Author Topic: [GB] 7V - 75% Keyboard by gok (COMPLETED)  (Read 385790 times)

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

Re: [GB] 7V - 75% Keyboard by gok
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 20:34:14 »
Nathan's grey unit looked much lighter in color than the grey in the pictures in the main post.

Does anyone have any reference colors?

I noticed that too, I’m wondering which grey is the accurate one.

Would be great to get confirmation before the GB ends, I actually am leaning towards the grey if it’s closer to what I saw on Nathan’s stream.

I suspect the darker grey is the accurate one since the GMK Oblivion keys look pretty accurate.

Nathan probably has harsh/bright lights in his room for streaming.

Weird, this didn't include my reply for some reason.

It would be good to know the actual color before the GB ends.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 May 2020, 21:44:52 by r4bbl3d4bbl3 »

Offline belerian

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 21:06:22 »
Does anyone know how the sound profile of the flex pc plate would compare to the regular pc plate?

Offline Narcolepsy

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 21:20:42 »
Does anyone know how the sound profile of the flex pc plate would compare to the regular pc plate?

ApiaryKeyboards used a regular pc plate and Taehatypes used a flex pc plate I believe. You can check out their streams to get an idea.

Also I just got in for an E-White with PVD logo and weight. Would have gotten a black one as well if the board didn't cost me and arm and a leg.

Offline itsmartin

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 21:38:43 »
i bought two boards and some spare parts. is there a form i'm supposed to fill out? i thought i saw a google spread sheet that i'm supposed to fill. or maybe i crazy and was looking at a different GB

Mykeyboard.eu? There is a link in the product description for colour.

Otherwise if another vendor, the product pages have colours when you buy.

Offline batmanwcm

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 21:45:30 »
Nathan seems to really like this board.  Too bad none of the builders used the aluminum plate.  I wanted to hear how it sounded.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 22:04:11 »
Eh **** it I guess, I got the grey, who knows what it will actually look like.

Offline FoxFire007

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 23:03:14 »
Pulled the cord and got the grey with an extra pcb, flex plate, and aluminum plate.

Really wanted to get a white one as well but there are many upcoming keyboard kits that I want to get when they hit GB as well. So I held back a bit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

Re: [GB] 7V - 75% Keyboard by gok (ORDERS CLOSED)
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 23:07:02 »
Alright gok, how many thousands did you sell?

;)

Offline FoxFire007

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 23:10:36 »

;)
Let me know if you want me to make it 1001. Still regretting not getting a white as well.

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #209 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 23:11:52 »
I pulled the trigger at the last minute. The demo builds just looked and sounded so great.

I went for E-White with an extra plate and PCB.

gokdidanicejob :)

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 23:12:29 »
The grey seen in Nathan's stream and my photos with Oblivion are exactly the same. It was an overcast day when I took those photos.

Offline bolaber

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 23:13:31 »

;)
Let me know if you want me to make it 1001. Still regretting not getting a white as well.

Or 1002 so I can order a black on top of my e-white. I had it in the shopping cart up until the last minute.

Offline dallman5

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 23:14:03 »
Snuck my order in at the very last second, super excited for this!!
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline FoxFire007

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 23:17:39 »
Snuck my order in at the very last second, super excited for this!!
Same. I was so worried I wasn't going to make it.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 23:19:52 »
It’s still live on Novelkeys.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 23:52:10 »
NK's stream got me to pull the trigger last minute  :p

Offline batmanwcm

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 00:03:17 »
I'm sure Nathan's stream got a lot of stragglers to commit.  Congrats Gok, the streamers really seem to like your keyboard.  Any chance you can release some numbers now that the GB ended?

Offline SLPNick

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 01:02:02 »
Been looking at for 7v for weeks and pulled the trigger last minute, ended up buying the dark blue with alu plate, an extra pcb and extra polycarb plate, and PVD weight and logo.  I've never built a custom keyboard before, wish me luck lol

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #218 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 02:51:48 »
Still live and tempting me to get a black one now...

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 07:24:21 »
In for a white,

Any chance to see the % of colors chosen?

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #220 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 07:41:15 »
Judging by the hype, and the amount of people buying multiple kits, I wouldn't be surprised if this sold over 500.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 07:45:43 »
Judging by the hype, and the amount of people buying multiple kits, I wouldn't be surprised if this sold over 500.

I’d say it’s in the thousands.

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #222 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 09:07:29 »
I would be very interested to know the number of purchases between 3pm EST and 11:59 EST on May5. Not gonna happen but just a bit of trivia I'd be interested in.

The Apiary stream actually turned me off from buying one; however, Taeha's stream was the exact opposite and I ended up pulling the trigger. Not once, but twice. /shrug

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #223 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 10:39:07 »
I would be very interested to know the number of purchases between 3pm EST and 11:59 EST on May5. Not gonna happen but just a bit of trivia I'd be interested in.

The Apiary stream actually turned me off from buying one; however, Taeha's stream was the exact opposite and I ended up pulling the trigger. Not once, but twice. /shrug

I'm most interested in seeing this number as well!

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #224 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 10:40:34 »
Not sure gok or individual vendors would even disclose that info, but I’d be curious too.

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 10:43:02 »

Interesting, what did you see in the Apiary stream that turned you off? I thought it was even more positive that Teaha's.

Offline yeahitschris

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 22:19:54 »
Ending up getting E-white w/ aluminum as well as extra pcb & polycarb.  ;D

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 21:36:34 »
Thanks for everyone joining this GB! We are super excited to place the order and start production on these boards.

One thing to note for my customers - we do NOT allow the selling or transferring of GB spots.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #228 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 22:38:24 »
Thanks for everyone joining this GB! We are super excited to place the order and start production on these boards.

One thing to note for my customers - we do NOT allow the selling or transferring of GB spots.

Any chance of getting numbers or percentages of options chose? I’m curious as to how non-unique my choice was.  ;D

Offline steveshing

« Reply #229 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 22:49:43 »
I order ;D

7V Extras - Polycarbonate Plate
7V Extras - PCB
7V Extras - PVD Weight
7V Keyboard GB - Black / Polycarbonate
7V Extras - PVD Logo

Once you go black .... Hell Yeah
This is my first custom keyboard, cant wait  :D

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 23:03:05 »
I order ;D

7V Extras - Polycarbonate Plate
7V Extras - PCB
7V Extras - PVD Weight
7V Keyboard GB - Black / Polycarbonate
7V Extras - PVD Logo

Once you go black .... Hell Yeah
This is my first custom keyboard, cant wait  :D

I really wanted to go all murdered out like that but in the end decided on the grey, it looked so nice on Taeha Types stream.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 23:16:07 »

Any chance of getting numbers or percentages of options chose? I’m curious as to how non-unique my choice was.  ;D
I won't be giving out numbers sold but the rough breakdown is 40% white, 25% blue, 20% black, and 15% grey.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 23:19:11 »
I won't be giving out numbers sold but the rough breakdown is 40% white, 25% blue, 20% black, and 15% grey.

:thumb:

Offline dallman5

« Reply #233 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 00:05:42 »

I'm pretty surprised the grey proportion is that small, I'm used to seeing it be the most in demand.  Perhaps it's because the sample was fairly late to arrive. Congrats on the smashing success so far, here's to hoping the rest of the GB goes smoothly  :thumb:
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #234 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 00:09:28 »

I'm pretty surprised the grey proportion is that small, I'm used to seeing it be the most in demand.  Perhaps it's because the sample was fairly late to arrive. Congrats on the smashing success so far, here's to hoping the rest of the GB goes smoothly  :thumb:
I think you are right. When GB first opened, there weren't any proto photos of the grey and people only had one render to go off unless they trawled through the IC.
White being the most popular colour wasn't a surprise though.

Offline chowbabyloving

« Reply #235 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 00:14:33 »

I think you are right. When GB first opened, there weren't any proto photos of the grey and people only had one render to go off unless they trawled through the IC.
White being the most popular colour wasn't a surprise though.

Yeah, easy to predict white being popular when it's the same base price and most other group buys make white more expensive.

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #236 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 00:37:30 »

i wanted a grey KB, but not this particular grey. i'm surprised it sold as well as it did. i expected maybe 5% grey, from people going for some specific theme and/or trying to match some caps. also, this grey doesn't look good with either the steel or the PVD weight. e-white looks good with the PVD weight, blue looks good with the steel. black always looks good with whatever. i got white and blue. i thought about getting a PVD weight but in the end it was just too much money spent already.
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 00:38:44 »

i wanted a grey KB, but not this particular grey. i'm surprised it sold as well as it did. i expected maybe 5% grey, from people going for some specific theme and/or trying to match some caps. also, this grey doesn't look good with either the steel or the PVD weight. e-white looks good with the PVD weight, blue looks good with the steel. black always looks good with whatever. i got white and blue. i thought about getting a PVD weight but in the end it was just too much money spent already.

Oh man, I thought the grey board looked great on Taeha Type's stream.

Offline SLPNick

« Reply #238 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 01:22:17 »

I thought the blue looks good with SS weight as well, but I got the PVD weight and logo just for durability coz the SS would get smudges and scratched up over time.

Oh man, I thought the grey board looked great on Taeha Type's stream.

It does, if the blue wasn't an option I would've gone with the grey, but the blue is more unique and I wasn't going to buy 2 so I had to let it go.

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #239 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 07:06:47 »
Yeah, hard disagree on the grey assessment.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 10:12:11 »
I also was originally going to buy black w/ PVD but the grey with VoC looked sick on stream.

Offline kakiharaOne

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 10:35:30 »
I really wanted the brass but for a couple hundred more, I could have another board so opted for white and black.

I can just spray paint the stainless steel black for like $5. Problem solved. ;P

Offline IronCheeks

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 11:26:34 »

I was already on the GB when I saw these two streams. I feel like both of them just made me happy that I hopped on.

Offline bolaber

« Reply #243 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 16:24:14 »
does anyone know what is the plug in on the keyboard?

Offline yeahitschris

« Reply #244 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 16:25:40 »
does anyone know what is the plug in on the keyboard?

USB-C

Offline bolaber

« Reply #245 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 16:30:33 »

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #246 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 16:21:42 »
Just saw the build vid of TaehaTypes. Sweeeeet.

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #247 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 19:18:55 »

Interesting, what did you see in the Apiary stream that turned you off? I thought it was even more positive that Teaha's.

Yea I was gonna say this as well. It sounded way better in her stream to me. I was already getting one, but her's convinced me way more.

Offline IronCheeks

« Reply #248 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 21:01:05 »

Yea I was gonna say this as well. It sounded way better in her stream to me. I was already getting one, but her's convinced me way more.

Ditto. It sounded like heaven in Apiary's build. Like silent thock ninja steps in the night.

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #249 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 03:55:41 »
I really wanted the brass but for a couple hundred more, I could have another board so opted for white and black.

I can just spray paint the stainless steel black for like $5. Problem solved. ;P

ditto. 2 boards, white and blue. i'll leave the blue as is since blue looks better with the steel weight. white is getting a matte black paint job. i had my 2013 mercedes C63 painted in matte black, the shop did an amazing job. let's hope i can get them to paint this weight, lol.
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga