Author Topic: [GB] 96KEE - 96-key Alu Kit (production finished, shipping from factory soon)  (Read 86645 times)

Offline skidude9678

Re: [GB] 96KEE - 96-key Alu Kit w/ RGB (GB closed - waiting for production sample)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 20:18:41 »
Just noticed that these will have north facing LED's. Kinda bummed about that, wanted to use tealios + zealencios with a GMK set on this board. Guess that's not going to happen.

Offline cynviloq

Re: [GB] 96KEE - 96-key Alu Kit w/ RGB (GB closed - waiting for production sample)
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 20:28:53 »
Just noticed that these will have north facing LED's. Kinda bummed about that, wanted to use tealios + zealencios with a GMK set on this board. Guess that's not going to happen.

I have Zealencios on Zealios with GMK Carbon set on the predecessor board. What are the issues that you think you'll encounter? If it's the LEDs rubbing, I would recommend using 1.8mm domed LEDs (like the ones we sell on Mehkee) to avoid issues with GMK caps.

The shorter travel is unavoidable given the Zealencios, but the caps still fit perfectly for me.

Here are some side and top images that someone requested - note that the bottom edge looks sharp and so we're going to put a diagonal edge similar to the top edge to avoid the sharpness.

^^^ this bottom edge will be smoothed out.

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 20:35:33 »
I have read that with north-facing LEDs the travel is noticeably reduced versus south-facing (Zeal actually says they should be used south-facing on his site). Trying this with a GMK cap on a loose switch with zealencios confirmed this for me.

Not a big deal really, I'll use other switches on this board that I don't want to silence.

« Last Edit: Tue, 19 September 2017, 20:38:23 by skidude9678 »

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 23:08:58 »

I have Zealencios on Zealios with GMK Carbon set on the predecessor board. What are the issues that you think you'll encounter? If it's the LEDs rubbing, I would recommend using 1.8mm domed LEDs (like the ones we sell on Mehkee) to avoid issues with GMK caps.

The shorter travel is unavoidable given the Zealencios, but the caps still fit perfectly for me.

Here are some side and top images that someone requested - note that the bottom edge looks sharp and so we're going to put a diagonal edge similar to the top edge to avoid the sharpness.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks great! Can't wait to receive mine.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Davyb123music

• "Music is the Best"- FZ
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 13:12:52 »
   cynviloq,

I have to say I am happy that you are making minor modifications as issues arise.  Fixing the sharp bottom edge is a nice touch and you should know it is appreciated.    :thumb:

I can't wait to start this build!!! 

Offline hehe13

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 13:57:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you! I'm very excited for this to come.

Offline E.E.L. Ambiense

• Acrylic Heretic
    • E.E.L. Ambiense Industries
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 10:45:52 »
Thanks the pics, cynviloq! 

Just a side-question (and not sure it's been asked yet), but do you happen to know the angle for the deck?  I'm curious if I should plan to make additional standoff risers on this end to angle the deck a bit more or not when the kit shows up.
Case modder by trade; mech-deck'r for fun!

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 08:00:51 »
Thanks the pics, cynviloq! 

Just a side-question (and not sure it's been asked yet), but do you happen to know the angle for the deck?  I'm curious if I should plan to make additional standoff risers on this end to angle the deck a bit more or not when the kit shows up.

With the standard aluminum feet - it's around 3*

If you want any angle at all, I would suggest getting a different set of feet or making your own risers!

Offline aplus01

Whats the latest estimate on this getting into our hands?  :)

Offline cynviloq

Whats the latest estimate on this getting into our hands?  :)

Waiting to hear some updates after the holiday in China right now. I received some built sample pictures with in-switch LED testing for the PCB so I'll share those this weekend.

We are tracking for a late October ship date from the factory. Maybe off-target by a week or two to be conservative, but impressive in my mind because we overshot our initial manufacturing projection by ~40% and are still relatively close. (does not excuse the delay, so apologies if we are slightly behind schedule)

Offline aplus01

Cool. Looking forward to seeing those.

Offline magusderice

Is the USB cable port micro USB or usb-c?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

I believe it's miniUSB
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline magusderice

I believe it's miniUSB
Thanks!

Offline Davyb123music

Need some news on this..........please. 

Offline cynviloq

Need some news on this..........please.

I gave one a bit over a week ago... we're still tracking for a late October date for shipping to me. If you look up 4 posts, you'll see the update.

Offline Davyb123music

Oh sweet!  can you post the pics of the built sample you mentioned?

Thanks in advance!  Excited to start building ;D

Offline aplus01

Agreed! I'd also like to see a picture of a completed build.

@Davyb123music: What switches are you planning to use? I got some Outemu dark purple (67g tactile) that I'm going to try out.

Offline cynviloq

@Davyb123music: What switches are you planning to use? I got some Outemu dark purple (67g tactile) that I'm going to try out.

Sorry for the delay, I'll upload the potato pics to imgur tonight and post them here!

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee

Same here!

I am in the process of lubing them. Lube removes the plasticy sounds when bottoming out. Makes it more of a thumping sound. Also slide a lot nicer when lubed.

https://i.imgur.com/Yw6vrnC.jpg

Can't wait to get them in my 96.

Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Davyb123music

I was thinking of heavy Zealios, but i'm open to suggestions. :)

Offline cynviloq

Have you tried the Kailh Pro Purple or Speed Copper? Or even making your own Ergo Clears?

Offline cynviloq

Some potato pics from a friend helping to QC it:

^last pic shows the change in the edge that was a bit sharp on the first sample.

The latest update is that the cases should be done early next week and the PCBs the week after. So slight delay would be my best guess -- original estimate was that the keyboards would ship to me Mid-October, but now looking like Late October / first week of November at the very latest.

The PCBs might be done a bit early, so I'm not calling it just yet, but I'll update the main thread after this weekend once I have a better idea.

Also, I'm going to be shipping all of the keyboards out of Texas (versus NYC) from a separate location to ensure that all orders get shipped in a timely fashion (i.e. pre-hiring some extra help to make sure these ship). I think it will take a max of 3-3.5 weeks to ship all the orders once they're received, barring any QC issues.

Offline aplus01

Have you tried the Kailh Pro Purple or Speed Copper? Or even making your own Ergo Clears?
Never really been too sure what it is that makes an Ergo Clear. Cherry MX Clear springs and stems and some other housing? Where do you source those individual parts? I'd buy them assembled. Not sure I have the desire to open switches again. I'm still having flash backs from my last round of installing sip sockets in zealios.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Never really been too sure what it is that makes an Ergo Clear. Cherry MX Clear springs and stems and some other housing? Where do you source those individual parts?

Ergo Clears are traditionally MX Clears with a MX Brown spring, but it often refers to MX Clears with a lighter spring (57, 62, 67 are the most popular).

Offline aplus01

Never really been too sure what it is that makes an Ergo Clear. Cherry MX Clear springs and stems and some other housing? Where do you source those individual parts?

Ergo Clears are traditionally MX Clears with a MX Brown spring, but it often refers to MX Clears with a lighter spring (57, 62, 67 are the most popular).

Thanks! That's less complicated than I thought. I'd be curious to try some of the newer MX Clears. I hear they have some newer tooling that has made them feel less smoother/less scratchy.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

Ergo clear was coined as a 62g lubed clear.

Semantics.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mmca

Some potato pics from a friend helping to QC it:

<snip>

Also, I'm going to be shipping all of the keyboards out of Texas (versus NYC) from a separate location to ensure that all orders get shipped in a timely fashion (i.e. pre-hiring some extra help to make sure these ship). I think it will take a max of 3-3.5 weeks to ship all the orders once they're received, barring any QC issues.

Looking good.  Really looking forward to the kit.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
My unit is shipping via DHL now. Pretty stoked!
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline cynviloq

You might be mistaken for a different group buy...

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee

Is the 96kee not the same as this TB group buy?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=545282990880&spm=1101.1101.N.N.81d3042

Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline cynviloq

No, the cases are different. The PCBs may be different as well.

From my recollection, that runner has made changes to the original GSX96 that he didn't really let people know about. I hope it comes out in equal quality as before and that the features are similar.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee

No, the cases are different. The PCBs may be different as well.

From my recollection, that runner has made cha
nges to the original GSX96 that he didn't really let people know about. I hope it comes out in equal quality as before and that the features are similar.

Ah ok! I got on that TB gb since I missed the deadline for yours. I saw that the reference images were the same so I figured it was the same product.

Thanks for the clarification!
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline cynviloq

Quick update - everything has finished and went through initial QC in the factory. Expected to ship mid-week, Hopefully get the product within 2 weeks and have it start shipping immediately after.

Thanks everyone for the patience so far.

Offline aplus01

Re: [GB] 96KEE - 96-key Alu Kit (production finished, shipping from factory soon)
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 10:30:26 »
Quick update - everything has finished and went through initial QC in the factory. Expected to ship mid-week, Hopefully get the product within 2 weeks and have it start shipping immediately after.

Thanks everyone for the patience so far.

That's awesome! Thanks for the update.

Offline cynviloq

Re: [GB] 96KEE - 96-key Alu Kit (production finished, shipping from factory soon)
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 08:21:50 »
Quick update - the PCBs took a couple extra days and it didn't make sense to ship the cases and PCBs separately so they're both expected to ship this weekend.

My plan is to get them all out to you on the weekend of the 18th. As mentioned before, the keyboards are being shipped to a different location in a separate state (TX) where I'll be flying to for the weekend to help get them all out.

If you ordered other things with your keyboard, they may be shipped out before and separately (at no extra cost).

We are also contemplating the use of DHL instead of USPS Priority for the international shipments.

I have some nice pictures that I'll upload this weekend for everyone - thanks again for your patience! This will be completed soon and really apologize for the delay. If you're interested in extras, there definitely will be some (but not many). I'll update in this thread when they're expected go live (also will email in the newsletter).

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 08:23:33 »
Can't wait to get this board, thanks for the update!

Offline LoneCenturian75

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 11:33:57 »
This'll be my first build and I'm super excited to put the switches I've been sitting on for 2 months to use! TY for all the updates cynviloq you've made it really easy to track progress.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 09:02:01 »
The first 130 cases reached our other location - as mentioned before, I'll be flying down next weekend (11/17) to get the process started and hopefully have a significant number labeled and ready to be dropped off / picked up for the following week. Going to try to beat the post-Thanksgiving shipping influx to minimize loss potential.

Here are some pictures from my friend who did the initial QC check to tide you over - really really appreciate everyone's patience and incredibly sorry about the delay.

Offline E.E.L. Ambiense

• Acrylic Heretic
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 09:06:22 »
Niiiiiceeee.....   Thanks, cynviloq for the update!  Looking forward to the project!  :D

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 13:02:38 »
Quick update - the PCBs took a couple extra days and it didn't make sense to ship the cases and PCBs separately so they're both expected to ship this weekend.

My plan is to get them all out to you on the weekend of the 18th. As mentioned before, the keyboards are being shipped to a different location in a separate state (TX) where I'll be flying to for the weekend to help get them all out.

If you ordered other things with your keyboard, they may be shipped out before and separately (at no extra cost).

We are also contemplating the use of DHL instead of USPS Priority for the international shipments.

I have some nice pictures that I'll upload this weekend for everyone - thanks again for your patience! This will be completed soon and really apologize for the delay. If you're interested in extras, there definitely will be some (but not many). I'll update in this thread when they're expected go live (also will email in the newsletter).

Just to verify, there may be extra boards for purchase? If so, can I be added to that wait list?

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 13:04:47 »
Yes there will definitely be extras. Best to follow on Instagram or sign up for the newsletter on the website. We will post via those two first when the extras are live (~first week of December)

Just to verify, there may be extra boards for purchase? If so, can I be added to that wait list?

Offline E.E.L. Ambiense

• Acrylic Heretic
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 13:11:23 »
Hey cynviloq, just for curiosity's sake, would anyone in the GB be able to swap to a different color shell or is it all set in stone (or aluminum, in this case)?  Just curious is all!  The reason I ask is I'm considering preparing a themed deck for Laser GMK, and if I can skip a step and go silver instead of gunmetal grey shell it'd help a bit but not entirely necessary. Taking it all down to bare shell works too!
Thanks again for this GB.

Offline hehe13

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 15:14:15 »
The first 130 cases reached our other location - as mentioned before, I'll be flying down next weekend (11/17) to get the process started and hopefully have a significant number labeled and ready to be dropped off / picked up for the following week. Going to try to beat the post-Thanksgiving shipping influx to minimize loss potential.

Here are some pictures from my friend who did the initial QC check to tide you over - really really appreciate everyone's patience and incredibly sorry about the delay.

What delay? :3

Do you think it's safe to say that we would start receiving by 11/27 until 12/15?
When do you think the first person can receive theirs?

Offline BearonicMan

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 15:47:22 »
For this build I'm waiting on R8 of the Zealios GB which is supposed to ship in Dec so this lines up pretty nicely. Now I wish Calm Depths would ship before Jan-Feb. :(

Offline jurai

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 03:14:10 »
For this build I'm waiting on R8 of the Zealios GB which is supposed to ship in Dec so this lines up pretty nicely. Now I wish Calm Depths would ship before Jan-Feb. :(

****, I wish Laser was shipping anytime soon

Offline BearonicMan

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 12:25:41 »
****, I wish Laser was shipping anytime soon

Something something Assdrop?

Offline Data

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 14:57:07 »
Yes there will definitely be extras. Best to follow on Instagram or sign up for the newsletter on the website. We will post via those two first when the extras are live (~first week of December)

Subscribed!

You modified the plate since the original sample photos.  Sneaky!  It looks like it would support the bottom row I was looking for now.  I may have to snag one of those extras...  :cool:

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:30:09 »
Hey cynviloq, just for curiosity's sake, would anyone in the GB be able to swap to a different color shell or is it all set in stone (or aluminum, in this case)?  Just curious is all!  The reason I ask is I'm considering preparing a themed deck for Laser GMK, and if I can skip a step and go silver instead of gunmetal grey shell it'd help a bit but not entirely necessary. Taking it all down to bare shell works too!
Thanks again for this GB.

E-mail me if you'd like to switch with order info and the request and I don't see an issue as long as we have enough extras (we should for silver/grey/black)

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:31:05 »

What delay? :3

Do you think it's safe to say that we would start receiving by 11/27 until 12/15?
When do you think the first person can receive theirs?

I think that is accurate, though given holidays I would add a week to the backend. The best case scenario is to get them all shipped by end of next week.