geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] KKB Outer Bounds - GB live!

<< < (2/8) > >>

IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES:
Like those dark alphas and the accent colorful kit

Rhienfo:
Interesting set, not sure how I feel about the mods but I think that's just a preference thing. One of the better looking KKB sets that's in IC

Would prefer a standard base kit with numpad, as numpad kits are far more expensive than just adding it to a base kit.

Would also like to see bottom row 1.5u codes/super as well as another 1u alt/fn key. Not necessary inherently but I like seeing it in kits as I use R3 control and like to have code/super keys where the bottom row controls are.

GLWIC

keepoto:

--- Quote from: roffelsaur on Sat, 23 September 2023, 12:51:00 ---Love the novelties and colour choices. Legibility for the mods might be of concern but we'll have to see the samples to know for sure right

--- End quote ---

yup it will be similar to GMK Grey on Black so legibility should not be an issue. In any event we can always opt for a slightly lighter grey shall the need arise

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Sat, 23 September 2023, 21:11:52 ---Interesting set, not sure how I feel about the mods but I think that's just a preference thing. One of the better looking KKB sets that's in IC

Would prefer a standard base kit with numpad, as numpad kits are far more expensive than just adding it to a base kit.

Would also like to see bottom row 1.5u codes/super as well as another 1u alt/fn key. Not necessary inherently but I like seeing it in kits as I use R3 control and like to have code/super keys where the bottom row controls are.

GLWIC

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestions and will look into how that impact costs of the kit

keepoto:
3/10/2023: updated novelties

There are several reasons behind this nov update:

* IC response: from the IC form responses and discord discussion, it seems people prefer having at least 1 1u key for each row, as opposed to a more loaded R1
* Cost concern: after discussion with KKB, it is preferable to reduce novelties to an economically acceptable number, due to costs associated with nov moulds.
* Style: the new sun icon should stylistically more coherent, and more unique than the previous one.
For other kitting choices, I am leaning towards normal accent kit due to cost concern (don't want to market a 50usd accent kit lol), and dark alphas will likely be available.

Vendors will be updated in due course.

trashem:
keeping my eye on this one - love the colors!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version