geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] GMK Leek

(1/6) > >>

Aiwanei:
Leek, noun: a plant related to the onion, with flat overlapping leaves forming an elongated cylindrical bulb which together with the leaf bases is eaten as a vegetable.

The word leek is also used commonly in place of a leak, when a new keyset, keyboard or other information is leeked.  So what better way to talk about leaks then to type on some GMK Leek key caps.  In the interest of limiting color matching and other issues, I am looking at using stock GMK Colors, specifically WS1, N7, AE, 3A and 3B.  It uses White legends on the keys that are N7, and N7 colored Legends on all other keys.  Ideally it would include a couple novelties in the base kit such as an image of a leek, and I'm open for further ideas.  Basically since this is such a meme colorway, I want to see if anyone else enjoys this concept other than me before pursuing too far.

Here is my inspiration

And here is GMK Leek in all it's initial glory

75%

104-key

Alice

60%
Update 1:
After some initial feedback, I've already reworked it some, I have gotten rid of 3B shifting 3A up and added more keys with WS1 to the design.

Update 2 8-15-2019: Gotten a couple of renders done from KBRenders, looking at the WS1 and feeling that I may end up getting some renders in CP to compare since WS1 may be too white, vs a more natural creamy white of CP may match better.

merlin64:
Good leak.

quinnx:
GMK tomato when

biothermal:

8six753o9:

--- Quote from: biothermal on Tue, 13 August 2019, 14:55:04 ---Show Image

--- End quote ---
You beat me to it!  Would it be too Farfetch'd  to ask for this novelty?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version