Author Topic: Help debugging broken Datahand.  (Read 11522 times)

Offline The Prototyper

Help debugging broken Datahand.
« on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 15:58:19 »
I purchased a used Datahand a few years ago and am just now getting a chance to work with it. Below are pictures of everything that came with it. The animated gif is what the lights do when the USB/PS2 adapter is plugged in. No output comes from the Datahand and the blinking lights keep doing their thing infinitely. Obviously I will be tearing these down to clean them. There is a wire disconnected as you can see in one of the pictures. It looks like the firmware is probably fried? Have not tried using the extra PROM that was included. Has anyone seen the light pattern before? Looking forward to someone responding. Thanks.  - TP
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 July 2020, 16:00:08 by The Prototyper »

Offline Lanrefni

Re: Help debugging broken Datahand.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 19:49:10 »
Second to last picture has what looks like a broken black wire,that may be the issue.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Help debugging broken Datahand.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 03:42:00 »
First thought was these are quite old, maybe like other old keyboards they need more power than some modern PS/2 ports and adaptors supply.  Is the adaptor known good?

Then you mention a broken wire - not sure where it goes but reconnecting that would be a good start before assuming there's any firmware problem.

Nice find by the way, I hope you get them working.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod