Author Topic: I Hydro Dipped my QFR Case  (Read 38618 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: I Hydro Dipped my QFR Case
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:22:15 »
That looks really nice!

Any idea how hydrodipping works? Does it scratch easily? Looks a bit soft..
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:46:50 »
I would read the reviews for the controllers to check the quality. The one review for the keyboard dipping makes it seem like a solid coating.

http://www.morbidstix.com/keyboard-hydro-dipping-send-in-service/

Offline JDragon

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 00:20:05 »
Sorry for the thread necro, but looking to mod my Novatouch and this caught my eye. Is it pretty simple to just take apart the Novatouch and send in the case?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 05:28:45 »
Sorry for the thread necro, but looking to mod my Novatouch and this caught my eye. Is it pretty simple to just take apart the Novatouch and send in the case?

There are some pictures in this thread of a disassembled Novatouch, if that's any help.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hattorihamza

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 15:16:11 »
Looks like something I would get interested in. Doesn't the QFR have to be stripped of everything? Any tips on how to get this done?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 17:20:59 »
Looks like something I would get interested in. Doesn't the QFR have to be stripped of everything? Any tips on how to get this done?

Stripped? how do you mean exactly? I know some have the rubberized kind of case. My QFR didn't but my NT did and it dipped just fine.

I just had to take the case off and send it off  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 00:08:23 »

If you want to remove the rubberised coating, most people just sand it off, carefully.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Erzegovaz

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 16:12:31 »
This is awesome man! very very very nice :D Also my GF tell me "we need to try faaaaaast!" :D
Are there any tricks? Just disassemble and use hydro dip? Or we need to use sandpaper and then one specific cover?
Thanks

Offline Erzegovaz

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 16:13:20 »

Stripped? how do you mean exactly? I know some have the rubberized kind of case. My QFR didn't but my NT did and it dipped just fine.

I just had to take the case off and send it off  :thumb:

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 16:22:01 »
I freakin' love Italy! My hat is off to you Erzegovaz :)

Offline Erzegovaz

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 16:36:35 »
I freakin' love Italy! My hat is off to you Erzegovaz :)
AHahah Hi there! :D So you are welcome in Tuscany if u bring some keyboard with you  :p 
We have a beautiful sea, beautiful mountain, river, women,food...miss just a stupid keyboard market! I have too much project in my mind for live in Italy  ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 September 2016, 16:39:26 by Erzegovaz »