Author Topic: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Shipping!  (Read 296647 times)

Offline Fnzzy

Re: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — In color matching phase
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 12:02:33 »
Do the deskmats rely on colour matching? I only ordered those and I wonder when those ship.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #251 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 12:56:06 »
Do the deskmats rely on colour matching? I only ordered those and I wonder when those ship.
US Deskmats have started shipping. I'm getting my Dracula Deskmat delivered tommorrow from Dixie  :thumb:

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #252 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 20:40:21 »
Crazy that deskmats and Rama artisans have shipped and production hasn't even started yet.

Offline McDonutz

« Reply #253 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 05:43:57 »
Wait, have the Rama caps shipped already? I hope not, because I haven't received anything yet!

Offline peterg

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 06:02:28 »
I wonder what is taking so long. All the other GMK sets have no issues right?

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 06:25:36 »
Ordered this set in October last year, going to celebrate the 1st year anniversary soon.

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 07:00:43 »
I wonder what is taking so long. All the other GMK sets have no issues right?

I won't pretend to know, but if it's a color matching issue then I'm OK to wait.  I'm happy with my 8008 set but I could be a lot happier.

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #257 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 07:17:47 »
Don't you guys worry, the color matching process is well under way and we are doing everything we possibly can to get the colors just right. The current samples are being measured for accuracy by a third party right now. 

The amount of custom colors surely has an effect on how long the color matching takes, but the actual biggest delay has been caused on GMK's end, and likely the factory supplying them plastic due to COVID-19, or so I've heard. Keep in mind I got my hands on round 2 samples only at the beginning of last month (8th of July to be precise). It took them around 4 months to get us R1 samples, and another 3 months for the R2 samples :/

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 09:05:55 »
Don't you guys worry, the color matching process is well under way and we are doing everything we possibly can to get the colors just right. The current samples are being measured for accuracy by a third party right now. 

The amount of custom colors surely has an effect on how long the color matching takes, but the actual biggest delay has been caused on GMK's end, and likely the factory supplying them plastic due to COVID-19, or so I've heard. Keep in mind I got my hands on round 2 samples only at the beginning of last month (8th of July to be precise). It took them around 4 months to get us R1 samples, and another 3 months for the R2 samples :/

Thanks for the update. I appreciate your dedication to getting the colors just right.

Can you specify to GMK to double or triple check the QC on the spacebars? Almost every set that's come post-covid has had bent spacebars, and at this rate I'm really to just start buying pbt and saving half my cash...

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 15:27:01 »
Wait, have the Rama caps shipped already? I hope not, because I haven't received anything yet!

Yep

« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2020, 15:28:44 by DuellM »

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 15:58:11 »

Yep
Show Image

Show Image

I guess people that ordered through the local vendors will get their rama caps together with the set.

Offline Araset

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 11:54:02 »
Man I wish for an R2 of this. I hope I'll be lucky enough to get extras when they finally deliver, that's one of the coolest sets I have seen, no doubt.

Offline wolfez4444

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 12:20:57 »
Man I wish for an R2 of this. I hope I'll be lucky enough to get extras when they finally deliver, that's one of the coolest sets I have seen, no doubt.
Same it looks really good!

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #263 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 12:55:54 »

They haven't even completed color sampling yet for R1...Wishing for an R2 is kinda silly right now.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 14:51:14 »
Oh damn, WTB Rama ERR! Cap...

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 16:19:05 »
Should have gone in for the yellow esc keycap..

Offline itsmartin

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 19:20:32 »
Not buying the Err! Rama was a mistake.

Looks great.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #267 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 00:52:08 »
Just dropped by to check whatsup. I'd rather wait to get the colors right. and whatsup with the bent spacebars? I've only seen the first love one. has there been other gmk sets with the same issue?

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #268 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 03:54:04 »
Just dropped by to check whatsup. I'd rather wait to get the colors right. and whatsup with the bent spacebars? I've only seen the first love one. has there been other gmk sets with the same issue?

Not to defend GMK, as I think they should absolutely try and fix the ongoing issues and define clear and fair specifications, but contrary to what many people seem to believe, they are nothing new.

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 06:26:01 »

Not to defend GMK, as I think they should absolutely try and fix the ongoing issues and define clear and fair specifications, but contrary to what many people seem to believe, they are nothing new.
let's put it in another way - gmk has been ignoring the quality control problem as long as people are not voicing out their opinions

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #270 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 07:00:40 »
let's put it in another way - gmk has been ignoring the quality control problem as long as people are not voicing out their opinions

The thing is, the imperfections on their keysets haven't been considered as issues until recent times. For some reason there is this belief that GMK sets used to be perfect (I've been in this hobby since 2011 — they have never been). That being said, end users and vendors should definitely be vocal towards GMK about fixing keycaps with defects (e.g. significantly warped spacebars that effectively interfere with stabilizers, injection issues, messed up legends etc.)
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 August 2020, 07:03:47 by _PixelNinja »

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #271 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 07:55:37 »

The thing is, the imperfections on their keysets haven't been considered as issues until recent times. For some reason there is this belief that GMK sets used to be perfect (I've been in this hobby since 2011 — they have never been). That being said, end users and vendors should definitely be vocal towards GMK about fixing keycaps with defects (e.g. significantly warped spacebars that effectively interfere with stabilizers, injection issues, messed up legends etc.)

I haven’t been in the hobby as long as you and I’ve experienced some gmk issues but it was more because the caps were sent in bags so they were badly scratched (gmk hf r2) but this is the first time I’ve heard of warping. I always thought gmk to be the gold standard.

Offline leexy

« Reply #272 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 10:29:18 »

I haven’t been in the hobby as long as you and I’ve experienced some gmk issues but it was more because the caps were sent in bags so they were badly scratched (gmk hf r2) but this is the first time I’ve heard of warping. I always thought gmk to be the gold standard.

what do you mean "sent in bags"?

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #273 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 11:35:35 »
Well this cant get more recent than today. I guess no new news since "in color matching phase" 6 months ago. This was my first GMK GB in probably 2 years. Things have not gotten better. I would've hoped GMK would have streamlined the process or opened another factory. I guess the hobby hasn't grown as big as I thought. Oh well, you cannot rush a thing. I prefer quality and price....which means fast is not an option

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #274 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 17:51:21 »

what do you mean "sent in bags"?

GMK caps used to be shipped in bags and were damaged so they implemented the whole plastic trays to minimize shipping issues.

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 14:50:21 »

I always thought gmk to be the gold standard.

This is mostly something I see parroted on /r/mechanicalkeyboards rather than on GH. Like people will get super defensive of GMK on /r/MK

Offline poodude

« Reply #276 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 23:59:37 »
For what it's worth, i recently got GMK phosphorous and the spacebars were not warped. It's also something you can pretty easily fix with a hair drier if you do have a warped bar as others have mentioned before. ABS as a thermoplastic, shrinks as it cools. The molds are designed with this shrinkage in mind. Removing abs before its cooled causes it to warp and is most apparent on thin or long objects. i 3D print quite a bit and won't touch abs because of that issue. As far as injection molding goes I would guess removing them from the mold before completely cooled raises the possibility of warping issues.

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #277 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 05:25:07 »
For what it's worth, i recently got GMK phosphorous and the spacebars were not warped. It's also something you can pretty easily fix with a hair drier if you do have a warped bar as others have mentioned before. ABS as a thermoplastic, shrinks as it cools. The molds are designed with this shrinkage in mind. Removing abs before its cooled causes it to warp and is most apparent on thin or long objects. i 3D print quite a bit and won't touch abs because of that issue. As far as injection molding goes I would guess removing them from the mold before completely cooled raises the possibility of warping issues.
Doesn't this method only work for PBT?

Offline ossetepo

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 19:11:32 »

There's no particular reason that heating and reforming wouldn't work with ABS, but it does have a significantly higher glass transition temperature than PBT (~100 C vs ~60 C).  I'd probably use a hot water bath rather than a hair dryer, but none of my recent spacebars are warped enough to bother.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 03:20:05 »

There's no particular reason that heating and reforming wouldn't work with ABS, but it does have a significantly higher glass transition temperature than PBT (~100 C vs ~60 C).  I'd probably use a hot water bath rather than a hair dryer, but none of my recent spacebars are warped enough to bother.

Problem with ABS is that it becomes super shiny and usually warps even more when it gets hot.
Trying to fix bent spacebars usually just makes it worse.

Offline Domantas

« Reply #280 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 07:02:39 »
I also think that gmk is just rushing making keycaps. And not for us consumers to get it faster but because there is too many gbs. They should just make longer queue for gbs and be more chill and have better qc

Offline Wickles

« Reply #281 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 14:17:04 »
I also think that gmk is just rushing making keycaps. And not for us consumers to get it faster but because there is too many gbs. They should just make longer queue for gbs and be more chill and have better qc

Yeah but more money.  :)) They are a business after all.

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 10:56:44 »
still waitin on R3 samples?   I see this set every day when I check my Route app on my phone.   :thumb:

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #283 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 17:50:01 »
still waitin on R3 samples?   I see this set every day when I check my Route app on my phone.   :thumb:

Yes, we are waiting to receive R3 samples at this point.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 21:57:01 »

Yes, we are waiting to receive R3 samples at this point.

Can't wait!

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 14:47:53 »
How did I miss out on this? Oh yeah. Endless house renovations & a homelabbing.

You know what color scheme we need to see? Nord <3 though I'm sure it's been done before.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 15:05:09 »

You know what color scheme we need to see? Nord <3 though I'm sure it's been done before.
Nord ran just about ~3 month ago

Atm is Monokai Material from Oblotzky

Also sad i missed this one, but i hope for extras

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 15:08:15 »

Nord ran just about ~3 month ago

Atm is Monokai Material from Oblotzky

Also sad i missed this one, but i hope for extras

I checked it out, but from skimming it, it would appear it never went through? I'm a moron though. Don't listen to me.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline WetRacoon

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 16:21:10 »
The year is 2099.  At the dawn of a new century, God-Emperor Cyborg Trump has led Amerikkka through the fire of war against the sino-russo alliance of the rapidly forming far eastern Pangaean sub-continent.  Atmospheric fires rage around the equator, driving mutants to the haven of the Arctic Circle nations as the threat of annihilation looms over the species.  Newly emerged viruses, far flung mutations of the ancient SARS-Cov-2 variant, have ruined the human genome, giving rise to existential questions about the species ultimate fate.

Probes placed at the edge of the solar system send back data suggesting the presence of advanced life forms preparing to launch an invasion of Holy Terra, with fractured warring only worsening the probability of complete subjugation at the hands of these galactic overlords.

As poverty, disease, and war ravage the vast swathes of the planet, the rich find solace in deep underground hibernation chambers, hoping that their errant genetic modification testing will allow them to awaken as more than just a post-human sludge.

GMK Dracula has finished color matching.  At the turn of the century, there is only misery.

Offline Cloakedbug

« Reply #289 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 00:46:20 »
@WetRacoon Omg I am dying.

Not of laughter, but of existential pain.

Offline tonyjones

• I like big butts and I cannot lie.
« Reply #290 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 02:05:10 »
It'll be worth it guys don't you worry. Best set of 2020 - 2025.

Offline Pylon

« Reply #291 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 11:32:19 »
1 year anniversary of GB start tomorrow lol.

Offline cuongcan2020

« Reply #292 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 12:39:33 »
Congrats on 1 year anniversary  :thumb:

Offline dexie

« Reply #293 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 14:15:10 »
Can't believe it's now more than one year since I got into this GB. Few years ago I would laugh at signature plastics delaying sets and having lead time of 8 months. Now this GB is at least at 13 months, and I am like "4 months more will do I guess"
ISO Life

Offline peterg

« Reply #294 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 06:08:34 »
Looking forward to the 2nd year anniversary!  ;D

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
Re: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — In color matching phase, waiting for R2 samples
« Reply #295 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 06:35:19 »
The most amped up set of 2020

Best color matched set of 2021.

Almost there.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #296 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 07:03:42 »
At this point, you might as well open up 'R2'... sell a bunch of kits and just add it to your first order since production still hasn't started... 

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #297 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 08:47:12 »
At this point, you might as well open up 'R2'... sell a bunch of kits and just add it to your first order since production still hasn't started...
+1

Offline kiandelmundo

« Reply #298 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 09:30:32 »

this might be the play

Offline SE7EN_ate_NINE

« Reply #299 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 12:26:01 »

That would be the GIANT brain move right there. No sense leaving money on the table and letting flippers make it in the aftermarket when you can just increase the order quantity since nothing has actually been produced yet. I'd be shocked if GMK said "no, we don't want more orders and more money from you for something that hasn't started production yet". Everyone complains about flippers, out of stock everything and unfair extras sales, this is one of the few cases were that can be handled as a silver lining to the long delay.