Author Topic: "Watchers" can't UnWatch Locked Threads: Bug or Feature??  (Read 3310 times)

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
"Watchers" can't UnWatch Locked Threads: Bug or Feature??
« on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 06:23:34 »
Shortly after I first joined GH I watched a particular WTS thread.

Later, the OP decided not to sell and "pulled" his WTS offer, but locked his thread.

AFAIK, I can't "unwatch" this thread because the OP has locked it. Is this the intended purpose for this feature?

I mean, I would like to be able to clean out any "dead" threads from my watch list so that I can respond to group buys, scan my watch list more efficiently, etc.

So... can this be changed?? Or... am I just making a noob mistake and missing something? I managed to unwatch a lot of old threads with no problem. The locked thread is only one I can't unwatch.

Thanks,

K

Topre REALFORCE

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: "Watchers" can't UnWatch Locked Threads: Bug or Feature??
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 15:17:06 »
Can you open the thread, and is there a "WATCH" or "UNWATCH" button at the top or bottom of the page?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 16:38:34 »
A workaround is to go into the thread, copy the link from the notify button, paste it into the address bar, replace "action=notify;sa=on;" with "action=unwatch;", and hit enter  ;D

Offline korrelate

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 22:54:09 »
Can you open the thread, and is there a "WATCH" or "UNWATCH" button at the top or bottom of the page?

Hi Rowdy,

I checked this pretty carefully the first time around, but just rechecked again: the only actions that are available when the thread is locked are:

NOTIFY
MARK UNREAD
PRINT

Cheers,

K

Topre REALFORCE

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 23:14:22 »

Hi Rowdy,

I checked this pretty carefully the first time around, but just rechecked again: the only actions that are available when the thread is locked are:

NOTIFY
MARK UNREAD
PRINT

Cheers,

K

Fair enough.

Watches were added fairly recently, this might be a bug.

Please report it here in case the admins aren't monitoring this thread as much.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline korrelate

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 15:25:24 »
A workaround is to go into the thread, copy the link from the notify button, paste it into the address bar, replace "action=notify;sa=on;" with "action=unwatch;", and hit enter  ;D

CHA-CHING!!! Thanks Soarer, this was bothering the heck out of me!

Topre REALFORCE

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 20:48:34 »
Yeah, this is a bug. 
Russ