Author Topic: [GB] 7V - 75% Keyboard by gok (COMPLETED)  (Read 385767 times)

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Re: [GB] 7V - 75% Keyboard by gok (SHIPPED TO REGIONAL VENDORS)
« Reply #450 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 13:52:10 »
All parts received! We will start shipping these out this week. These will go out in batches most likely based on color. We should be able to get them all shipped out by the end of next week. Please be patient with this process!
I'm ready to get the L!

Offline Clyde1

« Reply #451 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 14:02:25 »
Wish I could get one from extras

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #452 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 14:15:55 »
excited for my ewhite <3

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #453 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 08:40:51 »
Okay the first batches that are going out are for single keyboard orders with no add-ons.

E-White Poly
E-White Aluminum
Blue Poly
Blue Aluminum

These are being packed now, and will be picked tomorrow. Tomorrow we will package all remaining single keyboard orders with no add-ons. Those will be picked up on Monday.
From there we will just be doing random batches. We should be able to have all of these shipped out by Friday, May 7.

No idea when we will post extras.

Offline PallyP

« Reply #454 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 17:47:17 »
Okay the first batches that are going out are for single keyboard orders with no add-ons.

Making me regret ordering that extra PCB  :-X

Offline MikeNasty3

« Reply #455 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 18:11:25 »

Making me regret ordering that extra PCB  :-X

No, it will be worth it if your PCB dies some day or you want to rebuild! I guess I can wait another week for my grey with extra PCB and PC plate!  :D

Offline Kyuuri117

« Reply #456 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 15:58:45 »
So just received my ewhite 7v and its beautiful, but unfortunately the extra plate and pcb i ordered did not come in my package...

I have already contacted NovelKeys about this, but im a little concerned because i see the extras have already all sold out. Will there be any PCB's/plates set aside for orders that were messed up?

Offline Cyber-chair

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 16:03:30 »
So just received my ewhite 7v and its beautiful, but unfortunately the extra plate and pcb i ordered did not come in my package...

I have already contacted NovelKeys about this, but im a little concerned because i see the extras have already all sold out. Will there be any PCB's/plates set aside for orders that were messed up?
The extras being sold out is probably a fossil from when the group buy when live. They have not opened extras up for sale yet. Distributors typically wait until all orders have been received by customers in order to remedy the problems like the one you have.

Offline UGunaLOSE

« Reply #458 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 16:05:04 »

The extras being sold out is probably a fossil from when the group buy when live. They have not opened extras up for sale yet. Distributors typically wait until all orders have been received by customers in order to remedy the problems like the one you have.

This! Extras have not been put out, as all orders have not been shipped yet. NK should be able to take care of you and get you what you need. It will be after all orders have been received that extras will go out.

Offline pool

« Reply #459 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 17:33:23 »
Any ideas how many extras will be available?

I mean I'll still get the L.. but hey. One man can hope.

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #460 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 22:57:26 »

i feel like there should be a ton of extras on r/mm because a lot of people were buying 2, 3 or even 4 of these at a time. i bought 3, every color except black. already have too many black keebs. i will pick 1 and sell the others and the extra accessories. i saw a lot of people buy extras. so there should be a lot of these going around and prices, in theory, shouldn't be so bad since there are so many of them. also, the covid crowd is exiting the hobby. that should help with the prices.
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline pool

« Reply #461 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 23:10:59 »

i feel like there should be a ton of extras on r/mm because a lot of people were buying 2, 3 or even 4 of these at a time. i bought 3, every color except black. already have too many black keebs. i will pick 1 and sell the others and the extra accessories. i saw a lot of people buy extras. so there should be a lot of these going around and prices, in theory, shouldn't be so bad since there are so many of them. also, the covid crowd is exiting the hobby. that should help with the prices.

I don't mean aftermarket extras kekw, I mean vendor extras. /r/mm are already going for stupid high prices from flippers

But if you're willing to part with an e-white one, hmu
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 May 2021, 23:15:47 by pool »

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #462 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 01:38:21 »
GOK absolutely hit a home run with this thing

Poor quality phone pic:
267722-0

Offline UGunaLOSE

« Reply #463 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 07:13:56 »
GOK absolutely hit a home run with this thing

Poor quality phone pic:
(Attachment Link)

Say what you want, looks great! Hope you enjoy it!

« Reply #464 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 13:30:30 »

I take one off your hands if you're just trying to make your money back  :D

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #465 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 17:14:14 »
I don't mean aftermarket extras kekw, I mean vendor extras. /r/mm are already going for stupid high prices from flippers

But if you're willing to part with an e-white one, hmu

i want to actually get them in hand before i commit to anything. but i still think that once novelkey ships out all the order, r/mm will get flooded with these. price should become reasonable. definitely not GB prices, but probably close.
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

Offline tsolin01

« Reply #466 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 18:10:31 »
i want to actually get them in hand before i commit to anything. but i still think that once novelkey ships out all the order, r/mm will get flooded with these. price should become reasonable. definitely not GB prices, but probably close.

r/MM is already flooded with them. I count like 10 up for sale in the last couple of days.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #467 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 18:11:29 »

r/MM is already flooded with them. I count like 10 up for sale in the last couple of days.
Yesterday they were being sold for $1500

Today looks like they're dropping to around $1000 ish.

Hopefully by next week it'll be at a reasonable price

Offline MikeNasty3

« Reply #468 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:33:32 »
Just saw a an unboxing stream of the 7v on Twitch (mechmerlin). He noticed the plate foam was no way near lining up with the plate, and seemed to be the wrong size completely. Someone in chat mentioned two of his friends had this problem too. I'm still waiting on mine from NK. Has anyone else seen this? Are they all like this?

Offline itsmartin

« Reply #469 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 23:57:48 »
Are they all like this?

Mine arrived today - I just checked and compared to his unboxing; my foam looked the same as his and then I put a couple of switches on and it all lines up.
It stretches just a little to cover the entire plate.

Non-issue.

Offline MikeNasty3

« Reply #470 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 00:03:44 »
Are they all like this?

Mine arrived today - I just checked and compared to his unboxing; my foam looked the same as his and then I put a couple of switches on and it all lines up.
It stretches just a little to cover the entire plate.

Non-issue.

Good to know!! Thanks for checking that!

Offline killuchen

« Reply #471 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:23:35 »
Received tracking for my black 7V + extras this morning! Sooo excited!

Offline MikeNasty3

« Reply #472 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 10:48:04 »

Same here, but for my grey w/ extras! Can't wait.

Now for me to figure out what configuration I want to go with. I have lubed/filmed Alpacas. Will I use my aluminum, polycarb, or FR4 plate I ordered in a separate groupbuy? I have an extra PCB coming too! I have some C3 Olivia stabs to go with my caps, but I also have some Alpaca themed Durock stabs. Decisions, decisions... What is everyone else going with for theirs?
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 May 2021, 11:14:17 by MikeNasty3 »

Offline grimis

« Reply #473 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 11:15:24 »

Same here, but for my grey w/ extras! Can't wait.

Now for me to figure out what configuration I want to go with. I have lubed/filmed Alpacas. Will I use my aluminum, polycarb, or FR4 plate I ordered in a separate groupbuy? I have an extra PCB coming too! I have some C3 Olivia stabs to go with my caps, but I also have some Alpaca themed Durock stabs. Decisions, decisions... What is everyone else going with for theirs?

I'm using Blueberries with 70g TX long springs and polycarb flex plate.

Offline Miyano

« Reply #474 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 11:46:33 »
According to MechMerlin there’s no ESD protection. Should I be worried as I often get static charge in my house?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #475 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 14:01:07 »
According to MechMerlin there’s no ESD protection. Should I be worried as I often get static charge in my house?
If you haven't had issues with ESD with other previous keyboards, chances are you won't have issues here either.
To put the lack of ESD protection issue into context, Wilba has designed PCBs for RAMA and Keycult so there a tons of boards out there in the wild and it hasn't been an issue.

In saying that, I believe he has since switched to the C3 version for the daughterboard for his newer designs.

Offline Miyano

« Reply #476 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 15:31:30 »
If you haven't had issues with ESD with other previous keyboards, chances are you won't have issues here either.

Well, I often 'zap' the lights off of my NK65 aluminum by simply touching the case. Unplugging/plugging the cable usually fix it. I've no idea if the NK65 has ESD protection though...

Anyway, my order includes a spare PCB so I should be covered.

Thanks for the reply Gok. You've designed a wonderful keyboard.

Offline siggerzz

« Reply #477 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 08:15:49 »
To add to Gok's comment, the quality of Wilba PCB's are insane. Had no problems with my RAMA M60-A, and sure the 7V will be no different.

Received my e-white 7V this morning. Fantastic job to all involved. I can't wait to build it!

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #478 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 21:40:59 »

if you are worried about ESD that much, just wear latex/nitrile/vinyl gloves when building the board. problem solved. as mentioned above, wilba made this PCB and his stuff is top notch. i built about a dozen keyboard with his PCBs in the past and it's never been a problem.

Offline Miyano

« Reply #479 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 23:37:13 »
if you are worried about ESD that much, just wear latex/nitrile/vinyl gloves when building the board. problem solved. as mentioned above, wilba made this PCB and his stuff is top notch. i built about a dozen keyboard with his PCBs in the past and it's never been a problem.

I'm not concerned about static charges when building the board but when using it. Sorry if I sounded like I was not confident in Wilba's abilities to design great PCBs. I am.

I'm just a guy who waited a year for it's first keyboard, who seems to attract static charges like Nicholas Tesla and takes a shock every time he touch things that remotely looks like metal, and don't want to end up with a 5 pounds paperweight.

It looks like it's a non issue, so thanks guys for reassuring me.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #480 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 06:40:50 »
These are all shipped out on NovelKeys' side of things.

There is currently no timeframe for extras. I want to make sure all orders are received and look good before we list extras. We will announce it through our newsletter once we are ready.

Offline belerian

« Reply #481 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 15:07:27 »
Just got the 7v! For the "contact pad" step, should the glossy or matte side be facing up?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #482 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 15:36:00 »
Just got the 7v! For the "contact pad" step, should the glossy or matte side be facing up?
It makes no difference but for deskeys films in switches, I tend to have glossy side down for no good reason.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #483 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 21:34:47 »
Can someone please explain the purpose of the contact pad? I feel like I’m the only person who doesn’t get it.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #484 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 15:42:04 »
Can someone please explain the purpose of the contact pad? I feel like I’m the only person who doesn’t get it.

The case is metal. The weight is metal. Metal on metal noise, even minor ones, is usually not very pleasant. Contact Pad provides compression and a shim between case metal and weight metal to dampen said unpleasant noise, thereby improving overall acoustics of the board.

Offline Clyde1

« Reply #485 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 16:14:38 »
The Nk page was saying GB completed. I hope extras are coming soon

Offline keyit

« Reply #486 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 16:24:11 »
Literally 5 posts up they said they have no timeframe
boop

Offline grimis

« Reply #487 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 09:22:56 »
Just got mine in. Looks beautiful. I'm curious though, someone said on the last page that the last piece NK_ was waiting for was case foam and I don't seem to have any. Just the plate foam for between to plate and PCB. Did anyone else get any?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #488 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 11:08:32 »
Just got mine in. Looks beautiful. I'm curious though, someone said on the last page that the last piece NK_ was waiting for was case foam and I don't seem to have any. Just the plate foam for between to plate and PCB. Did anyone else get any?

Its not foam, it was the contact pad.

Offline grimis

« Reply #489 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 11:24:45 »
Oh my mistake. Thanks for the clarification.

Offline Auracity

« Reply #490 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 12:18:23 »
I get that people are excited about extras, but people really need to be patient. Imo you need to give like a month after sending everything out to be sure there isn't any issues.

Offline rookybomb

« Reply #491 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 16:42:27 »
This board turned out really nice

Offline MikeNasty3

« Reply #492 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 16:44:40 »
Got my grey 7V today! It is beautiful!

It was missing the extra PCB I ordered though :(, so I had to put in a ticket on Novelkeys website. It wont prevent me from building this weekend though!

Offline killuchen

« Reply #493 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 17:42:33 »
Received my black 7v today :) can't wait to build it! Black weight + black logo is going to be 🔥

Offline Thailurr

« Reply #494 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 17:47:18 »
I just received mine today! Anyone else having issues with missing diodes on the PCB? I was testing the main PCB and found one that was missing and I couldn’t find any in the bag, and same on my backup PCB. Haven’t seen anyone else post having this problem so hoping it’s just a coincidence for me but wanted to check. Also I have already sent in a support request for it hopefully they come soon. It’s such a beautiful board!
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 May 2021, 17:54:36 by Thailurr »

Offline stevenjii

« Reply #495 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 22:44:53 »
Got mine a few days ago. The packaging wasn’t very good. Novelkeys put all the extras into the main 7V box, which doesn’t close all the way. It was put into a slightly larger cardboard box with a single layer of bubble wrap. :(

I had an extra pcb and aluminum plate. One of the pcbs is super bowed, not sure if it was because of the packaging. Did anyone else have an issue with packaging?

Offline Wicky

« Reply #496 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 00:58:43 »
Got mine a few days ago. The packaging wasn’t very good. Novelkeys put all the extras into the main 7V box, which doesn’t close all the way. It was put into a slightly larger cardboard box with a single layer of bubble wrap. :(

I had an extra pcb and aluminum plate. One of the pcbs is super bowed, not sure if it was because of the packaging. Did anyone else have an issue with packaging?

Yep that's how mine was packaged. Like they made no room for extras in the 7v box and just stuffed it on top. I also didn't get bubble wrap to stop the 7v box from sliding around, it was just the 7v box in the larger shipped cardboard box. One corner of the top half of the 7v box was basically cut open. Luckily none of the contents were damaged though. Sorry about your pcb, could be annoying if you're trying to build it plateless.
Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline damsenviet

« Reply #497 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 01:23:38 »
I ordered with 2 pcb extras and not enough care was put into the packaging. Box did not close all the way and all 3 pcbs included ended up being bowed. I'll still be building regardless but am definitely a bit miffed.

Durock V2 stabs are wider than standard stabilizers and are a VERY tight fit with the aluminum plate for me like they catch onto the plate and add friction. Am probably gonna run with C3 stabilizers here.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 May 2021, 01:51:09 by damsenviet »

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #498 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 05:25:18 »
I ordered with 2 pcb extras and not enough care was put into the packaging. Box did not close all the way and all 3 pcbs included ended up being bowed. I'll still be building regardless but am definitely a bit miffed.

Durock V2 stabs are wider than standard stabilizers and are a VERY tight fit with the aluminum plate for me like they catch onto the plate and add friction. Am probably gonna run with C3 stabilizers here.

same problem. all the extra PCBs and plates were stuffed into one of the two 7V boxes that clearly did not have enough space for them. to add insult to injury, the shipping box was too small and did not actually close. spent $1100 on this GB and waited over a year just to get bent parts. all they had to do was ask for a few more dollars to cover the extra cost of shipping and boxes, i would have paid.

Offline ossetepo

« Reply #499 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 09:30:56 »

same problem. all the extra PCBs and plates were stuffed into one of the two 7V boxes that clearly did not have enough space for them. to add insult to injury, the shipping box was too small and did not actually close. spent $1100 on this GB and waited over a year just to get bent parts. all they had to do was ask for a few more dollars to cover the extra cost of shipping and boxes, i would have paid.

Same thing here.  I ordered the board, two extra PCBs and one extra plate from NK, and all were stuffed into the 7V box, which wasn't even close to being closed.  To make things worse, the 7V box was free-floating inside the shipping box.  Since the daughterboard was packed in the ESD bag with the PCB, now all of the PCBs are bowed around the location of the daughterboard, which is where the pressure from the box was being placed on them.  I don't see any missing diodes or other damage through the ESD bags, but I will be testing the PCBs tonight.