Author Topic: [GB] (COMPLETED!) Nantucket Selectric  (Read 450071 times)

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
Base Sets, Waiting Lists, and Fairness
« Reply #700 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 01:18:30 »
One of the things I have strived for in this group buy is to be both open and fair. With that in mind I'd like to share my current thinking about the waiting list and solicit any feedback you, the community, may have. Currently I have 125 people on the waiting list. I have more behind a proxy in China who would like to get these sets to people there who are on his waiting list. This adds up to more people than I have TKL sets available.

I have the following sets available at the GB price:

• TKL: 9
  • Homing: 3
  • Cape Code: 2
  • Amity Island: 5
  • Specialty: 5
  • ISO: 2
  • European: 2
  • Mac: 1

I have the following sets available at the retail price:

• TKL: 100
  • Planck: 30
  • Ergodox: 25
  • Numpad: 50
  • Homing: 60
  • Dvorak/Colemak: 23
  • ISO: 15
  • European: 5
  • Mac: 25
  • Specialty: 50
  • Cape Cod: 50
  • Amity Island: 60
  • Blanks: Too many to list, but a handful of each

I would like to get this set out to as many people as possible. I would also like to make sure that the people who paid last Feb/Mar are able to build their dream board, since they put up their money and have waited patiently for manufacturing and shipping. This is my current plan for distributing the available sets between these groups with differing needs:

• Group Buy participants will have until next Sunday to request Child Sets and Blanks.
  • Waiting List participants will have until next Sunday to request Base Sets, Child Sets, and Blanks. (Coming soon, please hold tight.)
  • Group Buy participants will have their requests for Child Sets and Blanks fulfilled first.
  • If there are more requests for a blank/set than there are blanks/sets available they will be distributed via lottery.
  • Waiting List participants will have their requests for Base Sets filled in order.
  • After Base Sets have been distributed, Child Sets and Blanks will be distributed among those who received a Base Set.
  • If there are more Child Set or Blank requests than there are available sets, the recipients will be chosen by lottery.

Please let me know if you have any concerns about this plan. I have put a lot of thought into how to handle this fairly, and I hope I have struck a good balance.

Offline AskAJedi

Re: [GB] (SORTING!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #701 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 01:43:54 »
I think I'm on that waiting list and approve of your plan:)

Looking forward to building a Clueboard soon too. I was going to ask about the aluminum cases, but I imagine your inbox is on fire.
I emailed a little while ago about my grandfather's 97th birthday keyboard. I got his board together with a set of Modern Selectric. It's the modern twin of the red Selectric he bought in 1962 and he was trilled. The Nantucket is for me!

Good luck to you and thanks for this lovely keyset!

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #702 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 02:07:37 »
The distribution of retail sets sounds very fair. Though I'm wondering, you say Base will be drafted first, and then the child sets. Though for me the Base would be useless without the Numpad... should I just cancel the Base then after not being drafted for Numpad aswell?

Also, do you happen to have the retail prices at hand? Would like to make up my mind what I'm ultimately going for

And again +1 for transparency  :thumb:

Offline Erysichthon

Re: Base Sets, Waiting Lists, and Fairness
« Reply #703 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 11:00:24 »
One of the things I have strived for in this group buy is to be both open and fair. With that in mind I'd like to share my current thinking about the waiting list and solicit any feedback you, the community, may have. Currently I have 125 people on the waiting list. I have more behind a proxy in China who would like to get these sets to people there who are on his waiting list. This adds up to more people than I have TKL sets available.

I would like to get this set out to as many people as possible. I would also like to make sure that the people who paid last Feb/Mar are able to build their dream board, since they put up their money and have waited patiently for manufacturing and shipping. This is my current plan for distributing the available sets between these groups with differing needs:

• Group Buy participants will have until next Sunday to request Child Sets and Blanks.
  • Waiting List participants will have until next Sunday to request Base Sets, Child Sets, and Blanks. (Coming soon, please hold tight.)
  • Group Buy participants will have their requests for Child Sets and Blanks fulfilled first.
  • If there are more requests for a blank/set than there are blanks/sets available they will be distributed via lottery.
  • Waiting List participants will have their requests for Base Sets filled in order.
  • After Base Sets have been distributed, Child Sets and Blanks will be distributed among those who received a Base Set.
  • If there are more Child Set or Blank requests than there are available sets, the recipients will be chosen by lottery.

Please let me know if you have any concerns about this plan. I have put a lot of thought into how to handle this fairly, and I hope I have struck a good balance.
So if I am an original group buy participant who emailed you already to get on the waiting list for an additional kit, should I also click on the "Request child sets" button and do it there?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #704 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 11:41:08 »
So if I am an original group buy participant who emailed you already to get on the waiting list for an additional kit, should I also click on the "Request child sets" button and do it there?

Yes. Tonight I'll be sending emails to everyone in the group buy to that effect.

Offline yoft

« Reply #705 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 11:59:17 »
I honestly can't believe how well run this GB is! It's incredible how flexible you've been with everyone's requests/modifications and how you've built the infrastructure to handle everything!

Thanks so much for all your hard work!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #706 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 13:03:34 »
Wow, this is awesome. Just put in my order for homing + specialty kit.

Just wondering, but are the extras at GB price also being distributed the same way? The website listed everything at retail so I was a little confused as to where the GB priced extras were going.

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #707 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 13:48:18 »
Filled up for a specialty kit and a few spacebars. So I'm guessing the 5 GB priced Specialty sets are first come first serve? I requested it last night and it showed up as retail price, so I'm guessing people already snagged it before me?

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #708 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 13:59:05 »
Edit: Fixed my issue.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 September 2016, 14:06:49 by Bambino »

Offline jjnist

« Reply #709 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 17:10:17 »
Thank you Skully for (so far) reinvigorating my faith in group buys. It has been a pleasure.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #710 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 01:03:49 »

Yes. Tonight I'll be sending emails to everyone in the group buy to that effect.

I just went to the site and don't see an option to add a Planck kit.

Offline SergeantFTC

« Reply #711 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 07:35:04 »

That's because there was no "Planck kit" like you see with most other keysets. The Planck set included all of the keys you would need for a Planck, including the alphas.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #712 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 09:16:58 »
I was on the wait list, and I just requested my child sets :)

Thank you

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #713 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 10:33:17 »

That's because there was no "Planck kit" like you see with most other keysets. The Planck set included all of the keys you would need for a Planck, including the alphas.

Guess I can order blanks to complete the "kit", as I already will have the alphas.

Offline hapns

« Reply #714 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 11:52:42 »
Are we looking to receive an email this week in regards to orders being shipped?

Offline jjnist

« Reply #715 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 11:55:40 »
Are we looking to receive an email this week in regards to orders being shipped?

You'll likely receive an email or invoice to pay shipping first when he is ready to send them out.

Offline Zettawrath

« Reply #716 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 12:46:42 »

I would also quite like to know how long we are expecting for orders to be shipped out, I'm going on vacation to asia within the next month and would like to take these caps on a PC Bang adventure.

Offline bred

« Reply #717 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 14:12:07 »
Thanks again for all of your work on the keycaps Skully. Designing the set, then creating a production order and being responsible for getting it to all of us becomes very demanding I'm sure. Obviously we all have time intensive roles committed elsewhere aside from hobbies, so making this concept become a tangible set is very much appreciated and respected.

Looking forward to having one stylish and unique keyboard!
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 September 2016, 14:16:59 by bred »

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #718 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 14:54:08 »
^^^^^^^^^^^

Sent from a payphone in 1986

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #719 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 15:28:33 »

Guess I can order blanks to complete the "kit", as I already will have the alphas.

On second thought, I think I'll wait my turn on the waitlist for a Planck set. The blank R4 2U keys come in blue only.

Offline arhetue

« Reply #720 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 20:05:32 »
Beautiful set of caps. I'd love to have jumped onto this for base+numpad, and really love the Amity and Cape Cod sets. I shot an email out to see if there is room on the waitlist. Hoping with crossed fingers.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 September 2016, 21:23:16 by arhetue »

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #721 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 20:30:20 »
Just came in to say I like how transparent this GB is, with the handling of orders and the clear system of selling leftovers.

Submitted orders for blanks, and haven't received any invoices so far. Not a complaint, as I am sure Skully is doing his best, because what I see so far is really professional, rushing will just likely mess things up.  :thumb:

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
Re: Base Sets, Waiting Lists, and Fairness
« Reply #722 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 21:07:34 »

I'm glad I just checked in; even though, I'm late, I filled out that request form. I hope I'm able to score those 3 sets that I'm interested in.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #723 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 03:44:53 »
I have the new version of the site posted. If you have your order link from one of the invoice emails that still works. If you do not have your order link you can have it emailed to you here:

https://nantucket.clueboard.co/login

I have tested this as much as I am able, but as always bugs may crop up. If you encounter an error please email me (info@clueboard.co) and let me know what you were doing. I will get it fixed up as quick as I can.

Improvements over the original payment site:

• No more google sheet! All data comes from MySQL! Fast! Fast! Fast!
  • It now shows your order breakdown accurately, including how much of a deposit you paid.
  • Page loads are fast!
  • If you are one of the 20 people who overpaid your deposit it highlights how much credit you'll get towards shipping costs.
  • Zippy page loads!

With these updates here is what the roadmap currently looks like:

• Reconcile orders
  • Move orders out of Google Sheets and into MySQL
  • Modify current nantucket site to pull from MySQL instead of Google Sheets
  • Write feature to add more blanks/child sets to your current order at the retail price
  • Push live to production
  • Write feature to sell sets to people on the waiting list
  • Push live to production
  • Write feature to pay balance due
  • Push the payment feature
  • People can now pay and receive their NS order

That about wraps it for this Nantucket Selectric update...

Well, there is one more thing: You can now request Child Sets and Blank Keys to be added to your order at retail! To accommodate everyone who has had a change in needs since last March, I've opened up requests for child sets and blank keys. These requests will be filled from the retail inventory.

No email for me :(
Did you follow skllys link to the new site and type your email?

Sent from a payphone in 1986

Thank you ^^, Skull said my order is special :(

Offline krisst

« Reply #724 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 05:24:44 »
Skully, any time frame when those special Clueboard keys would be ready? Hopefully will get more details on that.

Thank you!

Offline Ari Gold

Re: [GB] Nantucket Selectric - Modern Selectric Goes Sailing! (SA 1-1-2-3-4-4)
« Reply #725 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 05:38:17 »
Ordered for my Atreus Keyboard =)

Edit: If I'm in for the highest tier buy, I will be automatically enter for the discount if MOQ is reached?

The graph is a little confusing for me. Maybe I'm not seeing it. I see the bar graph for each set. Are those showing how many bought each child set? If so, why is there a people graph? What am I missing lol

Double Edit: Ah I see it now. Little confusing at first  :thumb:

Did you order the plank set for the Atreus?

Offline mushbert

« Reply #726 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 15:32:31 »
A word of caution: Be extra careful when you add requests to your order, because you cannot edit them in any way after they have been submitted! I accidentally picked a keycap of the wrong size - I sent a message to skullydazed via his website as suggested and he reset my order so I could make the requests again. Great service, but the more people that do this the longer getting everything shipped will take.

[updated with corrected info]
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 September 2016, 15:44:59 by mushbert »

Offline Armstrong01

« Reply #727 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 16:11:49 »
Skully, any time frame when those special Clueboard keys would be ready? Hopefully will get more details on that.

Thank you!

+1. Roughly how long? If SP takes a month I might just press the "Nothing else needed"  button and spare myself the trouble/wait.
Planck | Pok3r ISO-UK | Ducky Premier ANSI-US

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #728 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 16:45:07 »
Good news everyone! I got word from SP that the Clueboard caps shipped today! I wasn't expecting that until next week at the earliest.

Work continues on the sorting/shipping front. Last night I sent update emails to everyone. If you didn't get yours please check your Spam folder. If you can't find it anywhere email info@clueboard.co so I can look into it.

We have the majority of order weights figured out. This does not include any extras you may have requested. The first shipping emails will go out Thursday or Friday, depending on how long it takes me to get that infrastructure in place.

Code: [Select]
MariaDB [nantucket]> select count(*) from orders where package_weight > 0\G
*************************** 1. row ***************************
count(*): 312

For most orders under 450 g (16 oz) your order will fit into a padded envelope. I shipped 90% of my Modern Selectric orders in these and have yet to have any damaged keysets, even when going to Asia or the Middle East. If you'd like, you'll be able to pay extra for a cardboard box instead. This will increase your order's weight by about 280 g (10 oz) and therefore the cost. You will make that decision when you pay for shipping, and will be able to see exactly what the cost difference is for your order.

If your order is larger than 450 g it will go into a cardboard box and you will not have that choice to make.

Offline hapns

« Reply #729 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 17:33:18 »
Good news everyone! I got word from SP that the Clueboard caps shipped today! I wasn't expecting that until next week at the earliest.

Work continues on the sorting/shipping front. Last night I sent update emails to everyone. If you didn't get yours please check your Spam folder. If you can't find it anywhere email info@clueboard.co so I can look into it.

We have the majority of order weights figured out. This does not include any extras you may have requested. The first shipping emails will go out Thursday or Friday, depending on how long it takes me to get that infrastructure in place.

For most orders under 450 g (16 oz) your order will fit into a padded envelope. I shipped 90% of my Modern Selectric orders in these and have yet to have any damaged keysets, even when going to Asia or the Middle East. If you'd like, you'll be able to pay extra for a cardboard box instead. This will increase your order's weight by about 280 g (10 oz) and therefore the cost. You will make that decision when you pay for shipping, and will be able to see exactly what the cost difference is for your order.

If your order is larger than 450 g it will go into a cardboard box and you will not have that choice to make.

Thanks for the constant updates Skully!

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #730 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 22:43:39 »

Awesome to hear :)

Also, question about the waiting list: Will it be First-Come-First-Serve, as in I better camp my PC and wait for the email, or will it be in order of being added to the waiting list? Thanks Skully <3

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #731 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 14:52:55 »
Awesome to hear :)

Also, question about the waiting list: Will it be First-Come-First-Serve, as in I better camp my PC and wait for the email, or will it be in order of being added to the waiting list? Thanks Skully <3

It's in order by waiting list.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #732 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 18:17:05 »
Are waiting list people able to place their order yet? I didn't actually have an account in your shop until now, only the one on helpdesk where you replied that I was added to the list.

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #733 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 22:15:07 »
Super appreciating the regular updates, Skully.  :thumb:

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #734 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 22:49:58 »
Are waiting list people able to place their order yet? I didn't actually have an account in your shop until now, only the one on helpdesk where you replied that I was added to the list.

Not yet. I'm working on that. My priority right now is to get sets shipping however. Once that starts I can focus on the waiting list.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #735 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 01:38:26 »
Hi Everyone, a quick update-

I'm not quite done getting payments worked out. The paypal API isn't cooperating and the sandbox site seems to be broken. :/ I'm very close, all the calculations are coded out and I just need to be able to collect money from everyone.

The Clueboard keys arrived today, as did a whole lot of boxes and envelopes. We have all the orders weighed and ready to quote shipping prices too. I expect that Sunday or Monday you'll be able to start paying for and having orders shipped.

If you're waiting on the waiting list, I'm afraid you'll be waiting just a little longer. Don't worry, you'll have at least 4 days (I'm hoping for a week) to see your email and request your sets.

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #736 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 01:55:13 »

I'm not quite done getting payments worked out. The paypal API isn't cooperating and the sandbox site seems to be broken. :/ I'm very close, all the calculations are coded out and I just need to be able to collect money from everyone.

The Clueboard keys arrived today, as did a whole lot of boxes and envelopes. We have all the orders weighed and ready to quote shipping prices too. I expect that Sunday or Monday you'll be able to start paying for and having orders shipped.

If you're waiting on the waiting list, I'm afraid you'll be waiting just a little longer. Don't worry, you'll have at least 4 days (I'm hoping for a week) to see your email and request your sets.
Thanks for the update, as always, Skully :)

Offline hatran87

« Reply #737 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 05:10:24 »
Sold
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 October 2016, 02:34:18 by hatran87 »

Compact SQ by Leeku

Offline pwade3

« Reply #738 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 09:14:21 »

Thanks for the update Skully. As said countless times, your transparency with this and the amount of effort you're putting into this has made this GB an amazing experience. This combined with my orders from Clueboard in the past (a board and switch tester) have me really looking forward to whatever all you have planned for the future. Really looking forward to that aluminum case for starters!

One question, will we be finding out about our requests for extras at the same time as shipping? I think I might've overlooked wherever that was mentioned.

Offline arhetue

« Reply #739 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 16:40:46 »
For some in real life reasons, i want to sell my Nantucket set such as:

1 x TKL
1 x Numpad
1 x Homing
1 x Specialty Keys
1 x Cape Cod
1 x Amity Island
1 x RDD 6.25U Spacebars
1 x YCF 6.25U Spacebars

I will let skully know when we're deal.

My set still on skully's hand, and just let him know to change shipping address :)

I'll bite. Pm'ed

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #740 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 16:58:13 »
For some in real life reasons, i want to sell my Nantucket set such as:

1 x TKL
1 x Numpad
1 x Homing
1 x Specialty Keys
1 x Cape Cod
1 x Amity Island
1 x RDD 6.25U Spacebars
1 x YCF 6.25U Spacebars

I will let skully know when we're deal.

My set still on skully's hand, and just let him know to change shipping address :)

I'll bite. Pm'ed

Gah! Too slow. Drop me a line if it doesn't work out pls!  :thumb:

Offline Bluestrike2

« Reply #741 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 13:49:49 »
Just requested a couple extra blank keycaps. I can't wait to receive them. Thanks again skully for all the hard work you've put into this. No doubt you'll be happy when they're all packed up and shipped out. :)

Offline hapns

« Reply #742 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 10:54:20 »
For those of you who aren't on Reddit, a few people have received their sets so far:

http://imgur.com/a/0jKqU
http://i.imgur.com/E4dvZ8u.jpg

Offline Zettawrath

« Reply #743 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 11:09:21 »
For those of you who aren't on Reddit, a few people have received their sets so far:

Might be worth mentioning that these individuals got the sets early because of picking it up and person and another complicated situation, the rest haven't started shipping yet :)

Offline Bluestrike2

« Reply #744 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 11:13:00 »
Random question: is anyone who ordered the specialty keys add-on willing to consider selling just their R3 circled dot 1.75U cap (non-stepped)? On my Pok3r I have caps set to use the FN key, and I'd love to have both keys match. I just can't justify spending the extra money for the entire add-on for a single key. If not, it's not a huge deal; I added a couple blanks that will do the job if need be.

In any case, I can't wait. And those pics from hapns only make it worse. I'm bad enough at the whole 'patience' thing to begin with :).

Offline hapns

« Reply #745 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 11:35:25 »

Might be worth mentioning that these individuals got the sets early because of picking it up and person and another complicated situation, the rest haven't started shipping yet :)

Good point! Sorry about that. I'm just excited to see photos regardless of how the sets were acquired.

But yes, one was from the SF meet up, and the other was a unique circumstance where the individual was visiting USA, and Skully rushed it to him while he was in the country.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up  ;D

Offline mushbert

« Reply #746 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 15:21:54 »
Random question: is anyone who ordered the specialty keys add-on willing to consider selling just their R3 circled dot 1.75U cap (non-stepped)?

I was thinking of starting a thread in the classifieds forum for trades, but figured I'd wait until the caps arrive. Myself I'm looking for a 1.25U R4 that's not in the TKL/Specialty/Numpad sets, preferably an ISO trident or an Amity octopus. ^-^

Offline skaloola

« Reply #747 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 20:54:37 »
can't wait for my set.  i bought the amity islands and it would have been kinda cool to have legends on the mods have diff. colors, kind of like penumbra and another set did i think.

maybe an addon pack in the future? =)
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 September 2016, 20:56:58 by skaloola »

Offline Erysichthon

« Reply #748 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 22:06:04 »
Random question: is anyone who ordered the specialty keys add-on willing to consider selling just their R3 circled dot 1.75U cap (non-stepped)? On my Pok3r I have caps set to use the FN key, and I'd love to have both keys match. I just can't justify spending the extra money for the entire add-on for a single key. If not, it's not a huge deal; I added a couple blanks that will do the job if need be.

In any case, I can't wait. And those pics from hapns only make it worse. I'm bad enough at the whole 'patience' thing to begin with :).
I'm on the wait list for the specialties. If I get in on them I'd be happy to sell you that one.

Offline tstackhouse

• Bloghouse
« Reply #749 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 09:02:41 »

Once I figure out which caps I'm using we can talk :) I get the feeling that I won't be using that, though I've got a Pok3r as well, though I don't have my caps lock mapped like that.