Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423107 times)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #2800 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 09:32:16 »

I went bald. XD

Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2801 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 09:35:06 »

Agh, trying to buy a house. SO MUCH PAPERWORK!  Don't think I've signed my name so many times in my life as I have in the last 24 hours!

With all those signatures, are you now a house owner?! ;D

Lol, no, that was just the disclosure, offer, rider, employment affidavit, salary affidavit (ours is weird because of my work that I told you about Lurch), and pre-approval something or other.

We're hoping they accept our offer. It's 10k below asking price, but it's been on the market 45 days and the market here gets slower and slower through the holidays.
I'm back.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2802 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 09:36:16 »
no pics sorry folks
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2803 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 09:42:50 »

Agh, trying to buy a house. SO MUCH PAPERWORK!  Don't think I've signed my name so many times in my life as I have in the last 24 hours!

Lol, no, that was just the disclosure, offer, rider, employment affidavit, salary affidavit (ours is weird because of my work that I told you about Lurch), and pre-approval something or other.

We're hoping they accept our offer. It's 10k below asking price, but it's been on the market 45 days and the market here gets slower and slower through the holidays.

Ah I see. Hopefully they bite! My parents are trying to sell a house at the moment and the offers have been slowing down greatly as winter approaches, since we actually get snow up here unlike some southern states. :P Nobody likes moving in the cold.

Good luck!
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline iri

« Reply #2804 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 09:44:35 »

saving $10k and complaining about paperwork? hha.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2805 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 09:54:23 »

saving $10k and complaining about paperwork? hha.

lol touche.  Except it doesn't seem like I'm "saving" 10k, only that I'm spending 24x that!
I'm back.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2806 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:03:33 »
no pics sorry folks

****in' rude.  :(

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2807 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:10:27 »
no pics sorry folks

****in' rude.  :(

Right? Unbelievable.

I just want to see epzy's bald

Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline iri

« Reply #2808 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:28:44 »
lol touche.  Except it doesn't seem like I'm "saving" 10k, only that I'm spending 24x that!
so you're about to own a quarter million house in orlando? no more words, i'm already dying of envy
oh wait, it's in 'murica... no, i'm not
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2809 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:37:55 »

so you're about to own a quarter million house in orlando? no more words, i'm already dying of envy
oh wait, it's in 'murica... no, i'm not

Housing is sooooo expensive here. I really can't believe it either. We're not rich compared to the local economy; it's simply what our family needs and is reasonably close to the kids' school and my job.

Been to USSR in the early 90's, I'm glad you like it there. It's definitely not for me
I'm back.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2810 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:49:58 »
Got results of some blood work. Found out my vitamin D is low, no surprise there....sun? what sun?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2811 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 11:16:10 »
Got results of some blood work. Found out my vitamin D is low, no surprise there....sun? what sun?
Sun Microsystems?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2812 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 11:18:03 »
I did homework for once

What has this world come to.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #2813 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 11:23:46 »
Got 3 job possibilities, 2 girlfriend deals in the works, and 1 iPhone 6 Plus in my hands finally.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 November 2014, 11:27:50 by Input Nirvana »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #2814 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 11:26:57 »
81799-0

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2815 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 11:31:28 »
Trying colemak layout.  :blank:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2816 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 13:22:49 »
I did homework for once

What has this world come to.
lol what the hell is homework
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2817 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 13:29:36 »

Got 3 job possibilities, 2 girlfriend deals in the works, and 1 iPhone 6 Plus in my hands finally.
This is true. You can't have 1 iphone 6 Plus in your hand. It takes two. Also two more hands for the two girlfriends. When are you going to have time left for your 3 jobs??
I'm back.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2818 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 14:00:58 »
if you dont have anything just think "what would jesus do"
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2819 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 14:01:57 »
nice nice
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2820 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 17:00:38 »
Went to vet, my rabbit scratched his eye. Cost me $150 ugh.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #2821 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 17:29:54 »

This is true. You can't have 1 iphone 6 Plus in your hand. It takes two. Also two more hands for the two girlfriends. When are you going to have time left for your 3 jobs??

Don't want ANY jobs but I have little to do through the holidays so might as well earn some income, meet some peeps, network, blah blah. Something great can happen, maybe meet a lonely, sexy keyboard in a hipster bar/coffee house.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2822 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 18:16:11 »
had a propah blast in AC unity  ;D
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2823 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 18:18:23 »
Soaking some caps with denture tabs.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2824 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 19:47:21 »
THIS GAME IS SO FUN
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline swathe

« Reply #2825 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 19:49:35 »
Renewed my hatred for printers and incompetent co-workers all in one go.
DAS Professional MX Blue
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Edition MX Blue

Linux + Emacs

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2826 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 20:04:21 »
fought ontrac for being horrible
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2827 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 20:04:47 »
Was going to log back into WoW, but Jen called and I need to head back into the hospital.  Family member's health is failing bad.  She has pretty much lived up there the last few days.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 November 2014, 20:06:31 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2828 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 20:11:25 »
THIS GAME IS SO FUN

Really? I heard it was pretty bad.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2829 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 20:23:21 »

THIS GAME IS SO FUN

idk how people get those bugs, the only thing that happened to me was that i got stuck for literally one second and that was it
other than the bugs some people apparently have it's smooth, fun and solid
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2830 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 23:11:40 »

THIS GAME IS SO FUN

idk how people get those bugs, the only thing that happened to me was that i got stuck for literally one second and that was it

Good to hear! Is the single player pretty much the same as the other AC games? They haven't changed much in recent years..

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2831 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 01:03:19 »

THIS GAME IS SO FUN

Good to hear! Is the single player pretty much the same as the other AC games? They haven't changed much in recent years..
its actually rebuilt from the ground-up in unity, it's all new systems and i love it.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2832 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 01:11:41 »

THIS GAME IS SO FUN

its actually rebuilt from the ground-up in unity, it's all new systems and i love it.

Why do you have to tempt me so hard? :P I just picked up AC4 a few weeks back and have barely played it cause it is so similar to the last ones.. But this is so tempting.

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #2833 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 01:15:38 »
queued to play WoW.

4883 people till my turn, just about 400minutes of wait time :)

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #2834 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 01:17:25 »
Attempted to make cast keycaps but I failed :D
hi

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2835 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 01:35:52 »

THIS GAME IS SO FUN

Why do you have to tempt me so hard? :P I just picked up AC4 a few weeks back and have barely played it cause it is so similar to the last ones.. But this is so tempting.
assassin's creed 4 is really good so i wont blame you for finishing it first
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline iri

« Reply #2836 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 04:35:36 »
Worked until 1:30am. Half of the body was monitoring the production servers, another half writing code.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #2837 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 04:39:00 »
Been to USSR in the early 90's, I'm glad you like it there. It's definitely not for me
'90 USSR? NO, THANK YOU!!!
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 November 2014, 05:30:30 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2838 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 12:53:14 »

Waiting for the train
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2839 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 13:01:29 »
Show Image

Waiting for the train

:eek:  Leaving Brooklyn??

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2840 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 13:04:37 »
Show Image

Waiting for the train

Going to Newark to meet a friend, then we're driving to the Poconos to stay in a cabin all weekend. I'll have internet and a Filco, so it'll be fine.

Plus, I don't even have to go through Queens.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2841 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 13:06:28 »
There will also be craft beer, but I won't drink any since I'm 17.

:))

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2842 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 13:06:52 »
Show Image

Waiting for the train

Going to Newark to meet a friend, then we're driving to the Poconos to stay in a cabin all weekend. I'll have internet and a Filco, so it'll be fine.

Plus, I don't even have to go through Queens.

Poconos are in PA?  Looks nice.

Also, if these pictures I found on Google are any indication, you should not touch the Filco or use the internet.

Offline iri

« Reply #2843 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 14:07:57 »
You totally need some keyboards and the Internet to spend time in a cabin outside the city.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #2844 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 14:37:40 »
yesterday: drank vodka for the first time in, like, 7 years.
hope i will never be forced to do that again.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline GankIndustries

« Reply #2845 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 20:12:14 »
Working on some gunplay today. Hating that I still have no area where I can actually airbrush effectively.
Poker 2 Clears
V2 Reds
60% Alps loading

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2846 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 01:26:41 »
Started with this:

81935-0

Did some of this:

81937-1

And some of this:

81939-2

And ended up with this:

81941-3
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2847 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 03:54:30 »
Started with this:

(Attachment Link)

Did some of this:

(Attachment Link)

And some of this:

(Attachment Link)

And ended up with this:

(Attachment Link)

Dude, wow something so simple payed off so well

Offline iri

« Reply #2848 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 07:59:35 »
watched "matterhorn". what crap it was. am in urgent need of a good film.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2849 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 09:16:43 »

watched "matterhorn". what crap it was. am in urgent need of a good film.
fite club
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI