Author Topic: Leopold FC210  (Read 57258 times)

Offline ThoughtArtist

Leopold FC210
« on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 00:10:26 »
The million dollar question:

Will these function as proper numpads?

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
Re: Leopold FC210
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 00:18:24 »

nup

I got mine from Massdrop in November of last year. I'm not sure if they've run another drop for them since. I honestly wouldn't recommend it, it outputs the numbers from the number row rather than the numpad codes which makes it a pain to remap keys without affecting your primary keyboard.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 11:36:11 »

nup

I got mine from Massdrop in November of last year. I'm not sure if they've run another drop for them since. I honestly wouldn't recommend it, it outputs the numbers from the number row rather than the numpad codes which makes it a pain to remap keys without affecting your primary keyboard.

Wha-!? That is not cool...we will certainly look into finding out more info on this.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 01:43:54 »

nup

Wha-!? That is not cool...we will certainly look into finding out more info on this.

I had read on some forum that there was a revision to the product, but there is no clear info that I can find. I was hoping that, by now, all the quirks were fixed. I certainly want one. I have a cool Cherry keypad, but it's a bit large and uses PS/2, so something like the Leopold would be perfect for me as a "daily driver" keypad if it's proper.

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 08:38:25 »

nup

I had read on some forum that there was a revision to the product, but there is no clear info that I can find. I was hoping that, by now, all the quirks were fixed. I certainly want one. I have a cool Cherry keypad, but it's a bit large and uses PS/2, so something like the Leopold would be perfect for me as a "daily driver" keypad if it's proper.

Once they land, I will check one out and give you a heads up

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 09:09:36 »

nup

Just tested them and while they do register as numpad keys on a key test program, they don't allow for the additional character coding which many would like to do. All other keys act the way they should. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Offline Data

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 22:23:22 »

nup

Just tested them and while they do register as numpad keys on a key test program, they don't allow for the additional character coding which many would like to do. All other keys act the way they should. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Mainly because they lack an Alt key and Windows doesn't care to read Alt codes from two separate input devices.  :(

Still, it's nice to hear from a reliable source that they've finally updated the firmware. Did you guys ever hear if the silver version was hitting US retailers, or if it ever went into production?