Author Topic: KAT Great Wave - The Great Wave off Kanagawa inspired Keycap Set - [Feedback]  (Read 45463 times)

Offline RegulationD

3 things
1. love the set really brings the theme to life
2. the ven diagram really sells it
3. the i will at least buy the the desk mats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cuckerooni

Looks sick, definitely would consider ordering.

Offline jjpiv

Any idea of the timeline when ordering will begin?

Offline boneandbee

3 things

The venn diagram does sell it!  :))

Offline NorthTidal

Re: KAT GREAT WAVE - The Great Wave off Kanagawa inspired Keycap Set - [Feedback]
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 03:58:21 »
Any updates?  ;D

Offline Water Bottles

Re: KAT GREAT WAVE - The Great Wave off Kanagawa inspired Keycap Set - [Feedback]
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 09:15:34 »
Could it be possible to add a spacebar kit specifically 2.75u, 2.25u, and 1.25?

Offline Alga

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 03:19:23 »
I'm going to stay arround here because I want to get a gradient set. And the theme is awesome and the matts I bet are going to be gorgeous.

I hope it gets spanish ISO support.

Offline moxie keyboards

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 16:23:33 »
Awesome set! I love the gradient. Good luck mate.

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 17:23:57 »
Looks sick, definitely would consider ordering.
Thanks!

Any updates?  ;D
IC soon, like this week. We have majority of kits done now (we might be missing tricky ones like Ergo and Colemak/Dvorak atm because the gradient is a bit difficult to account for, but we're hoping to get feedback on how to best implement those).

3 things

Thanks hahaha, the Venn diagram is my secret marketing weapon haha.

I'm going to stay arround here because I want to get a gradient set. And the theme is awesome and the matts I bet are going to be gorgeous.

I hope it gets spanish ISO support.
Yes, we've got 4-5 deskmat concepts that we'll show at IC (soonTM) and hope it hits the spot. Open to all suggestions and feedback too if it doesn't scratch people's itch.

Any idea of the timeline when ordering will begin?

Hi, sorry we've been a bit slow perfecting this, so once we go to IC (lilkely this week), we can consolidate vendors (should take less than a week) and discuss setting a GB date, ideally in Q1 2021.  Depends on how IC feedback goes on if we do need to revise anything major.

Awesome set! I love the gradient. Good luck mate.

Offline James_fourth

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 18:37:05 »
Hi, sorry we've been a bit slow perfecting this, so once we go to IC (lilkely this week), we can consolidate vendors (should take less than a week) and discuss setting a GB date, ideally in Q1 2021.  Depends on how IC feedback goes on if we do need to revise anything major.

No worries! Just glad to hear this set is moving forward. Thanks for your hard work!  :thumb:

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 21:31:34 »
Glad to know this set is moving forward. Really looking forward to it.
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 02:50:08 »
Slight delays due to further renders, minor kit fixes, so we're aiming to post IC by next Tuesday.
We're aiming to even accommodate Colemak (sorry Ergo will be done after initial IC post)

Teasers for those who pay attention to this quiet corner of Geekhack:

Hex6c

Paragon

Japanese text mod option

« Last Edit: Tue, 15 December 2020, 03:18:34 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline pandaman97

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 03:03:13 »
Look very promising  :eek: 
I'm very curious that can PBT make these colors? Do you have any sample or anything to show these colors are possible?
Anyway, do you still consider no gradient set?

Offline NiiloOP

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 06:15:26 »
Hi,
I am new to the scene. I am really looking forward to getting these keycaps for my first custom mechanical keyboard! Are there any other websites I should watch to not miss out on any important information from you?
Keep it up and have a beautiful day!

Offline Alga

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 06:35:52 »
Hi,
I am new to the scene. I am really looking forward to getting these keycaps for my first custom mechanical keyboard! Are there any other websites I should watch to not miss out on any important information from you?

Check this thread on the Group Buys sub-forum https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57761.0

There are a few pages that list current and upcoming GBs and ICs

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 07:00:11 »
Look very promising  :eek: 
I'm very curious that can PBT make these colors? Do you have any sample or anything to show these colors are possible?
Anyway, do you still consider no gradient set?
PBT can make these colours. But do note that renders may not be best representation due to lighting conditions and monitors.
Do note we will be using Pantone gp1601a guide for colour reference. During IC we should be able to get sample keycaps to prove colours. See KAT Eternal, KAT Napoleonic and KAM Superuser threads for photos to show proof that manufacturer Keyreative can match Pantone colours requested.

Hi,
Hi, when we post IC there'll be a new feedback form to leave your email details on where we'll inform you of upcoming sale dates and other major updates. In the mean-time, another way is you fill out the google form in this post (it's not been taken down despite a strike through) and you put your email in there. You do not have to do the other survey questions (they're now irrelevant for data).
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 December 2020, 07:04:36 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 12:55:54 »
Hi, we've finally made it over to official interest check phase, with major updates everywhere. Lots and lots of kits, and deskmats galore!

Check it out here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110310.0

Thanks to all those who provided valuable feedback that let us get to this next stage.
I'll look fondly back at this thread to see how far it's come along since then :'(

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 December 2020, 17:08:34 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline asiessoyjosep

These keycaps are great! Will we have spanish layout option?

Offline Bobatype

These keycaps are great! Will we have spanish layout option?
Hi there!
This current post is no longer being kept up to date.
Instead kindly see this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110310.0 for updated images of kits and renders.
Scroll down and you'll be pleased I think.
Feel free to comment and give any feedback on that thread too!