Author Topic: [IC] GMK Moon Dust | FINAL UPDATE! GB, Kits, Pricing!!!!!!  (Read 54699 times)

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
[IC] GMK Moon Dust | FINAL UPDATE! GB, Kits, Pricing!!!!!!
« on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 07:50:41 »

Update!
Group buy launches January 1st!
US: Cannonkeys
Asia: iLumkb
EU: MyKeyboard
Oceania: Daily Clack

Prices!
US:  Base- $135  Spacebars-$30  Novelties-$46  Desk Mats-$17
Asia: Base- 195 SGD   Spacebars-45 SGD  Novelties-67 SGD  Desk Mats-26 SGD
EU: TBA
Oceania: Base-$211  Spacebars-$47  Noveltes-$72  Desk Mats-$26.55

FINAL KITS!

Deskmats

Landing
The endless dark poured over the cosmonaut as he stepped out of his space capsule.
 It was as cold and quiet as the still of night. He looked ahead across the surface of this foreign moon. Barren, cratered, yet beautiful. The horizon was still such a sight to behold. Stars and darkness kissing the tops of mountains in the distance. The sky was the most beautiful He'd ever seen. While observing his attention was immediately directed to what appeared to be a moving star? An Asteroid? No, not a star, a space ship! The ship appeared to be coming in for a landing a ways off.

Astonished, the cosmonaut pushed off the moon's surface and into the air. He just had to get a closer look. In the distance, the mysterious space ship lands with a cloud of dust. It was long and slender with tendrils along the sides of it. It looked organic. The front end was larger than the back with large and small round Orbs of light all over it. It almost looked like a giant creature. Parts of the ship looked like they were alive the way they were glowing and moving. Moving closer he can see that the orbs are windows! The body of ship was as dark as the dead of space; the windows glowed bright like star.

Anxiety and curiosity washed over the cosmonaut as he rushed to the unknown vessel as fast as one could in such gravity. He leapt from crater to dune, dust flying into the air. He was thinking "what will I find?!" As he gets closer to the mysterious ship he starts to think if running out there was a good idea. Should he have just stayed at the capsule? Its too late. He's almost there. No turning back now.

As the cosmonaut comes upon the large ship he's breathless at the sight of it. He thinks to himself, "such a strange looking ship. It must be aliens!" As he takes another step towards the ship the bottom hatch starts to open. The door is large and…pulsing? It looks as if it has glowing tubes or veins running through it. Mist begins to pour out of the opening kicking more dust into the air. The cosmonaut is thinking, "What is about to happen? What is going to be on the other side of that hatch? Was this a mistake?" As the hatch fully opens the mist starts to dissipate and reveals nothing but a void of darkness. Unable to take his eyes off of the darkened entrance of the ship, the cosmonaut was as still as could be, not a thought in his mind.
There in the darkness he sees nothing but a set of purple glowing eyes…

"お前はも死んでいる。"

"W-what?..."

OLD KITS
More
Old kits

Renders

Color Samples
The pantone chips were pictured in the same place just a few minutes apart in natural lighting.

Vendors

Groupbuy blasts off on February January 2020

US: Cannonkeys
Asia: iLumkb
EU: MyKeyboard
Oceania: Daily Clack

Feedback Form (Click Here)

Are all colors custom?
Yes
Will you do more novelties?
Yes, if enough interest. Feel free to suggest some!
How much will it cost?
Prices are TBA until we get community feedback and finalize kits.
Will you consider other kits?
Yes, if enough interest is expressed.
Any artisan collabs?
Stay tuned... ;)
This is all great, but what's next?
Collect feedback, make changes/additions, finalize kits, get a quote, then go Groupbuy!

Special thanks

Renders: Janglad, Abec13
Design Help: Rensuya
Keyboards pictured above in order: M60A, KBD19X, Dharma, Satisfaction 75, CA66, Planck, 45-ATS

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101632.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/nqaWmqg.png[/img][/url]
Here is a link to the discord if you would like to follow more closely: https://discord.gg/DxKNTD3

Update:
I've posted a rough draft of a novelty kit on discord! Should be pinned in the Moon Dust chat! Please take a look and leave feedback if you care to!

« Last Edit: Tue, 31 December 2019, 23:04:16 by Hisui »

Offline Full

Re: [IC] GMK Moon Dust | Space Themed Set
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:00:34 »
looks good! :)
Hi!

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:05:20 »
I love the contrast between the purple and the off-white alphas. Definitely in for this  :thumb:

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:13:53 »
VT contrast PTSD.  :rolleyes:

I'd work on the mods a bit personally, and change a few keys in the basekit - but overall pretty cool!

Oh, and art is on point as always! :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:15:26 by Emir »

Offline boboking5

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:18:30 »
Looks great, hope you can nail the contrast on the mods!

Also, your rows are wrong on the base set picture/info thing. In the bottom left you have R2 for the extra caps/r3 control and ansi enter and then have R3 for the extra shifts that should be R4
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:21:49 by boboking5 »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:21:42 »
Also, please decide on only one renderer, this is confusing. I remember Shoko did this in IC as well and it was difficult to know what to expect.
One renderer has the mods really black, while the other one portrays them as dark gray.

Which is it?

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:31:27 »
Also, please decide on only one renderer, this is confusing. I remember Shoko did this in IC as well and it was difficult to know what to expect.
One renderer has the mods really black, while the other one portrays them as dark gray.

Which is it?

Thats is just a lighting difference, The renders from Janglad have brighter light while Abec's are more natural. You would get this color shift with IRL different lighting. I didnt think the color shift between these two people's preference was enough to warrant the set looking completely different. If it is a huge problem, I can easily post the chips. I bought all the color chips for color matching already.

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:32:56 »
Looks great, hope you can nail the contrast on the mods!

Also, your rows are wrong on the base set picture/info thing. In the bottom left you have R2 for the extra caps/r3 control and ansi enter and then have R3 for the extra shifts that should be R4

Thanks for pointing that out! I did the row numbers myself, and I must admit. I dont know much about keyboards. this is more so my bfs hobby. Hes just gotten me sucked in XD

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:34:39 »
Looking very awesome. VT is my all time favourite looking set and this is really close to it  :thumb:

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:42:39 »

Which is it?

Thats is just a lighting difference, The renders from Janglad have brighter light while Abec's are more natural. You would get this color shift with IRL different lighting. I didnt think the color shift between these two people's preference was enough to warrant the set looking completely different. If it is a huge problem, I can easily post the chips. I bought all the color chips for color matching already.

I am not so sure, abecs more "natural" looks much more saturated, while janglads "brighter light" looks more muted. That's not the affect lighting has on keycaps.

This is very confusing, at least to me. Maybe I am alone in feeling that way. :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 July 2019, 08:44:42 by Emir »

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 09:16:52 »

Which is it?

I am not so sure, abecs more "natural" looks much more saturated, while janglads "brighter light" looks more muted. That's not the affect lighting has on keycaps.

This is very confusing, at least to me. Maybe I am alone in feeling that way. :)
Jan's renders are the more saturated ones. Regardless, if it's a huge issue, I will post the colors. No worries.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 09:17:43 »

Which is it?

Jan's renders are the more saturated ones. Regardless, if it's a huge issue, I will post the colors. No worries.

Ah, I didn't know which was which, just assumed, but that's great! Looking forward to it! :)

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 09:19:36 »

Which is it?

Ah, I didn't know which was which, just assumed, but that's great! Looking forward to it! :)
That's ok! They aren't labeled separately, Ren thought it looked nicer to not have them spaced out, lol.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 10:09:07 »
Why would you have Japanese text in the marketing or kit overview, if you're not going to include j-legends?

Offline Vaii

• wat
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 10:24:04 »
Oof this is a very good set, absolutely love the deskmat.
Looking forward to seeing this progress.
wtb dark plushberry (mx) bbv2 / starcluster (mx) bbv2

Offline norb

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 11:03:15 »
a few 1.25u novelties would be great, even if they're the same graphic as the 1u's.

and since violet tendencies has already been mentioned, please make sure that the contrast between the mods and its labels is good enough, that was a pretty big issue with violet tendencies. the renders were fine but irl the mods were pretty unreadable under darker lightning conditions.

the deskmat is cute af. :thumb:

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 11:55:54 »
I like this alot! Especially with the novelties in the base kit.

Make it so!

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 12:02:43 »
Why would you have Japanese text in the marketing or kit overview, if you're not going to include j-legends?

i was told that most people dont like j legends. I will most definitely add a Kobe or sub legends kit if there is demand for it! :D We are gathering feed back right now and putting together a google form! So, if you'd like to see that and anything else please say so!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 12:03:26 »
ne icon mod packs avail?!

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 12:05:32 »
a few 1.25u novelties would be great, even if they're the same graphic as the 1u's.

and since violet tendencies has already been mentioned, please make sure that the contrast between the mods and its labels is good enough, that was a pretty big issue with violet tendencies. the renders were fine but irl the mods were pretty unreadable under darker lightning conditions.

the deskmat is cute af. :thumb:

Thanks for the feed back! I will definitely be keen on making sure that once we're in color matching stage, that legibility will be on my list. My sight is bad in low light personally, so being able to see the legends in lower lighting is high priority!
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 July 2019, 12:25:15 by Hisui »

Offline fractl

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 13:53:16 »
I'm usually not a big fan of novelties, but the three novelties pictured are nice.  I like the design and the look of the purple on the lighter lavender.  I have no idea what the image on the Esc key is, though.  (I thought maybe the man-in-the moon, but who knows.)

I assume some novelty renders will be posted eventually?

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 14:09:28 »
I'm usually not a big fan of novelties, but the three novelties pictured are nice.  I like the design and the look of the purple on the lighter lavender.  I have no idea what the image on the Esc key is, though.  (I thought maybe the man-in-the moon, but who knows.)

the ats-45 and the ca 66 have the novelties on them. For a larger view of the individual novelty designs they are on the left side of the Base Kit render! :D Im glad you like the novelties!

Offline Tekilashot

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 14:39:17 »

i was told that most people dont like j legends. I will most definitely add a Kobe or sub legends kit if there is demand for it! :D We are gathering feed back right now and putting together a google form! So, if you'd like to see that and anything else please say so!

Be different, hangul sub legends please ;)

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 14:51:02 »

Be different, hangul sub legends please ;)

Note taken! :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 July 2019, 15:46:52 by Hisui »

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 15:07:28 »
I love this! I'm in for 1 of each  ;D :thumb: :cool:

Offline fractl

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 18:15:54 »

the ats-45 and the ca 66 have the novelties on them. For a larger view of the individual novelty designs they are on the left side of the Base Kit render! :D Im glad you like the novelties!

Oops... I skipped right to the renders, so I didn't examine the base kit closely, and didn't realize the novelties were in the base kit.  Thanks.

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 19:54:54 »

Oops... I skipped right to the renders, so I didn't examine the base kit closely, and didn't realize the novelties were in the base kit.  Thanks.

Youre welcome!

Offline vicissitude

Re: [IC] GMK Moon Dust | Google form & Color samples added!!
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 03:21:58 »
Lovely.
Wish for more novelties.

Offline Karni

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 06:33:18 »
Im so in

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 13:19:56 »
Lovely.
Wish for more novelties.
Let us know in the Google form! :D

Offline megaforce

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 10:37:02 »
ne hiragana subs avail
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 11:12:43 »
ne hiragana subs avail
Vote for it in the Google form! :D

Offline Jermane

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 13:43:06 »
This set looks incredible, love that spaceman novelty! Good work. :thumb:

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 14:44:21 »
Ooof, lovely colors, I'm in.

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 09:24:48 »
The contrast with these colors is amazing! And the art goes so well with the theme, it makes me feel like I'm in the story with that Moonman on his journey. Form filled  :thumb:

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 15:33:38 »
ne icon mod packs avail?!

Possibly! :D you can request it in the google form! If the interest is there, I'll add it!

Offline nudoh

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 17:27:21 »
Really like the light purple color on this set. The dark purple adds a good effect to it as well.

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 19:16:20 »
I see a lot of people in the Google form asking for prices. I don't have a quote for the current kits because GMK told me that they will only give me two quotes for free. Any price quotes past that get charged as an additional fee on top of the quoted prices. (Eg. A kit might be 30$ but become $35-$40 because of too many kit revisions that asked for a quote each time it was changed.)

Once I have enough form fillouts to gague weather it not kit revisions should be made them I'll hit up gmk for a quote!  :D so just hang in there guys, fill out that Google form, and in a few weeks I'll post any potential changes and get your opinions on them and send off for a quote!

Thanks for all the positive feed back thus far, guys!!

Offline peggisan

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 23:33:58 »
would really love to get a vim arrows kit

Offline nyry43

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 12:18:56 »
Looks pretty cool!

+1 for j sublegends.

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 13:47:43 »
Looks pretty cool!

+1 for j sublegends.

Im rooting for jsubs to get enough votes! Its slowly getting there!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 14:11:32 »
Not sure how all the weeb stuff here makes sense, but I’m sure it’ll look cool

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 14:18:25 »
looks cool!

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 15:27:27 »

It was originally just for the meme, but then I had a full story in mind. but Im not a good writer...and this isnt a short stories forum lol. so...its just weeby because Im a weeb. Im sorry XD

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 16:19:53 »

It was originally just for the meme, but then I had a full story in mind. but Im not a good writer...and this isnt a short stories forum lol. so...its just weeby because Im a weeb. Im sorry XD

A story is super cool! I think mito did this with laser, but I'm not sure. Don't think it would be frowned upon :) regardless, super interested in this set. Looking forward to gb stage :thumb:

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 12:34:18 »
Thanks! maybe next time Ill just do a short comic instead of in writing, thats more up my alley anyways. I thought it would take up too much space though, so I just opted for a short story. XD I told Ren what I wanted and he's the one who actually typed it up for me!

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 19:46:21 »
Love the composition of the colors on this set, that cream and purple combination with the super dark purple looks great.

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
Re: [IC] GMK Moon Dust | Vendors added and GB date change!!
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 11:40:24 »
Added some of the vendors to the original post and we ended up moving the gb date! ;D im also talking to a few people to maybe see about some arisan collabs! So stay tuned!

Offline jyon

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 12:44:47 »
Really digging the color scheme and deskmat! Looks great on various case colors too.

I'd be interested to see a gaijin alpha set would look on these too.

Offline Dass

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 13:13:38 »
Will you be getting samples done? I worry about the contrast on those legends.