geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

DSS Profile Appreciation Thread

(1/4) > >>

NoPunIn10Did:
Hello all,

I'm very new to this hobby, but I guess I've caught the bug now.  I just wanted to take a moment to sing the praises of DSS keycaps.  I love how the texture is nearly identical to that for DSA, but the the sculpting of the keys makes them so much more natural to type on.

Below is a side-shot of the caps on my Ergodox.

rowdy:
That's a pretty steep profile on the left there, the bottom row of the keyboard?

Imagine the horrors of a flipped space bar with that profile :eek:

NoPunIn10Did:

--- Quote from: rowdy on Tue, 30 July 2019, 21:50:20 ---That's a pretty steep profile on the left there, the bottom row of the keyboard?

Imagine the horrors of a flipped space bar with that profile :eek:

--- End quote ---

The bottom row (red arrows) is on the left in that picture.  Here is an image of the whole board.

I'm using an Ergodox, so I don't use a standard space bar.  However, I do have it, and I can confirm that it follows a different profile than the other R4 keys.  You can see the details in the Family Spec PDF that PMK has posted.

mountainblocks:
DSS doesn't seem to have made the kind of splash in the keyboard community I would have expected from a new (or re-released) profile. I've seen a lot of sets for sale from people who tried it and didn't like it. I love it myself and use it on my work board every day. The angled bottom row just feels right to me with an angled case. It will be interesting to see how the first group buys run in DSS profile do.

blighty:
Out of all the profiles I've tried, I think DSS is toward the bottom.  The angled bottom row kind of kills it for me.  I blame MDA's rounded bottom row for spoiling me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version