Author Topic: Acer G226HQL 21.5" 1080p Monitor  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Inception

Acer G226HQL 21.5" 1080p Monitor
« on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 20:51:24 »
This one I got for the holidays (2014)! Let me start with the good of this product... Well, for one it works, that's always a plus. It's 1080p so the picture is very crisp. The monitor itself isn't the most aesthetically pleasing thing in the world but it gets the job done, the bezel is about an inch and a half wide and features a gloss finish. Now for the bad - The stand does not have a raising feature. I had to get used to this as the monitor can only be tilted, and actually before I could even tilt it I had to manually loosen a nut which had apparently been screwed in too tightly at time of manufacturing. The viewing angles on this monitor are pretty horrible to be honest, unless you're looking at it from a straight forward perspective, you're going to have a hard time seeing what is actually on the screen, I actually got used to this pretty fast so I can't really say it is something that will bother you forever, it is just that this product wouldn't do too great as a side monitor as the best way to view it is straight ahead. Note that this monitor also does not feature an HDMI port and only has VGA and DVI.
I am currently using this monitor as my main with a ViewSonic VA703B 1280x1024 VGA monitor as my secondary.
Overall I give this product a 7/10, I would recommend this product to somebody looking for a good budget monitor.
-CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Cherry MX Blues