Author Topic: [GB] SA Symbiosis R2 - Finished  (Read 257087 times)

Offline hhkbp2

Re: [GB] SA Symbiosis R2 - Shipping
« Reply #500 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 12:21:04 »
Hi guys,

Yesterday a friend gave feedback that he found an issue in one key of the Novelties kit: he received a scooped homing Emacs key, which should be a non-scooped key in R3 profile. As marked in the following picture:

Then I checked with many other friends (since I had not received my sets) with what they got and it seemed to be an error for overall units. I had communicated with SP and Kono about this. SP would re-make this key in correct shape for a fix and send out the replacements to Kono next week. Later Kono should ship the fixed keys for your order of this kit. So should the other vendors. If you have any question or you don't receive the fixed key later for a long time, please contact your vendor.

Really sorry about this.

For reference: the correct layout of Novelties kit

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 November 2019, 22:57:02 by hhkbp2 »

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #501 on: Fri, 29 November 2019, 13:31:17 »
Got mine and installed them on my novatouched HHKB.  :D

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #502 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 15:05:20 »
Just noticed my blue \ key has a defect. The white plastic is showing through to the blue part. Would it be possible to go about getting a replacement keycap?

Offline qq

• A daydreamer of possibilities
« Reply #503 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 19:34:15 »
Still patiently waiting for shipping from zFrontier. I hope that the set will make it way before Christmas.  ;D

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #504 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 19:55:41 »
Just noticed my blue \ key has a defect. The white plastic is showing through to the blue part. Would it be possible to go about getting a replacement keycap?

Please contact your vendor for that.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #505 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 20:10:08 »

Please contact your vendor for that.

Gotcha. Just sent Kono an email. Fingers crossed. It wouldn't bother me if it where on the back, but it's visible where it's at in the front.

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #506 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 01:27:12 »
My order from ZFrontier not fulfilled yet...  :(

231106-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 December 2019, 01:29:14 by Windeh »

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #507 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 01:38:27 »

(Attachment Link)

It seemed Zfrontier had not started the shipping for international orders. I knew from a few friends that their orders were not shipped yet

Offline h9n9n3

« Reply #508 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 08:15:14 »

(Attachment Link)

Me neither. I'm in South korea fyi

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #509 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 16:45:40 »
Well my GB got ruined. My order was in fulfillment since Nov 6th so i sent an email about whats going on, apparently my order shipped,postal service didnt scan it and now its gone forever. Only thing i got offered was a refund or wait for the next GB. I waited a year and spent 300$ for nothing, I am so disappointed and now i have a blue Kira80 that i cant finish. Sad days.

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #510 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 21:09:15 »
Incoming!!

231246-0

Offline matrixzj

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 21:24:22 »
Well my GB got ruined. My order was in fulfillment since Nov 6th so i sent an email about whats going on, apparently my order shipped,postal service didnt scan it and now its gone forever. Only thing i got offered was a refund or wait for the next GB. I waited a year and spent 300$ for nothing, I am so disappointed and now i have a blue Kira80 that i cant finish. Sad days.

Really sad to hear about it. And as some discussion in thread, kono will re-run some popular kits soon.
Discord:Matrix#6203

HHKB Fanatics

SA/GMK Keycaps Info

Offline horchata771

« Reply #512 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 13:27:25 »

Not necessarily. If you have a tracking number, check with the delivery service with the tracking number. It may not be a lost cause.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #513 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 22:24:47 »

Mine is turning turning out real nice. Thanks for the GB!

Offline svenge

« Reply #514 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 00:09:44 »
Hey folks, I dunno if I'm dreaming or what but seems like Kono is selling extras of a few kits on their store.  I put an order in for the choices I was looking for so I guess we'll see what happens...  Anybody else notice this?

EDIT:  Says they shipped today so it must be real!
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 December 2019, 09:38:04 by svenge »

Offline romeo

« Reply #515 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 00:15:27 »
Got mine  ;D

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #516 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 11:11:05 »
Show Image

Mine is turning turning out real nice. Thanks for the GB!

Look nice with mods from other sets. I'm looking forward to seeing more mixes across different themes!

Offline asury

• /u/adsury/
« Reply #517 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 21:07:37 »
So sad that I got double c key, and miss the d key from Zfrontier.. How is the fastest way to contact them?
Grey Duck Sidewinder/GMK Hyperfuse Origins/MX Black retooled | Sage M60-A/GMK Camping/Holy Sky | LFK68/DSA Granite Alps/SKCM Orange Alps

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #518 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 01:43:46 »
So sad that I got double c key, and miss the d key from Zfrontier.. How is the fastest way to contact them?
Show Image

I think you could contact them via the support email.

Offline asury

• /u/adsury/
« Reply #519 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 23:15:12 »
Show Image

I think you could contact them via the support email.

I just got reply from Alex (support@zfrontier). He said that he will send the replacement for me by the end of the week!  ;D

Cheers!
Grey Duck Sidewinder/GMK Hyperfuse Origins/MX Black retooled | Sage M60-A/GMK Camping/Holy Sky | LFK68/DSA Granite Alps/SKCM Orange Alps

Offline datarama

« Reply #520 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 08:00:03 »
Has anyone who ordered through Mykeyboard.eu actually received their order yet?

I mailed them about a month ago; they responded that they'd be shipping out "soon". I'm still waiting, and they haven't responded to email since.

Offline Fabi

« Reply #521 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:48:14 »
Has anyone who ordered through Mykeyboard.eu actually received their order yet?

I mailed them about a month ago; they responded that they'd be shipping out "soon". I'm still waiting, and they haven't responded to email since.
Haven't got mine either. I also mailed them about two weeks ago but haven't heard from them till now.
If I know something new I let you know.

Offline impaktor

• Blog on emacs & keyboards
« Reply #522 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 10:55:03 »
zFrontier sent through DHL tracking last week, CADR will arrive tomorrow, looking forward to it!

(Now I can finally get that bumper sticker: "My other CAR is a CADR"!)

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #523 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 11:32:28 »
Hi guys,

Yesterday a friend gave feedback that he found an issue in one key of the Novelties kit: he received a scooped homing Emacs key, which should be a non-scooped key in R3 profile. As marked in the following picture:

Show Image

Then I checked with many other friends (since I had not received my sets) with what they got and it seemed to be an error for overall units. I had communicated with SP and Kono about this. SP would re-make this key in correct shape for a fix and send out the replacements to Kono next week. Later Kono should ship the fixed keys for your order of this kit. So should the other vendors. If you have any question or you don't receive the fixed key later for a long time, please contact your vendor.

Really sorry about this.

For reference: the correct layout of Novelties kit

For my own order, I got the replacement key for this R3 Emacs novelty today from Zfrontier

A friend told me that Zfrontier held his order(on Zfrontier's international site) until Zfrontier received this replacement keys from SP. And then Zfrontier shipped his order along with the replacement key a few days ago. Now he already received everything.

I have no idea whether Mykeyboard.eu was doing the same thing to delay shipping until they got the replacement keys too. But I suppose you should get both your order and replacement keys sooner or later no matter what. If you have question with your order, please contact your vendor.

Thanks!

Offline qq

« Reply #524 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 04:37:24 »
Zfrontier has shipped my orders with the replacement key on 13th and I've received them yesterday (here Australia) so it was super fast. They also did me a favor by letting me order one more kit from extras (numpad kit), and bundled it with my original orders. So far I've got nothing short of amazing support from Alex and Zfrontier team.

Offline datarama

« Reply #525 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 17:09:27 »
I don't have the novelty set in my order, so if mykeyboard.eu is holding orders waiting for novelty replacements, it seems they're simply holding *all* orders, esp. if nobody else has gotten anything from them either.

Just FTR, I'm not at all blaming you, hhkbp2 - I understand this is entirely outside your control. I'm just a bit annoyed with mykeyboard.eu for not bothering to respond to mail after having me wait a full month after my first question to them.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2019, 19:26:55 by datarama »

Offline kmfmppl

« Reply #526 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 05:26:35 »
ordered via mykeyboard.eu as well, have not heard anything so far either.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #527 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 07:11:09 »
I don't have the novelty set in my order, so if mykeyboard.eu is holding orders waiting for novelty replacements, it seems they're simply holding *all* orders, esp. if nobody else has gotten anything from them either.

Just FTR, I'm not at all blaming you, hhkbp2 - I understand this is entirely outside your control. I'm just a bit annoyed with mykeyboard.eu for not bothering to respond to mail after having me wait a full month after my first question to them.

Really sorry to hear that. It's not rare for a vendor to hold or delay shipment due to issues, but it's too bad to disappear from responding.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #528 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 07:15:10 »
Kono sent out emails for the replacement key of Novelties Emacs. If you placed your order(with Novelties kit) in Kono, please contact them for that.

Offline necromanx

• mykeyboard.eu
« Reply #529 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 16:44:29 »

We are not holding out orders. Not all parts arrived in stock.  It was split send to us in 5 or 6 boxes and it was held split in customs. Will go out soon :-)

Offline kmfmppl

« Reply #530 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 08:48:17 »

We are not holding out orders. Not all parts arrived in stock.  It was split send to us in 5 or 6 boxes and it was held split in customs. Will go out soon :-)

Great news!

Offline qq

« Reply #531 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 19:29:24 »
Potato photo  :))

Offline Saga

• Pew Pew Particle Accelerators
« Reply #532 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 21:50:27 »
Finally!

If anyone has a spare third row up key in yellow I accidentally scratched mine. It's invisible for the most part but I'm anal :(

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #533 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 04:07:54 »
Hey guys, I hope its ok to ask about it here.

I'm looking for a bottom row 1.5u/1u mods from this set:
2x 1.5u CTRL
2x 1.5u ALT (or NordeUK kit has one ALT Graph 1.5u)
2x 1u Super or Fn or Hyper or Meta

These are in extension or CADR kit.

If someone have these and willing to sell, please let me know.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2020, 04:10:48 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Fabi

« Reply #534 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 09:22:02 »
Sorry to bring it up again, but has anybody got news from mykeyboard.eu? Or even received their orders?

Offline necromanx

• mykeyboard.eu
« Reply #535 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 12:16:38 »
Sorry to bring it up again, but has anybody got news from mykeyboard.eu? Or even received their orders?

None have been shipped out yet.  They should be getting shipped out tomorrow though!

Offline Fabi

« Reply #536 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 13:46:00 »

None have been shipped out yet.  They should be getting shipped out tomorrow though!
Great news, thanks :)

Offline gbchk

« Reply #537 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 20:15:39 »
Some people were asking about kits for sale in this thread a while ago, so if anyone's interested, I'm selling my Symbiosis R2 caps here - https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/f0ys03/uscahsa_symbiosis_r2_gmk_jamon_dsa_dolch_wpaypal/?

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #538 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 23:55:52 »
Anyone have a Extensions kit they would like to sell or even just the stepped keys from the set. need them to finish a board. drop me aline if you can help. thank you.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Re: [GB] SA Symbiosis R2 - Finished
« Reply #539 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 18:59:57 »
I'm looking for caps to cover Tsangan bottom row, anyone have any of these?

- 2x 1.5u CTRL
- 2x 1.5u ALT or ALT GRAPH
- 2x 1u Win, or Sys, or Fun, or anything there was for bottom row 1u cap

243763-0

243792-1
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 10:50:49 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline _talos

« Reply #540 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 23:42:40 »
Oh man, I just got the hook for mechanical keyboards and learned about this forum. Am I really too late to get this Symbiosis keyboard? Some of these look amazing! The site is sold out, but has anyone ever had luck contacting the site to see if they have an extra?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #541 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 09:16:21 »
Oh man, I just got the hook for mechanical keyboards and learned about this forum. Am I really too late to get this Symbiosis keyboard? Some of these look amazing! The site is sold out, but has anyone ever had luck contacting the site to see if they have an extra?

Hey man, I'm afraid Symbolics keyboards were only made in the 1980s. This thread is about a keyset GB with similar color theme. Not sure what you're looking for but for this Symbiosis R2 keyset, you cloud take a look at the mechmarket or wait for the future restock in Kono website if that happens.

Offline horchata771

« Reply #542 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 11:15:44 »

Welcome to the community! Kono has been good at getting back to me in the past. They might restock if there's enough interest. Email them. It can't hurt.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2020, 11:18:08 by horchata771 »

Offline rtyabgzdhf

« Reply #543 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 06:56:42 »
Old but gold.

Offline Nonuke

« Reply #544 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 14:31:44 »
I would love to see another run of this...
E la nave va...

Offline Reece

« Reply #545 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 11:02:59 »
Is there any chance of another run of this incredible keycap set? I missed the group-buy and I would love to get my hands on one of these sets if at all possible.

I generally regard this as one of the nicest looking keycap sets there is.

Offline WILL XOXO

« Reply #546 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 20:20:39 »
细小🐂🍺

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #547 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 20:33:48 »
Is there any chance of another run of this incredible keycap set? I missed the group-buy and I would love to get my hands on one of these sets if at all possible.

There's a good chance that this will run again.

If you can't wait for those cadet legends in SA profile, you can check out SA Spectra. Most kits are still available on Kono: https://kono.store/products/sa-spectra

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #548 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 10:00:18 »

If you can't wait for those cadet legends in SA profile, you can check out SA Spectra. Most kits are still available on Kono: https://kono.store/products/sa-spectra

Long shot, but would it be possible to try and convince SP to make a 6u spacebar mold if this runs again? I've got this set and another I'd really like to use on my topre boards with some mx sliders.

Offline Reece

« Reply #549 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 11:22:17 »

Thanks, I hope so.

Spectra looks really good, I see you have all of the cadet legends which I love, but I really want the original Cadet / Symbiosis colour scheme. I just love that blue / grey / white combo and I just gotta have it.