Author Topic: [GB] GMK Carbon R2 (FINISHED)  (Read 116207 times)

Offline climbing512

Re: [GB] GMK Carbon R2 (SHIPPING)
« Reply #450 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 16:57:34 »
I'll try to include in next SP SA Carbon drop a single DCS Alps Carbon kit. Since it will be a single kit, it will probably have typical GMK key constellation (large base set).
Like the Cyberdeck kit in the last Laser drop from MiTo? (was a very popular option for a full kit using a different profile to the rest of the sets).
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 17:00:39 by climbing512 »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #451 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 18:26:02 »
I'll try to include in next SP SA Carbon drop a single DCS Alps Carbon kit. Since it will be a single kit, it will probably have typical GMK key constellation (large base set).
Like the Cyberdeck kit in the last Laser drop from MiTo? (was a very popular option for a full kit using a different profile to the rest of the sets).

I think more like the Minuteman kit (DSA) in the MT3 Godspeed drop, plus one even bigger change: T0mb3ry's DSA Carbon kit would fit on Alps switches rather than Cherry MX.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #452 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 01:56:27 »

Oooh, I like this.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #453 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 12:27:08 »

Just remembered this.  Is this still planned for a DCS Alps Carbon set if the Yuri set goes over well?  Plus, I GOT MY BEEZARR set from the ZF extras!  WOOHOO

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #454 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 12:43:07 »

Just remembered this.  Is this still planned for a DCS Alps Carbon set if the Yuri set goes over well?  Plus, I GOT MY BEEZARR set from the ZF extras!  WOOHOO

If DCS ALPS Yuri goes well when i will definitely make also Carbon one. And probably and hopefully some designers will do the same with their sets. IMHO ALPS need some colors and variety.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #455 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 12:45:30 »

If DCS ALPS Yuri goes well when i will definitely make also Carbon one. And probably and hopefully some designers will do the same with their sets. IMHO ALPS need some colors and variety.

👀

Offline eksuen

« Reply #456 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 19:47:09 »

I'm excited for DCS Alps Yuri.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] GMK Carbon R2 (FINISHED)
« Reply #457 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 18:10:22 »
BEEEEEZARRE!

224055-0

Offline monkeycap198

• Moonkey
« Reply #458 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 23:48:33 »
Quote from: pixelpusher
link=topic=97972.msg2796084#msg2796084 date=1565305822
BEEEEEZARRE!

(Attachment Link)

Looks nice irl

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #459 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 00:47:30 »
BEEEEEZARRE!

(Attachment Link)
GZ! Beezarre is actually pretty rare if you think about that only 54 kits were made. I was asked few times for some Beezarre extras - but I don't have any. I hope you enjoy it.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #460 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 02:00:26 »
I just want to take a moment to say how much I love the R0 on my 75% board. It looks so much better than double R1.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #461 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 16:27:00 »
Just in case if someone has missed a kit - there will be recap drop soon. The sets available are listed in the first comment by Yanbo.
https://drop.com/buy/capatoa-keycap-explosion

Keep in mind recap drops are selling only left others (its not a regular drop) and its first come first serve with random pick. Say you have to be fast and lucky to get something.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #462 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 21:01:24 »
Any idea how limited this limited sale will be?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #463 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 21:34:21 »
I would assume very limited for popular child kits. The markup might be steep too, they know they can sell boneyard and umka and friends.

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #464 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 21:34:57 »

normally these much sort after kits would go out in less than a minute LOL

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #465 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 02:40:48 »
Take following with a grain of salt. Its approximate and probable values.

In the following table you see the latest stand from GMK Carbon R2. You have to look for kits which did not made it to MOQ and the difference which was needed to hit the MOQ. That difference is basically the possible available quantity of particular kit. Plus the returned/canceled order - which is unknown number.

For example Bone base kit is missing 108 kits to hit its MOQ - which means that probably there will be more than 100 Bone base kits available. Umka on the other hand hit its MOQ and the only chance it gets available is, if someone returned or canceled their order. But i do think that number would be a single digit.

Anyway the sought after kits will be sold out very quickly. But i still think there is a good chance to snag some kits for everyone who got GMK Carbon. Especially kits like the Arrows kit which was overseen by most people.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 August 2019, 11:13:36 by T0mb3ry »

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #466 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 10:50:22 »
They also might only put out a subset of what they have. More than 1 recap appeared to have SA carbon rolling bones but it was never more than 1-2 sets. I got SA orange alphas off a recap, can't complain.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #467 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 13:36:28 »
This should help visualize how far some kits were from MOQ.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #468 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 17:43:59 »
They also might only put out a subset of what they have. More than 1 recap appeared to have SA carbon rolling bones but it was never more than 1-2 sets. I got SA orange alphas off a recap, can't complain.

We used to set the limit at 1 or 2 below our inventory count as a contingency plan (e.g. inventory count incorrect, orders lost in transit, etc.). However, that meant that we'd have to put in the effort to relist it for the next Re-Cap. Setting up each Re-Cap takes a lot of time and effort as it involves a lot of manual work. The problematic orders were rare, so to make things easier this time, we've listed our entire inventory of the available kits.

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #469 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 19:31:51 »
Why is the modifiers Umka kit just as expensive as a full base kit? -_-

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #470 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 00:26:57 »

Only 50 were made.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #471 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 03:32:44 »

Only 50 were made.

Exactly.

As DukeEsquire already mentioned only 50 Umka kits were made which made it this expensive. If more Umkas were sold the less Expenisve it could get (down to $100 per kit). This is how it works.

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #472 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 05:44:56 »
I tried to order "Rolling Bones", but Drop say the order "ran into a problem". Any reason? (I ordered right when the Recap opened)

Offline biothermal

• Art
« Reply #473 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 07:25:52 »
I tried to order "Rolling Bones", but Drop say the order "ran into a problem". Any reason? (I ordered right when the Recap opened)

Better to ask someone at Drop if you're that concerned, but more than likely they sold out while you were in the process of ordering.

Offline dallman5

« Reply #474 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 09:02:28 »
For example Bone base kit is missing 108 kits to hit its MOQ - which means that probably there will be more than 100 Bone base kits available.

I tried to checking out with the Bone base kit about 3 minutes after the drop opened yesterday and it was telling me they were out of stock already :feelsbadman:
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #475 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 09:29:21 »
For example Bone base kit is missing 108 kits to hit its MOQ - which means that probably there will be more than 100 Bone base kits available.

I tried to checking out with the Bone base kit about 3 minutes after the drop opened yesterday and it was telling me they were out of stock already :feelsbadman:

This negative buying experience is one of the reasons why people should get into original drops.

Joining original drops gives you:
- positive buying experience because you'll get your items and you don't compete with other people for left others
- possible price reduction (the more people join the cheaper it gets). Unfortunately GMK Carbon R2 did not fired off - to snowball into lesser pricing ranges. :feelsbadman:

Thinking about getting something on recap later has only downsides as you can see. Depending on how sought after a kit is - its harder to obtain and its more expensive than in the original drop (which is a right thing imo).

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #476 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 10:21:02 »

Better to ask someone at Drop if you're that concerned, but more than likely they sold out while you were in the process of ordering.

Yeh, I emailed them recently but they haven't replied yet. I'll see what happens.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #477 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 17:51:34 »

Yeh, I emailed them recently but they haven't replied yet. I'll see what happens.

Assuming you couldn't check out, then you didn't get it. It sold out while in your cart.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #478 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 12:55:21 »
There were only 16 Bone Base kits and 15 Rolling Bones kits available.

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #479 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 21:41:21 »
If anyone has a boneyard alphas, rolling bones, or novelties they would sell/trade. Please pm me, thanks!

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #480 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 21:01:59 »
pls bring back carbon with full cherry 012345 row

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #481 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 01:30:24 »
pls bring back carbon with full cherry 012345 row
Agreed. Full Cherry rows don’t get enough love.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #482 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 15:11:03 »
In today's market it might do better than the first time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #483 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 16:39:42 »
In today's market it might do better than the first time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I think it would, yes, especially if there were fewer kits now that boneyard and Umka have had standalone runs.

Offline Yella Fella

• Edward Lui Cinematographer
« Reply #484 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 14:32:11 »
I actually need this as it has the same colour theme as my company. Cash back.

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #485 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 10:48:24 »
Looking forward to R3 :)
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #486 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 10:51:14 »
Its planned for 2022

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #487 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 11:08:40 »
Its planned for 2022
Will you consider novelties for iso enter in carbon novelty kit?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #488 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 11:14:27 »
I'll look into it, but i do not promise there will be one.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #489 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 11:40:05 »
I'll look into it, but i do not promise there will be one.
Thanks for considering it