Author Topic: Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword - GB is live!  (Read 123210 times)

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword - GB is live!
« on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:13:58 »
Hello Geekhack!
I would like to introduce everyone to my first keycap set GMK Demon Sword

About

This set came to me as an idea playing on of my mobile games Azur Lane. The game is an anime based game with ships as anime characters fighting against an foreign / alien type of ships called sirens. One of my favorite characters in the game was Ayanami. The character is been known as the "Demon God" in the game and referenced as such in her own quote lines. The color scheme and novelties is based off the character to give notice White, Navy, and Red look using RAL. You can find images and references below and hope everyone enjoys the set!
Reference
Kits

Base (Final)

Oath Set (Final)

Novelties (Final)

Hull - Spacebar (Final)

40mm Cannon (40s Kit) HAS BEEN CUT DUE TO LOW NUMBERS!(Final)
Renders
BOCC (By Senryo render by Kingk22)

Oath Set Renders

TX66 (By TXKeyboards render by Kingk22)

Sat75 by UPAS Render by ABEC

RAMA Koyu (Hidden cause out of date but shows the red with  blue)
More

Deskmats!

Please let me know in the IC which ones you would like to see make production!

Vendor

US: TXKeyboards
EU: Mykeyboard EU
Oceania: DailyClack
Asia: iLumkb
Canada: Deskhero

Groupbuy

Confirmed Date: October 1st 2020

MOQ

Kit      MOQ Required
Base      250
Oath Kit      100
Hull Kit      100
Novelties Kit      100
40mm Cannon      100
RAMA      50

Pricing
TXKeyboards

Kit      Price
Base     134.99 USD
Oath Kit     74.99 USD
Hull Kit     34.99 USD
Novelties Kit     44.99 USD
40mm Cannon     44.99 USD
RAMA     56 USD
MyKeyboard EU

Kit      Price
Base     145
Oath Kit     75
Hull Kit     44
Novelties Kit     49
40mm Cannon     50
RAMA     48
Daily Clack*
Price Subject to Change due to COVID-19

Kit      Price
Base     210 AUD
Oath Kit     105 AUD
Hull Kit     47 AUD
Novelties Kit     70AUD
40mm Cannon     70 AUD
RAMA     79 AUD

ILumkb

Kit      Price
Base     195 SGD
Oath Kit     105 SGD
Hull Kit     53 SGD
Novelties Kit     68 SGD
40mm Cannon     68 SGD
RAMA     84 SGD

Deskhero

Kit      Price
Base      185 CAD
Oath Kit      96 CAD
Hull Kit      48 CAD
Novelties Kit      62 CAD
40mm Cannon      62 CAD
RAMA      77 CAD

Signature
If want to support the set please add this to your forum signature!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104194.0][img height=120]https://i.imgur.com/n2lqLtZ.png[/img][/url]

Thank you to Traveler for this sig!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104194.0][img height=120]https://i.imgur.com/PGQy6q0.png[/img][/url]
The Blue Conspiracy
Please find under "more" the comparison of blues
More
Demon Sword

Rudy

Side by Side

Thanks

I want to give a big thank you to so many people on this for being my first cap set.
Xer for helping my flush out the design and fixing so many mistakes I had made on KLE, RAL and other stances
Seksi and Rensuya for answering all my start up questions when I was first designing on KLE and going forward with the set
Kingk22 for the Amazing renders!
OneCreateiveMind (OCM) for the novelties and the Deskmats!

Updates
8/2/2020 (Ready to dissembark)
GB Date Announced - October 2020
Kits Finalized
Announced Kit pricing!
More
4/11/2020 (Checking the manifest)
Vendor change to TXKeyboards and Proxies added
Finalized most of the Kits
Finalized Deskmats
Added Cable Collab with Zeuscables!
Added RAMA Collab
3/9/2020 (40mm Cannon Ready)
Updated Oathset to V3 (Red F Row Added)
Added 40s Kit Support!
Updated Novelties to V3
Added Vendor Section
Added Discord Link
Added Forum Signature
1/27/2020 (Preparing for the Voyage)
Updated Base kit to V3
Updated Oathset to V2
Updated Novelties to V3
Added Deskmats to the IC (Done by OCM)
Added Oath Set renders on boards
Added Compare photos to Rudy (will add more)
1/14/2020 (Ok Boomer Update)
Added Fixed ISO Support
Added Hiragana as the base kit
Per request in IC added an Oath Themed Set
Added Red Key with White Accent for Mods and Novelties
Had Kingk22 create up to date renders
Added 4x new Novelties
Pretty sure fixed the base kit rows
Updated Remaining Steps List
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 October 2020, 15:58:01 by Raravin »

Offline singabore

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:19:54 »

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:23:33 »
Couple quick comments, one subjective and one objective:

S: the colourway is fine, but I don't think the dark blue legends on mildly dark red keycaps look good. I'd do white on red instead (but WDIKAA).

O: You add ISO support in the base kit... but it's incomplete. Enter and short left Shift are present (good), but two alphas are needed as well, one in R3 and one in R4. The image for the base kit, as it stands now, DOES have a couple keys (\| and #~) that could fit the bill, but they're in R1 and are no good (GMK profile isn't flat). Compatibility is pretty good otherwise.

EDIT: I'd also move the 1.75U Shift key from the Hiraganas kit to the base kit.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:24:20 »
Looking good, my dude! Personally I'd consider using the white for legends on the red accent, as the contrast isn't that great with blue. That said, the blue still works if you prefer it.  ;)

Offline Raravin

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:25:14 »
Couple quick comments, one subjective and one objective:

S: the colourway is fine, but I don't think the dark blue legends on mildly dark red keycaps look good. I'd do white on red instead (but WDIKAA).

O: You add ISO support in the base kit... but it's incomplete. Enter and short left Shift are present (good), but two alphas are needed as well, one in R3 and one in R4. The image for the base kit, as it stands now, DOES have a couple keys (\| and #~) that could fit the bill, but they're in R1 and are no good (GMK profile isn't flat). Compatibility is pretty good otherwise.

Hey thank you I noticed that about the ISO afterwards will do some cleanining up on row wise. Some of it was just some OCD for cleaner shots for renders. But will 100% make sure to get this fix if makes it to production!

Offline vitamilk

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:29:28 »
Going to echo what others have already mentioned: I enjoy this colorway but would much prefer white on red instead of the navy on red for the accents!

Looking forward to seeing this develop.

Offline TheAutoManCan

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 12:27:20 »
This is pretty darn close to Royal Navy. White on red accents would make it a perfect copy. Might want to run it by MechSupply before going too far.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 12:55:11 »
This is pretty darn close to Royal Navy. White on red accents would make it a perfect copy. Might want to run it by MechSupply before going too far.

Holy crap it does look like each other but the colors aren't 1:1 but the idea is the same. I don't really know if something like a copyright exists with GMK sets but i bet some people in the community will go ape because of these things. Looks like a good set though.

« Last Edit: Sun, 12 January 2020, 12:58:12 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Raravin

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 12:57:40 »

Never even heard of it till mentioned. The set for me just has inspiration from a character and not from the set mentioned and clearly defined.

Offline KingKhan57

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 13:25:21 »
Didn’t Rudy just run or something?

Offline megaforce

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 13:28:57 »
i love boats

down arrow caps lock is god awful
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 13:42:53 »
Feels like GMK USA KKona to me LUL

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 14:09:43 »
Didn’t Rudy just run or something?
My exact thoughts

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 19:31:57 »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 22:57:58 »
More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 00:57:19 »
This is vair nice, and I like the blue on red accents a lot. Would prefer shift/caps icons to be center aligned tho for uniformity.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 09:21:30 »
This is vair nice, and I like the blue on red accents a lot. Would prefer shift/caps icons to be center aligned tho for uniformity.

Thank you, and let me look into adjusting that as well. I have been getting mix feeling of the blue on red accents but might be able to work something out for everyone to enjoy :D

Offline Tyson

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 09:40:49 »

Thank you, and let me look into adjusting that as well. I have been getting mix feeling of the blue on red accents but might be able to work something out for everyone to enjoy :D

I agree with Lake, center aligned icon legends just look normal to me now after seeing them on so many sets.

Offline kenkaneki

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:19:07 »
This on primus board would be a deadly combo.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:26:53 »
I mean:

• Royal Navy colorway → DSA and SA Royal Navy, not to mention the Taihao clone in Cherry.
• Royal Navy colorway → Ayanami → GMK Demon Sword.

It's... the same thing.
But hey, GMK Royal Navy crapped out of MOQ almost exactly a year ago,
So let's see how this one goes.

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:29:31 by nguyenhimself »

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 13:00:32 »
this is far too close to Rudy here. You're gonna be stepping on each other's toes, regardless of how soon into the future you plan on running this.

My advice is to change up the colorway, and relaunch the IC, revamped. in fact, if you want to keep it original to the name (demons sword), use the colors on the sword. the red white and grey combo looks pretty sweet.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 13:04:05 »
this is far too close to Rudy here. You're gonna be stepping on each other's toes, regardless of how soon into the future you plan on running this.

My advice is to change up the colorway, and relaunch the IC, revamped. in fact, if you want to keep it original to the name (demons sword), use the colors on the sword. the red white and grey combo looks pretty sweet.

Thank you for the information in regards to Rudy it is something been discussed and will not be changed as it is true to the characters main colors. We will be looking at all other options.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 13:43:56 »

I think the current colorway is fine for the set, it's true to the character, my suggestion would be to just make the base alphas Hiragana sublegend, allowing the set to stay true to it's Country of Origin and to not "step on GMK Rudy's toes" I think just removing the latin alphas would be enough. Just look at GMK Metaverse, it's essentially a WS1 GMK Monochrome duplicate, the only difference is the novelties and the alphas.

Offline HouseOfKeebs

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 14:16:33 »
The colors are nice, but you may be competing with another recent GMK set. Nobody owns a color scheme, but competition and fatigue in the market will exist
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2020, 14:22:13 by HouseOfKeebs »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 15:23:48 »

This is not Rudy.

Rudy is based off some boomer ass football movie and doesn't have red, let along hirgana subs.

DM mods to change your handle to liigma instead of eniigma
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2020, 15:27:14 by megaforce »
More

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 15:30:42 »

This is not Rudy.

Rudy is based off some boomer ass football movie and doesn't have red, let along hirgana subs.

wtfboom :(

Offline zekth

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 15:42:28 »

This is not Rudy.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 15:53:32 »
I mean:

• Royal Navy colorway → DSA and SA Royal Navy, not to mention the Taihao clone in Cherry.
• Royal Navy colorway → Ayanami → GMK Demon Sword.

It's... the same thing.
But hey, GMK Royal Navy crapped out of MOQ almost exactly a year ago,
So let's see how this one goes.

Show Image

i bought into it, was sad it didnt get made :(

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 16:20:54 »
Why is the 1.75u shift not in the base kit? Means no split right shift affecting compatibility with HHKB/65%/75%/1800 layouts

Offline HouseOfKeebs

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 16:45:43 »

This is not Rudy.

The guy said "Boomer", everyone remember to laugh

Offline Raravin

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 16:47:48 »
Why is the 1.75u shift not in the base kit? Means no split right shift affecting compatibility with HHKB/65%/75%/1800 layouts

This will be addressed I fixed it on KLE mid render and forgot to double check for it. sorry about the confusion!

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 18:57:09 »
Ayanami is cute.

This set is also cute.

Sirens who claim this is a threat to GMK Rudy can go sink in the mirror sea for all I care.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:14:46 by Xerpocalypse »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:12:25 »
Ayanami is cute.

This set is also cute.

Boomers who claim this is a threat to GMK Rudy can go sink in the mirror sea for all I care.

Bro better be careful or else the boomers in the gmk rudy/warren (aka donutcat II)  server might brigade gmk darling gb thread kekw

Back to thread topic -- the hiragana subs should be in the base kit; they're one of the defining aspects of gmk ayanami.

Also for those red accent keys -- love the idea, but that blue on red will end up looking like violet tendencies mods. Stick with white legends on red base for those and you'll be gucci.
More

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:16:59 »
Ayanami is cute.

This set is also cute.

Boomers who claim this is a threat to GMK Rudy can go sink in the mirror sea for all I care.

Bro better be careful or else the boomers in the gmk rudy/warren (aka donutcat II)  server might brigade gmk darling gb thread kekw

Back to thread topic -- the hiragana subs should be in the base kit; they're one of the defining aspects of gmk ayanami.

Ah yea true. I've since changed the phrasing a bit to "Sirens" since they also tend to be treacherous.

Also yes, +1 for subs in the base kit

Offline Raravin

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 07:20:18 »
Will reply here we have some updates coming already to fix some of the issues that have arisen.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 08:26:05 »
I'm definitely going to watch this closely. I've been wanting an ocean-themed GMK set with Hiragana alphas; previously I was thinking about buying two or three different GMK kits and mashing them together. But although it's not exactly ocean-themed, this one Demon Sword kit might be enough to satisfy my needs if it goes to GB.

Some novelty suggestions: a keycap with a side-profile silhouette of the irl Ayanami destroyer would look really cool. I'm not sure how easy or difficult that would be to produce.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 14:17:36 »
I like the blue on red, but I would prefer hiragana alpha instead of alphas with hiragana sublegends.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 January 2020, 16:44:08 by d00deitsnik »

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword (1/14/20 Render and Kit Update)
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 16:40:28 »
Created update

Added Fixed ISO Support
    Added 4x new Novelties

Offline d00deitsnik

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 16:48:16 »
Created update

Added Fixed ISO Support
    Added 4x new Novelties

Oath Set looks pretty spiffy. It looks like it's missing the 1u pipe/backslash tho.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 18:18:45 »
F5-f8 seems forgotten about.

Also double accents is a waste of keys. I'd remove blue on red personally.
Not interested in the set, so do what you want, just offering feedback. :)

Offline Raravin

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 07:08:03 »
F5-f8 seems forgotten about.

Also double accents is a waste of keys. I'd remove blue on red personally.
Not interested in the set, so do what you want, just offering feedback. :)

Oops that looks like was just a mishap on the render from old build. Will be fixed in final thank you!

Offline megaforce

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 16:35:43 »
Looking good champ
More

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:41:41 »
Nice base  ;)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:44:53 »
That's a aircraft carrier-sized base kit. Dunno if I really would like to pay for two sets of accent keys, unless I'm missing something.

Offline ryu23

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:49:19 »
LOVE THIS!!! Sign me up

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:50:10 »
What's with the R2 2u backspace? Is it for some weird ortho layout or something?

Offline Raravin

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 17:51:33 »
That's a aircraft carrier-sized base kit. Dunno if I really would like to pay for two sets of accent keys, unless I'm missing something.

Right now it is a mix of ideas / feedbacks I am still split on the blue on red and white on red.

What's with the R2 2u backspace? Is it for some weird ortho layout or something?

Just a spacing by the looks will fix on future renders for final.

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:04:34 »

Thank you for the information in regards to Rudy it is something been discussed and will not be changed as it is true to the characters main colors. We will be looking at all other options.

lol

Offline megaforce

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:14:52 »

lol

lmao

https://old.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/enq5ku/ic_gmk_demon_sword/feengja/

Keep the warren brigade coming; we love a good laughing stock in the various MK discords  c:

mjPopcorn.gif
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:21:21 by megaforce »
More

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:15:19 »
Oh good, we were going far too long without another "these colors belong to me" discussion!

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #50 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:22:36 »
ayyyy set looks amazing man love the colors

Glad you got someone good to do the novelties and didn't just dump them like a chump or do any shady copying

day one buy

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 20:20:48 »
I like the oath set a lot.

Offline 002 DC

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 20:26:36 »
:PepeSugoi:

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 20:32:18 »
good set, please consider using v2 hiragana sublegends

Offline Raravin

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 20:35:21 »
good set, please consider using v2 hiragana sublegends

Yeah I just realized I missed the numrow and have fixed this waiting for when I make next wave of renders!.

Offline d00deitsnik

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 01:40:39 »
I guess I'll ask one more time, but any plans to include support for split backspace in the Oath Kit? :D

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 02:23:37 »
Hey, love what you're doing with this IC and how open-minded you are to feedback.

My preference was for latin legends in base kit as it provides a clean look that ties in with the simplicity of colours with subs as an add-on kit, but can understand why you chose subs for the theme.

However, 'double-subs' on numrow and other keys I feel would make it too busy and overall detract the feel of the set. Just my 2 cents though, as I basically hate it on almost every set :p

Offline Traveler

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 12:26:12 »
Also double accents is a waste of keys.

I kinda agree. Having both is nice, but if the price is noticeably cheaper by removing one set I'd happily make that sacrifice.

However, 'double-subs' on numrow and other keys I feel would make it too busy and overall detract the feel of the set. Just my 2 cents though, as I basically hate it on almost every set :p

I think a lot of people feel that way, but funny enough I'm one of the few that feel the opposite. Having all of the alphas with Hiragana except for the top row feels weird to me. I'd rather it be all or nothing.

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 12:48:42 »

I think a lot of people feel that way, but funny enough I'm one of the few that feel the opposite. Having all of the alphas with Hiragana except for the top row feels weird to me. I'd rather it be all or nothing.

Yeah the Mito-ized hiragana subs are something I'm not a fan of either. Dropping essential punctuation and language symbols for 'aesthetics' feels wrong.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 13:28:01 »
Also double accents is a waste of keys.

I kinda agree. Having both is nice, but if the price is noticeably cheaper by removing one set I'd happily make that sacrifice.

So the reason right now for double accent is the talks with the SA  Royal Navy Creator and waiting to see how it goes. If get the all clear will be some changes. In regards to the double sub they are added for the future renders so keep an eye out will be a big update when I push all the changes I have in mind.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 14:52:53 »

Sorry for not clarifying, but I was referring to the top right legends seen on sets like GMK Serika

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 07:53:57 »
I've taken a look at the updated base kit. Other than the incomplete English (UK) support (something I'll never like), a couple errors caught my attention:

233866-0

1) You have two R1 `~ keys, both alpha-colored; the second one should be mod-colored (in keeping with the habit of providing corner alpha keys in both colors).

2) The alpha-colored R2 1.5U \| key and its corresponding alpha-colored R1 analog have their hiragana (this is correct), but the mod-colored R2 1.5U \| does not have it (and it should).

2a) Note that the R4 \| key does not have it AND THAT IS CORRECT and a Hiragana symbol shouldn't be added at all in this one key.

HTH!

Offline Quinella

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 09:27:06 »
If we're talking about the origin of the sets inspiration shouldnt this be Chinese sublegends instead of japanese

:sips:

Offline Raravin

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 19:44:52 »
I've taken a look at the updated base kit. Other than the incomplete English (UK) support (something I'll never like), a couple errors caught my attention:

(Attachment Link)

1) You have two R1 `~ keys, both alpha-colored; the second one should be mod-colored (in keeping with the habit of providing corner alpha keys in both colors).

2) The alpha-colored R2 1.5U \| key and its corresponding alpha-colored R1 analog have their hiragana (this is correct), but the mod-colored R2 1.5U \| does not have it (and it should).

2a) Note that the R4 \| key does not have it AND THAT IS CORRECT and a Hiragana symbol shouldn't be added at all in this one key.

Thank you for the awesome feedback I will look into it and make sure it is fixed before Final Renders!
HTH!

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword (1/27/20 Deskmats and more Renders!)
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 12:32:21 »
Updates
  • Updated Base kit to V3
  • Updated Oathset to V2
  • Updated Novelties to V3
  • Added Deskmats to the IC (Done by OCM)
  • Added Oath Set renders on boards
  • Added Compare photos to Rudy (will add more) 

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 16:11:34 »
Updates
  • Updated Base kit to V3
  • Updated Oathset to V2

I noticed that these new renders have the old-style hiragana sublegends. Other than that, good-looking renders

Offline Raravin

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 17:02:19 »
Updates
  • Updated Base kit to V3
  • Updated Oathset to V2

I noticed that these new renders have the old-style hiragana sublegends. Other than that, good-looking renders

So there has some debate and still conversation about the num row 2nd sub legends so for now leaving it out as get some more feedback and debate.

Offline vitamilk

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 17:08:21 »
I don't think I'll ever be able to stop reading that deskmat as "Minayaa" every time I see it... But the set is looking great!

Offline Traveler

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 17:12:15 »
Hurray for an update! I didn't realize how much I was anticipating this set until things got silent for a few days lol.

I'm not much of a deskmat guy, but those are looking good.

I guess you heard back from the dudes at UK Keycaps? I see that the base kit doesn't have any more blue-on-red keys. The novelty kit still has them though.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 18:10:11 »
Hurray for an update! I didn't realize how much I was anticipating this set until things got silent for a few days lol.

I'm not much of a deskmat guy, but those are looking good.

I guess you heard back from the dudes at UK Keycaps? I see that the base kit doesn't have any more blue-on-red keys. The novelty kit still has them though.

Not fully yet I am fully prepared to update again so I am not to chase anyone out. He is still on vacation but for now showing it as is so he can fully see what I plan on making. Will make seal of approval or denial an entire update itself.

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword (1/29/20 TKC Vendor!)
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 06:48:54 »
Update for 1/29/29

We have officially gotten TKC will run the set!

Offline Novafish

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 23:54:28 »
oath kit to include red keys that replace the white F keys?

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 01:33:51 »

yeah this is a must.

Offline ymaaan

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 07:53:29 »
Is there already a target date on which this set will run?

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 13:14:03 »

yeah this is a must.

This would be great. White F keys with oath kit looks a bit weird. Already all in on all kits though!

Offline Ultimatum

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 07:10:49 »
Latin alpha plz~ :'(

Offline CrispFunk

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 01:34:38 »
I would love if I can get a novelty promise ring or something to signify that I oath'd her.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 18:17:43 »
Any news? It's been about a month since the last update.

Offline ever9415

• EVER STORY
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 07:20:45 »
If GB starts, I will participate.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2020, 21:58:36 by ever9415 »

Offline Raravin

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 17:41:48 »
Any news? It's been about a month since the last update.

If GB starts, he will participate.

Im actually about to post an update soon keep an eye out. Lowkey where did you get that banner though I was about to post one and those are way better then what I posted lol

Offline Traveler

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 18:11:03 »
Lowkey where did you get that banner though I was about to post one and those are way better then what I posted lol

I'm so hyped for this set that I made it myself lol. I popped into Photoshop, traced the Demon Sword icon, and took one of the render images you put in the original post.

Thanks for the compliments! Feel free to use it however you wish, or if you publish an official banner I'll gladly switch over to that.

Offline Raravin

• Updated Oathset to V3 (Red F Row Added)
  • Added 40s Kit Support!
  • Added Vendor Section
  • Added Discord Link
  • Added Forum Signature

Apologize for the MIA on this, was waiting on some renders before posting the latest update and looking at feedback. Dont worry the set will be made just working out small details on the backend!

Offline Zephyraeon

• Added 40s Kit Support!
  • Added Vendor Section
  • Added Discord Link
  • Added Forum Signature

Apologize for the MIA on this, was waiting on some renders before posting the latest update and looking at feedback. Dont worry the set will be made just working out small details on the backend!

I was hoping the added F keys in the Oath Kit would be F1-4 and F9-12 because white F keys with red alphas looks weird to me. Red F5-8 doesn’t solve that problem :(

Offline Raravin

• Added 40s Kit Support!
  • Added Vendor Section
  • Added Discord Link
  • Added Forum Signature

I was hoping the added F keys in the Oath Kit would be F1-4 and F9-12 because white F keys with red alphas looks weird to me. Red F5-8 doesn’t solve that problem :(

It is something where we might end up into the oath kit becomes close to as expensive if not very close to base kit with all the keys added. Swapped the blue at least to make it more even.

Offline Raravin

• Added 40s Kit Support!
  • Added Vendor Section
  • Added Discord Link
  • Added Forum Signature

It is something where we might end up into the oath kit becomes close to as expensive if not very close to base kit with all the keys added. Swapped the blue at least to make it more even.

Offline TsuyuuRX

I'm not really a huge fan of the hiragana sublegends, there's no way you can offer alpha kit with just the regular english legends?

Offline Raravin

I'm not really a huge fan of the hiragana sublegends, there's no way you can offer alpha kit with just the regular english legends?

Sadly they were originally offered but there was "issues" with Rudy where we removed to to help qualm those waters.

Offline OtherAndrew

Was there a decision made on what hiragana sublegends were going to be used?

Offline Raravin

Was there a decision made on what hiragana sublegends were going to be used?

What do you mean? There was discussions in discords with a strawpoll to not include the "double sublegends" on say the numrow

Offline Raravin

Updated discord link https://discord.gg/SRjZqr2 - Shouldnt expire now

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Base (Updated V3)
Show Image

There's a duplicate R3 1.75u Caps Lock key in the base kit. I'm assuming one of them is supposed to be Control.

I suggest using R3 \|, R4 <> instead of R3 #~, R4 \| (incomplete ISO-UK) for the ISO keys.

Super is cool, but have you considered our lord and savior, System?

Rest of the kit looks good.

Spacebar
Show Image

The 6.25u and 7u white spacebars are duplicates of the ones in the base kit. How about replacing them with a 6u centered stem spacebar?

I don't think two 2u spacebars are necessary. One should be enough.

Consider dropping the two 1.75u spacebars. They're only used on two or three 40% customs, which, iirc, are quite rare to boot.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 March 2020, 18:29:56 by constexpr »

Offline Raravin

Base (Updated V3)
Show Image

There's a duplicate R3 1.75u Caps Lock key in the base kit. I'm assuming one of them is supposed to be Control.

I suggest using R3 \|, R4 <> instead of R3 #~, R4 \| (incomplete ISO-UK) for the ISO keys.

Super is cool, but have you considered our lord and savior, System?

Rest of the kit looks good.

Spacebar
Show Image

The 6.25u and 7u white spacebars are duplicates of the ones in the base kit. How about replacing them with a 6u centered stem spacebar?

I don't think two 2u spacebars are necessary. One should be enough.

Consider dropping the two 1.75u spacebars. They're only used on two or three 40% customs, which, iirc, are quite rare to boot.

SO one of the 6u is centered in the spacebar kit just was not label properly. I can get that fixed and will look at the Base kit as well. And think I did 2 to closely match the 40s kit. But will look what I based it off of. Thank you!
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2020, 06:38:44 by Raravin »

Offline Michalka

This set would look so good with my homelander canoe

Offline freespam

I want antenna novelties  :)

Offline Raravin

Closest thing I thought would be cool is the "ear" one with each of her ear ona keycap

Offline CrispFunk

Closest thing I thought would be cool is the "ear" one with each of her ear ona keycap
Give me an oath ring :>

Offline tofulo

reminds me of gundam, which I love

Offline Ramzh

I need more Azur Lane keycaps...

Offline FullSend

Great job on the kit - Definitely looking forward to joining this one!

Offline freespam

What I meant to say in my last post is.  I love the set, but it'd feel incomplete without 1.25 and 1.5 antenna novelties.    ;D

Offline ryou965

I like your waifu

Offline digid3ar

loved how clean is the set, then saw the anime, could we add a sword to the 40s kit??

Offline Scucka

I love this set but somehow it reminds me of the metaverse set lol

Offline Fklr

I find this set really awesome :thumb: I applied for the first time.

Offline harusame

I was amazed seen an Azure Lane topic keycap set on GH. But to be honest , although I don't play Azure Lane , I still like this character "Ayanami" verrrrrrry much !  No doubt I'll support this and hope it could be available on group buy ASAP.

Offline Raravin

I find this set really awesome :thumb: I applied for the first time.

I was amazed seen an Azure Lane topic keycap set on GH. But to be honest , although I don't play Azure Lane , I still like this character "Ayanami" verrrrrrry much !  No doubt I'll support this and hope it could be available on group buy ASAP.

Thank you!

In regards to group buy I am working out details and hammering out the date as soon as possible to be updated to everyone!

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword (4/11/2020 New Vendors, Updated Kits, RAMA, Cable)
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 18:38:29 »
Updates
4/11/2020 (Checking the manifest)
Vendor change to TXKeyboards and Proxies added
Finalized most of the Kits
Finalized Deskmats
Added Cable Collab with Zeuscables!
Added RAMA Collab

Offline nettoxx7

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 19:08:31 »
This looks so good, definitely picking up the base and oath set. Any finalized date of release or pricing?

Thank you

Offline Raravin

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 19:13:01 »
This looks so good, definitely picking up the base and oath set. Any finalized date of release or pricing?

Thank you

Nothing yet, more then likely after getting the final renders and kit finalized I can submit to vendor to try to get pricing!

Offline Ultimatum

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 19:58:43 »
I’m waiting. ;)

Offline Raravin

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 09:08:04 »
Added RAMA Images and all Kits should be Final!

Offline Ramzh

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 13:58:05 »
Added RAMA Images and all Kits should be Final!

Looks gorgeous! Can't wait for the GB!

P.S. Also Oathed her recently! Perfect to celebrate!

Offline freespam

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 17:14:15 »
So is there any chance of 1.25, 1.5 antenna (wing?) novelties?  (I mean the 1u in the bottom right novelties)  It's my favorite novelty along with the sword

Offline Traveler

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 17:57:26 »
I'm really glad the white-icon mat made it to finals! It was by far my favorite. That's a nice RAMA cap too.

On the topic of novelties, I have some opinions/questions too. The F keys in that kit are the only keys in the entire GMK Demon Sword series that have red on blue. They don't match anything else. It makes more sense to me to either remove them, make them blue legends on white (an alternative that match the base), or make them white legends on red (to match the oath kit). I'm probably just overlooking something though.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 20:38:41 »
So is there any chance of 1.25, 1.5 antenna (wing?) novelties?  (I mean the 1u in the bottom right novelties)  It's my favorite novelty along with the sword

Sadly there wasnt, didnt seem to  be very requested and with the bigger space for the "ears" it didnt look that well.

I'm really glad the white-icon mat made it to finals! It was by far my favorite. That's a nice RAMA cap too.

On the topic of novelties, I have some opinions/questions too. The F keys in that kit are the only keys in the entire GMK Demon Sword series that have red on blue. They don't match anything else. It makes more sense to me to either remove them, make them blue legends on white (an alternative that match the base), or make them white legends on red (to match the oath kit). I'm probably just overlooking something though.

The F row was actually a request by a few people when it was removed from the OG renders forever ago. So I decided to re add it to the novelties kit/

Offline Traveler

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 21:06:38 »
The F row was actually a request by a few people when it was removed from the OG renders forever ago. So I decided to re add it to the novelties kit/

Ooohh. If it was requested by people then that's a good place for it, yep.

Offline heartbreak

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 05:36:03 »
I wonder how this would look like on space65 ocean/blue
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2020, 05:46:46 by heartbreak »

Offline pom_

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 04:21:50 »
Top tier shipgirl. Keeping my eye on this one, best of luck!

Offline zzkhan1996

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 12:07:30 »
Can you consider talking to Zfrontier if they want to distribute this set? It would be a lot easier for me and others Vietnamese to get this set since zfrontier is in China. The price would jack up a lot due to tariff and deliveries fee if this set is bought in Ilumkb

Offline 10peaches

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 18:43:52 »
Extra B in 40s kit for Alice Compatibility, please! Maybe I have missed it but I don’t see it in the renders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spicemaster

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 22:50:54 »

Hope this keyset goes to Group Buy so I can try this+Ocean Space65 combo out :)

Offline Tyson

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 10:24:24 »

Hope this keyset goes to Group Buy so I can try this+Ocean Space65 combo out :)

They have a date and vendors set up for it, so it's definitely going to GB! :D

Offline Traveler

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:16:34 »
They have a date and vendors set up for it, so it's definitely going to GB! :D

I don't think they have an exact date date, and Q4 is pretty far out. Not to mention vendors have changed in the past. So "definitely" might be a bit optimistic.

But at the rate things are going I expect this set will probably run smoothly. Lots of hard work has been put into it. It's just always healthy to remember the risks of ICs/GBs. Anything could happen.

Offline war40ck

• Sadge
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 16:38:58 »
Will be waiting for this set, looks great
Tell me why...

Offline nubsoffury

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 23:09:29 »
This is a great set. I've been waiting for a new cap set and this one ticks all the boxes.

Offline baammm

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 00:01:07 »
Colors really remind me of Tommy Hilfiger.

Offline zzkhan1996

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:18:04 »
Really looking for this set, sadly it's  not distribute by Zfrontier.  Another set that I can't get

Offline Kyuuri117

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 15:22:02 »
Hey, been pretty quiet this last month, any updates on this?

Offline Traveler

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 19:30:41 »

Last I heard the next proper update is expected in August.

The Discord is a bit more active than this thread. Official updates are usually posted both here and there, but there's some extra teases and discussions happen in the Discord.

Offline resonantarchitect

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 13:25:17 »
Gonna have to watch this now that I know it exists. Albeit unrelated, seems like the closest thing I'll get to an RX-78 keycap set.

Offline korea

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:30:21 »
이런 이런 상도덕이 없구먼  :(
May

Offline Raravin

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 10:18:22 »

Hi sorry for the lack of updates its sadly a dead period while finer details get hashed but set will be running 100% GB date and pricing announced around august!

Offline Shiro

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 23:37:21 »
like the colors sad to see no second B for Alice support

Offline wolfez4444

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 17:22:12 »
Damn amazing!

Offline Varus27

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 23:23:54 »
I created an account on here just to comment, but this is amazing. Only thing I would change is the down arrow for the caps lock, but that is just my opinion. Either way, my wallet is ready when this gets ready for GB. Love the game so this was a nice find, maybe do Prinz next!

Offline ecbob

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 17:05:18 »
What's the novelty artist's contact details?

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword - GB OCTOBER 2020 & PRICING!
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 19:55:41 »
Updates
Kits Finalized
Announced Kit pricing!

Offline 10peaches

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 20:28:42 »
Am I blind? I can’t see a second B in any of the kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Raravin

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 20:30:30 »
There is sadly no second be for the Alice support was honestly something I fully oversighted till after wards sorry D:

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 20:38:37 »
I've been following this IC since it was first posted with the intention of buying every single kit, but now I've seen how these have been finalised I'm feeling very penalised by wanting to get everything. There are 3 colours in this set, and through buying all the kits I would end up with 4 6.25u spacebars, 3 sets of split spacebars, 2 full backspaces? The kit design needs some rework otherwise certain kits just aren't worth buying.

Issues I've noticed:
2* identical 2u backspace in base kit?
No mod coloured r1 1u \ key
6.25u red spacebar in both oath set and spacebar kit
White split spacebars in both 40s kit and spacebar kit
Single 6.25u blue spacebar in spacebar kit
Only one 6u spacebar (is this centered or off center? different boards are compatible with each variation)

Nice to haves:
No alice B despite having 3 complete sets of split spacebar.

My suggestions:
Move red 6.25u and 7u spacebars to base kit and remove from spacebar/oath kit
Remove second 2u backspace from basekit and replace with mod colours r1 pipe key
Remove white split space from spacebar kit
Add 7u blue spacebar or remove 6.25u blue spacebar from spacebar kit
Add second 6u white spacebar to spacebar kit (so you have both centered and offcentered)
(Optional) Add 2* 6u red spacebars to spacebar kit
(Optional) Add second B to either spacebar kit or 40s kit

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 03:07:35 »
I've been following this IC since it was first posted with the intention of buying every single kit, but now I've seen how these have been finalised I'm feeling very penalised by wanting to get everything. There are 3 colours in this set, and through buying all the kits I would end up with 4 6.25u spacebars, 3 sets of split spacebars, 2 full backspaces? The kit design needs some rework otherwise certain kits just aren't worth buying.

Issues I've noticed:
2* identical 2u backspace in base kit?
No mod coloured r1 1u \ key
6.25u red spacebar in both oath set and spacebar kit
White split spacebars in both 40s kit and spacebar kit
Single 6.25u blue spacebar in spacebar kit
Only one 6u spacebar (is this centered or off center? different boards are compatible with each variation)

Nice to haves:
No alice B despite having 3 complete sets of split spacebar.

My suggestions:
Move red 6.25u and 7u spacebars to base kit and remove from spacebar/oath kit
Remove second 2u backspace from basekit and replace with mod colours r1 pipe key
Remove white split space from spacebar kit
Add 7u blue spacebar or remove 6.25u blue spacebar from spacebar kit
Add second 6u white spacebar to spacebar kit (so you have both centered and offcentered)
(Optional) Add 2* 6u red spacebars to spacebar kit
(Optional) Add second B to either spacebar kit or 40s kit

There's a lot to raise your eyebrows concerning the kitting, bit it looks like it done the way it is so you can fill 2 boards with out compromising on things like split backspace and some other things. Novelties gives it away, bold choice.

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 03:08:38 »
Also no one really offers mod colored r1 pipe anymore

Offline Raravin

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 08:56:42 »
Yes the original idea was base and alphas can fill most 2 keyboards without having to compromise this was the goal originally when offering plain alphas and hiragana. With the conversion to straight hiragana I wanted to carry that same theme over to the Oath kit.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 07:16:17 »
Looking forward to October. Will be grabbing Base, Oath, and Novelties.

Thank you for your support!

Offline uxxsam

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 00:29:21 »
Looks great! I’m in for sure

Offline Drakenocas

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword (acrylic board)
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 00:45:25 »
Can anyone tell me what the acrylic board or case with the southpaw numb pad is up there? 

Really like this set. It's an interesting color scheme. 

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword (acrylic board)
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 01:56:39 »
Can anyone tell me what the acrylic board or case with the southpaw numb pad is up there? 

Really like this set. It's an interesting color scheme.

If you're talking about the Bocc, then those are the function keys not a numpad. It's a 70% and that is in polycarbonate.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline Drakenocas

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 02:17:02 »
Thanks you.

Offline ansgarH

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 18:26:25 »
any way we can get an iso de kit for those?! they look so awesome.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 07:24:21 »
Updates
Kits Finalized
Announced Kit pricing!

The kits are good for the most part, barring a few small oversights. Kitting is final though, so that's that.

However, one thing that can still be fixed without affecting final pricing/quotes are the legends. I say this because some of the Japanese sublegends used in this set are incorrect.

A bit of background as to why it's possible to fix the legends even at this point: During the Yugo IC/GB, we were able to change one of the legends that was incorrect way after we had finalized the kits (we realized too late that it was incorrect). FaKe_VirTual recently did the same with GMK Sumi, fixing several Japanese sublegends that were off (similar to this set). As long as it isn't adding or removing keys, changing their sizes, or introducing new legend molds, the quotes are still valid and GMK are very open to discussing changes like that, since, at the end of the day, it results in a better product for the customer.

Now, what exactly is wrong with the legends in GMK Demon Sword?
  • The R3 #~ and R4 \| ISO keys in Base are missing their sublegends.
    • These are supposed to be R3 and R4 , respectively. Examples: GMK Bentō R2, GMK βeta, GMK Deku, kana sublegends reference.
    • In addition, since you are offering just basic ISO compatibility, you can use R3 \|, R4 <> instead of R3 #~, R4 \|, for consistency.
    • In summary, you have two options:
      • keep primary legends as is, just add sublegends: R3 #~む, R4 \|ろ (like GMK Deku);
      • change primary legends and add sublegends: R3 \|む, R4 <>ろ (like GMK Bentō R2 and GMK βeta).

• Unfortunately, the Oath kit is missing the R3 ISO key altogether, but this probably can't be helped at this point.
    • Since Oath can't be used with ISO at all for this reason, the best you can do at this point is to change the otherwise useless R4 \|む key to an Alice second Bこ.
    • A second B is currently missing from the set altogether, as others have pointed out. This way it will at least be present in one of the kits.
    • In summary, change R4 \|む to Bこ in the Oath kit.

• The set is inconsistent in its use of quaternary (top-right) sublegends.
    • The most important quaternary sublegends, the ones on the number row, E and Z keys, are missing; yet the less important ones on the punctuation keys (「 」。、・) are included.
    • If you chose not to use quaternary sublegends in this set for aesthetic reasons, please make the set visually consistent by removing the ones on the punctuation keys as well.
    • In summary, remove the top-right sublegends from the following keys, in both the Base and Oath kits: [{, ]}, ,<, .>, /?.
In the end, you should end up with legends and sublegends like in this reference image. Naturally, molds for all of the legends mentioned here already exist.

Again, communicating this with GMK shouldn't be a problem and should not affect the existing pricing. Let me know if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 September 2020, 14:08:17 by konstantin »

Offline engyshow

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 16:03:25 »
I'm in! :D

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword - GB in 4 Days - Pricing Finalizzed
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 17:24:16 »
Updates
9/27/2020 (Raising the Anchor)
Prices Finalized
MOQ Placed on IC
Added TX66 Renders

Offline crzone

Re: Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword - GB in 4 Days - Pricing Finalized
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 04:15:11 »
As an owner of DSA Royal Navy and SA Royal Navy, I'm considering getting this, especially since GMK Royal Navy did not happen.

Offline Varus27

Re: Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword - GB in 4 Days - Pricing Finalized
« Reply #154 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 12:10:31 »
Just put in my order, super excited and good luck!

Offline Krolyk

Re: [IC] GMK Demon Sword - GB in 4 Days - Pricing Finalized
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 13:41:04 »
take my money

Offline Ramzh

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 06:06:25 »
Any update on this?

It's Jan  2022....

Got mines from mykeyboard EU and still says on pending...

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 06:10:19 »
Any update on this?

It's Jan  2022....

Check the GB thread for updates. IC threads stop being updated as soon as the set goes live.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 11:34:02 »
Any update on this?

It's Jan  2022....

Keep an eye on the Mekibo website. They were the USA vendor. They have a page for the status of group buys and it’s updated fairly regularly. The page was recently updated saying that the keyset is still stuck in queue for production and that current estimates are that it’ll finish production sometime in Q2.