Author Topic: [GB] Sagittarius optimized ergo  (Read 81298 times)

Offline gnho

Re: [GB] Sagittarius optimized ergo
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 19:33:51 »
I got one from prototypist!!! I'm so happy about this.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 12:50:38 »
The waiting game.

Offline cong314159

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 13:06:16 »
Don't hate me but this board looks like a pair of gramma underwear.

Offline SirKhamenman

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 13:37:39 »

But..but.. granma underwear is comfy..

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 14:54:05 »

I hate you.
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 09:43:42 »
Guys, DailyClack has recently opened up to international buyers and some units are still up: https://dailyclack.com/collections/group-buys/products/sagittarius-keyboard-kit
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline peachie

• keycap enthusiast, dreams of designing
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 10:20:13 »
Guys, DailyClack has recently opened up to international buyers and some units are still up: https://dailyclack.com/collections/group-buys/products/sagittarius-keyboard-kit

omg yes, this!!

I noticed this on my own the other day while browsing Daily Clack's group buy section (they often have keysets available long after they've sold out in my own USA proxies), and it was so exciting bc I was sure I'd missed out on the chance to get in on this board. Just placed my order last night, after a long debate over whether to order navy or e-white (navy wins haha).

Before I ordered it said '7 units remaining', and as of checking right before posting this there are still 5 awesome Sagittarius keyboards remaining up for grabs-- don't miss out like I almost did guys!!

as an aside, I've been following development of this board since IC phase, when I was a mere geekhack lurker, and I just remember being so moved by the story of how this board came to be, OP-- I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for never giving up on this project, and for all the good you're going to do with it.
People like you give me hope for true friendship and good people in this world-- plus, keyboards backed by science... I will be following  any future projects of yours for sure ; u ;
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 November 2020, 10:21:48 by peachie »

Foxlab Key65       TMO50          MOJO60

Offline peachie

• keycap enthusiast, dreams of designing
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 10:35:39 »
on a less serious note, I'm curious what colors the rest of you ordered!!

I decided after a long struggle on Navy/Silver, myself.

Now I am now on a quest for a relatively smooth, matte finish silver/aluminum rotary encoder knob (similar to this one. but without an allen key hole), which has proven difficult considering a lot of these 6mm knobs are for electric guitars, so the keyholes are desirable for finite control reasons...

Foxlab Key65       TMO50          MOJO60

Offline gnho

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 10:44:24 »
as an aside, I've been following development of this board since IC phase, when I was a mere geekhack lurker, and I just remember being so moved by the story of how this board came to be, OP-- I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for never giving up on this project, and for all the good you're going to do with it.
People like you give me hope for true friendship and good people in this world-- plus, keyboards backed by science... I will be following  any future projects of yours for sure ; u ;

I just want to echo this sentiment. It is one of the most innovative, substantive design I have seen.

I would admit that I like the original case better but the look is really not what this board is about.

Great work, Gondo! Many people appreciate your contribution to the community!

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 14:47:43 »
Sweet didn't know there were still some actually up, snagged a grey/lilac for a Taro R2 board, 3 left now. 

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 21:09:24 »

omg yes, this!!

I noticed this on my own the other day while browsing Daily Clack's group buy section (they often have keysets available long after they've sold out in my own USA proxies), and it was so exciting bc I was sure I'd missed out on the chance to get in on this board. Just placed my order last night, after a long debate over whether to order navy or e-white (navy wins haha).

Before I ordered it said '7 units remaining', and as of checking right before posting this there are still 5 awesome Sagittarius keyboards remaining up for grabs-- don't miss out like I almost did guys!!

I just want to echo this sentiment. It is one of the most innovative, substantive design I have seen.

I would admit that I like the original case better but the look is really not what this board is about.

Great work, Gondo! Many people appreciate your contribution to the community!

In a general sense, between the hellscape my life has become and the hundreds of DMs I get a day, gettting these kinds of messages is truly revigorating. I had lunch with Tom's family today and showed them these messages. Just want to also echo this feeling that your good messages don't go unnoticed and they do have an impact. Thank you guys so much.

Offline SirKhamenman

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 16:18:48 »
Is there a discord to discuss about Sagittarius? Is it possible to change the color of my order?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 16:56:12 »
Is there a discord to discuss about Sagittarius? Is it possible to change the color of my order?

You can discuss about it in the CannonKeys discord server. As for the change, please send a ticket to CK support (email I believe)

Sorry I can't give links, on mobile

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 17:46:46 »

You will have to contact your vendor for color change. I believe CannonKeys had a big disclaimer saying that they will not do color changes.

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 23:16:41 »
Got the black / red  :thumb:

Offline KeebOnMe

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 00:02:37 »
Appreciate everyone's hard work, I was able to snag the navy and silver version. Can't wait to build it!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 02:49:24 »
I missed this GB like an idiot.  Can I ask if there will be any extras and also what the Discord channel for this is?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline war40ck

• Sadge
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 14:11:00 »
I missed this GB like an idiot.  Can I ask if there will be any extras and also what the Discord channel for this is?

Cannonkeys does not have dedicated channel but IlumKB has it.
Tell me why...

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 04:56:53 »

I could not find it on their site?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline yuejia

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 01:35:04 »
It’s really Nice!! That is so beautiful!!

Offline war40ck

• Sadge
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 20:50:23 »

I could not find it on their site?

Ilumkb discord: https://discord.gg/52kkJ28
Tell me why...

Offline Mistah

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 10:53:05 »
Can we have the case dimensions? Looking into getting a carrying bag. Is it TKL sized, or generally larger?

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 11:22:06 »
Can we have the case dimensions? Looking into getting a carrying bag. Is it TKL sized, or generally larger?

The kit contains a carrying bag.

Offline Mistah

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 12:45:46 »

Hahah well thanks a ton! Saved me a poorly fitting bag and some money... I need to read the GB description more closely next time I buy something it seems.

Edit: removed Tapatalk message
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 January 2021, 16:46:30 by Mistah »

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 08:18:05 »

Hahah well thanks a ton! Saved me a poorly fitting bag and some money... I need to read the GB description more closely next time I buy something it seems.

Phew that was close

Offline Mistah

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 14:07:06 »

Phew that was close
Haha yes it was! Thanks for including it! :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline kidpid

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 09:30:50 »
Hey Gondo, did you happen to have half plate files? I ask because you designed the PCB with flex cuts, and I think a half plate would go great with them. I'd be interested in getting a half plate made before the board arrives.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 10:14:20 »
Hey Gondo, did you happen to have half plate files? I ask because you designed the PCB with flex cuts, and I think a half plate would go great with them. I'd be interested in getting a half plate made before the board arrives.

To be honest no I didn't think of a half plate -- you can make one if you'd like. Which reminds me I should open-source the plate files.

Offline kidpid

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 10:20:35 »
To be honest no I didn't think of a half plate -- you can make one if you'd like. Which reminds me I should open-source the plate files.

Guess I'll have to learn how to use some sort of CAD software lol. Appreciate the open source files.

Offline yukitoki

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 10:51:28 »

Guess I'll have to learn how to use some sort of CAD software lol. Appreciate the open source files.

what material half plate are you looking to get made o.O

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 11:07:41 »

Let me see if I can make the half-plate files in my stream today

Offline kidpid

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 15:03:24 »
Let me see if I can make the half-plate files in my stream today

That would be amazing!

Offline war40ck

• Sadge
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 16:00:41 »
Gondo, was curious if you want to run wrist rest fitting saggi in the future?
Tell me why...

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 18:36:36 »
Gondo, was curious if you want to run wrist rest fitting saggi in the future?

That would be better answered by Upas, as he designed the case and the geometries are quite complicated. If he wants to design one I am all for it, but you really should ask in the CannonKeys Discord server.

Offline Hi !!

• Kiimari
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 00:53:12 »
Hi Gondo, Where I can find Sagittarius's plate file?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 12:38:15 »

Offline kidpid

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 23:04:41 »
Ah, right, the plate files reminded me about the half plate! I wasn't able to check out the stream live, but I did check the VOD while it was still available on Twitch. There was a point in the VOD (that I can't reference anymore, RIP) where you did a test placement, and it looked like the edge alphas on the left side didn't quite clear the plate. It could also be that I'm not quite familiar with the footprints. Regardless, I really appreciate you taking the time to work on that! Will you be adding the half plate file to the repo as well?

Offline war40ck

• Sadge
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 20:41:48 »
any updates?
Tell me why...

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 21:20:50 »
any updates?

Not that I'm aware of -- the CK discord should be the best place to ask!

Offline Mistah

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 12:44:47 »
Hey Gondo, do you know how much space there is between PCB and case normally? Would these fit longer mill-max sockets?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
I
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 12:49:47 »
Hey Gondo, do you know how much space there is between PCB and case normally? Would these fit longer mill-max sockets?

To be honest I cant remember. The PCB supports Millmax sockets, but the case clearance is not clear in my mind. Shoot Upas some message on the CK Discord and he should be able to help

Offline Damage

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 21:57:02 »
any updates?

Just checked the CK Discord. The only update says “manufacturing.” Their website status is the same and hasn’t been updated since last year. The Discord rules say asking for updates “will result in a perma-ban from hobby,” which seems like a lot and would get interesting when they tried to take my keyboards. :)

Anyhow, we’re about six months in with zero updates. Seems like something more substantial would be customary soon. Thanks for listening!

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 11:26:29 »
any updates?

Just checked the CK Discord. The only update says “manufacturing.” Their website status is the same and hasn’t been updated since last year. The Discord rules say asking for updates “will result in a perma-ban from hobby,” which seems like a lot and would get interesting when they tried to take my keyboards. :)

Anyhow, we’re about six months in with zero updates. Seems like something more substantial would be customary soon. Thanks for listening!

I am so very sorry, but I am not the best person to ask as I am not involved with production and distribution and I know about those as much as you do. I think it would be reasonable to ask Anna or Upas about some small update since as youve said it has been quite some time; however, CK tends to be very, very good with their updates and promptly respond so if no updates are up means that the boards are still in production probably.

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 20:14:07 »
Gondo - what encoder will work for the Sag?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 02:18:16 »
Gondo - what encoder will work for the Sag?

EC11E from ALPS will do

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 12:01:25 »
I just wanted to ask if anyone would like to sell me their Sagittarius?  I made a mistake when I missed out on this and would like to buy if possible.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 12:53:16 »

There ya go

https://github.com/AcheronProject/SagittariusPlates

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm looking at options for getting a plate cut and plugging in the SVGs at this link, and I'm not sure what I should put for the dimensions (height, width, and thickness). Is this information available anywhere?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 15:56:37 »

There ya go

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm looking at options for getting a plate cut and plugging in the SVGs at this link, and I'm not sure what I should put for the dimensions (height, width, and thickness). Is this information available anywhere?

You should be able to get all of that from the SVGs using a vector software (like Inkscape)

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 11:51:19 »

There ya go

You should be able to get all of that from the SVGs using a vector software (like Inkscape)

Thanks! I found it now (also if I just open the svg in a text editor it's written right there!) Still not sure about the thickness (1.5mm?), and struggling a little to figure out the "total path length" that some services like laserboost ask for, but I can probably figure that out.

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 04 October 2021, 08:56:13 »
Sorry to ping this thread again about the same topic. I figured out most of the dimensions I need for the plate, but there is one left: the plate thickness. Other brass plates I have are 1.5mm, so I'm guessing that might be right, but I don't know how much room there is for error in a gasket mounted system and I don't want to order something and later find it doesn't fit! The other options I'm given (by laser boost) are 1.2mm or 3mm (which I assume is way too thick). Sendcutsend offers 1.6mm, which I'd hope is close enough to 1.5mm as to be equivalent.

I could, of course, wait for my sagittarius to arrive and measure the thickness of the plate, but if you could let me know the thickness of the one that comes with the sagittarius ahead of time it would allow me to get everything together ready for when the keyboard itself arrives :-)

Thanks for the help, sorry to have to keep banging on about the plate!