Author Topic: [Group Buy] Moogle Kit 2: FINAL ORDERS - LAST DAY 8/25  (Read 84879 times)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
[Group Buy] Moogle Kit 2: FINAL ORDERS - LAST DAY 8/25
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 18:18:53 »
Quote from: tsangan;522232
Whatever majority wants! I was thinking it was going to be expensive too, oh wells

we know the alt, control, shifts look great just have to edit the caps lock and we're good to go!

Oh and maybe the window and menu legend those were really thick last time but I'm okay with them

I always felt the windows key was too thick and stands out too much compared to the rest of the keys.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 18:23:18 »
Quote from: tsangan;522232
we know the alt, control, shifts look great just have to edit the caps lock and we're good to go!

Oh and maybe the window and menu legend those were really thick last time but I'm okay with them

I'm still not sure whether we need new legends for Menu and Win.  They are very noticeably thicker than real Cherry Menu and Win keys, but they don't look bad.  I'll try to post a picture of the RGBY Ctrl/Alt/Shift keys (which have the latest, thinner legends) next to the Menu and Win keys from the second round moogle kit and we can make a judgment from that.

Quote from: fstop;522247
I didn't realize it would be that big of a hassle to include the other modifiers although I would still like to see if its still possible / in demand. But say we get 50 orders (which doesn't seem unreasonable with the current demand for moogle kits) wouldn't $100-200 in legends not be a big deal?

At 50 kits ordered the extra legends would add more than $2 per kit.  Not hugely significant I suppose.  Bear in mind though that we are splitting the order across three color schemes, so the prices for white and Dolch kits will almost certainly be more than the black kit. Adding $2 could feel more significant in that case.

Regardless, making the extra  SVGs is work that I am not prepared to do myself.  So we'd be creating (more) dependence on something outside my direct control, which I don't like.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #452 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 02:01:13 »
Dolch owners: anyone willing to loan me some sample keys so I can figure out the best SP colors for the Dolch moogle kit?  Or do we already know what they are?

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #453 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 11:04:08 »
I think I have some numpad keys I am not using now that I can send you.  The trick though is these keys age, and each set may have a slighting different shade.  So, one trick I have was to use Round 1 or Round3 group buy sets' modifiers as Dolch moogle kits :-).  I think those colors were close enough.

As for Windows and Menu, they are way different then the rest of the keys and fonts.  Since they are just graphics, you can't really tell they are thicker or thinner than other keys.  At least I can't.  I don't think we need to redo the Windows key or the Menu key.  Unless, you want to use the new Windows 8 logo for the Windows key!  Hahahaha!  There I go again!

Offline korne

• comscan
« Reply #454 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 11:11:16 »
get my money!!! i wan't some sets for sure :)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #455 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 11:17:15 »
Quote from: litster;524309
I think I have some numpad keys I am not using now that I can send you.  The trick though is these keys age, and each set may have a slighting different shade.  So, one trick I have was to use Round 1 or Round3 group buy sets' modifiers as Dolch moogle kits :-).  I think those colors were close enough.

Kisakuku is going to hook me up locally with some Dolch reference.  I'll find out what R1/3 used too.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #456 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 13:03:36 »
I'm interested in this Group Buy and I don't actually think what tsangan said about extra keys is overkill. Have in mind there a some people that have ISO Cherry sets that need to complete the ANSI set the regular moogle kit plus other modifiers.

You need to buy another ANSI Cherry set just to have 4 keys you're missing in case you have ISO set.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #457 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 13:09:29 »
Quote from: guilleguillaume;525712
You need to buy another ANSI Cherry set just to have 4 keys you're missing in case you have ISO set.

I'm planning on making 1.25x ISO shifts available.  From what I hear ISO enter keys are prohibitively expensive.  What else is different on an ISO set ... slash?

I didn't want to bother with an interest check, but maybe it makes sense to hash out exactly how many people want which options.

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #458 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 13:56:10 »
I think I didn't explain myself good enough :sorry:

A pic from teaper:

Keys from regular moogle kit are marked with a red cross and the keys marked with a blue cross are the ones that people who have ISO Cherry Doubleshots sets lack apart from the standard moogle kit. If an user owns a set of Cherry doubleshots in ISO layout he needs the regular moogle kit plus 3 keys that are from ANSI layout. If they want them they must buy another ANSI set just for 3 keys which in my opinion is not worth it.

So what I think is that if there is enough interest we could make what tsangan said so people with ISO sets won't need to buy ANSI sets + moogle kit to complete their owned sets. Obviously all depends on what people demand but we could make happy many people with that option.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 February 2012, 13:58:44 by guilleguillaume »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #459 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 14:36:38 »
Ok, I see.  The biggest problem I see is that I'm pretty sure that Ragnorok recently discovered that ISO enter keys are very, very expensive.  Can someone who's been following that thread confirm?  I'm planning on including both shifts, and an option for an ISO 1.25x left shift.  Backslash might add a lot of cost if we don't get a ton of ISO orders (which my RGBY buy didn't).  ISO shifts will be cheap regardless since they are 1.25x like the modifiers.

I'm going to put up an interest check thread to see what everyone wants.  I'll publish it on deskthority too and try to drum up support.  Might help if DTers who post more there than I do helped spread the word.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #460 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 14:46:20 »
I'm not interested in ISO but that was the conclusion in the rag thread that the Jreturn was too pricey and not worth it.

Offline balanar

« Reply #461 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 16:43:37 »
I am one of those people who would be immensely grateful for the the availability of a backslash as I will be coming into possession of a iso set of cherry doubleshots. Would it be possible to atleast get a quotation if we wanted to add that in?

Offline omuerte

« Reply #462 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 18:06:47 »
I think the point of bringing up a moogle kit+ for ISO owners wasn't to provide ISO layout keys but to allow people to scavenge keycaps from ISO layout boards. You'd be missing the ansi enter \ and lshift if you wanted to transplant an ISO set onto a modern ansi board. I'm interested in this since most of the DS keys you find on ebay come from ISO or compact layout pos boards these days.
Click Clack

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #463 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 18:08:02 »
Quote from: omuerte;526040
I think the point of bringing up a moogle kit+ for ISO owners wasn't to provide ISO layout keys but to allow people to scavenge keycaps from ISO layout boards. You'd be missing the ansi enter \ and lshift if you wanted to transplant an ISO set onto a modern ansi board. I'm interested in this since most of the DS keys you find on ebay come from ISO or compact layout pos boards these days.

Ah I like that. I would buy one of these add ons as there does seem to be a lot of non ansi keyboards out there.

Offline balanar

« Reply #464 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 18:29:16 »
Yup I agree. Might as well get everything needed for iso doubleshots to be used in ansi boards. I have no idea how much more expensive this will make everything though.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #465 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 18:34:39 »
Quote from: balanar;526087
Yup I agree. Might as well get everything needed for iso doubleshots to be used in ansi boards. I have no idea how much more expensive this will make everything though.

Yah me neither. I think the issue is new legend fees/getting someone to do them.  Its up to Hashbaz. I'm sure this GB will be very popular though as tons of people have been searching for moogles for a while.

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #466 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 18:41:52 »
Quote from: hashbaz;525806
Ok, I see.  The biggest problem I see is that I'm pretty sure that Ragnorok recently discovered that ISO enter keys are very, very expensive.  Can someone who's been following that thread confirm

Only below 15-25 orders. Above that it's a bit expensive, but okay. It's acceptable, ISO guys are used to paying more anyway. Now try to get 25 ISO folks...

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #467 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 23:12:47 »
Any ETA on the IC for the new moogle? Curious if it will turn out to be the standard or some extra keys.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #468 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 23:14:07 »
I'll try to put it up later tonight.  I want everyone who has an opinion to express it and let's hash this out and see what there's demand for.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #469 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 23:21:47 »
Sounds good thanks.

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #470 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 23:44:40 »
Quote from: hashbaz;526306
I'll try to put it up later tonight.  I want everyone who has an opinion to express it and let's hash this out and see what there's demand for.

I would say it should be all three kits (white, black, and dolch) with an add-on for each being the ISOkit. Six overall kits, three moogle styles, and the best imitation Cherry and Dolch keys in the world.
I like my Browns more than my Blues.

Offline omuerte

« Reply #471 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 00:23:41 »
Quote from: RColinTaylor;526339
I would say it should be all three kits (white, black, and dolch) with an add-on for each being the ISOkit. Six overall kits, three moogle styles, and the best imitation Cherry and Dolch keys in the world.

Cripes I'm going to go broke I know it.
Click Clack

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #472 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 00:25:08 »
Quote from: omuerte;526367

Welcome to my world.
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #473 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 00:26:04 »
Quote from: omuerte;526367

Seems to be a common question when I post; not sure why though.

Quote from: reaper;526369
Welcome to my world.

You go broke because there hasn't been a Group Buy that you didn't put the first post in for.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #474 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 00:27:13 »
Quote from: RColinTaylor;526370
You go broke because there hasn't been a Group Buy that you didn't put the first post in for.

Oh I can name a few.
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #475 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 00:29:45 »
Quote from: reaper;526371
Oh I can name a few.

Well, okay, there were a few that just didn't need to happen.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #476 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 00:31:32 »
Quote from: RColinTaylor;526372
Well, okay, there were a few that just didn't need to happen.

:p

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #477 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 01:14:16 »
Quote from: hashbaz;526306

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?27843

gogogogogoggoogo

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #478 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 17:51:52 »
ne1 got the white set they don't want?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #479 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 17:54:35 »
Quote from: godofdeath;532520
ne1 got the white set they don't want?

I'm willing to sell mine, but bear in mind that another moogle group buy will be starting soon.

Offline captain

« Reply #480 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 15:03:39 »

That would have been better if the numbers and Function keys legends were BIGGER and centered. The alphas look great!  What about prefrontal la sprue marks?  I think I see some, even in the relatively low res photo. (isn't there a precision mechanical removal method to mitigate those, which could solve the problem without retooling SP?)

Are there modifier keys from that run?  It's the mods I want in olive. Plus TAB and ~
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 March 2012, 15:08:09 by captain »
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.