Author Topic: [IC] TMO50 keyboard  (Read 159849 times)

Offline Bleddyn

Re: [IC] TMO50 keyboard
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 08:56:05 »
This is the first GB i have seriously considered entering, i just like the look of it and its almost a meme in design, but the best designed meme i have seen and i like it a lot.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 09:00:37 »
This is the first GB i have seriously considered entering, i just like the look of it and its almost a meme in design, but the best designed meme i have seen and i like it a lot.
It's been a while since I've received both a compliment and a diss at the same time. :D It's an honour to be your cherry popper, mate!
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #352 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 17:10:03 »
Is the plate design already final? Or are you considering separate plate design for those who want a fixed home row layout?

Overall, I think it is quite interesting, specially the layout.
I have never thought I'd be interested with anything smaller than 60% but here I am waiting for the GB. XD

50% is really an interesting choice. I tried playing around with this layout in KLE and have made a few variations that I really like. Maybe we'll get a 50% uprising someday. Haha  :))
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 June 2018, 18:32:56 by Aerizu »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 17:51:03 »
It's been a while since I've received both a compliment and a diss at the same time. :D It's an honour to be your cherry popper, mate!

is an insult in disguise a compliment?
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 June 2018, 18:24:23 by ideus »

Offline MMKB

« Reply #354 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 22:04:48 »
Wanted to update everyone with some real evidence that something's happening! :D

These are the sample or prototype (actually Founders Edition) TMO50's that are currently produced in China. Should have some more updates in next couple of weeks and then finished boards in July. If all is well, GB will start as soon as Founders do quality control and approve. :)

Show Image

It looks great man!

Offline SingSong

« Reply #355 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 15:46:05 »
I really love this design, and am hoping the cost isn't out of my budget. Fingers crossed!

Offline cucgach

« Reply #356 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 08:58:09 »
Lovely board! one of the most creative keeb I've ever seen. Hoping can join the GB when it's available.
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline Tyson

« Reply #357 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 11:40:54 »
Can't wait to see the prototypes! Should be a good design! :)

Offline sickbabies

« Reply #358 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:26:35 »
Those founders' editions look gorgeous! I'll sell off all of my other keebs to purchase this beauty when the GB starts

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #359 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 03:39:33 »
Everything's moving along!

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #360 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 03:43:53 »
:O That's so cool!!!!

I can't wait to see an assembled version  :D :D

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #361 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 04:14:01 »
Yay, thanks for more progress shots! Looks great.

Any idea at what point we might see anodization samples for the different colour choices?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #362 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 05:37:32 »
Yay, thanks for more progress shots! Looks great.

Any idea at what point we might see anodization samples for the different colour choices?
Well, it'll be done once these get anodized. Samples are different from these boards though so proto boards are gonna one-offs.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #363 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 06:08:46 »
How LED's light bleeding will be prevented?

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #364 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 07:24:32 »
I just had a tiny freak out this morning - Is this project going to be a raffle? or will everyone who wants one be able to join?

Offline QiuFang

• Owl Keyboard
« Reply #365 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 10:30:00 »

Show Image

Show Image

that led too sexy  :-*

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #366 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 11:58:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Looks amazing, I can already see the final product in my mind looking at the samples. Nicely run IC btw, with updates and responsive to feedbacks. Will the Founders edition units be available to people who are willing to beta test(paying for the unit of course)?

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #367 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 12:08:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

Looks amazing, I can already see the final product in my mind looking at the samples. Nicely run IC btw, with updates and responsive to feedbacks. Will the Founders edition units be available to people who are willing to beta test(paying for the unit of course)?

Based on the previous stuff in the thread, i think founders units have already been allocated to some testers based on the original IC form stuff, sadly :( I'd have loved to get in on one otherwise

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #368 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 12:17:01 »
Sad to hear. As someone who’s never used a 40% and can’t imagine living without numbers I would be a perfect tester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline omgkittiesyay

« Reply #369 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 12:43:14 »
They look so good! drool

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #370 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 12:53:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Based on the previous stuff in the thread, i think founders units have already been allocated to some testers based on the original IC form stuff, sadly :( I'd have loved to get in on one otherwise
Sad to hear. As someone who’s never used a 40% and can’t imagine living without numbers I would be a perfect tester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I've already chosen founders aka testers for these prototype boards. Some were RNGed and some was close friends that were eager to help out with manufacturing costs. This has allowed me to make every option at least in one piece so to check. I'm sorry if someone's left out. But I guarantee that GB isn't a raffle. And also not really a FCFS thing. It'll be limited but I don't think this board will "fly off the shelf" that quick.

Offline Snappo

• meme
« Reply #371 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 13:15:59 »
Firstly I'd like to say I wasn't too into this at first, but I've come to like it more and more every time I see it.

It gives me the same vibes as something like the Pearl. Its on the edge of usability for me, but its so novel and I want it because its so unique.

Forgive me if this has been talked about/confirmed, is this alps compatible?

If so, will there be problems with the middle row and alps switches clipping in? Dont they rely on the side clips mostly? With that gaping hole in the plate that is the middle row, I'm a little concerned. Someone correct me if necessary.

How will alps stabs work with this?

Other than that, looking good. :thumb:

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #372 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 14:07:52 »
How LED's light bleeding will be prevented?

Well, LEDs come right up to the indicator hole. But I'll have to test it out still.

I just had a tiny freak out this morning - Is this project going to be a raffle? or will everyone who wants one be able to join?

It's not a raffle, don't worry. :)

is an insult in disguise a compliment?

Hmm, I didn't think of it as an insult. Hope it's not, lol

Is the plate design already final? Or are you considering separate plate design for those who want a fixed home row layout?

Overall, I think it is quite interesting, specially the layout.
I have never thought I'd be interested with anything smaller than 60% but here I am waiting for the GB. XD

50% is really an interesting choice. I tried playing around with this layout in KLE and have made a few variations that I really like. Maybe we'll get a 50% uprising someday. Haha  :))

We'll test it out still and get some feedback from the testers. It's the only plate design as of yet but quite a lot people aren't really sure about it. It's done this way though as it allows base kit support as well as 40% kits. It's for maximum compatibility.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 June 2018, 14:10:10 by funderburker »

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #373 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 14:16:05 »
It's hard for me not to gum up this thread with how excited I am about this board... it's not just a cool looking novelty board for me, it's pretty much my dream layout for travel and work trips that I intend to use for a very long time.  Minimal (with a little flair), compact, useful, and well thought out.

Offline ZROGST

« Reply #374 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 14:21:42 »
So when do I get to throw my money at you?  Also a second plea for someone to co-launch the keyset shows in PyroL's render!

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #375 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 20:54:49 »
Sorry if I missed it, but how tall is this compared to the Pearl?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 00:17:52 »
I can't answer that unfortunately. I tried looking up Pearl's dimensions but couldn't find it. Width wise this is definitely wider. Height wise I'm pretty certain TMO is lower but again I don't really know. Some testers have a Pearl too so will ask for comparison pics.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #377 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 00:29:06 »
So when do I get to throw my money at you?  Also a second plea for someone to co-launch the keyset shows in PyroL's render!
With epbt 9009 base colors coming out so well, it shouldn't be that hard to organize a comparatively less expensive GB using epbt vs gmk blanks.

You should do it ;)

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #378 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 02:51:02 »
defo interested in where this is going :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #379 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 07:13:32 »
I can't answer that unfortunately. I tried looking up Pearl's dimensions but couldn't find it. Width wise this is definitely wider. Height wise I'm pretty certain TMO is lower but again I don't really know. Some testers have a Pearl too so will ask for comparison pics.

You could provide dimensions for the TMO and let the people do their own homework. Doing it for them is just an uneccesary burden that there is no reason for you to be loaded with.

Offline cucgach

« Reply #380 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 08:29:13 »
Sweet !! Can't wait for the GB go live!
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline Starius

« Reply #381 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 10:00:54 »
I've been lurking in this thread, and I have to say it's the most active of threads I've been watching lately.
I didn't actually think I'd want a 50% board, but I've come to want one in my collection.... and I hope this board becomes that one. I have to admit, I'm very curious to work with it to see if it's a format I could grow accustomed to.
The board looks awesome, regardless.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #382 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 10:29:01 »

You could provide dimensions for the TMO and let the people do their own homework. Doing it for them is just an uneccesary burden that there is no reason for you to be loaded with.

This is fine by me. I only ask because the Pearl is kinda tall and chunky looking. Looking back at the prototype photos this is probably quite a bit slimmer. Actual measurements would be nice though.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #383 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 10:47:44 »

This is fine by me. I only ask because the Pearl is kinda tall and chunky looking. Looking back at the prototype photos this is probably quite a bit slimmer. Actual measurements would be nice though.

No problemo, dimensions are - 297.5mm × 89.15mm × 25.21mm (Back) / 16.3mm (Front)  (Width × Depth × Height)

Added this to the OP too! :)

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #384 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 11:04:27 »
Wow I didn't realize it was 16.3mm in the front that's pretty low! Love it!
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline ALKAHEST

« Reply #385 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 09:05:58 »
Wow, this looks amazing! I'm gonna have a hard time deciding between KUMO and this. It's gonna come down to release date and pricing (though perhaps I'll buy both anyway).
I'm looking forward to seeing the completed prototypes!
"Doesn't look like anything to me."

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #386 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 21:33:39 »
Wow, this looks amazing! I'm gonna have a hard time deciding between KUMO and this. It's gonna come down to release date and pricing (though perhaps I'll buy both anyway).
I'm looking forward to seeing the completed prototypes!

Offline mclow85

« Reply #387 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 17:55:37 »
i would buy this case imidialy if it was for a split kekyboard and would have a wrist rest

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #388 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 06:56:32 »
i would buy this case imidialy if it was for a split kekyboard and would have a wrist rest

'I would buy this keyboard if it was actually a different keyboard'

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #389 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 07:01:14 »

Yes, I would agree that that sounds like a different board. :D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #390 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 10:22:32 »

Yes, I would agree that that sounds like a different board. :D

I confess that I sin father: I had very sarcastic thoughts the first time I read that "I would buy" comment.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 15:36:04 »
If someone's not in the loop -

GH HAS BEEN SOLD

I'm trying to see where this goes as it sure as hell is not something nice. What are you guys thinking of doing with this - where you'd go? I'd like to have a small discussion for this as I'd like to keep an update on this and already find a "plan B" for this IC. I'm fine with posting on reddit (as I should and will do with GB) but it's really a place with a short life span for posts. I truly enjoy the GH community and people that are here and also everywhere else in this forum.

Related to the IC:
We should have finished anodization late this week or early next week so it's really close guys. Also we've received red PCBs for the founders and i gotta say... Way sexier than the green ones.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 16:10:16 »

GH HAS BEEN SOLD

I'm trying to see where this goes as it sure as hell is not something nice. What are you guys thinking of doing with this - where you'd go? I'd like to have a small discussion for this as I'd like to keep an update on this and already find a "plan B" for this IC. I'm fine with posting on reddit (as I should and will do with GB) but it's really a place with a short life span for posts. I truly enjoy the GH community and people that are here and also everywhere else in this forum.

Related to the IC:
We should have finished anodization late this week or early next week so it's really close guys. Also we've received red PCBs for the founders and i gotta say... Way sexier than the green ones.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Sorry funder, I dont want to go too off topic from the tmo50, but I thought zeal bought GH?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #393 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 16:12:44 »
It hasn't been sold yet.  Nothing's concrete other than Zeal is out of the running.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 16:14:38 »
It hasn't been sold yet.  Nothing's concrete other than Zeal is out of the running.
Ty for update. Back to TMO.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #395 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 16:18:52 »
Think the prototypes look pretty good. Still interested to this point  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline lizardsticks

« Reply #396 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 16:21:32 »
That red is looking fantastic. Looking forward to the GB going live in the future

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #397 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 16:24:30 »

GH HAS BEEN SOLD

Related to the IC:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hello, beautiful, where have you been all my life?
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #398 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 16:39:07 »
I am not sure if GH has been sold already; but, if that may affect your project, I'd say move it to your preferred alternate forum. I am not familiar with rMK. I know DT and GH only, but any one you preferred it would be OK, as long as your upcoming GB is preserved as it is, in terms of design, prices and everything else. The TMO50 is so cool that it deserves to be run as an actual community GB. Thank you for asking.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #399 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 16:51:40 »

GH HAS BEEN SOLD

Related to the IC:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Damn that PCB is sexy.