geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Diablo II: Resurrected

<< < (3/8) > >>

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: micmil on Mon, 22 February 2021, 17:23:08 ---
--- Quote from: alertArchitect on Mon, 22 February 2021, 11:01:17 ---Honestly, I've never played Diablo II. It came out before I was around. I may be interested if it wasn't for the fact that the money that would go into buying it would go to modern Blizzard, who I have some issues with supporting, personally. To be clear, I have no issue with other people's spending decisions, just saying I don't agree with quite a few things modern Blizzard has done, and I don't want to give them my money.

--- End quote ---

Path of Exile is better in every possible way. For that matter, so is Grim Dawn. I never really got on with D2.

--- End quote ---

Grim Dawn, Torchlight II, and PoE are all better Diablo II's than Diablo II but to be fair they have a couple decades of design improvements to work with.
I've got like 400+ hrs in Grim Dawn. Great game.

micmil:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Mon, 22 February 2021, 19:09:07 ---Grim Dawn, Torchlight II, and PoE are all better Diablo II's than Diablo II but to be fair they have a couple decades of design improvements to work with.
I've got like 400+ hrs in Grim Dawn. Great game.

--- End quote ---

I think I only put like 40 hours into Grim Dawn. I kind of slowly went through the story mode once and that was enough to let me know it wasn't really my thing but it's a damn good game.

By way of contrast, I'm approaching 3,000 hours in PoE.

--- Quote from: alertArchitect on Mon, 22 February 2021, 17:45:40 ---I may try those at some point. Personally, though, my Diablo-like series of choice, when I get in the mood for them, is The Adventures of Van Helsing. Is it the most well-balanced? No. Is it the one with the strongest mechanics or story? No. But do I still love it for the characters, music, and lighthearted take on gothic horror? Abso-****in-lutely.

--- End quote ---

Van Helsing's cool. I love how they kind of changed up the normal ARPG approach to the control scheme by actually having a control scheme.  :))

missalaire:
I loved Diablo 2 and played it so much back in the day. I'll definitely be playing this, but it kinda sucks that Blizzard is pricing this so high just because they know they can make bank off peoples' nostalgia.

tp4tissue:
How are you guys so sure you can get into this.

Tp4 has tried multiple times to disregard the real world w/ diabro clones,  it hasn't taken but a few hours to quit each one.

phinix:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Wed, 03 March 2021, 05:14:29 ---How are you guys so sure you can get into this.

Tp4 has tried multiple times to disregard the real world w/ diabro clones,  it hasn't taken but a few hours to quit each one.

--- End quote ---

For me personally Diablo 2 was incredibly immercive game, it pulled me in, I could play for 15 hours straight.
For some reason it was boring with time, didn't fleel like grinding.
Diablo 3 was ok too, but not 100% same as second part. I finished D3 4 or 5 times to get to high level but that was it.
I tried last year to play different character but it didn't pull me in.

I hope D2R will:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version