Author Topic: [Group Buy] Sanctuary Keyset  (Read 280446 times)

Offline Djuzuh

Re: [Group Buy] Sanctuary Keyset
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 11:37:50 »
Try and remember how much is included with the TKL set... You're not getting 87 or 88 caps, it's 115 caps which is more than a typical 104 set.

Ohh, sorry! I said the TKL set, but I meant the numpad addon! Sorry about that :P The TKL set is priced incredibly well!!!!

They expect less numpad order. So bulk prices are less interesting, and the legende fee is more noticeable.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 11:40:51 »
Try and remember how much is included with the TKL set... You're not getting 87 or 88 caps, it's 115 caps which is more than a typical 104 set.

Ohh, sorry! I said the TKL set, but I meant the numpad addon! Sorry about that :P The TKL set is priced incredibly well!!!!

Yeah the legend fee is likely a good reason the cost is so high on those sets ($40 a pop distributed between the orders). I don't know for sure since I don't have the financial details.

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline mickd

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 11:41:07 »
Yeah, just so surprised that so few people have numpads (though if I could go back in time and buy a different keyboard, I would buy the same one I have now, but the TKL version hehe). I'll still have to end up getting it though, for completeness and in case I want to use it on my main keyboard >.>

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 12:38:54 »
Lol it does look like my set with way more badass legends. Super sick guys, can't wait. As for 104 kits being unpopular, I really noticed that on my last group buy, only like 1/4 of the orders bought them. TKL is really becoming the standard. Oh well on the lack of orders, just means more leftovers for sale once everyone figures out that this is the best set produced in years.

Offline Bar81

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 17:33:24 »
Even though I just bought a Rag kit, I'm in.

Offline Intense

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 17:48:32 »
In for a gamer kit
Ergodox EZ w/Zilent V2s | WIP Dactyl Manuform 5x7 w/Holy Pandas

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 19:22:05 »
Lol it does look like my set with way more badass legends. Super sick guys, can't wait. As for 104 kits being unpopular, I really noticed that on my last group buy, only like 1/4 of the orders bought them. TKL is really becoming the standard. Oh well on the lack of orders, just means more leftovers for sale once everyone figures out that this is the best set produced in years.

Yessir, hence why I'm hoping we can get a brighter red for the black keys. But I won't say any more until Hazel tells us what he/she thinks and we have moar pix!

Cheers,

Offline darksakul

• If it is not broken fix it until it is.
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 21:14:47 »
Keep in mind the images right now are just a concept image, we yet to see photos of the actual keys.

Then again keep in mind photos are heavily effected by color distortion. The type of camera used, film (if applicable) the lighting used, Printing quality, ink paper, or even your monitor and video settings can set off color too. Incandescent light make everything have a orange tint while florescent lights make things look more blue/ pale. Even natural Sun light isn't pure white, natural sunlight make things look slightly yellowish (the sun is yellow).

It is why people who design keycaps, color matching for paint and ect often get color samples for comparison.

The shade of red used in the sample image isn't necessarily the same red the plastic is going to be. Also isn't the key caps a dark grey and not actual black.
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Offline Glissant

Re: Re: [Group Buy] Sanctuary Keyset
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 21:27:04 »
Found this on KBD:  http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/index.php?mid=photo&document_srl=4876986

Edit:  Looks a lot like Rag's set with RA legends from far away lol

This too:  http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/index.php?mid=photo&document_srl=4878235

These are prototype, not just concept.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 21:27:54 »
I'm pretty sure most of us saying they look similar took that into consideration. The red certainly does look more neon than it should. My point was that regardless its still a red on a black/dark grey. Its going to look similar to mine no matter what, but what defines them is the custom legends, which will be badass no matter what the precise colors are. If I had known this was coming I may not have done mine, but in the end I'm glad I did because delivery on these keys is going to be half a year after mine, I got to do mine my way, and they are quite different in the end.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 22:59:09 »
I'm pretty sure most of us saying they look similar took that into consideration. The red certainly does look more neon than it should. My point was that regardless its still a red on a black/dark grey. Its going to look similar to mine no matter what, but what defines them is the custom legends, which will be badass no matter what the precise colors are. If I had known this was coming I may not have done mine, but in the end I'm glad I did because delivery on these keys is going to be half a year after mine, I got to do mine my way, and they are quite different in the end.

I wasn't really trying to criticize or compare, only to point out that the one thing I disliked about your set was a lack of contrast, and based on what we've seen thus far the colors were equal. The lack on contrast was a dealbreaker for me before and I'll still probably buy here regardless due to the badass legends, whilst still hoping we get some better pictures outlying the contrast between the "grey" and the red.

Cheers,

EDIT: hadn't seen the kbd photos before; wow those actually are quite grey! Still holding same position on the red though <3
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 August 2012, 23:02:50 by OrangeJewce »

Offline snaga

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 00:01:40 »
awesome work so far, and thanks to all for efforts in this group buy.
signed up for a set!

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 01:09:26 »
i signed up and filled out the form but my name isn't showing on the list. did it come up on your end?

mind you i did it from the keyboard story site as i found out about the keys there first.

if not put me down for 1 of everything.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 01:55:28 »
i signed up and filled out the form but my name isn't showing on the list. did it come up on your end?

mind you i did it from the keyboard story site as i found out about the keys there first.

if not put me down for 1 of everything.

I'll just update it now. That list is manually updated and I don't do it that frequently.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline gmorf33

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 11:20:11 »
I'm 99% in for a set, but I'd like to see the prototype photos before committing 100%.  Should I wait to fill out the gdocs form until i'm 100% ?

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 11:26:09 »
I'm 99% in for a set, but I'd like to see the prototype photos before committing 100%.  Should I wait to fill out the gdocs form until i'm 100% ?

Just fill in the form first, there is not commitment even if you do, but gives me a better estimate of our numbers = ).

There are some photos of prototypes in the last couple of pages, but I will get some pictures up when mine comes in.

Offline TDub

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 14 August 2012, 02:36:24 »
I have a question about the ISO kit. Are the shift keys the only ones with symbols on it like in the picture? Are the 3 normal sized keys and the enter really blank?

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 14 August 2012, 03:19:02 »
I have a question about the ISO kit. Are the shift keys the only ones with symbols on it like in the picture? Are the 3 normal sized keys and the enter really blank?

The legends are as is on the images. So enter and the 1x keys are blank.

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 14 August 2012, 19:31:09 »
I'm in for one base set. This is my first time participating in a group buy :D
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 12:17:47 »
Guys, Whoever wants a 'Centered-Stem Stepped CapsLock' (i.e. stepped capslock for "normal" keyboards) please speak up. We will add it (/sort out with i3oiler) if some people will show it some love.

---

Updated List of people.

---

Unfortunately jung hasn't had the chance to send me the package (also somehow forgot to give him my address...), should be sent out soon.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 August 2012, 12:21:55 by hazeluff »

Offline mickd

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 12:54:53 »
I would be down for one to go with the set!

Offline HeyZeus

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 13:20:03 »
I would like one of those for my set as well.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 14:12:06 »
Submitted my pre-order/interest check via le google fancy form. 
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 August 2012, 14:17:11 by AKIMbO »
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Djuzuh

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 14:45:41 »
I want one !

Offline i488

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 21 August 2012, 09:56:36 »
chinese gov has banned google doc, count me in. but i cannot fillin the form

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 21 August 2012, 11:38:58 »
How long will it take to ship them to Australia?
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 24 August 2012, 03:01:34 »
pm'd
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 August 2012, 03:30:40 by Lu_e »

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 24 August 2012, 03:17:31 »
How long will it take to ship them to Australia?

We don't know. From experience shipping overseas is like 2 weeks+. But the set wont' be ready for quite some time.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 25 August 2012, 12:37:32 »
Anyway guys, thought I'd keep this alive a bit. Jung's a bit sick atm and hasn't shipped my keys. But a revelation has occured for me and it was sitting in front of me the whole time. I have a set of R3 keycaps which have the GX colored Modifiers, which is the same as the grey in the sanctuary set. And in comparison to the NN (black) in a lot of the keycaps we have made in GBs and in comparison to my stock filco keycaps, they are noticeably grey.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 25 August 2012, 16:14:17 »
Grey like an alien, or grey like anatomy?  What sort of grey are we talking?  8)
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 25 August 2012, 19:49:54 »
The KBD Pics are the most telling, if you can DL them.

Cheers,

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #131 on: Sat, 25 August 2012, 20:26:51 »
Guys, Whoever wants a 'Centered-Stem Stepped CapsLock' (i.e. stepped capslock for "normal" keyboards) please speak up. We will add it (/sort out with i3oiler) if some people will show it some love.

---

Updated List of people.

---

Unfortunately jung hasn't had the chance to send me the package (also somehow forgot to give him my address...), should be sent out soon.

One here please

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 00:53:26 »
Grey like an alien, or grey like anatomy?  What sort of grey are we talking?  8)

The lighting today is perfect. Here's what I want to show. The grey Ctrl/Alt keys are GX from R3. Which is the same grey as the grey keys we have in the prototypes. The black Zerg key is NN and is your typical black you'll find here (i believe it is the black from the rag set). It is also very similar to the black of a stock filco keycap (use the case as a reference).

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #133 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 02:53:43 »
The grey Ctrl/Alt keys are GX from R3. Which is the same grey as the grey keys we have in the prototypes.

Hey that Grey is nice.  I'm just a sucker for Grey keys so stick with the colour and this keyset will be a winner.  Just make sure the Red REALLY stands out, which I think it will.  Damn, this will be one unique bunch of keys set out on ...........anything.  8)
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 August 2012, 02:57:26 by Elrick »

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 12:12:33 »
The grey Ctrl/Alt keys are GX from R3. Which is the same grey as the grey keys we have in the prototypes.

Hey that Grey is nice.  I'm just a sucker for Grey keys so stick with the colour and this keyset will be a winner.  Just make sure the Red REALLY stands out, which I think it will.  Damn, this will be one unique bunch of keys set out on ...........anything.  8)

Jungs sick and hasn't sent my stuff = (. I'm just as eager (probably more) as you guys to receive the keys.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 12:32:30 »
I vote for including a center-stemmed stepped caps lock!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 02:22:22 »
I vote for including a center-stemmed stepped caps lock!

Not again, why are you guys so hard up for these center-stemmed STEPPED caps locks ?

I always see this with every Group Buy someone wants this.  It's not like it's most used key on your keyboard .......now is it.  I was going to buy some but then realized that I hardly ever use the Caps Lock, I rather use the Shift key for quick Capitals in any sentence.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 August 2012, 02:32:14 by Elrick »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 02:30:29 »
Jungs sick and hasn't sent my stuff = (. I'm just as eager (probably more) as you guys to receive the keys.

Hey don't worry about starting soon anyway, because there are already two keysets I need to buy and some more keyboards as well.  Just make sure Jung recovers fully, no rush on this.  We don't want the poor guy to get real sick whilst doing this Group Buy.

You need to be fit and healthy to progress forth with any design, manufacture and distribution of these keys together with collecting money for it.

I hope he gets well soon.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 02:31:06 »
The stepped-ness makes it less likely to get accidentally pressed when gaming.  I'm not a fan of accidentally yelling at my teammates. Also, it looks quite nice.  It was brought up on the last page that if enough people express interest it will be included with this set, and since SP now has the capability, why not?  Its not like it will add much to the cost with a 500 set order....

Offline mickd

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 02:45:16 »
Yeah, personally I like the look of the stepped caps lock. Though most importantly, it'll help prevent those times where you accidentally bump caps lock.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 09:35:00 »
Yeah I like it for not bumping the key when I'm playing a game. When I'm mad I just hold shift.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 21:34:32 »
We've reached the number we wanted to.  We just have to wait on 2nd set of samples, and we're about ready.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 23:14:11 »
Can't wait. Between this and ergo dox i'm feeling orangasmic.

Cheers,

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 29 August 2012, 02:59:05 »
Just a small update,

Koreans ~200
US ~150

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 29 August 2012, 03:03:59 »
Great number!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 29 August 2012, 04:27:10 »
Great number!

I think I selected 4 or 5 sets.  But I guess I'm a gonna have to pay for it no matter what.  Or get more KEYBOARDS.

Offline yuiop

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 29 August 2012, 16:28:20 »
Sherryton/Hazeluff, could you add 1 additional base set and 1 numpad set to my order please? Thanks!

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 29 August 2012, 19:33:37 »
Great number!

I think I selected 4 or 5 sets.  But I guess I'm a gonna have to pay for it no matter what.  Or get more KEYBOARDS.

You better get more boards!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 29 August 2012, 21:15:00 »
So the iso set actually has a 1.75x key like a tsangan kit? If this is from signature plastics maybe I can just get that one shift key from left overs, I really don't want to buy an Iso set for just one key.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 29 August 2012, 22:12:52 »
Why there're two fengs on the order list? Did I submit the order twice?