Author Topic: [GB] Palmetto 60% - Made in USA - EXTRAS 3/18/22  (Read 22338 times)

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
[GB] Palmetto 60% - Made in USA - EXTRAS 3/18/22
« on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 11:30:37 »

extras raffle: https://forms.gle/pbPs167bjL1QxQd48

Palmetto 60% GB will begin on Saturday, 5/8/21 @ 11 AM EST! Closing 11AM on 5/10/21. 

Palmetto 60% Group Buy Info:
  • 75 Units maximum
  • First Come, First Served
  • Sale starts at 11am EST on 5/8/21
Check your time zone here: https://everytimezone.com/s/5ca04d8e

Price is $475 + shipping. Shipping will be invoiced separately when the boards are complete.

Order will through our Shopify store: https://carolinamech.com/

Paypal is not accepted.

Palmetto 60 background:
The Palmetto is a 60% unibody mounted with an o-ring gasket, featuring a thick brass weight and USB-C daughterboard. The typical tray mount screw holes are not present, but there is a center post to prevent shorting out from flex. The only screws on the board are on the weight and the daughterboard. There are large holes in the case the large brass weight fits into; once the weight is removed, this allows you to push out the PCB easily, similar to the TGR/Singa Unikorn. The name Palmetto comes from the Palmetto Tree, which is the state tree of South Carolina. Palmetto was designed by Van Dusen mfg with our assistance. Van Dusen is also machining the boards in South Carolina.

Black anodized protos

Palmetto is proudly made and finished in the United States.

Each kit includes: 1 black anodized aluminum full plate, case, raw beadblasted brass weight, hiney h60 solderable pcb, usb-c daughterboard, JST cable, 70a duro o-ring, bumpons, screws, allen wrenches

Fulfillment goal is Q4 2021, possibly sooner!

Sniper grey cerakote and Green anodized protos

Cerakote Color Options:
In order to not overwhelm our cerakoter, we will only offer 3 choices and a limited number of cerakoted units this round:
  • 8 Sniper Grey
  • 8 NRA Blue
  • 8 Stormtrooper White

Sniper Grey, Stormtrooper White, NRA Blue Cerakote swatches.

Anodizing Options:
  • 40 Black by CT Anodizing.
  • 11 Green by CT Anodizing
Green ano on 6061 aluminum is potentially streaky, by choosing this option you acknowledge there may be anodizing flaws. Comes with Green Aluminum Full Plate.

Green anodized proto

This board requires the use of Cherry PCB mount snap-in stabilizers on the spacebar and backspace in order for the o-ring to work properly.

See image below for layout options on H60 pcb. A standard 60% plate will fit this case, should you choose to use an alternative.

Please reply to your order confirmation email with what add-ons you would like, you will be invoiced for them. If you do not see the email, check your spam or promotions for the order confirmation.

Pricing below on the add-ons.

Extra Plate Options:
  • Black Anodized Aluminum Full $35
  • Black Anodized Aluminum Half $35
  • Matte Black FR4 Full $21
  • Matte Black FR4 Half $21
  • Carbon Fiber Full $40
  • Carbon Fiber Half $40

Extra PCB etc:
  • Hiney H60 solderable $45
  • Hiney USB-C Daughterboard and JST cable $10
  • Extra O-ring $5

Brass Weight options:
  • Blasted Raw
  • Blasted + Glossy Clear Coat $10

The default option will be a raw weight, which is susceptible to tarnishing.

Raw Brass Weight

Order here: https://www.carolinamech.com

Join the Carolina Mech Discord

Follow Carolina Mech on Instagram

Typing test from Lightning!

Typing test from Lulzthax
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1012677894?t=02h55m32s

« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2022, 21:01:30 by ARSLOCK »

Offline hayt

• * Maker
Cool board  :thumb: GLWB !

Offline dRnRcRr

Love this board. 

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
Love the curves!

GLWGB!
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline fromscratchusa

• Keyboard Bag Tailor, I work with Keycap Designers.
    • FromScratch - Mechanical Keyboard Bags
Lets go!! <3 Give this board some love.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
hell yea. was able to type on the one that Lulzthax built this week and it turned out super solid - great feel and sound. GLWB!

Offline keebninja

Very excited for this board. Good luck!

Offline base

t-minus 30 min... GLWGB and GL to all going for one of these beauts!

Offline azzipa

nice work! glwgb

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
I sent out invoices for all the extras emails I've gotten to date. If you wanted any extras with your group buy order, please respond to your confirmation email as soon as possible with what'd you like. The options are listed on the product page.

We haven't sold out completely just yet, I'll keep the orders open for the next few days at least if you're on the fence.

I transferred some black anodizing slots to green anodizing this afternoon, the demand for the green was bigger than I anticipated this morning.

Thanks again for all the support today!!
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 May 2021, 21:43:31 by ARSLOCK »

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
The group buy window for a palmetto slot will close on Monday morning, so we can get everything moving. There's a few slots left.

Thanks again.

As for updates, I will try and post updates here and on our discord server whenever anything significant happens. Since we're making these locally, I'll also be uploading some behind the scene manufacturing videos/photos on our Instagram!

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
Super happy I was able to join this. Congrats again on the success of the gb.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline Curin Derwin

Very interested, but it looks like I missed the blue slots. I'm in for a blue if you open more slots or run a R2.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
Very interested, but it looks like I missed the blue slots. I'm in for a blue if you open more slots or run a R2.

All the cerakote slots were taken, sorry about that! R2 is possible.

I'll close the preorders this morning at 11 AM EST.

I have a few extras invoices to get out today.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
Re: [GB] Palmetto 60% - Gasket Mount - Made in USA - Preorders closed
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 12:04:49 »
Preoders are closed. I'm caught up on the extras invoices, please continue to reply to your order email until the end of this week if you want to add on any extra plates/pcb etc. If you haven't paid your invoice, please do so.

Thanks!

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 10:19:31 »
Deadline for add on extras is May 15 at midnight, please reply to your order email if you would like any. If you haven't paid your extras invoice, check your spam folder and please pay ASAP.

FR4 plates for the GB have been ordered.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 14:54:09 »
PCBs and Carbon Fiber Plates have been ordered. Material is being ordered and machining should begin in the next few weeks.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 08:17:04 »
Just wanted to give a quick update - the brass for the weights came in, we're currently getting the metal heat treated. Aluminum for the case and plates should be delivered in the next week or so.

FR4 plates are in.

The H60 PCB will be blue! The daughterboards are black.

I'll do another update whenever we have more to share!

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
Re: [GB] Palmetto 60% - Gasket Mount - Made in USA - Manufacturing
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 14:41:21 »
Since it's already been another month here's a quick status update:

Aluminum for cases and plates are  in hand. Brass is back from heat treat and cut to size.

Packaging is in prototype phase, we just received a sample of the custom foam.

Carbon Fiber plates are in.

Machining is underway on the cases.

I have photos shared in our discord if you'd like to take a look. https://discord.gg/s6XBwQh2Sb
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 July 2021, 18:34:41 by ARSLOCK »

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 08:55:01 »
Just a quick update - PCBs are in, and about 70% of the cases are finished machining.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 15:37:32 »
Quick update:
  • Cases are finished machining
  • Full plates are finished
  • Cases sent to anodizing this week
  • Grey cerakote complete
  • Packing foam arrived

To do: make half plates and weights. Should have the half plates knocked out and the weights in machine process in the new few weeks hopefully.

Be sure to join the discord if you haven't https://discord.gg/s6XBwQh2Sb

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 11:19:34 »
Quick update:
Brass weights are finished machining, so we are done with the machining for Palmetto!
Currently our Cerakoter is working on the White and Blue units, the Grey are complete.
Cases and plates are with CT Anodizing.

A note for green anodized buyers:

Unfortunately the green dye CT Anodizing used for the prototype was discontinued by the manufacturer!! Obviously we wanted to provide exactly the same color that we had on the prototype, but we are not able to do that.

They have a new green color, which is slightly different from the proto green. You can see in the picture below. It's a bit darker, but should be similar.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 11:46:15 »
I like the new green. Looks like it might match well with OG beige or even gray keycaps.

Offline gnompie

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 03:35:10 »
ne eu proxy?
sick board btw, looks great

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 12:53:09 »
November update:

Working on blasting the brass weights.
Currently our Cerakoter is still working on the White units, the Grey and Blue are complete. White cerakote is turning out to be tricky for our Cerakoter...
Cases and plates are still with CT Anodizing. CT has told us they expect to have our stuff finished with anodizing this month, but they have had our items for several months now.

Unfortunately we're just waiting on the anodizing to finish before we can start shipping boards, as every board has an anodized plate. Hopefully we can begin in December, but it could easily spill over into 2022. Let me know if you have any questions! 

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 21:41:13 »
Looks like a sweet GB, I'm sure the end result will be lovely!
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 10:52:14 »
Anodizing is done. Should ship to us this upcoming week. We still are waiting on a few cerakote units and to coat the weights. I'll post pics when we get the units.

Personally I also have some exciting news that my wife is due to give birth next week, which obviously complicates things a little bit!

Shipping invoices should go out after we do QC, I'm thinking it will probably be bumped into January 2022 for fulfillment.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 21:02:16 »
Anodizing parts came in. Just waiting on a handful of cerakote units and the weights to get coated. Should have the cerakote back after Christmas.

The green ano color came out different than was promised after the initial switch. It's more of an OD Green than the darker Hunter green they showed us. Please message me if you have any concerns about your green Palmetto order.

We're getting close to shipping, planning to start fulfillment in January. I will start sending out shipping invoices when we're ready to send.

Some important notes:

Please email me carolinamechdotcom @ gmail with any address changes you have had in the course of this group buy so I can confirm you're good.

I'd just like to double check and make sure everything is correct before we start shipping.

Thanks!

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
Re: [GB] Palmetto 60% - Gasket Mount - Made in USA - Shipping
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 22:03:08 »
I'm beginning to invoice shipping. The shipping fee includes a $15 charge for the custom foam and double boxes/packing supplies we're using.

First few orders have shipped out, more will ship next week

Once again - Please email me: carolinamechdotcom @ gmail with any address changes you have had in the course of this group buy so I can confirm you're good, please!

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 12:32:18 »
Update on Palmetto - 43% shipped.

Good news - Picking up the coated weights today.

Bad news - Unfortunately during our QC process in the course of fulfilment, we realized that we didn't make enough extras to cover the high rate of anodizing flaws. Most effected were the green anodized boards. We want everyone to get an A-stock unit, so we sent them back to CT to have them redone. They told us they should be able to immediately work on them and complete them in a week or two. Apologies for the delay, but we want to send out on the best quality board possible.

We'll continue to fulfil with the A-stock units we have based on order number. Thanks again for your patience and as always let me know if you have any questions!

Offline depressedkeebs

• Depressed Keebs
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 17:31:52 »
the production green is so much nicer than the proto one, GL with your GB!

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 08:51:25 »
These look so sweet!
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline kornographik

• KORNBOARDS
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 10:01:37 »
Just wanted to pass along my thanks to Arslock and Carolina Mech for the successful GB. He worked to keep everyone updated throughout the process on his Discord and Instagram socials. I'm loving the board. If he decides on a round 2, I highly recommend getting in on it.

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 20:41:26 »
Pink Palmetto, cheap og doubleshots, hirose orange (harvested from broken QX3s, spring swapped with 70g springs, lubed with 205g0), aluminum full plate, 50A o-ring. Super pleased with the fit and finish on this. Great runner, quick turn around, solid board.

Images of my build below are downsized, here is an imgur gallery with full size images: https://imgur.com/a/QGR4sv9.
281313-0
281315-1
281317-2
281319-3
281321-4
281323-5
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 20:45:14 »
Pink Palmetto, cheap og doubleshots, hirose orange (harvested from broken QX3s, spring swapped with 70g springs, lubed with 205g0), aluminum full plate, 50A o-ring. Super pleased with the fit and finish on this. Great runner, quick turn around, solid board.

Images of my build below are downsized, here is an imgur gallery with full size images: https://imgur.com/a/QGR4sv9.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
I'm digging the pink  :thumb:
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 19 January 2022, 03:36:39 »
More

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
niiiice

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 14:22:22 »
Update on the coated weights:

Guys I hate to say it but I'm not super satisfied with how the clear coat on the weight turned out. We tried to redo them and can't get them done consistently the way I envisioned.  I only had a handful that turned out the way I wanted, but I've already shipped those out.

So, I'm going to be crediting $10 back if you ordered a coated weight, and you will be getting a blasted one. If you haven't paid shipping yet, I'll take $10 off the cost there.

I just don't want to send out anything that is below my quality standards, so I hope everyone understands.

As for the re-anodizing, CT has the boards in their possession. We'll keep on them to get the boards redone asap.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks again for your support!

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 13 February 2022, 17:09:54 »
We got the boards back from CT.

Orders have been packed and shipping invoices are sent.

I have one board I'm waiting for a cerakote recoat on, but everything else from the group buy will be shipped this week.

Extras will be announced on our discord/Instagram.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the group buy and supporting made in USA mechanical keyboards!!

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 26 February 2022, 23:34:23 »
Got everything in the mail last week. This has been an A+ GB--thanks ARSLOCK for the excellent communication and for delivering a first-class product

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 12:21:18 »
We have a charity auction of a unique Palmetto up right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194902884973

100% of the proceeds will benefit Nova Ukraine https://novaukraine.org/

Extras will be available via a raffle starting on 3/18/22. Raffle form will be open for 24 hours. We have around 30 units available. Due to limited choices on some colors, it will be a ranked choice form. Most of the units are b stock with minor finishing flaws.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 March 2022, 12:24:25 by ARSLOCK »

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
Re: [GB] Palmetto 60% - Made in USA - EXTRAS 3/18/22
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 20:57:10 »
https://forms.gle/pbPs167bjL1QxQd48

Here's the extras form a bit early, just to see if anyone is reading this thread on GH.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
Re: [GB] Palmetto 60% - Made in USA - EXTRAS 3/18/22
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 09 May 2022, 21:05:35 »
If you are interested in an extra weight or a refinished weight, please fill this out in the next few days!

https://forms.gle/LbTBes6oy44oW5YT8