Author Topic: Easy way to replace USB 'C" connector on cable?  (Read 3097 times)

Offline typo

Easy way to replace USB 'C" connector on cable?
« on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 01:48:08 »
I have a high end custom coiled YC8 cable terminated in USB 'C'. Unfortunately the connector they used is junk. I could never see the traces on such a connector and I am not good at wearing a Loupe while soldering. I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for a very robust on cable connector? Preferably something with dividers between the conductors. Thank you

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Easy way to replace USB 'C" connector on cable?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 02:51:36 »
I'm sorry, a cable with a junk connector is not high end it's just expensive.  That's the funniest thing I'll read all week

Just pay the maker a load more money and I'm sure they'll happily craft you one from palladium which is worthy of your latest camerashy wonderboard.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 February 2021, 03:08:07 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline typo

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 03:16:19 »
Yeah go figure they decided to "pursue other endeavors". I would not say that it is a junk connector. It is a standard fare connector. I would honestly expect better on a cable otherwise seemingly that nice. Who knows. Perhaps the entire thing fails at some point. You do make valid points Orange. I am honestly not camera shy. I have been screwed by my data carrier. I understand that there are ways around that. However as a matter of principle I do not feel that I should be required to partake in them. Which in fact should also assure you that I am not my GrandFather. The old Chap seemed to be posting pictures here all of the time. Please let's not get completely off topic however.

Offline Rika

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 19:50:47 »
Yeah go figure they decided to "pursue other endeavors". I would not say that it is a junk connector. It is a standard fare connector. I would honestly expect better on a cable otherwise seemingly that nice. Who knows. Perhaps the entire thing fails at some point. You do make valid points Orange. I am honestly not camera shy. I have been screwed by my data carrier. I understand that there are ways around that. However as a matter of principle I do not feel that I should be required to partake in them. Which in fact should also assure you that I am not my GrandFather. The old Chap seemed to be posting pictures here all of the time. Please let's not get completely off topic however.
Want to feed into this, define **** connector

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk