geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

A question for the owners of large cell phones

<< < (9/9)

sefixmm:

--- Quote from: phinix on Sun, 05 June 2022, 10:42:33 ---I guess I dont use data so much, as I usually use around 2-3GB per month.
--- End quote ---

Same, less than 1Gb usually, I work at home, it's probably why :D

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Wed, 08 June 2022, 21:35:16 ---I'd be super into something like this, but unsure how you actually use it as a phone. As long as you don't need to unfold it to use it as utility.
--- End quote ---
Impressive technically but looks like there's a gap inside the hinge when it's folded.  Add that to the screen being exposed on both sides so you can't protect it with your leg and I think it would be unusable after a week in my pocket

phinix:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Thu, 09 June 2022, 01:21:25 ---
--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Wed, 08 June 2022, 21:35:16 ---I'd be super into something like this, but unsure how you actually use it as a phone. As long as you don't need to unfold it to use it as utility.
--- End quote ---
Impressive technically but looks like there's a gap inside the hinge when it's folded.  Add that to the screen being exposed on both sides so you can't protect it with your leg and I think it would be unusable after a week in my pocket Show Image

--- End quote ---

I'm sure you could fold it other way, so screen would be inside.

suicidal_orange:
^ That would make the bend radius much tighter and repeatedly bending something through nearly 360 degrees is a good way to make it snap.  Even if it somehow could survive the bending there would have to be a gap at the hinge otherwise it's definitely too tight, and in a tight pocket (because there is no other kind) there would be a crushing force trying to squash the hinge flat.  It would be a death sentence.

Leslieann:
Minimum bend radius is an issue with it reversed (same for internal wiring).

Frankly, I'd prefer a split screen with glass and a minimal gap than the method shown.
Makes for a smaller phone and for how often you'd cross the gap dragging and dropping, it would probably be a only a minor inconvenience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version