update but should be able to get remaining orders out by the end of the week given no issues. Wrapping up school tomorrow and should have time to wrap everything up and bring this all to a close.

I'm going to have one helluva story to tell from the two years this board has been in GB.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #656 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 05:01:23 »

Though in trying to get it flashed I have run into a speed bump:  The Kimera - XD85 is no longer listed on the tkg.io programmer, only XD84.  I don't know if this is the issue affecting my inability to program and flash the board but it seems to be the first issue I'd need to fix before getting further into programming details.

Use Kai.tkg.io as krazzios says. You will still need to install the browser extension if you want to flash directly from the configurator.

switchplate.co

Offline briannnn

« Reply #657 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 06:54:36 »

Thanks so much!

Offline NoncarbonatedClack

« Reply #658 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 10:47:20 »

Thanks so much!

That all being said, is there a way to program and flash this board without a webconfigurator? Don't like the idea of depending on a web service and browser extenstion that could suddenly be unsupported/disappear.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2019, 10:49:23 by NoncarbonatedClack »

Offline Lunarahi

« Reply #659 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 01:44:43 »
Also looking to get in on an extra. NA. Black preferable, full case necessary.

« Reply #660 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 13:37:52 »

Thanks so much!

That all being said, is there a way to program and flash this board without a webconfigurator? Don't like the idea of depending on a web service and browser extenstion that could suddenly be unsupported/disappear.

Use Kai.tkg.io as krazzios says. You will still need to install the browser extension if you want to flash directly from the configurator.

Is there any way to configure and flash this board without a browser and extension?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #661 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 19:19:19 »
Is the website going to send out emails for extras or should I beg here?

Offline Krazzios

« Reply #662 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 21:41:16 »
Is there any way to configure and flash this board without a browser and extension?

I'll be honest, I'm pretty green when it comes to firmware. But just googling a bit led me to this guide: https://imgur.com/a/rfezG
There seems to be some info on how to use the TKG toolbox in there, basically what the chrome extension does but offline.

« Reply #663 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 09:15:23 »

I'll be honest, I'm pretty green when it comes to firmware. But just googling a bit led me to this guide: https://imgur.com/a/rfezG
There seems to be some info on how to use the TKG toolbox in there, basically what the chrome extension does but offline.

Word, thank you, I'll have to take a look at this and see if it's adaptable to this board.

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #664 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 13:27:20 »
Wow I didn't realize these were just shipping. I barely found out about them today. Congrats on getting it done. Wish I was able to get in on it.

I'd like to purchase any extras or a built/unbuilt board from anyone.

EDIT: I see round 2 is coming around late this year or early next year. Nice.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 December 2019, 14:38:48 by Koatl »
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

« Reply #665 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 12:08:26 »
Small update but should be able to get remaining orders out by the end of the week given no issues. Wrapping up school tomorrow and should have time to wrap everything up and bring this all to a close.

I'm going to have one helluva story to tell from the two years this board has been in GB.

Any update on how close to shipped everything is?

« Reply #666 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 23:41:25 »

What's the status on this? Is everything shipped?
Can we please get an update?

Offline weetjewel

« Reply #667 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 00:28:50 »
Any CK updates?

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #668 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 13:33:53 »
CK situation is that all the keebs are packed but unfortunately no one from the post office came to pick it up (which is nothing unusal, depending on where your location is).

Packages will be shipped on 3rd of January.

Please note: I don't work for CK but I got the information from the owner.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #669 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 17:08:49 »
Looking to grab a kit, hit me up.

Offline blue sky

« Reply #670 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 17:28:22 »
Anyone have some news about the acrylic diffusers for bent plates ?

I still have nothing and can't build my keyboard... It a little bit disappointing.

I have order it from CK.

« Reply #671 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 18:32:37 »
Anyone have some news about the acrylic diffusers for bent plates ?

I still have nothing and can't build my keyboard... It a little bit disappointing.

I have order it from CK.

There was something about that earlier in the thread, I'd suggest reaching out to CK for info/assistance.

« Reply #672 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 00:27:08 »

Last update was 18 days ago, could we PLEASE get an update on where the rest of our parts are? Radio silence is getting quite frustrating.

Offline Pings

« Reply #673 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 21:56:57 »
Ok, I figured the programing thing out and got my layers working. Now I want to know how to program some LEDs I bought. Is there a way to program the red LEDs I bought to turn on and off with a press of a button? If not how do I set it up to have the LEDs on 24/7?

Offline Krazzios

« Reply #674 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 22:57:56 »
Is there a way to program the red LEDs I bought to turn on and off with a press of a button?

Set an extra fn-key somewhere, and in the Fn-settings scroll down to "Backlight action" and pick "Toggle"

Offline Pings

« Reply #675 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 01:00:36 »
Is there a way to program the red LEDs I bought to turn on and off with a press of a button?

Set an extra fn-key somewhere, and in the Fn-settings scroll down to "Backlight action" and pick "Toggle"

Thank you that worked. Got it fully programmed now. Now to solder the LEDs tomorrow and I'm 100% done.

Layer 0:

Layer 1:

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/114d68683899e75631c35da5c02ddd5a
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 January 2020, 17:20:27 by Pings »

Offline Pings

« Reply #676 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 16:26:43 »
Southpaw Extended 65% for Dummies

01. Install the prerequisites Here:
       • Driver update using Zadig here. It might be optional but I ended up needing it.

• Install the TKG Chrome App Chrome Extension here.
02. Choose a Layer 0 layout from keyboard-layout-editor.com (KLE). Customize your keys with these Available Labels.
       • Southpaw 65+ Master and All Options (if you are going to edit and use this make sure to switch the Key Colors back to #cccccc)
       • Layout 1
03. Make a Layer 1 layout from keyboard-layout-editor.com (KLE). Customize your keys with these Available Labels.
       • Blank Layout 1
04. Go to the TKG TMK Keymap Generator page here.
05. Set up your General information.
       • Click Config

• Under Preset change Default to XD85 then click Close.

06. Set up your Layer information. 
       • Go back to keyboard-layout-editor.com (KLE) and copy the info under </> Raw Data tab.

• From there go back to the TKG TMK Keymap Generator page and paste the info under Layer 0 and Layer 1.

07. Set up the Fn information. (Place Fn1, Fn2, Fn3 and so on keys in your layouts to allow you to different functions such as layers, LEDs, and macros.)
       • For example, I have 2 layers and LEDs. I have Fn1 set to Layer 1 with Fn2, Fn3, and Fn4 set to LED options.
       • I have Layer 1 setup set to Fn1 as [Layer action > Momentary] + [layer 1]

• [Others > Built-in function] + [RGB LED] + [Optional] is the RGBs on the back of the board.

08. Set up your LED info.
       • LED1 is for your backlighting. Set the binding to None and check only the box that says backlight.
       • LED2 is for your caps lock LED.
       • LED3 is for your numlock LED.
       • LED4 is for your RGB backlight. Set that to active high, set the binding to None, and check only the box that says backlight.

09. Now that you filled out all of the needed info it's time to flash these settings.
       • Reset the board by moving a magnet over the reset switch or by connecting the two pads if you've opted to snip it off. (It turns out that I can reset mine with it assembled by waving a magnet in between my LAlt and Space keys.)

• On the TKG TMK Keymap Generator page at the bottom [Burn .hex file] will turn all the way green. Click on it to flash these settings.

• Assuming everything went smoothly a bar will pop up with 2 parts letting you know it's complete.

This was my 1st build and I found it a bit hard to understand what was what. So I made this to help out the newbs like myself. Note that TKG TMK Keymap Generator page will not compile or flash if there is something that doesn't make sense in the layout. Check if the later box is outlined in red and click it to see any problems that you need to resolve. I would have taken the time to make every possible combination but KLE doesn't let me save as so it keeps overwriting the other layouts I made. If you would like to have you layouts for Layer 0 and Layer 1 under steps 3 and 4 let me know and I will update this post.

« Last Edit: Sun, 05 January 2020, 16:36:15 by Pings »

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #677 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 08:46:09 »
CK Customers, all packages are done! Yesterday was a bank holiday we were not counting on and did not even know about. So now they just have to come nad pick up the packages! Happy Building!
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline weetjewel

« Reply #678 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 09:27:48 »
CK Customers, all packages are done! Yesterday was a bank holiday we were not counting on and did not even know about. So now they just have to come nad pick up the packages! Happy Building!

Thank you very much for all the work and the update! Happy New Year!

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #679 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 16:07:08 »

Very exciting news!! Thank you.

Will we receive tracking numbers for our orders?

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #680 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 14:12:31 »
Got my shipping notice from Candykeys! :)

Offline duck pauper

« Reply #681 on: Thu, 09 January 2020, 09:33:54 »
Reconsiderit, I haven’t received any shipping notifications on order #1040 (black alu case). I sent you an email. Can you check the status of it? I also ordered some stabs on order #1177.

Thanks.

Offline Krazzios

« Reply #682 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 10:31:26 »
My tracking from CK has been stuck on "Order information has been transmitted to DPD" for a week now. Anyone else?

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #683 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 14:57:13 »
My tracking from CK has been stuck on "Order information has been transmitted to DPD" for a week now. Anyone else?

Was the same for me. That usually happens when the label is generated online but not yet picked up by the carrier.

Mine arrived today - Bent plate model. Wasn't in the mood to check it out to be honest cause the whole waiting and the basically non existent comunication in this thread robbed a bit of my pleasure - But looks good from a first glimpse

Offline edj628

« Reply #684 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 10:47:49 »
Hello all! I hope you have received and are enjoying your new keyboard!

Does anyone know who manufactures the pcb, or if there is a datasheet floating around somewhere?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #685 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 03:00:09 »
So.. I'm guessing there are no extras?

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #686 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 07:52:55 »
Anyone planing an ISO build? It seems that my switch for the ISO Enter doesn't fit with the stabs or I am too stupid. Anyone tried it with success?

Offline HowObvious

« Reply #687 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 08:29:55 »
Anyone planing an ISO build? It seems that my switch for the ISO Enter doesn't fit with the stabs or I am too stupid. Anyone tried it with success?

You will need to file down the right side of the plate to fit the switch properly. If you go back through this thread there are a few pictures.

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #688 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 11:28:07 »
I just got my order from Candykeys today. Gotta say I'm really impressed with the heft of the bent plate case.

However I'm having an issue mounting the switch for my iso-enter. Honestly it feels like the plate is in the way, like the hole isn't big enough or its not cut properly. Well I mean I hope it's just me being an idiot but can someone have a look at these pics and let me know who you think?

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Found it, thanks! But still don't know what to file? :D

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #689 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 16:50:10 »
I have a candy keys order but not received any shipping information or anything

Are these out now?

Offline bearwolfz

« Reply #690 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 01:43:33 »
Same problem here, I emailed them and they said they have my order and it will be shipped. It seems my account is deleted there though? I can't login or reset password, and they kind of dodged the question in the email. I will try to ask them again about the topic.

I have a candy keys order but not received any shipping information or anything

Are these out now?

Offline Krazzios

« Reply #691 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 18:20:33 »
Picked up my package from CK tonight.

Unfortunately, CK didn't realize that they were supposed to source the hardware themselves so none were included. I e-mailed David, and he's getting on it ASAP.
Just thought I'd let everyone else know.

Offline HowObvious

« Reply #692 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 11:32:49 »

The white line on the PCB is the outline of where the switch should fit, you need to clear enough space on the plate for it to fit.

Offline Krazzios

« Reply #693 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 16:15:10 »
So, I soldered my switches today. And they all seem to work with the default firmware, but whenever I try to flash my new layout, everything stops working. The only thing that does anything is my bind for bootloader.

I've used zadig, I've followed the guide, even tried flashing manually (inluding erasing eeprom beforehand). Nothing works.
Any ideas?

EDIT:
I believe this might have something to do with the matrix mapping not matching my layout:

So far, the only people who have got it working seem to have a 2u backspace. What would I have to change in the mapping to get it working?

EDIT#2:
Disregard what I previously said. My problem was that I used Zadig on the board when it wasn't in bootloader. So if you encounter what I did, go to device manager and uninstall all of the Kimera drivers, and it should work.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 January 2020, 07:42:53 by Krazzios »

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #694 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 12:52:27 »

Show Image

The white line on the PCB is the outline of where the switch should fit, you need to clear enough space on the plate for it to fit.

Thank you very much!

Picked up my package from CK tonight.

Show Image

Unfortunately, CK didn't realize that they were supposed to source the hardware themselves so none were included. I e-mailed David, and he's getting on it ASAP.
Just thought I'd let everyone else know.

What is missing?

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #695 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 13:44:00 »
Hey all!

so we are now working on the screws for all the kits, sadly still some plates are missing but we will reconfirm this to make sure. The people who have DPD waiting for pick up are the first to leave next. The ones that are not with at racking number go after. All is in random order.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #696 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 02:32:09 »
If anyone does not have screws yet and find it faster to grab them yourself, below is the screw size chart for the board.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzW35722LaaxbYut-EYNpxquPWcZq40x9o-8dkqCLGo/edit?usp=sharing

I have a handful of extras, but am working on some stuff for southpaw full size at the moment. Will get those up sometime soon.

switchplate.co

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #697 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 10:11:20 »
So.. I'm guessing there are no extras?

Wondering that myself. Time to stalk the aftermarket I suppose.
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #698 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 08:34:15 »
Anyone successfully managed to build an ISO enter (bent case) built? I filed down the necessary space to fit my ISO Enter but now the keys to the right "touch" the enter and they stuck if you press them 

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #699 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 03:55:52 »
Okay, so this is a bit weird, I just rechecked my issue. This is my second build ever so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. But with a Tai Hao Miami ISO Enter, it doesn't fit. Using my stock Pok3r ISO Enter, it fits.

Is this normal? How am I supposed to know, if a new keysets fit? I wanted to pull the trigger on a GMK set usually...but I don't want to spend 150€ with the risk of a non fitting Enter? (Tbh I didn't plan to spend any money on that hobbie :D)