geekhack Community > Ergonomics

The ergonomic keyboard you would buy?

<< < (2/18) > >>

skriefal:
I'd very seriously consider an HHKB with an adjustable split, similar to the adjustable Goldtouch keyboards.  Optional pedals for Shift and Fn would be great, too.  That might defeat some of the minimalist goals, of course, but it sure would be interesting to use.

huha:
I see a fundamental flaw with most ergonomic keyboards; they ignore the need to use a mouse from time to time. All ergonomic attempts are ultimately futile if you've got to move your hand to the mouse every other minute, because some badly designed website or program or what have you requires you to click on something. The pointing device doesn't need to be the best pointing device in the world, but it needs to be readily accessible from the home row or your finger position.

That's why I think the Datahand is paramount. I've never used one, but I think I'd like it for the integrated pointing device alone. Ergo keyboards without pointing devices are ultimately stuck in the early 80s where there was no need for a pointing device. Heck, all keyboards without pointing devices are ultimately stuck in the 80s, and no fancy screen will remedy that.

If we swiftly ignore this issue, I think I'd fancy the µtron. Webwit needs to write a proper review, but from what I've read, it seems to be a "no hand movement" design, which is the only sensible thing to do. I've always been concerned by the large amounts of hand movement required for standard keyboards, especially with small hands.

Oh, and it absolutely needs spherical concave keys, because they're made of pure win.

-huha

kode:
I'd probably go for a Maltron were I to get an "ergonomic keyboard". I'm down to only using the mouse for clicking links in the browser now, anyway. I can do that from the keyboard, sure, but it's still a bit of a hassle. I might look for some opera version of vimperator some day, though, the built in stuff is decent but not great.

spremino:

--- Quote from: kode;116073 ---I'm down to only using the mouse for clicking links in the browser now, anyway. I can do that from the keyboard, sure, but it's still a bit of a hassle. I might look for some opera version of vimperator some day, though, the built in stuff is decent but not great.
--- End quote ---

Firefox allows pressing ' to activate links search. Maybe Opera provides a similar functionality.

JBert:

--- Quote from: kode;116073 ---I'd probably go for a Maltron were I to get an "ergonomic keyboard". I'm down to only using the mouse for clicking links in the browser now, anyway. I can do that from the keyboard, sure, but it's still a bit of a hassle. I might look for some opera version of vimperator some day, though, the built in stuff is decent but not great.
--- End quote ---
What about "Vimperator for Opera" and "Improved hit a hint bookmarklet with your keybind"?

Didn't try them though, and I'm not sure you can make a Colemak layout should you use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version