Author Topic: [GB] SA Ramses | Colour samples approved! 7/2022  (Read 35116 times)

Offline atlanticise

[GB] SA Ramses | Colour samples approved! 7/2022
« on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 12:19:19 »

Welcome to the groupbuy for SA Ramses, a keycap set inspired by Ancient Egypt and the Nile.

GROUP BUY DETAILS

Dates
GB: April 16 - May 14, 2021
Estimated time of delivery: Q2/Q3 2022

Vendors & Pricing
NA: Omnitype -
More

CA: Ashkeebs -
More

Europe: MyKeyboard -
More

Australia: Daily Clack -
More

Asia: zFrontier -
More

SEA: monokei -
More

Technical Specifications
Manufacturer: Signature Plastics
Material: Doubleshot ABS

KITS

ALPHAS (NILE)

ALPHAS (SAND)

MODIFIERS (NILE)

MODIFIERS (SAND)

NOVELTIES

NUMPAD

BARS

ISO

40S EXTENSION

ORTHO

DESKMATS

DAY

NIGHT

COLLABORATIONS
THOK Keycap - $59
I'm happy to announce that I will be working with THOK to produce a brass artisan keycap for SA Ramses. The keycap will be in SA R1 profile, and it is a matte PVD brass with a purple colourshift resin infill. You may order together with the kits for most vendors - USA customers will have to purchase directly from THOK.

THOK Brass Knob - $55
Click the link above to purchase directly from THOK, or buy from your regional proxy vendor :)
THOK Solid brass 18mm wide encoder knob, finished in PVD plating. Featuring first of its kind THOK metal universal fitment system. No side screw, simply slide off and on for a firm fitment.

• Matte gold plated brass
  • Machined from solid brass

VoxelMods Cables
By popular demand, I’ve teamed up with the amazing VoxelMods to bring you a really great custom coiled cable group buy to complement your SA Ramses build! This cable GB will run until the end of May, or until cap is reached.

Artkey Universe
TBA

Archetype
The lovely folks over at Archetype have announced their beautiful collab for SA Ramses! There are a total of 4 artisans to be won - 2 Pharaoh Xiro and 2 Pharaoh Kolkrabba in both Horus (Dark Green) and Cleo (Tan) colorways. Raffle form here. Raffle over! Congrats to winners :D
More
Pharaoh Xiro - Horus (Dark Green)

Pharaoh Xiro - Cleo (Tan)

Pharaoh Kolkrabba - Horus (Dark Green)

Pharaoh Kolkrabba - Cleo (Tan)

Binirias
TBA

DEAGcaps
DEAG has just announced the collab and the raffle will start on May 6, 7PM EST and end on May 7, 7PM EST (24hrs). Purchasers of SA Ramses Base Kit (Alphas + Mods) are entitled to 3x entries if they submit a screenshot of their SA Ramses invoice through the raffle form. Raffle form here. Raffle over! Congrats to all winners :D

More
SA Ramses Bean

PanicKeycaps
TBA

MelonKeys
TBA

RENDERS

More

« Last Edit: Thu, 14 July 2022, 00:13:02 by atlanticise »

Offline FreshFromTheGrave

Re: SA Ramses | April 16 - May 14 2021
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 09:00:27 »
So hyped to see this finally in GB!

Offline pastelnostalgia

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 10:11:58 »
Congrats on GB! I’ll be ordering next week. Is there a matching USB cable available?

Offline kipawazi

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 10:13:16 »
Cool!

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 12:32:06 »
Good luck with GB!
 :thumb:

Offline MisterWaffle

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 13:43:56 »
nice to see this make it to gb. good luck!

Offline thicthock

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 14:47:54 »
I wish I could enter I wanted this so badly but 200 Euros for the 3 sets I want is just not justifiable. Good luck with the groupbuy

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 15:27:32 »
It's not usually the style of set I would go for, but I have been really liking it the more I look at it.

I know SA is always expensive (at least with SP), but those prices do feel a bit too much for me.
I kinda hoped a higher MOQ would help keep the prices a bit more reasonable for SA.

Offline Friendship

Re: [GB] SA Ramses | April 16 - May 14 2021
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 08:12:14 »
Just curious is there a reason the thok artisan was excluded from the US vendor?
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 07:42:20 »
Just curious is there a reason the thok artisan was excluded from the US vendor?
I am curious about the same thing, I will have to place 2 orders instead of 1, not mentioning having to pay shipping twice.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline atlanticise

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 09:50:09 »
I am curious about the same thing, I will have to place 2 orders instead of 1, not mentioning having to pay shipping twice.

I'm really sorry guys, I knew this would be a huge inconvenience to US customers but Omnitype has declined to proxy for THOK. As just a simple set designer I have no control and I respect Garrett's decision. THOK is also ok with this and they are selling directly from their site; I haven't compared shipping rates across all vendors but I randomly keyed in Oregon and the shipping rate is $13, which I hope is not too high for you to reconsider your support. <3

Offline Friendship

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 11:16:51 »
I'm really sorry guys, I knew this would be a huge inconvenience to US customers but Omnitype has declined to proxy for THOK. As just a simple set designer I have no control and I respect Garrett's decision. THOK is also ok with this and they are selling directly from their site; I haven't compared shipping rates across all vendors but I randomly keyed in Oregon and the shipping rate is $13, which I hope is not too high for you to reconsider your support. <3

Thanks for the transparency on this!! Garrett must only like Ramas

For those curious, Ashkeebs (CA vendor) charged me the same shipping Omni did so you can just order from there if you want the artisan and don't want to pay 2x ship.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 April 2021, 11:24:49 by Friendship »
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline atlanticise

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 11:37:13 »

For those curious, Ashkeebs (CA vendor) charged me the same shipping Omni did so you can just order from there if you want the artisan and don't want to pay 2x ship.

Gosh thank you so much for that tip! And thank you even more for your support, it means everything (((:

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 12:23:01 »
I understand you as a vendor has no control over what a certain vendor accepts or not so I will gladly support such amazing set!  ;D

In regards to Omnitype, I don't know if they have provided a complete answer as to why they refused Thok, for as far as I understand, they are reputable. I don't feel like supporting Omni anytime soon due to this, so I will get your set from Ashkeebs as well!

Thanks for the tip Friendship!  ;D

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 13:39:49 »

Edit: corrected Forties MOQ
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 April 2021, 18:16:18 by dvorcol »

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 13:53:08 »
Nice early numbers  :thumb:

But kinda confirms what I thought, really wish there had been a higher MOQ to give us a more affordable pricing.
It looks like it will totally crush the estimated MOQ.

Offline thicthock

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 14:21:03 »
Nice early numbers  :thumb:

But kinda confirms what I thought, really wish there had been a higher MOQ to give us a more affordable pricing.
It looks like it will totally crush the estimated MOQ.

Yea this was on my list this year as i am a huge egyptian history fan. But the prices compared to other sets are kind of ridic.

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 02:20:37 »
Yep, very, very unfortunate with the pricing based on these very low MOQs. With just the kits I would be interested in, compared to other contemporary SA sets, the price difference is about 50 USD. Harsh. I really hope this goes well anyways, it's just a really excellent and classy look. /Johannes

Offline atlanticise

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 11:02:35 »
Sorry for the misinformation guys - I misquoted the MOQ to dvorcol, it's 50 for the 40s kit. We will get that fixed at the next milestone update!

I understand your frustration with the pricing but the prices were decided by Omnitype, who has the final say as the main vendor. I am very grateful for all your support, even if the price does not agree with you this time, but this is not going to change and I hope that everyone can accept this with grace and love, which is much needed in this hobby.  :thumb:  :thumb:

Offline thicthock

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 00:28:01 »
Sorry for the misinformation guys - I misquoted the MOQ to dvorcol, it's 50 for the 40s kit. We will get that fixed at the next milestone update!

I understand your frustration with the pricing but the prices were decided by Omnitype, who has the final say as the main vendor. I am very grateful for all your support, even if the price does not agree with you this time, but this is not going to change and I hope that everyone can accept this with grace and love, which is much needed in this hobby.  :thumb:  :thumb:

Ah yikes. No one did not accept. We just pointed something out. No one wants it to change, We said its sad for your set that this was the prices decided on.
I dont know why Omnitype decided on this price as I see it more of a hindrance for such a good set.

Sorry for pointing something out that seems to have bothered you. Fact is also that people need to point out overly high prices in this hobby that we all love. Because things like that, to me make it so hard for people to join this hobby and it makes it come across as closed off and snobbish.

Offline Friendship

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 12:32:30 »

Wait, omnitype is the main vendor yet was not ok with selling the entire Ramses line? I don't mean to stir the pot but that seems... odd

Offline thechemtrailkid

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 18:49:46 »

Ashkeebs has cheaper shipping for me and from some googling, I don't think you have to pay duty on packages with a declared value of less than $800. I basically get the Thocc novelty for free.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 07:31:35 »

Ah yikes. No one did not accept. We just pointed something out. No one wants it to change, We said its sad for your set that this was the prices decided on.
I dont know why Omnitype decided on this price as I see it more of a hindrance for such a good set.

Sorry for pointing something out that seems to have bothered you. Fact is also that people need to point out overly high prices in this hobby that we all love. Because things like that, to me make it so hard for people to join this hobby and it makes it come across as closed off and snobbish.

Exactly, the goal wasn't to be negative towards your GB.
It's just as thicthock pointed out that those prices seem like a hindrance for such a gorgeous set and I am sure it could have done even better with a higher MOQ price that's all.
I know nothing can be changed now.

The IC was clearly very popular, and Omnitype deciding those prices based on 100 MOQ in 2021 seems totally out of touch with the current demand in the market (not even counting how many extras are bought by vendors these days).
And even more on the 40% kit prices compared to the much bigger 40% kit from SA Espresso

I will gladly join the GB, but with not as many kits as I would have hoped.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2021, 07:33:30 by CookieFlow »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!

It's just as thicthock pointed out that those prices seem like a hindrance for such a gorgeous set and I am sure it could have done even better with a higher MOQ price that's all.

The IC was clearly very popular, and Omnitype deciding those prices based on 100 MOQ in 2021 seems totally out of touch with the current demand in the market (not even counting how many extras are bought by vendors these days).
And even more on the 40% kit prices compared to the much bigger 40% kit from SA Espresso

Same here, I would have hoped to join at least 4 kits and an artisan, now I'm thinking on getting only 3, which is a shame on such pretty set.

Not sure why MOQ was so low, but considering you even built yourself a web page and kept consistent on updates, I would say you should have had more confidence in the set and set a higher MOQ, then again, everything is easier in hindsight.

Once again, love your set!

Offline nvh2092

Same here, I would have hoped to join at least 4 kits and an artisan, now I'm thinking on getting only 3, which is a shame on such pretty set.

Not sure why MOQ was so low, but considering you even built yourself a web page and kept consistent on updates, I would say you should have had more confidence in the set and set a higher MOQ, then again, everything is easier in hindsight.

Vendor always tries to maximize profit, so they probably did all the calculation before deciding to go with this low moq.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2021, 09:05:59 by nvh2092 »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
To maximize it you minimize MOQ, but that hurts customers a lot, and if total sales surpass MOQ for a lot, the seller is looking at a s*t ton of profit, for all the money they could have saved us, is going to their pockets.

In short, there should be a balance between profit and customer satisfaction, which I don't think this set complied.

Offline thicthock

To maximize it you minimize MOQ, but that hurts customers a lot, and if total sales surpass MOQ for a lot, the seller is looking at a s*t ton of profit, for all the money they could have saved us, is going to their pockets.

In short, there should be a balance between profit and customer satisfaction, which I don't think this set complied.

Yeap especially in times where many people are furloughed. Like...I dont have 200 bucks for the 3 base sets I wanted. its not even many sets but 200 in these times when every gmk set runs cheaper is killing a set that might have sold well.
It's cash grabby and I dont like to see the hobby going this way.

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
I have the money and really want this set, but I have issues with those prices and what they mean as well...

Offline CookieFlow

Vendor always tries to maximize profit, so they probably did all the calculation before deciding to go with this low moq.

I feel it's an act of balance.

Sets like Tuzi or Striker R2 did really well and one of the reasons (amongst many) was probably because their extremely attractive prices (at least it was for me, I wouldn't have joined Tuzi if it was a 145$ base kit and 50$ novelties for example, but the low prices made me impulse buy it).

For Ramses with these current prices, yes they will make more money per kit sold.
But if the kits were cheaper, then maybe they would have sold 30% more kits or even more, and thus potentially making even more money.

Again I just want to reiterate that this is not a criticism towards your beautiful set Atlanticise.
This is just some disapointment since I feel many of us will not be able to pick up as many kits as we hoped or for some even pass entirely on the set due to the prices being higher than we imagined they would be.

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!

I feel it's an act of balance.

Sets like Tuzi or Striker R2 did really well and one of the reasons (amongst many) was probably because their extremely attractive prices (at least it was for me, I wouldn't have joined Tuzi if it was a 145$ base kit and 50$ novelties for example, but the low prices made me impulse buy it).

For Ramses with these current prices, yes they will make more money per kit sold.
But if the kits were cheaper, then maybe they would have sold 30% more kits or even more, and thus potentially making even more money.

Again I just want to reiterate that this is not a criticism towards your beautiful set Atlanticise.
This is just some disapointment since I feel many of us will not be able to pick up as many kits as we hoped or for some even pass entirely on the set due to the prices being higher than we imagined they would be.

Alight, at this point is gonna be a quote from my quote, from somebody else's quote and so on and so on, but at least to keep things consistent :P

I cannot agree more with you. The prices put on this set are close to insane! And it saddens me that I won't see many people with SA Ramses because they decided it was too pricey for them. Moreover, with all the GMK hype, SA is not one of the most popular profiles out there, which already rule out many enthusiasts, so I don't know how well this one will do.

Reiterating on what CookieFlow said, this is not meant to be an attack against you atlanticise, for how you handled the IC and even negative commentaries has been superb, we both love your set and will support you  ;D
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2021, 20:04:27 by Alejo1707 »

Offline atlanticise

Y'all are so nice!! Thank you for supporting my set, as I said this is really very very heartwarming to see. I know that pricing is a little painful and I only meant that I didn't want to start pointing fingers or stirring up drama. It's a choice that the vendors made and if it affects sales and their profit, then so be it - I cannot control that either  ^-^

Offline nvh2092

Y'all are so nice!! Thank you for supporting my set, as I said this is really very very heartwarming to see. I know that pricing is a little painful and I only meant that I didn't want to start pointing fingers or stirring up drama. It's a choice that the vendors made and if it affects sales and their profit, then so be it - I cannot control that either  ^-^
I feel sad for you actually, you made a great set in a great IC, took every feedback and even made a website for it. People love it until vendor decided to go with crazy pricing. I think you deserve better than this and we also deserve better than this...

Offline thicthock

I feel sad for you actually, you made a great set in a great IC, took every feedback and even made a website for it. People love it until vendor decided to go with crazy pricing. I think you deserve better than this and we also deserve better than this...

This so many times. it makes me sad knowing how well and how much it was worked on and then it's chances get effed by a greedy vendor.

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
I feel like there's a lot missing, but have the IC form responses and/or feedback been shared? I'm curious how many submissions that got.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
[GB] SA Ramses | April 16 - May 14 2021, Archetype Artisan Raffle announced!
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 03:41:17 »
Good luck with GB Avril

Amazing how much effort and heart and love you put into this. I know it's gonna be an amazing one
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 April 2021, 13:16:27 by loop | esc lab »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Offline ImperfectLink

Damn. I'm in love with this set. The colorway is spot on, novelties are a cool design and your site is wonderful. Your execution all round is great!

Sadly, I'll have to pass. GLWGB

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
Show Image

Imagine what would happen if the prices wouldn't have been so steep

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
I feel like there's a lot missing, but have the IC form responses and/or feedback been shared? I'm curious how many submissions that got.
Figured I'd ask again, but any IC form data to be shared?

Offline thechemtrailkid

Expensive, but I had to spring for most kits. Keep up the great work and here's hoping vendors recognize the appeal of your work in future GBs.

Offline PradyXT

I love this set! I wish I could join the gb :( I rlly like the night deskmat!

Offline oyinbo_pikin

I bought every kit including 40s and Ortho. I hope they make MOQ.

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
I bought every kit including 40s and Ortho. I hope they make MOQ.
I joined you on the ortho kit, hopefully it does hit MOQ!

Offline CodyMathis123

I have signed up for a good few sets, including the ortho set. Definitely hope ortho hits MOQ, or is pulled in otherwise.

Offline Deputy1234

Ended up getting the Alphas and modifiers in both Nile and Sand. Such a great looking kit. Couldn't pass up.

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
i love this set so much, but sa not for me.

fwiw, i think this set would look quite good on GMK's abs keys  :thumb:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
RIP 40s peers. Let's go Ortho gang!!!!

Offline thechemtrailkid

What are the typical breakpoints for units sold in regards to price reductions for SA?