geekhack Community > Input Devices

Opinions on the Finalmouse Starlight-12?

(1/2) > >>

Indigu:
The new line of finalmouse products could possibly pave the way for future gaming mice. 42g with a chasset constructed out magnesium alloy, "Godspeed wireless" and overall all the bells and whistles you can find on modern mice made for gaming. What does everyone think of this?

Ranger_Trivette:
i tried with 4 friends to buy the mouse at the drop.
as usual, all the mouses were bought by bot after few second.

and this appen every time.
this company is ridiculous. every time they post on reddit "this time will be different", "now we know how to fight bot" bla bla bla.
they also has bad reputation on reddit. try to search some post in r/mousereview.

regarding the mouse:
they announced 37g. final weight is 42 grams for Small and 47 grams for medium.
the problem is that the medium is much smaller than a Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT (63g).
you have to add rubber strips to reach decent dimension.

"do you want to build the lightest mouse on earth? simply build the smallest mouse on earth :cool: "

MajorKoos:
Bots have progressed to the point that they can solve a CAPTCHA quicker than a person can.
You didn't have a chance.

bonzi:
I'm personally waiting for other companies to copy finalmouse but make it much cheaper. That's why I rock a Hyperx Pulsefire Haste mouse that's kinda like those Finalmouse mice that have the holes in 'em but it was 50 dollars. Still a bit pricey for a computer mouse by normal standards, but for "gaemers" it's pretty good considering how light it is.

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: MajorKoos on Sun, 30 May 2021, 09:17:14 ---Bots have progressed to the point that they can solve a CAPTCHA quicker than a person can.
You didn't have a chance.

--- End quote ---
The best bots bypass the entire web page, captcha and even the shopping cart by just sending the proper info to the API.

No need for any of that if you can send submit your info straight to the database.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version