geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] KBM Byakugou | GB Page Live

(1/9) > >>

whee74:
KBM Byakugou
The Group Buy page is now live!
MoreThis set is inspired by the hanging wisteria flowers in Byakugo-ji. Byakugo-ji is a famous temple in Tamba City, Japan. It is known for its wisteria viewing every year from the beginning to the middle of May. The set draws heavily upon the nice and classic purple colors in the wisteria while the novelties draw upon historical and cultural significances of the wisteria in Japan.

Interest Check FormDiscord

Manufacturing UpdateWe've made the decision to switch our manufacturer to KeyBee Manufacturing (KBM). Unfortunately the lead times for ePBT were far too long to our liking and we didn't want to leave this set in IC for a year before everybody can get their sets (a lot can change in a year!). KBM Love detective has their color matched samples ready for viewing if you head over to their IC. Check out KBM's Instagram as well!

Pantone Colors Used

Kits
Base
Mods
Alphas
Latin Alphas
Spacebars
40s
Novelties
Renders
Pillow65   
Pillow65 w/ Alternate Alphas   
Ramaworks   
TGR Alice by *iinko_
Ocho Quatro by ZetinaMore
Haus by ZetinaMore

Deskmats & Renders
Designed by farrasrhn
More

Designed by nensyworking
More

Collaborations:CableDesigned by king.cablesMore
Wrist RestDesigned by turtlecases.deMore
ArtisanDesigned by OOTCMoreOrder of the Clicks (OOTC) was founded in 2021. Based in Singapore, they pride themselves in their rigorous exploration on how people interface with their keyboards, and thereby their computers; a device we have today grown so accustomed to.

Focusing primarily on the sense of touch, OOTC plays with the tactile experience one gets through typing, coming up with what they call the TileCaps.

The Vulpes × OOTC collaboration therefore is an exploration and abstraction of the textures of wisteria foliage, embodying its ephemerality, frailty and lightness of material.

Vendors
US: ThocKeysCA: DESK[H]EROEU: CandyKeysUK: proto[Typist]CN: zFrontierOCE: ALL CAPSVN: Uniq MeckJP: Yushakobo
Thanks To:
hali and Cylent for helping out with the kittingDr. Ratsby for lending wisdom on how to kit for 40s keyboardsSpikedSynapse on the insight on novelty limitations

whee74:
Reserved

Changelog:

5/28/2022
More
* Vendors update

4/28/2022
More
* Manufacturer
* Changed manufacturer to KBM
* Base
* Added numpad to base set
* Numpad
* Removed since it is added to base kit
4/06/2022
More
* Base
* Added 'Ro' character to the <> key
* Latin Alphas
* Color scheme changed to follow the base set alpha color scheme
* Removed numpad support
* Added support for UK layout
* Novelties
* Changed some novelties
* Mods
* Added purple tilde key with green legends and green tilde key with purple legends
2/27/2022
More

* Base
* Added a sub on the mod pipe
* Removed the R4 1u |\ key
* Re-rendered with cherry profiles

* Alphas
* Changed the text of the tab to be green

* Spacebars
* Added accent 1u, 1.25u, 2x 3u, 6u spacebars

* 40s
* Lock key changed from 1.50u to 1.75u
* Added mod colored 2x3u spacebars

* NordeUK
* Added

* Latin Alphas
* Added

* Novelties

* Numpad

* Mods

* Renders
* Re-rendered in cherry profiles
* Added render with alt alphas
* Added TGR Alice render
[/list][/list]

dededecline:
Some kitting feedback:
* nix the R4 1u |\ key in base
* I would go ahead and add the accent 1u, 1.25u, 2x 3u, 6u bars to spacebars. it's not a whole lot to add and will not affect price by much.
* your lock key in 40s should be 1.75u, not 1.5u
* since mod colored 3u's are not available anywhere else, I would add 2x 3u to 40s.

antsinyourpants:
These colours are my jam!

whee74:

--- Quote from: dededecline on Sun, 13 February 2022, 23:34:32 ---Some kitting feedback:
* nix the R4 1u |\ key in base
* I would go ahead and add the accent 1u, 1.25u, 2x 3u, 6u bars to spacebars. it's not a whole lot to add and will not affect price by much.
* your lock key in 40s should be 1.75u, not 1.5u
* since mod colored 3u's are not available anywhere else, I would add 2x 3u to 40s.

--- End quote ---

Appreciate the feedback! I'll work these suggestions in for the next update!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version