Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Dreamscape GB date June 15th; Ikki68 x Dreamscape Collab  (Read 187517 times)

Offline fredprinz21

Re: [IC] ePBT Dreamscape vendors announced! Update 4
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 04:00:45 »
Hello!

Possible to add Zion Studios PH as Philippines vendor? Pretty sure there will be a lot of purchases from PH for this (BTS fans!!!)

Thanks and can't wait for the group buy!!!
For the night is dark and full of terrors.

Offline noxtace

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 13:00:20 »
I'm very interested in this set and I appreciate going with pbt for the material. But, as someone who owns an EPBT set (epbt purple on white) the purple alphas look more brown. I'm worried that the colors of the irl keycaps aren't going to be remotely accurate to the renders shown.

Offline kathuda

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 16:55:23 »
Also made a GeekHack account just to keep an eye on this set. Can't wait!

Offline vreeska

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 19:22:28 »
I love the renders! I would like to know a little more about the color because of the recent comment on the purples looking more brown.

Offline tsoiab10

• Howdy :^]
« Reply #154 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 02:28:59 »
Will there be any custom cable go with it?
Currently in the talks with someone.  :)

Is there an update regarding this? :)

I made an account just for this, you made my keycap dreams come true and just in time for my first custom keyboard! <3
No update yet but we should have one coming up soon. :]

Hello!

Possible to add Zion Studios PH as Philippines vendor? Pretty sure there will be a lot of purchases from PH for this (BTS fans!!!)

While I did say that the vendors listed are going to be the only ones, I have been reevaluating. There is a possibility that a PH vendor and a UK vendor will be added, but we will see. :[

I'm very interested in this set and I appreciate going with pbt for the material. But, as someone who owns an EPBT set (epbt purple on white) the purple alphas look more brown. I'm worried that the colors of the irl keycaps aren't going to be remotely accurate to the renders shown.

I love the renders! I would like to know a little more about the color because of the recent comment on the purples looking more brown.

In regards to the purple possibly looking brown; I can't say anything specifically about that yet because they are still currently being prototyped, I've been told a physical sample should be here around March (was not Promised just an estimate so please don't expect it by the end march)  and I can make a judgment from there so that can be avoided.

Offline SmolCat

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 03:44:35 »

Hello!

While I did say that the vendors listed are going to be the only ones, I have been reevaluating. There is a possibility that a PH vendor and a UK vendor will be added, but we will see. :[

Just commenting to show my support for a UK vendor! That'd be amazing if one gets added  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 March 2021, 03:48:30 by SmolCat »

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 06:05:15 »
Prototypist would be great as a UK vendor :)

Lovely set

Offline Bantalope

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 09:05:18 »
+ support for uk vendor

Offline yotasan

• ARCANE - PHOTOGRAPHY ARCHIVE
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 09:44:36 »
everything looks amazing, im in.

Offline yotasan

• ARCANE - PHOTOGRAPHY ARCHIVE
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 09:51:46 »
+
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 March 2021, 18:32:10 by yotasan »

Offline Frayne

• For deskmat inquiries: illu_zn
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 13:41:35 »
For the 40s set, is it possible to offer blanks? I know alot of us are mapping our keys differenly and blanks would be a great solution to this problem. Especially when you got this wonderful gradient going across diagonally on the keyboard.

Offline seulgom

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 04:35:43 »
I hope this will really become available locally via PH vendor.
I'm just so in love with the colorway

Offline fredprinz21

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 04:45:12 »
Thanks tsoiab10!

Hope you consider getting a Philippines (PH) vendor. (Zion Studios PH)

Looking forward to the group buy. LET'S GOOOO

Will there be any custom cable go with it?
Currently in the talks with someone.  :)

Is there an update regarding this? :)

I made an account just for this, you made my keycap dreams come true and just in time for my first custom keyboard! <3
No update yet but we should have one coming up soon. :]

Hello!

In regards to the purple possibly looking brown; I can't say anything specifically about that yet because they are still currently being prototyped, I've been told a physical sample should be here around March (was not Promised just an estimate so please don't expect it by the end march)  and I can make a judgment from there so that can be avoided.

Offline vreeska

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 13:05:09 »

Can't wait! :-) I love the set otherwise.

Offline tsoiab10

« Reply #164 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 14:35:21 »

Hello!

Just commenting to show my support for a UK vendor! That'd be amazing if one gets added  :thumb:

+ support for uk vendor

that gradient looks beautiful, im in.

I hope this will really become available locally via PH vendor.
I'm just so in love with the colorway

Prototypist would be great as a UK vendor :)

Lovely set

UK and PH vendors have been added.

For the 40s set, is it possible to offer blanks? I know alot of us are mapping our keys differenly and blanks would be a great solution to this problem. Especially when you got this wonderful gradient going across diagonally on the keyboard.
During the initial process I was considering blanks however at this point in time the closest things I will offering to blanks will be the novelties. :[

Offline fredprinz21

Re: [IC] ePBT Dreamscape UK and PH vendors added
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 20:52:00 »
I AM SPEECHLESS. LET'S GO WITH THE GROUP BUY!!!!!!

Offline minicap

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 14:12:40 »
really excited for this set! the colours are so beautiful and the novelties are cute and charming! looking forwards to gb :D

Offline XiXora

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 18:56:09 »
In the NorDeUK set, is the pipe/backspace key not supposed to be pink? It'll sit on R4 on the split left shift.
I can't see any note of that being changed yet.

Offline tsoiab10

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 00:00:56 »
In the NorDeUK set, is the pipe/backspace key not supposed to be pink? It'll sit on R4 on the split left shift.
I can't see any note of that being changed yet.
You are 100% correct the pipe and backslash key should be pink, I am so sorry! I've already gone ahead and messaged KBDFans to try and sort this out ASAP.

Offline aidanrfraser

Re: [IC] ePbt Dreamscape
« Reply #169 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 12:47:52 »
Update 4.6:
Small update, kits got quoted in USD, the specific price per each region will be reavealed later on due to the constant fluctuation in exchange rates. Additionally group buy dates are currently in the talks approx late April  or early May, no promises though.

WOW. This price is incredible. An absolute steal.
Not to press too much, but any idea how much deskmats will be?
SUPER excited for this. Thanks for the emails and speedy updates :)

Offline elcore9

Re: [IC] ePBT Dreamscape prices revealed :D
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 13:10:54 »
I implore you to consider producing new renders without filters as your current renders are not accurately depicting the true colors of the set.

As it stands, the final product will not resemble the colors shown in your current renders. In the interest of avoiding another TKC/IFK color mismatching debacle, I would recommend attempting to display the colors of your set more accurately

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 13:31:35 »
I implore you to consider producing new renders without filters as your current renders are not accurately depicting the true colours of the set.

As it stands, the final product will not resemble the colours shown in your current renders. In the interest of avoiding another TKC/IFK color mismatching debacle, I would recommend attempting to display the colours of your set more accurately

It does look a bit overly bright. Figured it was for stylistic reasons. I like the renders, but they do not really look realistic. But could you elaborate on the filter aspect? The renders to me just look like they were hit with a floodlight instead of with "natural" or indoors lightning.

Even if you just hold the colour from the pantone table next to the renders, they are completely off (desaturated and lighter).

The renders might look a bit more dreamy that the final product because of it.

I'm still on the fence of going for this for a eWhite Angel. And the renders factor into it. So thanks for bringing this up.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 13:59:57 »
Update 4.6:
Small update, kits got quoted in USD, the specific price per each region will be reavealed later on due to the constant fluctuation in exchange rates. Additionally group buy dates are currently in the talks approx late April  or early May, no promises though.

Pretty standard for EPBT (if anything a little more expensive because of the reverse dye subbing involved). Don't let gmk pricing skew your perception.

Offline SmolCat

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 05:12:19 »
I was just doing a mockup to check I'd have all the keys I need, and I've just noticed that the number legends in the NORDE/UK kit are lower down on the keys than the rest of the numbers in the base kit. So as I'm going to be doing a UK layout, the numbers 2, 3, and 4 look a bit wonky in line with the rest of it, screenshot here of what I mean:   https://i.imgur.com/7tjIFT1.png

Is it too late to have these moved up in line with the rest of the numbers?

Offline Adqam64

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 06:49:46 »
Nice catch SmolCat, it would be great if that could be fixed.  I was going to comment on the inverted legends on the French add-on but it turns out that is the AZERTY standard, which is interesting!

Offline aidanrfraser

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 09:16:35 »
Update 4.6:

Pretty standard for EPBT (if anything a little more expensive because of the reverse dye subbing involved). Don't let gmk pricing skew your perception.

Fair enough, I can't say I have a good standard for how pricey keycap sets are, i'm pretty new to the scene.

Offline MichelKami

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 22:29:49 »
Been waiting on this, and that 3rd deskmat is a given :thumb:

Offline gnldud

« Reply #177 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 10:15:20 »
Am I the only one who couldn't see the prices on the OP?

Offline gnldud

« Reply #178 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 10:19:16 »
Am I the only one who couldn't see the prices on the OP?

OOF FOUND IT!! It wasn't even loading hahaha. WOW This is really a catch price!! <3

Offline bricks

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 23:46:48 »
I'm so excited for this set to release, any hint on collaborations for things like cables or anything yet?

Offline chaoskills08

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 13:24:00 »
So, gotta say again, still hardcore in love with this set. Purely out of curiosity, what are the odds a homerow 1u ctrl could be added to the ortho/40s kit? If not, no issue at all, I can fill it with a novelty. Again, love the set, so dang much. This will be my first Cherry set for sure.

Offline darsincostan

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 02:06:49 »
I am absolutely IN LOVE with this set, so I REALLY don't want to miss the GB window. Is there any expected GB date or a discord that I can join to stay in the loop?

Offline zionstudiosph

• http://www.zionstudios.ph
« Reply #182 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 11:45:20 »
Excited on this one!

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 10:21:14 »
This looks rad and ISO-FR makes it instabuy for me! Would it be too much to ask to consider a Mac OS kit? Anyways keep up the great work!

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 00:34:05 »
I love the pastel colours used! Can't wait to get a set~ And I like that you took inspo from something but made it its own ^^

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #185 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 05:09:03 »
This will be my wifes first keyset and she is excited for it!

Offline Proov

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 09:11:54 »
i have a Apple ISO FR keyboard, basically i'm switching to a custom ANSI Keyboard for keycap set like this one (and some beauties like PBT Notion, Milkshake). I hope you understand the pain to switch from ISO-FR to ANSI-INTL ahahah.

So, i hope this keycap set will be available one day, i'll be the first to buy it :D even if i have to pay 60 USD for shipping ahahah

Offline bukowski

« Reply #187 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 09:46:35 »
I want it - thanks for NorDeUK  :thumb:

Offline Antlers

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 12:56:44 »
Do you happen to have a discord or will be making one?

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 19:28:29 »
Do you happen to have a discord or will be making one?

There's a dreamscape channel at the Discord for Vala Supply

Offline retriyoshi

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 09:46:33 »
Can you put row labellings on the novelties kit? Not too sure about them, thanks!

Offline SmolCat

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 09:55:42 »
Can you put row labellings on the novelties kit? Not too sure about them, thanks!

The row labels are on the pic at kbd fans website :-) https://kbdfans.com/collections/interest-checks/products/ic-epbt-dreamscape
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 April 2021, 10:07:16 by SmolCat »

Offline gnldud

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 23:52:02 »
Will there be an all-white alphas kit?

Offline tessoftheriver

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 02:47:00 »
Has there been any thought around possibly using only single Korean sublegends? The double consonant sublegends are redundant for folks who actually type in Korean...
There has not been any thought in using only single korean sublegends, in fact this is probably the first time I've heard about them being redudent. I apologize as I am not Korean Im not to sure how much they are actually used/utilized on the day to day basis.

i have been trying to learn korean for the past year and cant thank you enough for the double consonants!! it was the reason i didnt pick up GMK Rainy Day because i can never remember which is the double consonant on the O and the P keys.

Offline Cinicle

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 04:12:39 »
This is awesome, following!

Offline yui

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 08:34:25 »
being curious, do anyone have an idea of the current state of ePBT lead times? is it like keyreative 1 year, or GMK close to one year or a more reasonable time-frame? from what i read die sub is faster than double shot but it would be nice to go in knowing a rough estimate.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline gnldud

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 02:45:16 »
Has there been any thought around possibly using only single Korean sublegends? The double consonant sublegends are redundant for folks who actually type in Korean...
There has not been any thought in using only single korean sublegends, in fact this is probably the first time I've heard about them being redudent. I apologize as I am not Korean Im not to sure how much they are actually used/utilized on the day to day basis.

i have been trying to learn korean for the past year and cant thank you enough for the double consonants!! it was the reason i didnt pick up GMK Rainy Day because i can never remember which is the double consonant on the O and the P keys.

I've never actually think the double vowel/consonants are a necessity too tbh, since we just need to press Shift+the corresponding single vowel/consonant (so Shift+ㅈ to make ㅉ, Shift+ㅔ to make ㅖ, etc) so it's not like there's a different key that needs to be memorized. So I agree that with double consonants and single consonant the caps look a little crowded. Personally speaking I would prefer single consonants so it looks cleaner, but that's just preference I guess hahaha.

Offline montpercy

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 21:30:27 »

IMO that seems a bit conterproductive when the appeal of these caps is the gradient?

but, if you wanted white alphas, (that also have a somewhat similar gradient!) why not check out KAT Phantasmagoria? unfortunately the gradient is straight across and not diagonal like this kit.

Offline gnldud

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 23:28:43 »

IMO that seems a bit conterproductive when the appeal of these caps is the gradient?

but, if you wanted white alphas, (that also have a somewhat similar gradient!) why not check out KAT Phantasmagoria? unfortunately the gradient is straight across and not diagonal like this kit.

I guess that's true, yeah hahaha. I was just wondering if there will be since I do think it would be nice have the gradients on the alphas instead of on the keycap colors, but that's just personal preference tbh and after reading about your comments it is redundant and will make the set just like any other set with white alphas instead of being unique as it is.

I just checked KAT Phantasmagoria, I quite like it but not as much as Dreamscape. Though I'll keep an eye on the Hangul alphas for options later on. Thanks for the info!!

Offline kwiizu

« Reply #199 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 06:46:10 »
this set looks so good. can't wait to order this.
 I will buy all the sets xD I need a key that say daebak!