Author Topic: [GB] Gothic70/50 - Alice style board with arrow keys R3 starting soon  (Read 177716 times)

Offline SteffeMK

How is the case production going? And any news on qmk configurator?

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6013 via Tapatalk

Offline worldspawn

Nothing new from the factory yet, cases are almost all cut, everything should be ready to ship as soon as the PCBs arrive.  I paid for DHL shipping, so the boards should be here just a few days after production.

I'm thinking round 2 GB will launch the last week of November, hopefully after all the R1 orders ship.
I can make acrylic laser cut cases/plates PM for info

Offline ppnp253

Nothing new from the factory yet, cases are almost all cut, everything should be ready to ship as soon as the PCBs arrive.  I paid for DHL shipping, so the boards should be here just a few days after production.

I'm thinking round 2 GB will launch the last week of November, hopefully after all the R1 orders ship.

Thanks for the update. So hopefully it will be shipping within the next 2 weeks it sounds like.

Offline worldspawn

I believe so.  I just got the inital production board assembly images from the factory and it looks good, the main run should be taking place now.

Offline KuroTheCrazy

Any updates from last week on how production is going? And are the cases all cut?

Offline worldspawn

Got an update last night:

"Thanks for your waiting.

This small batch order is under DIP ,and will be shipped next week at the latest.

Thanks for your understanding agian."

Cases are all cut except white POM, as those take extra meterial processing, they take a bit longer than the other ones.

Offline FinalEleven

Cant wait for the R2!

Offline worldspawn

Official Round 2 dates are Nov 24th through Dec 2nd, or until we reach 50 orders of each design.  This will be a combo round with the Gothic50 kit, a compact layout version of the Gothic70.

Offline pqoweiru1

Re: [GB] Gothic70/50 - Alice style board with arrow keys in acrylic/POM (R2 soon!)
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 09:00:28 »
Will the sales be made through your Etsy page per usual?

Offline rockydbull

Official Round 2 dates are Nov 24th through Dec 2nd, or until we reach 50 orders of each design.  This will be a combo round with the Gothic50 kit, a compact layout version of the Gothic70.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

On one hand I am excited for R2 but on the other I wish I had gotten R1 already to know if I should jump on the Gothic50. Not sure if I like the split life yet.

Offline worldspawn

Re: [GB] Gothic70/50 - Alice style board with arrow keys in acrylic/POM (R2 soon!)
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 09:04:33 »
Will the sales be made through your Etsy page per usual?

Correct, I'll post links when it goes live, or it can be accessed through my store directly.

On one hand I am excited for R2 but on the other I wish I had gotten R1 already to know if I should jump on the Gothic50. Not sure if I like the split life yet.

Fair, I was hoping to have R1 out the door last week, but I don't want to delay the next round too much longer.  I'll have R1 shipped well before the parts for R2 start arriving at this point so it makes sense to kick it off.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 November 2019, 09:08:38 by worldspawn »

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 12:44:19 »
Really wish this had been an option in r1, I'd rather have the 50 than the 70  :))

Wish I could get the r1 board in first to see how it is before r2 launches, given how quickly r1 filled up.

Offline bob808

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 18:58:07 »
I'm excited to participate in R2, but I wanted to confirm if it'd be possible to change my shipping address (probably in mid-late December) before taking part. I know I'll be moving in early January, but the address hasn't been finalized so I was hoping to put in my current address until I have an update. Thanks in for all of your work!

Offline KuroTheCrazy

Re: [GB] Gothic70/50 - Alice style board with arrow keys in acrylic/POM (R2 live)
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 11:01:30 »
Looks like the pages are up for the 70, how do we order the 50 instead?

Offline worldspawn

Re: [GB] Gothic70/50 - Alice style board with arrow keys in acrylic/POM (R2 live)
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 11:03:08 »
Looks like the pages are up for the 70, how do we order the 50 instead?

I'll have the Gothic50 sales pages up a bit later this afternoon.

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 11:07:32 »
I'm excited to participate in R2, but I wanted to confirm if it'd be possible to change my shipping address (probably in mid-late December) before taking part. I know I'll be moving in early January, but the address hasn't been finalized so I was hoping to put in my current address until I have an update. Thanks in for all of your work!

Yes, shipping is probably going to be in March, as long as you message me with your order number before that, I can change the shipping address.

Offline sandvichs

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 11:32:51 »
Sent you a PM with some questions.

Joined the group buy for the Gothic70 in full frosted acrylic, thanks again for running R2!
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 November 2019, 11:50:04 by sandvichs »

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 17:34:47 »
Gothic50 is now live as well. Thanks for your patience!

Offline FinalEleven

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 19:08:37 »
I ordered it!

I forgot to add a note on my order requesting to have the arisu blockers...how else can I contact you about it?

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 22:33:02 »
I ordered it!

I forgot to add a note on my order requesting to have the arisu blockers...how else can I contact you about it?

Message me through your order in Etsy, it's easier for me to track the request to the order that way.

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 21:23:49 »
Any further updates? :)

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 21:27:21 »
Yes! PCBs arrived form the factory today, Round 1 orders will start going out this week!

Offline pears

• Sneezing is painful
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 22:45:51 »
What is the arisu blockers you mentioned? I'm not sure I understand the difference
Getting punched in the face was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Offline saesh

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 14:03:00 »
What is the arisu blockers you mentioned? I'm not sure I understand the difference

The Gothic70 is based on the Arisu PCB, you can see it here: https://github.com/FateNozomi/arisu-pcb. The bottom row has less keys. You can have that style with the Gothic70 if you order the top layer with blockers, where the Gothic 70 PCB has extra keys.

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 17:57:10 »
Yep, thanks for that.  it's pretty much swapping the current bottom row for a WKL style (1.5u mods), and dropping the right side B key

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 06:24:29 »
I don't know if someone asked it or if you have said before but, does shipping come with tracking?

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 11:35:29 »
I don't know if someone asked it or if you have said before but, does shipping come with tracking?

Yeah, I don't know of an untracked option for packages in the US, lol.  you will get a tracking email when your order ships.

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 11:55:58 »

Yeah, I don't know of an untracked option for packages in the US, lol.  you will get a tracking email when your order ships.
Okay, that is great to hear. Excited to get my hands on the board!

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6013 via Tapatalk

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 18:47:29 »
Quick note, I'm in the process of preflashing the firmware on the PCBs and quick QC to make sure all the columns and rows respond before packing.

Offline pears

• Sneezing is painful
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 19:28:38 »
This seems interesting, what's the production time on an order of all 3 parts (Case, PCB and plate)  if ordered this week ?
Getting punched in the face was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Offline TimeDoctor

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 19:38:14 »
This seems interesting, what's the production time on an order of all 3 parts (Case, PCB and plate)  if ordered this week ?

The first post says that new orders (round 2) don’t ship until March. The orders being shipped soon are round 1, for people who ordered months ago.

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 20:20:26 »
Gothic70 Round 1 orders start shipping tonight, will go out over the next week or so.  Round 2 I expect to ship in March, but will go out sooner if the fab gets me the PCBs faster this time.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 20:31:08 »
Are orders going out in the order they were received?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline xchangmanx

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 02:47:07 »
I've signed up! G70!

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 09:21:27 »
For the r1 cases, I'm guessing not but are there holes in the bottom for putting feet on the board? If not, is it safe to drill holes for them in the acrylic, or is it safer to use something like a soldering iron to make the holes?

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 09:39:45 »
For the r1 cases, I'm guessing not but are there holes in the bottom for putting feet on the board? If not, is it safe to drill holes for them in the acrylic, or is it safer to use something like a soldering iron to make the holes?

Yes, there are standard 4mm holes for the cone feet in the bottom of both rounds.

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 09:52:10 »

Yes, there are standard 4mm holes for the cone feet in the bottom of both rounds.

Awesome, thanks. Looking forward to getting mine built next week.

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 09:55:53 »
Quick note, Round 2 orders close this afternoon, about 6 hours from now.

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 08:54:18 »
Can I squeeze one more in?!?

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 11:28:09 »
Im in!
No idea how to build a board but one day I will!

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 14:46:32 »
Gothic70 Round 1 orders start shipping tonight, will go out over the next week or so.  Round 2 I expect to ship in March, but will go out sooner if the fab gets me the PCBs faster this time.

Will tracking be emailed/updated on Etsy or will they just show up when they show up?

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 14:48:05 »
You should get tracking from Etsy, orders are about 20% shipped right now.

Offline PotlePawtle

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 16:29:51 »
What screws does this use?

Offline worldspawn

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 16:41:16 »
6mm bottom 10-12 mm top

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 12:20:05 »
Just got it in the mail today. Can't wait to open it after work. Thanks for organizing!
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Loveyuri

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 19:14:39 »
Wow, can't believe I missed this. Will there be another round after this?

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 21:54:16 »
Wow, can't believe I missed this. Will there be another round after this?

I'm not entirely sure about another round, but there will probably be extras in April or so, I'll update here when available.

Offline PotlePawtle

Re: [GB] Gothic70/50 - Alice style board with arrow keys in acrylic/POM (closed)
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 16:45:56 »
Any updates on the remaining R1 orders? Would be great if they were shipped before the holidays slow it down to a crawl.