Author Topic: [IC] KBM Sky Pastry (10/10/2022 - Vendors Update)  (Read 5077 times)

Offline Merinie

[IC] KBM Sky Pastry (10/10/2022 - Vendors Update)
« on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 02:47:37 »
KBM Sky Pastry

Hi guys, Merinie’s again. Thank you so much for all your feedback for ‘KBM Sky Pastry’ last time. It’s been a while after that, and today I just want to share you some update.

Interest Check Form

Inspiration

Sunset Sky & Sweet Pastry

Color
More
Alpha Base = GMK WS1

Vendors

NA - Otakeebs
OCE - Allcaps
CA - Ashkeebs
EU - KeyGem
CN - zFrontier
UK - Prototypist
SEA - TBD

Pricing

TBD

Collabs
TBD

Render

-Base Kit-
-Numpad-
-40s-
-Norde-
-Novelty-
-Spacebars-

Interested in Collaboration?
Feel free to reach out to Merinie#2306 on Discord

Thank you so much for your interest and spending time to get to know 'KBM Sky Pastry'

« Last Edit: Mon, 10 October 2022, 04:50:19 by Merinie »

Offline Merinie

Re: [IC] Sky Pastry
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 02:51:19 »
Dear all,

The images are fixed. Feel free to send feedbacks.

Merinie
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 September 2022, 03:51:32 by Merinie »

Offline ricecloud

• (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
    • ✿ My YouTube Channel ✿
Re: [IC] KBM Sky Pastry
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 16:56:19 »
Love the colors! <3

I am such a sucker for pastel colors!  ^-^
However I'm not sure how to feel about the alphas, they seem a little bit out of place (ik you choose the color, probably to make it more obvious that is pastry themed).
Have you tried a lighter shade? Or will it be too difficult to read then?
Also since you have a purple esc and enter key, I was wondering if you could include a purple spacebar as well?

Btw the novelties are very cute!  :thumb:

glwic!

Offline Pyurii

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 19:07:55 »
I do like me some cute pastel keycaps. Maybe you could try to make the legends the purple you used. Not feeling the tan colored legends

Offline Wintea

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 01:10:51 »
These are adorable! I love it!

Offline crookey

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 01:57:58 »
very very adorable

Offline Merinie

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 07:11:06 »
I do like me some cute pastel keycaps. Maybe you could try to make the legends the purple you used. Not feeling the tan colored legends
Thank you so much ~  Yes, I've try the lighter shade, but it will be hard to read. (.__.) Regarding the cost structure, it seems that if I use the purple space bar the cost would rise a bit.

Love the colors! <3

I am such a sucker for pastel colors!  ^-^
However I'm not sure how to feel about the alphas, they seem a little bit out of place (ik you choose the color, probably to make it more obvious that is pastry themed).
Have you tried a lighter shade? Or will it be too difficult to read then?
Also since you have a purple esc and enter key, I was wondering if you could include a purple spacebar as well?

Btw the novelties are very cute!  :thumb:

glwic!

Haha I'm also a big fans of pastel keycaps too. I will try for the purple one too, thank you!  ;)

Offline DontStealMyLolipop

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 07:25:58 »
Amazing set!
The backspace novelty is such a clever one one!
GLWIC!

Offline kevvinn

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 09:06:12 »
This is really cute! I do agree with previous comments about the legend color being a tad bit off. But otherwise this color scheme looks promising! GLWIC :)

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 11:00:02 »
Hi, cute set, I like the pastels and the novelties are adorable. ;D My feedback will focus on small details to clean stuff up.

Base
-You don't need both terminal and UK iso. You can cut R3 and R4 pipe.
-Pink mod arrows is kinda awkward here, I recommend changing them to the purple accent color.
-Remove R1 1u Back it's not needed in base. Move it to 40s.
-Consider making caps lock and shift icons vertically centered for more consistency across the mods.

Numpad
-I recommend moving R1 pg dn and end to the numpad kit, as they only go with 1800 layouts that use numpad.
-Consider rearranging your colors, especially on the 0 and . keys. Pull up a full size board and do a couple test renders and see what color placement you like.

I'll leave it there for now so it's not so overwhelming. Feel free to reach out on discord if you have any questions. GLWIC!  :thumb:

Offline Merinie

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 10:49:41 »
This is really cute! I do agree with previous comments about the legend color being a tad bit off. But otherwise this color scheme looks promising! GLWIC :)

Thank you so muchhhh~  Will try it soon :D

very very adorable

Hi-five, Pastel lover!

Amazing set!
The backspace novelty is such a clever one one!
GLWIC!

Thank you! The novelty is so adorable~

These are adorable! I love it!

Thank you :D

Offline Merinie

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 11:03:15 »
Hi, cute set, I like the pastels and the novelties are adorable. ;D My feedback will focus on small details to clean stuff up.

Base
-Pink mod arrows is kinda awkward here, I recommend changing them to the purple accent color.
-Consider making caps lock and shift icons vertically centered for more consistency across the mods.

Numpad
-I recommend moving R1 pg dn and end to the numpad kit, as they only go with 1800 layouts that use numpad.
-Consider rearranging your colors, especially on the 0 and . keys. Pull up a full size board and do a couple test renders and see what color placement you like.

I'll leave it there for now so it's not so overwhelming. Feel free to reach out on discord if you have any questions. GLWIC!  :thumb:

Thank you so much for your feedback! Regarding the arrow, I will try the purple on the base kit and recheck with the cost once again. For the 1u Back, I expect to split backspace. Will contact you for more discuss :D

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 23:21:10 »

Base

Numpad

Thank you so much for your feedback! Regarding the arrow, I will try the purple on the base kit and recheck with the cost once again. For the 1u Back, I expect to split backspace. Will contact you for more discuss :D

For the arrows, you should be able to replace the pink arrows with purple arrows with no price change. For split backspace, it is customary to use R2 1.5u back, so there's really no need for 1u back in base imo. Common options for the added R1 1u with split back are tilde, pipe, and delete.

Offline mariajose1197

Re: [IC] KBM Sky Pastry - kits update
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 23:15:27 »
This set is so pretty and sweet.
Love the novelties.
In my opinion the pink and purple accents are a bit lost, maybe you could invert them.