Author Topic: [GB] Lynx L50 - a premium 50% keyboard  (Read 75746 times)

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

Re: [GB] Lynx L50 - a premium 50% keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 16:35:01 »
The real question is are there going to be any boards at all.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2021, 14:46:05 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 17 January 2021, 12:30:18 »
Group buy runner was last logged in here on 11 Jan 2021, so there is no reason for him not to provide an update, He still lurks frequently.

Offline nug

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 18:11:19 »
Any updates?

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 08:35:45 »
Updates are few and far between... but the last update was made through discord. More delays on PCBs, it seems.

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2021, 14:12:24 by Visionaire »

Offline kw88

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 15:20:36 »
hello everyone, update time!

today our dear friend wixxzblu made an update - budget for L50 is gone :thumb:
budget is gone, yet production of full product is not finished and overall things do not look good at all
want to know more? go to discord, but be gentle, wix is very sensitive and will ban you for questions he do not want to answer or find inapropriate

after that, I asked questions that were not raised in the latest times or there was no certain answers from previous statements from GB runner
keep in mind, there are zero official updates for almost half a year and today's update was made after three days of pings
only updates are stuff like "this will arrive next week" with no confirmation that it really has arrived
I know what groupbuy is and how it works, I know about delays, I know about things that sometimes can not be controlled, this is not my first groupbuy
but when GB runner can not provide any updates and reluctant to talk about his product - such behavior raise some concerns and questions

after I sent message below, I was banned from server :thumb:
with this ban it is very clear - wixxzblu, as a GB runner, can not make honest answers on these questions

@Draic#4086  channel did not turn toxic, we are just being objective + there is lack of updates
negative updates are updates too, but we do not receive them either
yesterday it was pointed out, that wix make announcements about L60 and L80 , but straight up ignores L50, this is not ok

the last update about L50 was on 30sept 2020
since then all updates were about "some parts arriving later" and there is no indication that something arrived later

1 - @wixxzblu, screws
where they are? can you show us or say something?
if they are slightly packed, could you please unpack and show us them in action
problem with screws is ok, but kinda uhhh, is it that difficult to source screws?
2 - @wixxzblu, cases
where they are? can you show us photos of ALL done cases?
in January you said you will provide photos of something and provide nothing
when people asked about cases and colors you pointed to your streams (lmao)
in the end, do you have cases or not?
3 - @wixxzblu, plates
this keyboard should contain plates, but I do not remember state of said plates were mentioned even once
are they done? are they delayed? are they in shipping void? photos?
4 - @wixxzblu, PCBs
what was the reason to change pcbs and pcb designer if V1.0 pcbs were fine?
like, what

look, one maker was procrastinating for a long time, then he got it together and boom: https://i.imgur.com/1d7U0Mm.jpg
can you show us something like this? no? why? it is only fifty something cases, not one thousand of them

at this moment I assume you should have everything but pcbs, am I right?
show us something, at this point I do not believe you have anything related to this keyboard

your "warning for people that keep being negative" is ridiculous
you do not provide anything, ignore people
and when people started to doubt you, you came up with "why, I will ban you, do not say bad things"
nice

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 15:46:37 »
hello everyone, update time!

today our dear friend wixxzblu made an update - budget for L50 is gone :thumb:
budget is gone, yet production of full product is not finished and overall things do not look good at all
want to know more? go to discord, but be gentle, wix is very sensitive and will ban you for questions he do not want to answer or find inapropriate

after that, I asked questions that were not raised in the latest times or there was no certain answers from previous statements from GB runner
keep in mind, there are zero official updates for almost half a year and today's update was made after three days of pings
only updates are stuff like "this will arrive next week" with no confirmation that it really has arrived
I know what groupbuy is and how it works, I know about delays, I know about things that sometimes can not be controlled, this is not my first groupbuy
but when GB runner can not provide any updates and reluctant to talk about his product - such behavior raise some concerns and questions

after I sent message below, I was banned from server :thumb:
with this ban it is very clear - wixxzblu, as a GB runner, can not make honest answers on these questions

@Draic#4086  channel did not turn toxic, we are just being objective + there is lack of updates
negative updates are updates too, but we do not receive them either
yesterday it was pointed out, that wix make announcements about L60 and L80 , but straight up ignores L50, this is not ok

the last update about L50 was on 30sept 2020
since then all updates were about "some parts arriving later" and there is no indication that something arrived later

1 - @wixxzblu, screws
where they are? can you show us or say something?
if they are slightly packed, could you please unpack and show us them in action
problem with screws is ok, but kinda uhhh, is it that difficult to source screws?
2 - @wixxzblu, cases
where they are? can you show us photos of ALL done cases?
in January you said you will provide photos of something and provide nothing
when people asked about cases and colors you pointed to your streams (lmao)
in the end, do you have cases or not?
3 - @wixxzblu, plates
this keyboard should contain plates, but I do not remember state of said plates were mentioned even once
are they done? are they delayed? are they in shipping void? photos?
4 - @wixxzblu, PCBs
what was the reason to change pcbs and pcb designer if V1.0 pcbs were fine?
like, what

look, one maker was procrastinating for a long time, then he got it together and boom: https://i.imgur.com/1d7U0Mm.jpg
can you show us something like this? no? why? it is only fifty something cases, not one thousand of them

at this moment I assume you should have everything but pcbs, am I right?
show us something, at this point I do not believe you have anything related to this keyboard

your "warning for people that keep being negative" is ridiculous
you do not provide anything, ignore people
and when people started to doubt you, you came up with "why, I will ban you, do not say bad things"
nice
Wanna know the real bull****? Runners are supposed to post updates HERE in GH: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88717.msg2625442#msg2625442

Looks like we have another Tesletron lol

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 13:44:09 »
I generally have had good conversations with Wixx in the past... I can say that after I posted the last update here, I called him out a bit on a smaller discord for this behavior. He acknowledged that things weren't going as planned, that he was frustrated himself and that there wasn't much to communicate.

I was one of the first people excited about the L50 when the original IC was posted and yet, due to some of his comings and goings ended up not joining the buy. Frankly, I wasn't confident in being in his first run. So keep in mind: my money is not in this buy, but I keep close tabs on it because I think it's a cool project.

Here's my concerns:

1. He's not making regular updates, of any kind.
2. The updates he's making are done on Discord (not here), and only when other people hound him for it
3. It's still unclear with those updates what exactly is happening. They're vague and generally short.
4. Alongside the L50 (his first keyboard GB run), he still ran some "FE" editions of two other keyboards at the same time (L60, L80). Those keyboards are being sent out now, while the original GB here is kinda left without sufficient communication.

Did he run away with the money? I don't think so.
Will people actually see their boards at some point? Probably.

But, as much as I like the look of this (and other boards) he's designed... I likely won't join a buy of his, even though we've been friendly in the past. I've been in quite a few GBs, large and small and I can say for sure that the greatest value a runner can provide is regular updates and communications with those in the buy (Juaninamilli is the gold standard!). Wixx is actively participating in this hobby (other discords, etc), but does not keep the sort of lines of communication in this thread or even his own Discord server that would instill confidence in his customers. Despite running an active GB here on GH, his last post here was a year ago this week.

I realize there are often long periods of dark time for the runner, but that doesn't mean it has to extend to the GB participants.

Here's the last update he put on his Discord:

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2021, 13:58:20 by Visionaire »

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 14:02:50 »
His Discord chat previous to his response, for reference.

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 05:44:23 »
Fun fact: no one has ever seen that "tons of boxes": there were like 3 L50 tops of different colours that we had to hunt down through watching streams. No plates were detected and only one brass bottom for L50 has been seen so far. That L50 tops might have been protos for what I know. 
I do remember though that RGB pcb upgrade was whopping 85 bucks standalone and 45 if original PCB was substituted in favor of RGB one. Looks like at that moment there was neither PCB made: we were upgrading from "nothing" to "nothing with RGB". And now there's collection of funds to send out L60 and L80 boards, commission ones I guess. Has anyone seen them as well? I didn't, not in the L60 channel at least. One could assume that as long as L50 budget is gone additional funds requests in form of "PCB upgrades" and "commission boards shipping" are not used for what they were collected.
I'm extremely bitter for that GB cause I was foolish enough to send the OP some SMK RC switches with plates and keycaps free of charge (shipping too) to see the L80 build with them and kinda promote SMK, make them more popular, cause at that moment I was quite enthusiastic about them. Almost half a year later there's nothing. Judging by OP's reddit activity somewhat a month ago, he's completely out of mkbs and deep into PC gaming. One could wonder where all that fancy hardware did come from.
There's no clear info: no info on what's wrong with PCB (it's been cursed from the IC stage, but hell, one could ask some professional in community to design PCB at this stage) except "something with USB-C placement". Is it so hard to engineer and make it right? I guess not: in local community midschool guys are designing their PCBs in two months from the ground up with no previous experience. I have a local community proto of case for prime_e on hands that's been made right in terms of fitting PCB from the first attempt.
There're no pictures of ready cases or boxes at least: another GB runner that has issues with sending ready boards due to lockdown has made video and pictures of the boards on first request. If you have it, all you should do is just take your damn smartphone and make a picture of all that boxes.
There's zero transparency in general.

So here are the questions and requests I'd like to ask:
1. What the hell is with PCB? The full history from the beginning, please: what was wrong with v1, what is wrong with "failed" new version that has to be reordered? What is with RGB version? Why the funds are over: did you each time order a full amount of soldered PCBs without prototyping and all of them failed on arrival and now you can decorate that little house of yours with them inside and outside? What is the current status: is it confirmed to be working? if yes, are they ordered? if yes, are they shipped? I remember someone to ask a tracking from you: was it provided?
2. What's with cases and screws? Can you make a picture of that supposed "tons of boxes" and cases? Same with screws.
3. What's with the plates? Didn't see any of them so far, proof pictures would be nice.

Basically, that's the same questions as kw88 asked, but nonetheless. It looks like the only way to get answer is asking them again and again en masse.

« Last Edit: Sat, 27 February 2021, 08:01:05 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 11:03:10 »
our money is long gone. its unfortunate the paypal dispute window is so short in these kinds of buys. getting banned for questioning the lack of information is a joke.

at this point, even if he somehow magically materializes all parts i wouldn't even want to pay him an extra 40 dollars or whatever it is to ship it to me.

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 15:45:05 »
our money is long gone. its unfortunate the paypal dispute window is so short in these kinds of buys. getting banned for questioning the lack of information is a joke.

at this point, even if he somehow magically materializes all parts i wouldn't even want to pay him an extra 40 dollars or whatever it is to ship it to me.

Yeah, looks like so.

What's even better is that on L60 channel no one got tracking numbers for the boards that were reported to be sent out a damn week ago (and paid for 11 days ago).

Again, zero f*cks given by GB runner there.

Offline victorpre

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 14:32:49 »
Not exactly about the L50... I have joined the group buy of L50 and also another group buy of the runner, the L60 which was mentioned before in this thread.
I have received today my package containing the L60. So yes, boards are being delivered. L50 is delayed but I belive that it will eventually come.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 01:43:03 »
Great to hear that the l60 is shipping!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Tyson

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 11:53:32 »
Just checked the discord, people are starting to receive their L80s. I have tracking for mine, so keep holding on, it seems like he is shipping things out. I'm sure the L50s will be shipped out soon if everything for them is ready.

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 16:09:15 »
The problem is that we don't know if anything is ready. As far as we can guess, 3rd version of L50 PCB is in development by Gondo, no protos were reported so far as well as no estimate is provided.

We're like mushrooms in terms of surrounding we're kept in and the kind of stuff we're fed with.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 16:26:07 »
The problem is that we don't know if anything is ready. As far as we can guess, 3rd version of L50 PCB is in development by Gondo, no protos were reported so far as well as no estimate is provided.

We're like mushrooms in terms of surrounding we're kept in and the kind of stuff we're fed with.

I was asked by wixx not to say anything here, but since I was directly cited, here goes.  This PCB I'm designing underwent three revisions and I'm to deliver him the files this weekend; I was victim of an accident recently and I'm still having trouble sleeping and walking, let alone working for 14 hours daily like I used to.

Then again, wixx asked me not to say anything so this will be all I have to say for now until he allows me to publicize the state of the PCB. I'm doing my best and he is too.

As far as delays or deliver I am not entitled to assert anything as I'm only the PCB guy.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 March 2021, 16:28:24 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline kw88

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 14:44:39 »
I have received today my package containing the L60

pics or never happened

by the way, any uptades?

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 15:55:35 »
I have received today my package containing the L60

pics or never happened

by the way, any uptades?

There were some on discord.
Oh, wait....
Anyway, can confirm that at least one L60 has reached it's destination.

No, no updates anywhere.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 11:49:25 »

I was asked by wixx not to say anything here, but since I was directly cited, here goes.  This PCB I'm designing underwent three revisions and I'm to deliver him the files this weekend; I was victim of an accident recently and I'm still having trouble sleeping and walking, let alone working for 14 hours daily like I used to.

Then again, wixx asked me not to say anything so this will be all I have to say for now until he allows me to publicize the state of the PCB. I'm doing my best and he is too.

As far as delays or deliver I am not entitled to assert anything as I'm only the PCB guy.
I'm sorry about the accident, and hope things get better.

That being said, there consumers who paid good amounts of money that are being held on the line here. We don't expect extreme divulgence of personal information, but some level of professionalism, including informing people on this forum IS expected.

I'm doing my best and he is too.

No, he is not. If he is, his 'best' is piss poor. If there are delays, whatever, but people who have taken part in this groupbuy deserve updates. Things happen, but groupbuy participants shouldn't have to be fed **** and kept in the dark. They also shouldn't have to sleuth for themselves.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 17:43:15 »
I received my Lynx60 (not the Lynx50) from wixxblu today.

So, I have faith Lynx50 is just delayed, not abandoned.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 18:58:17 »

I'm sorry about the accident, and hope things get better.

That being said, there consumers who paid good amounts of money that are being held on the line here. We don't expect extreme divulgence of personal information, but some level of professionalism, including informing people on this forum IS expected.

I'm doing my best and he is too.

No, he is not. If he is, his 'best' is piss poor. If there are delays, whatever, but people who have taken part in this groupbuy deserve updates. Things happen, but groupbuy participants shouldn't have to be fed **** and kept in the dark. They also shouldn't have to sleuth for themselves.

I 100% get your frustration and I just made a statement because I was cited nominally. I want to keep myself from stating anything about Wixx, as I am not involved in the case design or logistics. I hope you understand that I am not here to judge nor defend anyone, just myself.
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 20:34:25 »
Thanks Gondo. Your presence on this project is good to see.  You have always done great work.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline vitriol_drinker

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 09:34:31 »
So apparently, scamming and then banning people from his discord is a thing now...

Offline densus designs

• * St. Jude Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 05:53:27 »
Looks Good!

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 07:29:14 »
Looks Good!

No, it looks awful.
The whole GB stinks now.

Offline kw88

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 15:12:24 »
ayy wixx any updates  :cool:

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 16:00:08 »

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 22:37:33 »
N E AVAIL

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 15:54:16 »
Well, apparently got banned after trying to get back to server.
One day I use the link to join it and request membership for all keyboard projects and several days after can't see the Lynx server in the list, can't get access again via different links as well.
And according to my sources, the role request is no more.

I get it as a confirmation that all GB participants are ****ed and all that L60 and L80 were just proto leftovers.

First Lyra, then Lynx... Seems like a pattern to me.

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 16:25:13 »
Well, apparently got banned after trying to get back to server.
One day I use the link to join it and request membership for all keyboard projects and several days after can't see the Lynx server in the list, can't get access again via different links as well.
And according to my sources, the role request is no more.

I get it as a confirmation that all GB participants are ****ed and all that L60 and L80 were just proto leftovers.

First Lyra, then Lynx... Seems like a pattern to me.
Just move on with your life already.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 16:39:01 »
I've moved on long ago and big time.
It's that I just hate liars and the state of uncertainty.
I'm fairly certain this GB is a lost cause, so yeah, moving on.

Offline nug

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 16:39:16 »
Latest update

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 16:40:33 »
You clearly haven't moved on if you're still here complaining.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 16:51:08 »
You clearly haven't moved on if you're still here complaining.

Well, Freud, thank you for your input, but keep it to yourself please.

It's not complaining, it's informing.

Offline noglory19

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 13:20:30 »
I cannot find the discord anymore, but I still have hope and this is an amazing looking keyboard.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 13:29:21 »
I cannot find the discord anymore, but I still have hope and this is an amazing looking keyboard.

I think this should work for 7 days:
https://discord.gg/5FtgVrK4

Offline victorpre

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 14:03:16 »
Given the circumstances maybe you can buy someone's spot? Idk if the runner would allow it but maybe worth checking if you are interested in it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline kidpid

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 14:34:14 »
Given the circumstances maybe you can buy someone's spot? Idk if the runner would allow it but maybe worth checking if you are interested in it.

As someone with a slot I cannot recommend buying a slot lol.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 14:38:31 »

As someone with a slot I cannot recommend buying a slot lol.
LMAO

Offline UnicornCables

• Unicorn Cables
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 19:08:09 »
Dope photos  :cool:

Offline kw88

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 13:17:37 »
ayy wixx any updates   ;)
been waiting since february  :thumb:

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 17:39:27 »
ayy wixx any updates   ;)
been waiting since february  :thumb:

Lol, no.
Although he has visited GH 3 days ago.

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 00:47:54 »
Maybe if you're never shipping boards at least give the proto to one person that paid.

Or release the files.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 12:42:48 »
Ok guys, so I felt like an update for the PCBs was needed here.

Wixx hired me to design two PCBs: one featuring per-key RGB and another one non-RGB. The problem I am facing is basically MCU supply; the designs themselves are ready and done. The fabs and suppliers I work with are simply out of all the MCU variants we can use for QMK; some stock is expected in a couple weeks, but not of the MCU variant (F072) the current designs have, meaning that I will need some not-so-large-yet-not-small redesign of the PCBs to make them compatible with the microcontrollers expected to be stocked.

There is a fine line here between what I can promise and what I cannot. I can promise that, given an ok from the fab (as in, we have X variant in the hundreds available for use) I can re-design the PCB in a week or so and we can go on to prototyping. I cannot guarantee however when this will be, as all stocking timelines are through the roof right now. This situation has been going on for the past ~6 months, hence the lack of updates -- I am sorry for that. The matter of fact is, I cannot design a PCB that can't be manufactured. It's as simple as that.

There seems to be an inflow of a certain variety of MCUs (F411) coming, and I have already contacted the fab/supplier to confirm. I will keep you guys updated.

As always, I will take any questions.

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 10:59:32 »
The only question I have is why it's Gondo updating the GH thread and not the GB runner.
Oh, not the only one: after PCBs will be done, will it be to any avail? I mean, last news were that there is no money left from the GB and there's no PCBs. This one is completely rhetorical though.

Offline growler

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 10:08:06 »
Christ! I was upset I missed this at the time. Looks like I dodged a bullet....

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 10:55:31 »
Christ! I was upset I missed this at the time. Looks like I dodged a bullet....

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
Yeah... none of us are getting this board lol

Offline tobiasvl

• ISO 9995
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 14:54:27 »
This is probably bad form, but this IC looks interesting: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113410.0 (it also supports an ISO key, something I felt was missing from the L50)

Anyway, anyone want to buy my L50 pre-order? Lol
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 July 2021, 15:01:51 by tobiasvl »

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 17:15:27 »
This is probably bad form, but this IC looks interesting: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113410.0 (it also supports an ISO key, something I felt was missing from the L50)

Anyway, anyone want to buy my L50 pre-order? Lol

Thanks for that link.

I'd sell you mine, you could save on shipping and take both yourself, it's quite near to you!

Offline vitriol_drinker

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 07:10:21 »
It's been 617 days since i paid for this keyboard, and still no news  :))