Author Topic: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Shipping!  (Read 296629 times)

Offline Tyson

Hello!

I’m messaging here as I’m unfortunately late to the party. I was just going to put out that if ANYONE is feeling the crunch or doesn’t want to be a part of this group buy anymore I would gladly take the kits off your hands!

I’m looking for these kits mainly but will accept everything but the localization kit.

Base
Highlight
Error
Command
Minify
Night mode

Your best bet is to wait for extras

Offline Magas

I appreciate the information but I did have some luck doing this with Eternal so I figured I'd take my chances!

I hope that you're staying safe!

Offline solomonshv

Hello!

I’m messaging here as I’m unfortunately late to the party. I was just going to put out that if ANYONE is feeling the crunch or doesn’t want to be a part of this group buy anymore I would gladly take the kits off your hands!

I’m looking for these kits mainly but will accept everything but the localization kit.

Base
Highlight
Error
Command
Minify
Night mode

dailyclack still has the core set available. i think they marked the core up a little, but you can still buy it. https://dailyclack.com/products/gmk-dracc?variant=30267216461866

prices are in AUD. converted to USD, with shipping, it's $180.

daily clack is an AU reseller, but they ship to the US for a very reasonable price. i'm in the US, i'm thinking of buying the kit from them.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 May 2020, 05:54:33 by solomonshv »
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline itsmartin

Yes they marked it up because they are their extra kits.

GB price is available for the GB, pre order price is slightly more and available until it ships, and then in stock price is slightly more again but is immediate availability, if there are any left at that point.

It’s just a different method for selling extras, rather than waiting until the GB ships to everyone they allow you to purchase extras in advance.

I think at one point they had most kits but seems like most are gone.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
patiently waiting

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
patiently waiting

Only six more months of color matching!

Offline LevelSteam

patiently waiting

I'd rather wait for the correct colors than end up with a ****ed up set like gmk necro or solorized dark.

Offline Magas

I'm serious about this:

Hello!

Base
Highlight
Error
Command
Minify
Night mode

Offline wholypantalones

patiently waiting

I'd rather wait for the correct colors than end up with a ****ed up set like gmk necro or solorized dark.

Yeah, nobody wants that even if it takes nine more months of color matching.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)

For what it's worth, there will be extras.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 May 2020, 15:43:00 by _PixelNinja »

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

Aren't extras usually just the base kits though?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Other kits will likely be available, but having base kit out of proportion to the other kits relative to the number ordered is probably fair to say. If I was a vendor I probably wouldn't want to have to be stuck with just child kits...

Offline Nivengoh

Any news on Dracula? We are already on mid May and hope that OP has some new for us by then, its already been 6mths since the GB.
KBD8x | E8-V1 | Xeno 75 | RAMA U80-A

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

Other kits will likely be available, but having base kit out of proportion to the other kits relative to the number ordered is probably fair to say. If I was a vendor I probably wouldn't want to have to be stuck with just child kits...

very normal for extras of child kits to be ordered in smaller quantities

cannot give a definitive answer as i'm not involved, but yeah

Any news on Dracula? We are already on mid May and hope that OP has some new for us by then, its already been 6mths since the GB.

there's a pandemic on and GMK wasn't producing for a bit (afaik) so that probably threw a delay in

i'm sure there will be updates soon
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Color matching for other sets has taken months for one round of it where it used to be much faster pre-Covid. I think it's been two months for GMK crimson cadet. Meanwhile, the new GMK trays have plenty of issues, and GMK shipped sandstorm to Krelbit and left out the child kits and didn't mention it. I'd expect delays at each level of logistics. Generally, I think the time between info from GMK to set designer or vendor and then transmitted to us is under 48hrs. That there's months between updates, not a day or two, is on GMK and asking here isn't gonna get you new info.

Offline LevelSteam

New GMK trays?

Nevermind, just found them myself. Oh well, so long as the caps don't get damaged that's the important part to me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2020, 13:45:45 by LevelSteam »

New GMK trays?

being discussed here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102364.50
relative to many users having keys fall out of the tray during shipping or the tray breaking. Unclear the number it affects, as I assume if you had nothing wrong you probably didn't post a picture of your tray working perfectly...

Offline irad100

Sorry for the ignorance, but I have some questions:
1. What does it mean to wait for extras? Where are they going to be sold?
2. What is the approximate time frame for them to be available? about one month or six months?
3. What should I do if I want to get this set (was not part of the group buy)? Should I just Pre Order the Set from Daily Clack like solomonshv have suggested?

Offline iaman

Sorry for the ignorance, but I have some questions:
1. What does it mean to wait for extras? Where are they going to be sold?
2. What is the approximate time frame for them to be available? about one month or six months?
3. What should I do if I want to get this set (was not part of the group buy)? Should I just Pre Order the Set from Daily Clack like solomonshv have suggested?
1. When the vendors are done fulfilling orders from the group buy phase, they will sell extras that were ordered.
2. Time frame is generally right after fulfillment of GB, so within a month of that.
3. Wait for extras/mechmarket, or if DC is the vendor for your area try through them.

Offline Hell-es

Best is to wait until i got the extra set  :rolleyes: and then put it into the basket

Just stick to this thread and register for your local vendors newsletter

Offline tonyjones

• I like big butts and I cannot lie.
The most amped up set of 2020

Offline wholypantalones

The most amped up set of 2020

Best color matched set of 2021.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
patiently waiting

Haha, GMK seems to be slow now anyway... just need to be patient for a good set to arrive at the door I guess.

Offline treminaor

• KBD67 Kailh BOX Whites | IBM Model M Silver Label
    • Portfolio
Dixie Merch just sent out an update newsletter with no real news for Dracula other than acknowledging the long wait:
GMK Dracula *

In Color Matching Phase

I reached out to GMK asking why these were taking so long and they said they are waiting on two more samples and then they will send them to us.

Offline zian_

Let’s see if we can break a year in color matching

Offline tonyjones

I think GMK has too many in the queues

Offline easy_rider

no news :(

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
Hello people,

I wanted to pop in for an update on the color matching since we’ve been in this phase for an abnormally long time. I post updates every single week on every project on our news page which is linked under my profile pic here on GH on the left. However we’ve been getting a lot of uncertainty from people thinking something is wrong so I want to clear that up.

We have only received two rounds of color samples since October. These samples are only supposed to take 3-4 weeks for each round. They are taking 3-4 months. There is no more of a delay in colors in our end as any other set in the past. GMK Mizu last summer got three rounds of samples in 3 months. So it’s just a backlog at the plastic supplier because they had to completely shut down for covid. We have received all but two of the Round 2 color samples and we will be sending those to Pikku for him to review for us to make the decisions on those colors.

Colors that have been approved:
Blue
Red

Colors that we have received a second round of:
Purple
Yellow
Pink
Mods

Colors we are waiting to receive second round of:
Green
Alphas (were originally approved but we decided to get another round just to be certain they were right)

We will keep you updated on which colors have been approved after Pikku sees them and we discuss.

Best,
Garrett
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2020, 14:00:09 by GarrettSucks »

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
Thanks a lot for the update, even though waiting/having the set delayed that much kinda sucks, I'd much rather wait a bit longer, just so that you guys can get the colours as close to perfect as possible :thumb:
Hello people,

I wanted to pop in for an update on the color matching since we’ve been in this phase for an abnormally long time. I post updates every single week on every project on our news page which is linked under my profile pic here on GH on the left. However we’ve been getting a lot of uncertainty from people thinking something is wrong so I want to clear that up.

We have only received two rounds of color samples since October. These samples are only supposed to take 3-4 weeks for each round. They are taking 3-4 months. There is no more of a delay in colors in our end as any other set in the past. GMK Mizu last summer got three rounds of samples in 3 months. So it’s just a backlog at the plastic supplier because they had to completely shut down for covid. We have received all but two of the Round 2 color samples and we will be sending those to Pikku for him to review for us to make the decisions on those colors.

Blue
Red

Purple
Yellow
Pink
Mods

Green
Alphas (were originally approved but we decided to get another round just to be certain they were right)

We will keep you updated on which colors have been approved after Pikku sees them and we discuss.

Best,
Garrett

Offline Chozo Ghost

Dixie Mech email from July 1st says that the samples have finally been sent to Pikku for approval, yay!

I sincerely hope they didn't skimp on the color-matching phase, seeing as how it was in that phase for like...an obscene amount of months. GMK Terra went through this same song and dance, and its samples have been sent out to its designer now as well.

Two birds, one stone and all that.

Offline CrazyNun

Hello people,

Blue
Red

Purple
Yellow
Pink
Mods

Green

Best,
Garrett

I just ordered a deskmat, any news on them?

Offline Nivengoh

Hello people,

Blue
Red

Purple
Yellow
Pink
Mods

Green

Best,
Garrett

It's been 3 weeks, any update so far???
KBD8x | E8-V1 | Xeno 75 | RAMA U80-A

Offline keyboardkrill

Hello people,

Blue
Red

Purple
Yellow
Pink
Mods

Green

Best,
Garrett

It's been 3 weeks, any update so far???

There was an update on the Dixie website for 7/10;
https://dixiemech.com/news/7-10-2020

Offline Joshimitsu

Anyone in UK got a spare "minify" kit they want to sell on, or trade for ERR/whitespace kits?

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
Anyone in UK got a spare "minify" kit they want to sell on, or trade for ERR/whitespace kits?

This groupbuy hasn't shipped yet so nobody has this set. And selling groupbuy spots is not allowed.

Offline Cloakedbug

Take your time pikku! We all want it 'right', we've waited long enough anyways :).

For the R1 samples, honestly both red/green seem too warm (saturation maybe). The pastels are cohesive with each other really well (and are farther down on the cool spectrum).

Offline bloodparticle

• A through hole keyboard fan!
Hoping for a second round... (T_T)

Offline DukeEsquire

Hoping for a second round... (T_T)

Just buy extras.

Offline BAS1C

Do we know if there will also be extras of the Rama cap? Looking for an Err rama cap, as well as core, highlight, white space, err modules... lol pray 4 extras.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 July 2020, 13:30:17 by BAS1C »

Offline tonyjones

Let's go color matching :)

Offline poodude

Yawn. :-X

Offline leexy

nothing to see here

Offline wonderfulrobot

Re: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — In color matching phase
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 03 August 2020, 14:26:04 »
Best color matched set of 2022

Offline Buster69

« Reply #243 on: Mon, 03 August 2020, 19:21:27 »
Bets on which will come first, Dracula or a vaccine?

All jokes aside, hopefully they will get this set perfect and we will get a real update and ETA soon. Hold fast gentleman.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 12:53:02 »
Bets on which will come first, Dracula or a vaccine?

All jokes aside, hopefully they will get this set perfect and we will get a real update and ETA soon. Hold fast gentleman.

idk... but if i get vaccine first:

WWT Vaccine, WTTF GMK Dracula

Offline Cloakedbug

« Reply #245 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 04:08:36 »
Best color matched set of 2022

They hated him, for he spoke the truth.

Offline WHAT!?

• WHAT!?
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 08:51:09 »
I mean, I knew I would wait... but damn. Did something happen?

(lol)

Offline tonyjones

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 10:39:06 »
That color matching life it's real out here.

Offline geistmate

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 10:36:31 »
Damn I should have grabbed a minify set. Hopefully it's not impossible to get extras, when they ever come out.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 11:33:14 »
Damn I should have grabbed a minify set. Hopefully it's not impossible to get extras, when they ever come out.

Not when, but if.