Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 555357 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #3300 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 22:30:03 »
After more than a year out of work and over 400 job apps I finally landed a Technical Supervisor position at a big game studio. I've been riding high all day, the day went by so quickly.

So this is what it feels like to be happy, huh? Not bad.

My whole life is about to change for the better.

That's fantastic - congratulations!

I hope it goes really well :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3301 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 16:10:39 »
The Expanse - Fri Dec 13, 2019 (4 months 3 weeks)
Rick and Morty - Sun Nov 17, 2019 (3 months 4 week)

edit - Oh damn, next-episode.net removed the date for the next episode of R&M.. might have been changed.. :(

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/season-4-return-announcement  :D

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3302 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 01:55:31 »
Just 3 am realization that I've dedicated the entirety of my teen-adult life to this hobby. Maybe some regrets financially but at the end of the day it makes me happy, I think. Thanks everyone.
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3303 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 02:18:47 »
Just 3 am realization that I've dedicated the entirety of my teen-adult life to this hobby. Maybe some regrets financially but at the end of the day it makes me happy, I think. Thanks everyone.

Even if the passion eventually fades it will be something you remember forever. Life is all about minimizing regrets, so if the positives outweigh them you've succeeded as a human being.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3304 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 05:39:13 »
So the other day we were losing game and enemy team started trash-talking (they kept spamming: easy game, ez pizi, get rekt, etc.) we did impossible and we turned around outcome of the game and kicked their *****, it was magnificent feeling.

(Attachment Link)

Wait. So no one is going to address this^^^^^^^

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3305 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 10:22:32 »
So the other day we were losing game and enemy team started trash-talking (they kept spamming: easy game, ez pizi, get rekt, etc.) we did impossible and we turned around outcome of the game and kicked their *****, it was magnificent feeling.

(Attachment Link)

You've been charged with creating an Alt-account..  How do u plead.. !!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3306 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 13:45:50 »
I was shocked and super happy to see the Nintendo Direct today where Master Hero Soccer Guy talked about the history of the Neo Geo. I REALLY hope this means future partnerships between Nintendo and SNK (I'm a bit of a Neo Geo fan myself). Totally caught me off-guard  ;D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3307 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 15:46:40 »
I was shocked and super happy to see the Nintendo Direct today where Master Hero Soccer Guy talked about the history of the Neo Geo. I REALLY hope this means future partnerships between Nintendo and SNK (I'm a bit of a Neo Geo fan myself). Totally caught me off-guard  ;D

REAL Neo Geo fans only play on REAL Neo Geos..

XD

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3308 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 16:13:06 »

XD

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3309 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 16:13:47 »

XD

I still want a CMVS.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3310 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 17:20:02 »

(Attachment Link)

You've been charged with creating an Alt-account..  How do u plead.. !!

Show Image

Did that like 4 years ago, it promptly got cock blocked by the GH gestapo. I would not write "(they kept spamming: easy game, ez pizi, get rekt, etc.)" What game is this? Never have I seen such civilized spamming.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3311 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 09:57:26 »

(Attachment Link)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

:thinking:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3312 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 22:16:53 »
Went to a store and they gave me cash change for some reason. I hate carrying cash so I just threw it into a Lotto scratch off machine and actually won $100! On a total whim  :eek:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3313 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 22:25:59 »
Went to a store and they gave me cash change for some reason. I hate carrying cash so I just threw it into a Lotto scratch off machine and actually won $100! On a total whim  :eek:

This is how every gambring Addiction begins..

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #3314 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 02:32:06 »

wooohooo, nice, man! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Happy Friday!!!
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iri

« Reply #3315 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 05:17:41 »
$100 in cash?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3316 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 15:13:31 »
$100 in cash?

Yeah, I too see the irony

Offline iri

« Reply #3317 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 17:01:54 »
$100 in cash?

Yeah, I too see the irony
If you don't like this, just send the money to me.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3318 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 10:12:07 »
The guy who lives across the street has just made me happy - he's got a new car.  Bye-bye noisy Impreza STI with boy racer exhaust, hello sensible Audi which makes 1/4 of the noise while he sits there revving it for ages for no apparent reason :D
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3319 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 10:17:52 »
The guy who lives across the street has just made me happy - he's got a new car.  Bye-bye noisy Impreza STI with boy racer exhaust, hello sensible Audi which makes 1/4 of the noise while he sits there revving it for ages for no apparent reason :D

Sittn' there reving the engine thinking DARK THOUGHTS.. I'mma killz that dude across the street who always yells at me to get off his lawn.

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #3320 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 10:23:02 »
Nice coffee and a chilly morning

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3321 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 10:29:49 »

Sittn' there reving the engine thinking DARK THOUGHTS.. I'mma killz that dude across the street who always yells at me to get off his lawn.

Sadly no front lawn, otherwise he would be further away and less annoying.  Looking forward to laughing at him soon too - he couldn't get a four wheel drive rally car to go forward in a bit of snow (too many revs, wheels spin as he slides backwards :))) so he has no hope with this car.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3322 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 19:57:12 »

For me, it's mechanical keyboards and ice tea

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #3323 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 05:15:46 »

For me, it's mechanical keyboards and ice tea

I can get behind both of those!

Offline rora

• Summitcables
« Reply #3324 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 05:27:59 »
Not having to worry about anything, also staying up late at night to compose : )
Heavensward

Matrix 8x V2.0 Blue | Matrix 8x V2.0 Tiffany Blue | LZ SE MP | TGR Jane V2 Blue Grey | TGR Jane V2 Pink | TGR Jane V2 CE | Keycult No2, Rev1 | Keycult No2, Rev1 | TGR 910 CE | TGRxSinga Unikorn | Orion V3 | Xeno | Mira SE | Kmac Happy | Kyuu | QXP | LZ CLS H | Poly Singa | TXCP | E6V2 FE

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3325 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 22:12:17 »

I went to cash it in today and let it ride on another scratch off and won another $50. The hell is even happening? Have I been lied to about the Lotto being a scam lo all these years?

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3326 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 06:56:49 »

I went to cash it in today and let it ride on another scratch off and won another $50. The hell is even happening? Have I been lied to about the Lotto being a scam lo all these years?

Best i've won is three bucks

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #3327 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 17:13:11 »
Saw a new handrest design?

Offline Alper

• Electric Man 2
« Reply #3328 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 01:33:44 »
Traveling playing video games watching TV shows etc.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3329 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 16:30:24 »
ro59
I love Elzy

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3330 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 16:46:04 »

Have I been lied to about the Lotto being a scam lo all these years?

Nope, it is still a special tax on people with poor math skills. That said, I play from time to time myself.

A kid at work won $5K last summer and bought a car (which he promptly wrecked). I went in and got something like 3 winners on the next 5 cards I bought, but since then it has been near-solid losses.

If you believe in a lottery God, then maybe he is like a drug dealer sucking you in to get you hooked.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3331 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 18:17:15 »

Gambling Adddiction, here we go..

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3332 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 18:28:15 »

Gambling Adddiction, here we go..

Gambling addiction, here we come!

Offline juntheboon

« Reply #3333 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 22:42:19 »
entering group buys

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3334 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:21:46 »
Curb is back on. Good stuff.

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #3335 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 16:31:53 »
A hot cup of tea,

a light rain,

the colors green and white together,

laid back relaxed music, (Lofi, medieval, classical piano, Joe Hisaishi, dungeon synth)

a surprised and sudden smile from someone,

lots of small things really bring out that happy in me.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3336 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 20:32:28 »
Wow I had to dig REALLY deep to find this thread. What wonderful times we live in, eh?

But this is a thread for positivity. I am happy that after 2 years of sitting on investments my stock portfolio is actually in the green. Success!

Offline yui

« Reply #3337 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 04:17:35 »
i never saw this thread, makes me happy to see happy peoples :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3338 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 05:00:28 »

Offline JayZz

« Reply #3339 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 11:37:34 »
My friends, family and hobbies

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #3340 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 15:26:32 »
Just came back from wigwam pods - it was a nice getaway from work and usual life.
Wooden small pod with beds and bathroom, fire pit in th front, having some sausages and marshmallows over the fire.
Fishing at one day, didn't catch anything, but just sitting there and watching the float makes me happy :)

Still have rest of this week off, so will chill out and rest.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #3341 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 15:53:09 »
My son will be back at nursery tomorrow after bugging us at home while we try and work for the last two days.

It's the little things :P
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3342 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 16:23:33 »
My son will be back at nursery tomorrow after bugging us at home while we try and work for the last two days.

It's the little things :P

My god man, did you not read the n00s..  / outside = max dangerous

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #3343 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 16:25:22 »
My god man, did you not read the n00s..  / outside = max dangerous[/size][/color][/font]

Yes, that is quite true. Children ARE like plague rats too, always bringing things home with them.

However when you've been working from home for four months with a three-year-old, the risk is worth it. Plus our nursery is taking it super seriously with the masks and distancing.

Me? I've only left the house four times in four months.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3344 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 02:19:08 »
When you get takeout fries and save the napkins, then later when you go to use one as a tissue it smells like delicious french fries.
Or delicious chips as some might say.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3345 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:16:13 »
When you make a video suggestion on one of your favorite YT channels and then they actually use it for a video. It's like high quality content created just for me!

Offline iri

« Reply #3346 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 09:27:19 »
I've bought an AEK in near mint condition. The seller never opened the switches (Orange Alps) and I did, and they're almost pristine.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #3347 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 10:25:57 »
Just ordered a NK65 Entry Watermelon colorway, this makes me happy - it was a toss up between purple, cartridge gold, and fire.  The new limited colorways are awesome and can't wait to do a build with it.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #3348 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 12:47:40 »
Having parts incoming for a build all arrive on the same day always makes me happy. Especially if it's right before a weekend  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #3349 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 15:05:13 »
Having parts incoming for a build all arrive on the same day always makes me happy. Especially if it's right before a weekend  :thumb:

Same day, or within the same week for me.

I've got caps delivering today :p