Author Topic: Anime Thread  (Read 386207 times)

Offline Xenderwind

Re: Anime Thread
« Reply #850 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 14:47:25 »
also, just starting the second arc of sao, which, from what I've heard, is worse. Would you recommend log horizon?

Everyone I know who watched both says log horizon is so much better.  I've seen sao s1 and it was alright but definitely won't be bothering with the second season.
just started watching anime. Thought it be good to start with 2 poplar ones, Attack on Titan, which was great , and Sword Art Online, which just may be one of my favorite shows of all time :D

bye
I feeel orgazm when looking to ur avatar, tell me the name plz <3

Mari "Numba1pilot" Illustrious Makinami
You mispelled  kone megane.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #851 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 14:48:42 »
You're right, I did misspell "Best Girl"
I love Elzy

Offline caesar

« Reply #852 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 15:11:21 »
hmm cant find, may be u know japanese name

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #853 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 15:12:32 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #854 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 15:13:48 »
真希波 マリ イラストリアス
I love Elzy

Offline caesar

« Reply #855 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 15:44:42 »
Evangelion !1112122 ty

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #856 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 02:20:10 »

**** asuka

episode 25 26 were awesome

Agreed. I always wished they would make a spin off based on his fantasy world :'(  I just wanted them to be happy... a romance comedy of their high school life and love triangle... I want it...
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 02:21:46 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #857 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 02:22:00 »

**** asuka

Show Image

Agreed. I always wished they would make a spin off based on his fantasy world :'(

r u riding his bologna pony
I love Elzy

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #858 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 02:34:42 »

**** asuka

Show Image

Agreed. I always wished they would make a spin off based on his fantasy world :'(

r u riding his bologna pony

Whose? If Shinji, no. If Kaoru, yes.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #859 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 03:01:15 »
Rewatched the Read or Die OVAs the other day.

Sooo good.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #860 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 03:06:58 »

Sooo good.

True modern classic! The series is good too. Not as good as the OVA but still good, and a sequel to the OVA.

Yomiko Readman 4 life. I remember watching this back in 2001-2002 for the first time. The opening scene when she goes book shopping is still one of my fav's, and the sound track is still awesome.

The piano cover at the end too is so good but never released officially :(

I get by with these short videos.

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 03:25:08 by VesperSAINT »

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #861 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 03:22:07 »

Sooo good.

True modern classic! The series is good too. Not as good as the OVA but still good, and a sequel to the OVA.

Yomiko Readman 4 life. I remember watching this back in 2001-2002 for the first time. The opening scene when she goes book shopping is still one of my fav's, and the sound track is still awesome.

Oh yeah, love the series too, but the OVAs have a special charm.
That is to say, Yomiko is just the cutest.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #862 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 03:25:27 »
Oh yeah, love the series too, but the OVAs have a special charm.
That is to say, Yomiko is just the cutest.

She most definitely is.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #863 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 03:32:43 »
Wow, I'm actually surprised that I can't find the soundtrack uploaded to any of my usual places.
I'll just have to buy it and rip it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 03:35:34 by StylinGreymon »

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #864 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 04:58:19 »
Any love for anime music, aside from R.O.D?

I fell in love with Yuki Kajiura after watching Noir and El Cazador de la Bruja.
Everything she touches is gold.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #865 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 13:38:00 »
Wow, I'm actually surprised that I can't find the soundtrack uploaded to any of my usual places.
I'll just have to buy it and rip it.

I fell in love with Yuki Kajiura after watching Noir and El Cazador de la Bruja.
Everything she touches is gold.
Pm'd.  And I listen to way more anime/tohou/vocaloid music than I should.  I think a big reason I enjoy it so much is because at least for anime music I can hear an insert song or OP/ED and associate it with an anime I've watched so I get a kinda special feeling every time  I listen to them.  That and as dumb as it sounds I can play games/talk with people and not worry about overlapping conversation with lyrics.  Since I can't understand Japanese I focus more on the game and still get to enjoy the music.

Looks like Yuki Kajiura worked on a lot of things I've seen and enjoyed so far.  Ufotable works, madoka stuff, and aldnoah zero to name a few.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #866 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 14:34:52 »
Looks like Yuki Kajiura worked on a lot of things I've seen and enjoyed so far.  Ufotable works, madoka stuff, and aldnoah zero to name a few.
She did a lot of work for the dot Hack series' under her FictionJunction persona, and on Madoka, under the name Kalafina, if you've seen any of those.
She's quite prolific.
These are two of my favorites by her, though like I said, she can do no wrong by me:

I also quite like the artist May'n, after hearing her on the OP of Shangri-La (an anime I recommend purely on the strength of Range Murata's character design)
I think she has a very strong voice, which makes her fairly distinct from the reedy-sounding vocals you can get from a lot of other Jpop.

From Psycho Pass' OP, I discovered Rin To****e Shigure, a really frenetic progressive rock band:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #867 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 14:44:43 »
100 percent Touhou, occasionally PMMM ost and I ****ing love the Raildex ost. I have fill gits collection and Evangelion collection as well.

also yes I love kalafina
I love Elzy

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #868 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 16:07:56 »
I really liked the music from Haibane Renmei. The entire soundtrack is wonderful (if only it were for sale anywhere....) Lastpilot can back me up on this. This is partly why it's one of my fav. animes.

Here's the ending theme for people who like lyrics and stuff

For more "modern" sounding stuff, I rather liked the music from angel beats (here's the one with the most views I could find.)

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #869 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 16:15:20 »
Haibane Renmei good. Same people who did Lain. ROD is nice too :)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #870 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 16:25:36 »
Decretum's gotta be my favourite Kajiura Yuki. ****ing hate Sayaka as a character but god damn her theme.

I'm also fond of Iuchi Maiko as stated, Raildex OST too good.
I love Elzy

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #871 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 16:32:20 »
I really liked the music from Haibane Renmei. The entire soundtrack is wonderful (if only it were for sale anywhere....) Lastpilot can back me up on this. This is partly why it's one of my fav. animes.

Yep, Haibane Renmei takes the cake for anime soundtracks. 11/10 No series I've watched has ever come close to it in terms of music.

The anime itself has rightfully earned the soundtrack, delivering meaningful messages with beautiful light colors detailed backgrounds. Haibane Renmei demands authenticity, avoiding typical anime over-emphasis and pursuing thoughtful, unique, and relatable plot devices. The series feels intellectually sophisticated while also either mercilessly grappling at your emotions or carrying an air of lightheartedness that feels like a perfect summer day. :]

Edit: Oh dorkvader, here's a link http://www.amazon.com/Haibane-Renmei-Ko-Otani/dp/B00007KKTP/ref=pd_sim_sbs_m_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0TSQ29W71Z8XTTEKFVS2
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 16:38:03 by Lastpilot »

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #872 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 16:37:11 »
100 percent Touhou, occasionally PMMM ost and I ****ing love the Raildex ost. I have fill gits collection and Evangelion collection as well.

also yes I love kalafina
Evangelion's music was weird but very fitting.
I don't get why they used a James Bond theme though.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #873 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 16:57:02 »
Psycho-Pass had some very fun, distinctive music.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #874 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:02:41 »
She did a lot of work for the dot Hack series' under her FictionJunction persona, and on Madoka, under the name Kalafina, if you've seen any of those.
She's quite prolific.

Oh I didn't know she was part of fiction junction yuuka or kalafina.  I've actually had silly go round downloaded for a while after i found it on some youtube playlist (never seen a .hack anime).  Kalafina is one of the reasons I love aldnoah and f/z so much.  Their music has a certain....vibe to it that I can't describe.

As with dork I really liked the music from angel beats.  But I think that's because I like jrock with female vocals.  I can't tell you how many times I've listened to the gldemo album on my commutes to/from campus.

Which is why I also loved the songs from Haruhi even though I never watched it.

Though one of my favorite from an ost is from katanagatari

and the most epic battle theme I've ever heard

edit: and idk about the whole ost but I remember liking the op/ed's in a lot of the raildex series.  I loved when the final episodes would play them during the fights.  It would get me so hyped up and excited.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:07:21 by Xenderwind »

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #875 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:23:28 »
Probably my guiltiest anime music pleasure, this song.
Hated the anime, but I love this single.

Couldn't find a better version, so enjoy this AMV:

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #876 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 20:14:35 »
Oh, I almost forgot!

I never watched it, but my brother got the OST for X back in middle school and played the heck out of it. I'm told the anime wasn't too great, but they had some sweet music for it!

Here's another track. I tried to convince the band to play this at a concert (we couldn't find the music arrangement and arranging it from scratch would have taken too much time)

As far as "battle music" (other than the above) I also enjoy Emiya's themesong from fate/stay night. Whenever you hear that, you know someone about get messed up something fierce!
(I'm humming along right now!)

Finally: it's not anime, but I also dig this song which is very much in the same vein.
---
Xenderwind, I liked the GirlDeMo songs a lot, but even the background music from Angel beats! was good. You should look into it if you have a chance. I'll have to listen to those songs you posted a bit (and move "mirai nikiki" up my "to watch" list closer to the front.)

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #877 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 20:58:42 »
From Psycho Pass' OP, I discovered Rin To****e Shigure, a really frenetic progressive rock band:

Just got around to clicking some of the vids you guys linked.  The same group did the OP to this season's tokyo ghoul.  I like what I've heard from them so far, might have to look into their other works.

As far as "battle music" (other than the above) I also enjoy Emiya's themesong from fate/stay night. Whenever you hear that, you know someone about get messed up something fierce!

---
Xenderwind, I liked the GirlDeMo songs a lot, but even the background music from Angel beats! was good. You should look into it if you have a chance. I'll have to listen to those songs you posted a bit (and move "mirai nikiki" up my "to watch" list closer to the front.)
I honestly usually have a pretty hard time listening to just ost's without lyrics in them unless I'm like studying or something.  Though its definitely easier for me to want to listen to them if I've seen the anime they're from as well so maybe I'll look into the angel beats OST.

I still haven't seen fsn.  I watched f/z first and then I tried to do the fsn vn but I just can't get through it (I'm not a huge fan of reading things tbh, I find myself getting distracted easily).  I just didn't want to do the fsn anime or movie(done by same people) because I've heard bad things about it.  Some say its kind of like a butcher of an adaptation from the vn.  Which is why I'm really excited that ufotable is working on two of the routes for fsn (heavens feel and unlimited blade works iirc) as I love their work.

If you've seen the first adaptation of fsn I'd love to hear your opinions on the new series when it comes out if you get around to watching it.  The UBW route series should be this year, no idea when the heavens feel movie is coming out though.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #878 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:04:07 »
I haven't watched any of the Fate series.
Always wanted to, but I can never commit to my backlog.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #879 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 11:53:26 »

Just got around to clicking some of the vids you guys linked.  The same group did the OP to this season's tokyo ghoul.  I like what I've heard from them so far, might have to look into their other works.

---
I honestly usually have a pretty hard time listening to just ost's without lyrics in them unless I'm like studying or something.  Though its definitely easier for me to want to listen to them if I've seen the anime they're from as well so maybe I'll look into the angel beats OST.

I still haven't seen fsn.  I watched f/z first and then I tried to do the fsn vn but I just can't get through it (I'm not a huge fan of reading things tbh, I find myself getting distracted easily).  I just didn't want to do the fsn anime or movie(done by same people) because I've heard bad things about it.  Some say its kind of like a butcher of an adaptation from the vn.  Which is why I'm really excited that ufotable is working on two of the routes for fsn (heavens feel and unlimited blade works iirc) as I love their work.

If you've seen the first adaptation of fsn I'd love to hear your opinions on the new series when it comes out if you get around to watching it.  The UBW route series should be this year, no idea when the heavens feel movie is coming out though.

I'm currently going through the visual novel to get a grasp of the original story :P

On Heaven's Feel atm, didn't know that all the routes in F/SN were just as dark as Fate/Zero :O

Oh and Rin best girl.
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #880 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:54:11 »
Stay Night is better :D
I love Elzy

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #881 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:21:20 »
I'm watching Fate Kaleid right now.
I'm not sure why...

Offline Lingj

« Reply #882 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:35:57 »
I'm not sure why...

WHYYYY. Read the Light Novel of Fate/Stay Night or just wait for the Ufotable adaptation this fall. Do that before watching Fate/Zero

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #883 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:40:21 »
I'm not sure why...

WHYYYY. Read the Light Novel of Fate/Stay Night or just wait for the Ufotable adaptation this fall. Do that before watching Fate/Zero
Ehh, if they're anything like this, I'll probably pass.

Offline Lingj

« Reply #884 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:43:19 »
I'm not sure why...

It is actually 100% absolutely nothing like what you are watching right now. Fate Kaleid is a spin-off/alternate universe of fanservice, etc..
I highly rate the Fate series.

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/vieap/fatestay_night_and_fatezero_thread_introduction/
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:44:56 by Lingj »

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #885 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:09:22 »
I'm not sure why...

You must have done 0 research...It's nothing like the true series.  I suggest either going through the fsn vn or waiting for the 2014 remake before watching f/z.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #886 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:18:21 »
You must have done 0 research...It's nothing like the true series.  I suggest either going through the fsn vn or waiting for the 2014 remake before watching f/z.
It's true, other than the names, I know nothing about the series.
I guess I'll wait, as I'm not much for VNs.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #887 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:25:09 »
If you're one who likes to watch a lot you could always try the FSN and fsn ubw movie out now then do f/z, then watch the remakes when they come out. 

I don't know how "bad" (not to offend people who loved it) the fsn adaptation is, but it might make you better appreciate fate/zero and the ufotable remakes coming out.

Offline Lingj

« Reply #888 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:27:54 »
If you're one who likes to watch a lot you could always try the FSN and fsn ubw movie out now then do f/z, then watch the remakes when they come out. 

I don't know how "bad" (not to offend people who loved it) the fsn adaptation is, but it might make you better appreciate fate/zero and the ufotable remakes coming out.

It's pretty bad.. I wouldn't waste your time on Studio Deen's adaption. Just wait for ufotables this fall if anything.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #889 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:32:48 »
but guys is it true Studio Ghibli shut down? :( RIP childhood
I love Elzy

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #890 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:36:43 »
I'm not even sure...I've seen a couple posts on reddit recently both saying yes and no so I have no clue.  If miyazaki is actually retiring for good then it wouldn't surprise me.  From what I've heard he retires/comes back a lot and the last I saw he retired again within the past year or so.

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #891 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 22:03:32 »
I watched the last season of the Aria series today, it was done quite well. Also, Millennium Actress has one of the most interesting uses of storytelling and animation that I have ever seen in an anime.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 August 2014, 22:06:12 by Excaliborg »

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #892 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 01:34:55 »

I wish to QQ too ):

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #893 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 18:47:04 »
Okay I thought end of eva was supposed to clear things up

What the **** did i just watch?

On to the rebuilds I guess

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #894 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 18:57:07 »

If End of Eva didn't make things clear enough then I doubt that the rebuilds will.
Here's a pretty decent youtube video which sort of explains what the hell was going on.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #895 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 18:59:23 »

If End of Eva didn't make things clear enough then I doubt that the rebuilds will.
Here's a pretty decent youtube video which sort of explains what the hell was going on.

It did answer a lot of questions but then it just made more  :confused:

Thanks for the video, I'll check it out.

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #896 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 22:19:15 »
I have spent a fair amount of time between Thursday and today watching Bakemonogatari through Monogatari Series S2 from start to finish for the first time. Why did I wait this long to watch something so awesome? At least Hanamonogatari is starting soon so there is something more to look forward to.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #897 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 22:31:00 »
After reading a "this summers anime roundup" I decoded to start Zankyou no Terror, and I have to say I am enjoying it. Its a shame its supposed to only be an 11 episode series.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #898 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 12:42:40 »

I have spent a fair amount of time between Thursday and today watching Bakemonogatari through Monogatari Series S2 from start to finish for the first time. Why did I wait this long to watch something so awesome? At least Hanamonogatari is starting soon so there is something more to look forward to.

Ahh good man.

Tell me, who's best girl for you?

(Answer is shinobu)

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #899 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 13:24:18 »
I have to agree. Shinobu was pretty awesome throughout the entire series. She and Araragi were my favorite combo during serious arcs while Hachikuji wins for comedy. Hanekawa was somewhat boring, Senjougahara and Kanbaru were too crazy and the sisters were just annoying. I'm not even going to say anything about Nadeko.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 August 2014, 13:26:30 by Excaliborg »