Author Topic: [IC]GMK Gawain  (Read 3440 times)

Offline ZeroEn96

[IC]GMK Gawain
« on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 10:10:26 »
New to design. Essentially was re-watching an old favorite to hype for its season 3 release, and remembered how much i loved the colors. MOST of them are people, and there is just so much purple right now soo.

Enters The Gawain

Currently working on novelty keys, and a space-bar kit.
I love my colors but also just feel I really need more feedback to optimize.
Also as a question to the community, I love the feel of GMK keys and really want it that way, am always open to change of course, I just want to make sure i'm correct in assuming that I would need to find the closest matches to these colors in Pantone C?

Oh! As an afterthought, if any one is interested here are roughs of all my inspired ideas, they've all come a lot farther but for now ill just add these!
https://imgur.com/gallery/KZAkX

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
Re: [IC]GMK Gawain
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 10:28:25 »
Looks nice man!

Offline ZeroEn96

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 10:45:35 »
Looks nice man!
Thank you!!!! Anything you think could be improved?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 11:37:08 »
Gawain's one looks great!

Shinkiro's one might be too expensive as there are 4 base colors.

Zero's set reminded me of GMK Black Lotus.

Lancelot's reminded me of SA Industrial set (although the orange is deeper). Might want to get the contrast on alphas better though: bright yellow on white isn't exactly pleasing to the eye.

Looking forward to see the novelties  :thumb:

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 11:37:34 »
I understand why it was done, but the green legends in the top row look odd. Maybe do a green escape key instead? (green key color, not just the legend)

Offline ZeroEn96

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 11:53:10 »
I understand why it was done, but the green legends in the top row look odd. Maybe do a green escape key instead? (green key color, not just the legend)
I kind of agree yeah. I really wanted it to sort of thematically click but it just doesn't look good.

Green Esc is worth a shot. Especially since the red Eject key is actually a novelty.

I can also just do green legends for some novelty keys to satisfy my theme, that way  I can make sure the base kit colorway just looks clean.

Also, thank you for the feedback!!

Offline ZeroEn96

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 11:59:41 »
Gawain's one looks great!

Shinkiro's one might be too expensive as there are 4 base colors.

Zero's set reminded me of GMK Black Lotus.

Lancelot's reminded me of SA Industrial set (although the orange is deeper). Might want to get the contrast on alphas better though: bright yellow on white isn't exactly pleasing to the eye.

Looking forward to see the novelties  :thumb:
Gawain has really shaped up the most for me, hence why im posting it directly.

The shinkiro I enjoyed but as you said 4 base colors is a bit much, im working on trying to simplify it.

I love the colors in the Zero, but no sooner then I decided on them I saw the Black Lotus for the first time lol, and they look much nicer on the lotus.

For the Lancelot I agree about the yellow legends, im thinking i may switch to blue as the knightmare has an ok amount of blue accents in show, I want to stick to colors close to what it has for these boards.

The novelties are all being a little tricky but thats just because im picky, they will be nice though. Doing a English/Hiragana design for the Lancelot as well since it fits thematically and I just like the way they look.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 16:52:40 »
I really like Lancelot though I don't think GMK can do centered legends. Shame, it's what I love most about SA.

Offline Geek Maker

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 00:32:26 »
yellow legend is pretty harmonious with the color-way. Perhaps the green legend don't match quite well with the whole color-way. You could consider add some child kits with green legend