geekhack Community > Input Devices

Definitive Omron Switch Guide for Mice

<< < (3/44) > >>

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: louiscar on Sat, 23 July 2016, 23:55:01 ---Brilliant! Thank you, hopefully I can get one in UK or ebay.
I see the switches I have in the RAW (actually a badged version) are 10M rather than 20M not that I'm bothered too much. I will probably change the lot and I have a second one in service which I had bought cheaply so I broke that one out to use, so no great hurry to get the old one back up and running.

It's curious that Steelseries decided to use a possibly less durable switch for the scroll wheel but I expect (as in most cases) it doesn't get as much action as the others do so they figured it'd probably last as long. It's the first to go in mine though as the other switches are all are fine.

--- End quote ---
You're welcome.
Check Ebay.com (not U.K.), there is a person in the US selling the Panasonics for $2.25 each, I think it was.

I've got a few with 10m and a few with 20m, and I'm convinced the 10m can take more abuse.
 And yes, they use them because they suffer less abuse, I've never killed a wheel button.

louiscar:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Sun, 24 July 2016, 00:04:19 ---
You're welcome.
Check Ebay.com (not U.K.), there is a person in the US selling the Panasonics for $2.25 each, I think it was.

I've got a few with 10m and a few with 20m, and I'm convinced the 10m can take more abuse.
 And yes, they use them because they suffer less abuse, I've never killed a wheel button.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, yes I hardly used the scroll button - certainly never on the desktop applications but I had a couple of games that made use of it extensively so this probably took it to the end of it's life.

I've found the Omrons on ebay but also I see the equivalent to element14 here are Farnell.com and they do the switch. Judging by their postage I thought I'd maybe order the Omrons from them but they don't do the D2f-F-7N and I note your comment on fitting the Jap vs Chinese switches. The seem to do a slightly different range. Maybe the D2F01F is the closest I can see that may fit the bill?

http://uk.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?catalogId=15001&langId=44&storeId=10151&categoryName=All%20Categories&selectedCategoryId=&gs=true&st=omron%20d2f

btw. there are a couple more transpositions to edit, (DF2 instead of D2F:

--- Quote ---DF2 vs DF2 -01 (can be with or without the dash)
The next batch of numbers or lack of them is usually an 01, this indicates the spring material.
Less
DF2C  Indicates a “silver alloy spring”
DF2C -01 Indicates a “gold alloy spring”
--- End quote ---

Easily done. :-)

EDIT:
Just took off the top section to check the switches used for the side and top. I hadn't unscrewed this board yet. Looks like the switches on these are TTC and the legs are right angle. They look exactly the same size and so I expect interchangeable but I don't have any other markings on the switch to check. Another Panasonic in the middle for the toggle.

Leslieann:
The D2F01F should probably work. IF your button has a bit of slop, almost all of them do, however it will probably not last as long since anything resting on the switch will shorten the lifespan.

No idea on the other switches.

tp4tissue:
Recently got some huano switches.. Man these things are LOUD.. extremely bright sound..

I like the D2F01F better because it's much less annoying..

Panp858:
First of all thank you Leslieann for doing so much research.

Atm I have a mice on my desk which uses two D2FC-F-7N(10M) for the main buttons. But differently than expected the case has a white button and no clear point in any color. So this mismatches the information you have given.

Another points is the "Machine switch Numbers". As far as I understood your writing the machine versions are only for component placement systems while the others are for the "retail market" so to say. Anyway what does your sentence "D2FC-F-7N  is Comparable to D2FC-01F" mean in that context. Are these the same products differently labeled?

Thanks for your help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version