Author Topic: [IC] GMK British Racing Green | GB LIVE NOW  (Read 97576 times)

Offline mizuwolf

Re: [IC] GMK British Racing Green | Novelty Kit Added! Running June 1st
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 15:35:33 »
Hey there! Two major updates!

Firstly, originally we said this would run in May. It's now been delayed to June 1st 2021. It'll run for the whole month.

Secondly, I'm proud to reveal the novelties kit designed by the amazing Morgana!

Show Image

I'm really looking forward to kicking off this project and really appreciate all the support friends, family and strangers have given me in pulling this all together so far. I feel very lucky to have great vendors on board for this. Looking forward to revealing deskmat design, artisan and other collabs in the coming days and weeks.

As always, join our Discord for the most up to date news on GMK British Racing Green and other Hand Engineering projects!

The novelties are quite a different color to the set - which colors is the set actually going to be? D:

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 17:42:00 »
Hey there! Two major updates!

Firstly, originally we said this would run in May. It's now been delayed to June 1st 2021. It'll run for the whole month.

Secondly, I'm proud to reveal the novelties kit designed by the amazing Morgana!

Show Image

I'm really looking forward to kicking off this project and really appreciate all the support friends, family and strangers have given me in pulling this all together so far. I feel very lucky to have great vendors on board for this. Looking forward to revealing deskmat design, artisan and other collabs in the coming days and weeks.

As always, join our Discord for the most up to date news on GMK British Racing Green and other Hand Engineering projects!

The novelties are quite a different color to the set - which colors is the set actually going to be? D:

Very good point! The novelty renders were done by someone else (I did all the other renders myself) and I would say those colours are slightly closer to the physical RAL swatches I have on hand, but it does depend on lighting.

I’ll do some work to tune the renders to be a little more consistent. In terms of colour matching, I’ll be using physical RAL chips as a source of truth and as with any GMK set, expect a level of variance between what you see on screen and what you see in real life when the set ships.

Link to a digital representation of RAL 6005
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 May 2021, 17:44:46 by lewisflude »

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 17:47:17 »
Niice, those novelties looking swag. Aston martin DB5?

Thank you! Yep, you’re right about the inspiration there. :thumb:

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #203 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 09:22:51 »
Happy to announce we have added zFrontier as vendor for China! Additionally, there are some new renders by oggi in the first post in this thread. Much more to announce in these last 6 days. Thanks to all the friends, family and strangers who have given me so much support in planning and preparing this group buy.

Offline akzh

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 10:25:05 »
The novelties are absolutely fantastic and might have convinced me to pick this kit up. Are there any RAMAs in the works?

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 10:33:04 »
The novelties are absolutely fantastic and might have convinced me to pick this kit up. Are there any RAMAs in the works?

Not Rama caps, but something special is coming that will be revealed soon.  :thumb:

sǝᴉʇlǝʌou ssɐɹq

Offline nsyinc

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 15:48:56 »
renders show gold colored arrow keys but not actually offered in kits. maybe update your renders or update your kits.

will pricing info be shared prior to the GB post?

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #207 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 15:52:45 »
renders show gold colored arrow keys but not actually offered in kits. maybe update your renders or update your kits.

will pricing info be shared prior to the GB post?

Was wondering when someone would notice this oversight! New renders are being worked on sans-beige arrow keys which sadly didn’t make it into any of the kits.

I’m hoping to release international pricing over the next week, sometime before the group buy starts. Plenty of fun announcements for this week.

Update: the renders have now been changed!
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 May 2021, 04:06:01 by lewisflude »

Offline soslim

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 15:59:37 »
super sick novelties, good luck!

Offline ForsakenCoffee

« Reply #209 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 19:19:14 »
Maybe its just me but, I feel like the novelty enters should have the car facing the other way, into the alphas. I think it would be more representative of the enter key arrow if the car is pointed in the same direction.

That being said i still love the novelties and this set. The colors are fantastic.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 May 2021, 19:20:53 by ForsakenCoffee »

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 02:37:40 »
Maybe its just me but, I feel like the novelty enters should have the car facing the other way, into the alphas. I think it would be more representative of the enter key arrow if the car is pointed in the same direction.

That being said i still love the novelties and this set. The colors are fantastic.

That’s a really clever idea! Although the return arrow points left, and the history of the carriage return in typewriters creating a big push in the leftward direction, I feel there is something very natural about the left -> movement. It’s an interesting subject and I appreciate your thoughts.

Cool video on direction in cinema:

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
I'm proud to announce our artisan collaboration with Monokei. A stunning racing car ANSI return and a finishing line flags escape key.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Love the flags cap, nice addition.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline hayasaka

• No.
very tempting.

Offline rooski15

I realize I'm late to the party here, but any chance at 6u spacebar support?  WS1 maybe not so much (there are plenty of 6u WS1 in the wild), but for that custom green it would be excellent to be able to lend support to 6u. As a 6u cypher / topre user, it would make a world of difference to me.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
Re: [IC] GMK British Racing Green | GB LIVE NOW
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 15:47:26 »