Author Topic: urge to build rising  (Read 1200 times)

Offline bflat

urge to build rising
« on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 19:02:08 »
Hi!

A few months ago the T key stopped working on my Seitek membrane backlit full size from middle school (I'm nearly 30), and at the recommendation of my friends, I bought at mech board (Ducky Mecha Mini with Cherry Red Silents)! Subsequently I have built myself another board (which I love: a Planck v6 from Drop, along with some halo trues and set of oem pbt caps... the only mod I have done is on the spacebar stabilizer, and wow, that was satisfying! What an improvement!), and am about to join my first group buy. That was quick!

I'm excited to learn more and test my resolve and restraint (I have started planning a few builds that I don't have the money for ^^) as I browse.

What I'm most looking forward to is tuning a slightly larger board than the 40%, perhaps even lubing switches. I love tiny boards, but I also like buttons larger than 1u!

Ideally I'd like to start building and tuning boards for friends who need/want to replace what they have... or start their own collection. :devil:

P.S. I made a little sound test for my keeb. It's kinda echoey and more treble than it sounds in person, but I had fun making it: https://streamable.com/gm6wix

-bflat (she/her)