Author Topic: [GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom(waiting to ship out)  (Read 258837 times)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom(waiting to ship out)
« Reply #1050 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 10:49:11 »
I have some major issues. These are all on the bottom side of the case but still  :eek:.........Really disappointing to see this many defects, especially when it seems my kbd fans 5 degree case had better quality control.

That sucks, man. At least they are on the bottom?

Offline tron

« Reply #1051 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 13:34:04 »
I have some major issues. These are all on the bottom side of the case but still  :eek:.........Really disappointing to see this many defects, especially when it seems my kbd fans 5 degree case had better quality control.

That sucks, man. At least they are on the bottom?

Yes all the imperfections are on the bottom. I believe I have at least one edge defect similar to the one ArchDill posted, however, it's not visible once the case is assembled.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #1052 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 07:54:56 »
In these cases, do the group buy organizes replace the item, or are the buyers supposed to just suck it up and still be grateful for paying $400 and waiting months for a scratched up product?

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #1053 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 11:35:37 »
The damage is unacceptable in my opinion. This group buy has gone on for 8+ months and counting. Everyone paid a  high price for a flawless, premium product. There shouldn’t be dents, marks and etc.,

I sent a message to Raymond notifying him of the complaints on GH, and asking if the others were checked before shipping, I didn’t receive a reply..and it’s been a few days..It seems he’s checking Geekhack but hasn’t decided to say anything yet. (Maybe he’s trying to come up with a solution?) :(

I’m crossing my fingers and hoping I’m not affected, since I ordered two boards. I hope I don’t end up regretting it because now for $350 (RJ was $370+shipping for tray mount, mind you) , you can get so much more from Kin (flawless board, brass plate, PCB, Bag, etc.)

Please make things right for the other buyers, Raymond!  :(

I’ll notify everyone how my boards are whenever I get them...from what I read above my goods are probably in the very last box going to OriginativeCo.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 December 2017, 11:37:33 by Unforgivable »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1054 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 12:23:44 »
In these cases, do the group buy organizes replace the item, or are the buyers supposed to just suck it up and still be grateful for paying $400 and waiting months for a scratched up product?

generally, you're boned if you get a case like this

it's chalked up to aesthetic damage

a few of the chinese buyers got theirs with issues like these, is just that they're minor (or you can't see them when its on your desk) so they don't really give a ****
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mintyfruits

« Reply #1055 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 13:29:47 »
Here is the right corner (blocker area) blemish on mine. I know to some it might not be a big deal, but I see it every time I look at/use the board. :(

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #1056 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 18:01:57 »
Still hoping to see this in 2017 too... Shame it took a little while, but I've been plenty distracted with school this fall haha.

As for people in the SS Plate mini group buy: You should have received an update email from him -- all plates have been shipped! Let me or him know if you have any questions!

Sorry to all folks in my mini-GB who were waiting with no update from me. I offer my most sincere apologies, and I hope that I can make it up to you in the future. Everyone should have/be receiving their plates; if you haven't received either the package or tracking info, please let me know, as PayPal has been unreliable with tracking emails of late. Thank you for your patience, and if anyone has any questions please let me know.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1057 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 01:19:57 »
Here is the right corner (blocker area) blemish on mine. I know to some it might not be a big deal, but I see it every time I look at/use the board. :(

That sucks. That is the same location as one of mine. Mine is gray so it does not show up as much. Still not sure why only the last few have had the damage.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #1058 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 22:35:55 »
I sent an email to Oco a few days back, asking about how the scratches being reported by some customers will be handled. They said they're trying to get in touch with the supplier on how it could be handled, but right now, they don't have any extras they could use for replacements. You might want to check or follow up with them via email if the set you got really has problematic blemishes.

For those still waiting to get their sets, I suggest if you see unacceptable marks/scratches/dents on the kits you receive, don't proceed with the build. Take photos, and immediately send it to them via email. That way, it will help build a case to be raised to the supplier.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1059 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 00:14:12 »
I sent an email to Oco a few days back, asking about how the scratches being reported by some customers will be handled. They said they're trying to get in touch with the supplier on how it could be handled, but right now, they don't have any extras they could use for replacements. You might want to check or follow up with them via email if the set you got really has problematic blemishes.

For those still waiting to get their sets, I suggest if you see unacceptable marks/scratches/dents on the kits you receive, don't proceed with the build. Take photos, and immediately send it to them via email. That way, it will help build a case to be raised to the supplier.

O. Co told me the same. I'm waiting on another response from Raymond.

Offline AlexG

« Reply #1060 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 09:59:54 »

O. Co told me the same. I'm waiting on another response from Raymond.

I've had my board for about 3 months now. Didn't order it through O. Co. My case has a small knick on the front of it. I told Raymond about it, he offered to have it reanodized. Told me that it was possible that it could come out worse than before. I decided not to go with it. I'm not sure there is much you or anyone that has scratches can do.

Offline Perfex

« Reply #1061 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 10:37:47 »
I would have thought just by the fact he put his initials on the product that there would be no chance he would send out damaged boards.

I haven’t received my board yet, but I am already worried.

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #1062 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 08:13:34 »
Are people still waiting for their boards? **** you Oco.

Offline mintyfruits

« Reply #1063 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 09:27:01 »
I would have thought just by the fact he put his initials on the product that there would be no chance he would send out damaged boards.

Geez... wtf is Oco doing? ._.

Offline Perfex

« Reply #1064 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 14:18:31 »

I’m quite sure Originative would send them out if they had them in hand.

Offline mintyfruits

« Reply #1065 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 15:10:51 »

I’m quite sure Originative would send them out if they had them in hand.

I thought Oco received the rest of the boards?

Also, I had a question - has anyone had any issues with electric shock? Every time I touch the board and a static discharge occurs, my computer reboots. Any idea what might be causing this?

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1066 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 23:40:09 »
Still waiting on all three of mine as well... :(

Haven't been able to think about them much because of college, but now that finals are out of the way...

Honestly, the small scratches and nicks don't really bother me. I just want my boards in hand.

Offline mintyfruits

« Reply #1067 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 15:15:11 »
Well, I think I fixed my static discharge problem.

In case anyone else runs into this problem, here is how I fixed it: I took a small wire terminal and placed it between the PCB and the metal standoff. I then soldered the other end of the wire to a GND point on my Zeal60 (far left row if you're looking at the top of the PCB; this row has VCC, GND, RST, etc.). This so far as resolved my issue (I built up some static charge several times and shocked the board with no disconnection issues or reboots). I'll update if I notice different results.

I hope this is helpful...
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 December 2017, 15:18:36 by mintyfruits »

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #1068 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 07:36:54 »
Still waiting for my boards.. F*CK YOU originative co. Also still have zero communication from them.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #1069 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 09:56:40 »
This is getting a little out of hand..I’m just concerned the remaining boards will be busted/damaged. Seeing the pictures of everyone’s defects on their board is making me nervous. :(

I don’t understand why a shipping company would only deliver 1/3 or 2/3 boxes. And I also don’t understand why no one is providing any updates, it’s as if they washed their hands of it.

Can Raymond or OriginativeCo please provide any updates?
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 December 2017, 10:03:13 by Unforgivable »

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #1070 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 10:24:06 »
Relax, Santa has all the boards, they will probably all arrive during Christmas. If they don't, you're on his naughty list. Anyways, never hurts to be optimistic!

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #1071 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 12:39:15 »
I am also still waiting for my board from Oco and they have not responded to my emails from a month ago. I just PM'ed RevoTeam. I'll report back here if I get a response.

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #1072 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 20:39:31 »
Still waiting on mine too, hopefully there are no marks....

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1073 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 22:54:34 »
Still waiting on mine too, hopefully there are no marks....

At this point, even I am starting to get a bit anxious at the lack of communication from oco and raymond.

Offline krispy

« Reply #1074 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 14:25:12 »
At this point, even I am starting to get a bit anxious at the lack of communication from oco and raymond.

I've been emailing Oco for over a month now with no response. I've also PM'ed Oco and RevoTeam here with no response yet either.

Offline Perfex

« Reply #1075 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 15:20:39 »
Here is the last correspondence I had with Originative.

Offline krispy

« Reply #1076 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 15:49:06 »
Kinda sucks that it takes over a month (or some unknown amount of time) to send a shipment from China to Oco and neither side wants to tell us why.

Offline Perfex

« Reply #1077 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 15:36:31 »
Originative update:

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1078 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 14:45:55 »

Offline tron

« Reply #1080 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 16:37:21 »
Does anyone know the firmware file name to use with "firmup"? I flashed "ps2avrGB4U_NKRO". I can map new keys and click upload but get stuck with a frozen "processing" window. The "ps2avrGB4U_NKRO" doesn't allow me to "download" my current keymap. Other versions of the firmware such as "ps2avrGB4U_split_NKRO" allow me to download my current keymap but don't allow me to upload a new one (upload is grayed out).

Edit: I had the wrong firmware uploaded. Everything is working great now.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 December 2017, 01:23:42 by tron »

Offline tron

« Reply #1081 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 15:29:51 »
Finished my RJ build over Christmas  :cool:

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #1082 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 18:55:20 »

Sweet build! Holy Pandas?

Offline tron

« Reply #1083 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 19:07:33 »

Sweet build! Holy Pandas?

Yes they are Holy Pandas (Halo Clear stem+Panda housing). They are quite tactile for an mx switch.

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #1084 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 16:59:24 »
Revo, is there any ETA for the Oco orders to ship out?
Next week...I will post here when i ship out Oco orders

Where the **** is my Oco order?... It's been 4 months since these started shipping out.
*edited for formatting*
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 January 2018, 17:01:33 by gumeraser »

Offline gumeraser

Re: [GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom(in production)
« Reply #1085 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 17:06:55 »
I am shipping all the orders paid to me first and then orders from oco. But right now,typhoon in Shenzhen and nothing can be shipped out for a couple of days.
btw,this is the black you guys asking for..

Is the typhoon over now? I hope everyone is OK.

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #1086 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 17:07:08 »
Sorry for the MIA...i have shipped all GH's order... I will have tracking numbers in a few hours. Will fill them on Paypal...

Oco's order will be shipped ASAP after i check everything is in the box...

Seriously I'm confused. Are we still in production stage or is someone swimming to the US with the Oco orders?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1087 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 17:10:28 »
Sorry for the MIA...i have shipped all GH's order... I will have tracking numbers in a few hours. Will fill them on Paypal...

Oco's order will be shipped ASAP after i check everything is in the box...

Seriously I'm confused. Are we still in production stage or is someone swimming to the US with the Oco orders?

apparently, revo never shipped the third batch of oco orders

it's unclear why oco hasn't received them
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline krispy

« Reply #1088 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 17:14:34 »
I ordered 2 of these through Oco and I am also still waiting for my boards. I swear its been months since production was supposed to be finished. How is it is possible that it's taking this long to ship? Is there a dispute between Oco and Revo Team and that's why we can't get our boards? I am not a happy customer.

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #1089 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 17:26:51 »
Raymond finally replied to my PM. I guess I should have posted here earlier. Long story short the rest of the Oco boards are basically lost in transit. If you haven't received your order yet you're ****ed. I'm asking him about refunds now..

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1090 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 17:37:18 »
Raymond finally replied to my PM. I guess I should have posted here earlier. Long story short the rest of the Oco boards are basically lost in transit. If you haven't received your order yet you're ****ed. I'm asking him about refunds now..

Ouch. Hope this isn't true. If it is, I hope it was insured for full value, if not, this is going to be costly.

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #1091 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 17:47:15 »

Ouch. Hope this isn't true. If it is, I hope it was insured for full value, if not, this is going to be costly.

https://imgur.com/a/03B4C

Yeah.. I've lost confidence in this GB and I'm guessing he won't do refunds. I'll report back if/when he responds to me. Enjoy my money Raymond, be wiser with it than I was.

Offline krispy

« Reply #1092 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 17:56:31 »

https://imgur.com/a/03B4C

Yeah.. I've lost confidence in this GB and I'm guessing he won't do refunds. I'll report back if/when he responds to me. Enjoy my money Raymond, be wiser with it than I was.

What?.. Why didn't RevoTeam tell us this?! Can we get an update from the GB runner(s)?

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #1093 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 09:31:41 »
so... whats going to happen with this?  I am not really willing to sit through another few months waiting for my board to be remanufactured.  have anyone gotten official response from oco?

Offline mintyfruits

« Reply #1094 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 11:04:35 »
Is this considered abnormal for a GB? I don’t think I could trust Revo to fix my board (and others) when some people haven’t even received theirs yet...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1095 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 11:10:27 »
Is this considered abnormal for a GB? I don’t think I could trust Revo to fix my board (and others) when some people haven’t even received theirs yet...

very abnormal

things don't normally get lost in the mail

i trust revo will make it right, but it's still unfortunate

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1096 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 12:57:37 »

Still selling mine...  :-X

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #1097 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 19:00:25 »
Still no official update from Raymond or Oco on this?

Offline krispy

« Reply #1098 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 18:03:16 »
Any updates from Revo Team and Oco on our lost boards? Hello?

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #1099 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:23:06 »
Still no official update from Raymond or Oco on this?

Still waiting to hear something, anything from either REVO TEAM or ORIGINATIVE CO. Is there a plan to handle the lost boards? Are we waiting another year for replacements? Can we just get refunds so we can leave this mess? Have we been robbed?