Author Topic: [GB] BananaSplit60 Orders Shipping Out 7/27! Shipping 100% Complete  (Read 106501 times)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Re: [GB] BananaSplit 60 GroupBuy Live at the vankeyboards.com!
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 12:20:42 »
compatible with a Nordic ISO layout, utilizing the AltGr key...
...I couldn't find anything resembling AltGr..

Banana Split has an ISO layout option, and the RALT in the config would be AltGr wouldn't it?

(Attachment Link)

I'll relay that to evan, might be something we overlooked but easy enough to implement. Thank you for pointing that out.

The right alt is altgr, the OS will recognize that and translate it to the desired function. Sorry for the confusion.

Offline Auk

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 13:46:39 »
The right alt is altgr, the OS will recognize that and translate it to the desired function. Sorry for the confusion.

I've been wondering about this for a while: can we program AltGr behavior in ANSI layout? I quite like the ISO layout for easy access to some symbols e.g. AltGr+m = µ and AltGr+Shift+0 = °

Thanks for all the support guys we just hit 113 orders.  :thumb:

You mentioned having extras after the GB. Will the price be increased when those are available? I've got one eye on the case and keyset that are still to be finalized, and I'd prefer to wait and get everything later if possible, even more so if there could be second round of the PCB later.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 15:13:19 »
compatible with a Nordic ISO layout, utilizing the AltGr key...
...I couldn't find anything resembling AltGr..

Banana Split has an ISO layout option, and the RALT in the config would be AltGr wouldn't it?

(Attachment Link)

I'll relay that to evan, might be something we overlooked but easy enough to implement. Thank you for pointing that out.

Thanks, Arhipio! I'm actually stoked about the board and have more or less decided to join the bandwagon by now. :)

EDIT: Just noticed your second reply. Thanks for clearing things up! :thumb:

As a side note, I'm quite happy that there is a 1.25u key in between the shorter space bars. This means that now there's a 60% board with arrow cluster, support for Nordic ISO, and I can use the AltGr keycap included in international kits! I haven't seen any 1u AltGr keycaps included in international kits, which is weird because in almost all layouts I come across AltGr is 1) always positioned to the right of the space bar and 2) quite often 1u. The Banana Split 60 layout sort of solves all my layout wants and needs!
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 June 2017, 15:31:33 by ctrl »

Offline ctrl

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 15:15:57 »
Evan just finalized the configurator for the BananaSplit60.

Link if you want to play around with it: http://minivan.config.thevankeyboards.com/

:thumb:

Does it support QMK as well?

Qmk is supported just not on the configurator yet

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 15:31:42 »

I've been wondering about this for a while: can we program AltGr behavior in ANSI layout? I quite like the ISO layout for easy access to some symbols e.g. AltGr+m = µ and AltGr+Shift+0 = °

Thanks for all the support guys we just hit 113 orders.  :thumb:

You mentioned having extras after the GB. Will the price be increased when those are available? I've got one eye on the case and keyset that are still to be finalized, and I'd prefer to wait and get everything later if possible, even more so if there could be second round of the PCB later.

To have altgr on an ansi board you would need to configure your keyboard layout in your OS as ISO. I'm not sure how al of hay would play out. My limited understanding of how Keyboards/OSes do ISO is that the OS responds differently to the same scan codes.

As far as leftovers they will be a little bit more. We haven't decided on a price yet

Offline Auk

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 15:50:23 »
To have altgr on an ansi...

Thanks. I think should be OK - there are custom layout creators for OS so I can't see why it would be impossible, but maybe something I don't foresee would prevent it. Definitely not a deal breaker though, I could use either ISO or ANSI in regular form if necessary.

Offline Draic

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 15:53:50 »
To have altgr on an ansi...

Thanks. I think should be OK - there are custom layout creators for OS so I can't see why it would be impossible, but maybe something I don't foresee would prevent it. Definitely not a deal breaker though, I could use either ISO or ANSI in regular form if necessary.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you somewhere, but don't you just need to set your OS to US-International? With that you have the normal ansi layout but AltGr and all it's characters are available. Only difference from normal ansi is that quote will now act as a dead key (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_key).
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 June 2017, 03:42:58 by Draic »

Offline UncleGary

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 03:21:26 »
Ordered my kit a couple days ago; good louck with the GB. On a side note, I saw this board in one of your guys' earlier threads, can you tell me what caps these are? http://i.imgur.com/9C8a2yM.jpg

Offline hansichen

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 06:32:36 »
Ordered my kit a couple days ago; good louck with the GB. On a side note, I saw this board in one of your guys' earlier threads, can you tell me what caps these are? http://i.imgur.com/9C8a2yM.jpg

Looks like SA hack'd by geeks

Offline ctrl

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 17:47:26 »
Well, I'm in. There were no reasons to resist anymore. It's simply an awesome looking board!

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 17:48:17 »
Well, I'm in. There were no reasons to resist anymore. It's simply an awesome looking board!

Thank you :D

Offline Draic

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 23:46:40 »
Does it use mini usb or usb-c?

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 02:00:37 »
Pretty sure this is Mini USB.

Offline dac9

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 09:08:35 »
Just Purchased One. First Build. Very Excited :)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 11:20:23 »
Does it use mini usb or usb-c?

Mini usb :)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 11:21:21 »
Just Purchased One. First Build. Very Excited :)

That's exciting, can't wait to see a build log of it ;)

Offline iFreilicht

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 17:20:47 »

To have altgr on an ansi board you would need to configure your keyboard layout in your OS as ISO. I'm not sure how al of hay would play out. My limited understanding of how Keyboards/OSes do ISO is that the OS responds differently to the same scan codes.

That is not quite correct. You can choose the US-International layout in your OS to enable AltGr while leaving everything else as it is. It will then work as shown here. So you will then be able to use AltGr+M for µ and AltGr+Shift+; for °. It also enables tons of other characters to be used.
If you do this, you might want to make ' a macro-key that actuall presses '+Space, as it is a dead key in the US-Intl layout used for writing accented characters.

But you are correct that changing the layout in the OS will change how the OS responds to the scan codes.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 June 2017, 15:53:26 by iFreilicht »
Sentraq S60-X, dyed blank PBT keycaps, Gateron Browns

Offline dirksoccer

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 14:23:50 »
Made a GH account just to follow this group buy! I'm also very interested in buying the case mentioned in the IC, is there any way to be alerted when that IC/GB goes up? Also, in the meantime I'm thinking I'll just borrow the case from my Pok3r, the BananaSplit should fit it just fine right?

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 15:14:04 »
Made a GH account just to follow this group buy! I'm also very interested in buying the case mentioned in the IC, is there any way to be alerted when that IC/GB goes up? Also, in the meantime I'm thinking I'll just borrow the case from my Pok3r, the BananaSplit should fit it just fine right?
m
Yes that will work. To get updates on The Retro60, I would suggest joining the mailing list on thevankeyboards.com

Offline rrrsss

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 19:24:31 »
Will the plate files be released? I have some blank alu plates and want to cut my own plates for this keyboard.

EDIT: And I just realized there are only 2 stabs included. If I have a split-spacebar but normal right shift that means i need two more stabs right? For the right shift and the enter? Is it possible to order more through you?
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 June 2017, 20:07:33 by rrrsss »

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 21:29:40 »

EDIT: And I just realized there are only 2 stabs included. If I have a split-spacebar but normal right shift that means i need two more stabs right? For the right shift and the enter? Is it possible to order more through you?

The site says you get 6 2u stabilizers and 1 6u

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 21:47:05 »

This.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 22:01:27 »
Just a reminder tomorrow is your last day to place orders! GB closes at 12pm central time tomorrow.  :thumb:

We're at 154 orders! Thanks a ton :D

Offline rrrsss

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 22:48:43 »

This.

Welps my fault. Any info for the plate file?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 22:50:47 »

This.

Welps my fault. Any info for the plate file?

I pm'd you :)

Offline Auk

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 09:02:33 »
I'm going to read through the IC again to see if this was definitively answered, but I'm going to ask here:

Can we build this with PCB mounted everything, without plate,  to save on the overall cost? I'm unsure as there was some discussion previously about the stabilizers being plate mount only, but now they're PCB mount?
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 June 2017, 09:14:52 by Auk »

Offline iFreilicht

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 09:35:32 »
I'm going to read through the IC again to see if this was definitively answered, but I'm going to ask here:

Can we build this with PCB mounted everything, without plate,  to save on the overall cost? I'm unsure as there was some discussion previously about the stabilizers being plate mount only, but now they're PCB mount?

You can. Stabs are PCB mount and PCB mount switches are supported as well. And that's all you need anyway.
Sentraq S60-X, dyed blank PBT keycaps, Gateron Browns

Offline Auk

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 10:02:26 »
You can...

Excellent, thanks :)

Got a couple of hours left to make a last minute decision but I think I am going to have to wait for round 2 and hope I can do something with the Retro60 case. That would be the rational option since I will have to pay import and 'processing' fees (a.k.a. the legalized extortion to receive your property.)

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 10:02:40 »

You can. Stabs are PCB mount and PCB mount switches are supported as well. And that's all you need anyway.

This is all correct. You can do pcb only option and use all pcb mount components. The stabs we include are pcb mount. If you plan on using a 6.25 spacebar I would recommend a plate as that switch position doesn't have pcb mount holes due to other switch positions being close. I have built one his way without a plate and while it's not impossible it is more difficult.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 10:36:32 »
order placed:-) now to track down an angled high profile case...

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 10:47:33 »

There's a good one on aliexpress with an optional weight

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 13:36:42 »

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Mechanical-keyboard-shell-anode-aluminum-shell-gh60-poker-60-mechanical-keyboard-shell/2230037_32677137562.html

The one evan is referring to, I would highly recommend it.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 14:37:07 »

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Mechanical-keyboard-shell-anode-aluminum-shell-gh60-poker-60-mechanical-keyboard-shell/2230037_32677137562.html

Wow thanks so much for the recommendations! That case looks great. The plastic case kbd sells might also work since this may end up being a travel board. The  Mekanisk High Profile Case looks great too but not sure when that will ship . Also I imagine this one will be super heavy too.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 14:49:15 »

Wow thanks so much for the recommendations! That case looks great. The plastic case kbd sells might also work since this may end up being a travel board. The  Mekanisk High Profile Case looks great too but not sure when that will ship . Also I imagine this one will be super heavy too.
Its a brick, heaviest case I have. The plastic case might be the way to go if you want to keep things light.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 14:57:07 »
i'm so excited about this!!! what kind of switches are everyone planning on using?

Offline rrrsss

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 15:30:48 »
i'm so excited about this!!! what kind of switches are everyone planning on using?

that makes the two of us  ;D I'm planning on using Gat Black/Yellow on my builds.. maybe Silent Blacks if I can get my hands on some of them.

Offline UncleGary

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 15:34:05 »
This top plate should be compatible with the Banana Split layouts, right?
https://i.imgur.com/XOmj7sL.jpg

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 15:36:13 »
Just from a quick glance, looks about right.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Re: [GB] BananaSplit60 GroupBuy Closed
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 00:10:51 »
Thanks everyone for your undying support. You guys all made this gb possible. We ended with 178 orders me and evan just submitted the orders in for the plates and pcb's. We will continue updating this thread with updates on the status of your orders.  :thumb:

Offline dodgeyhack

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 05:58:16 »

To me the layout looks exactly the same as the one included in this GB.
It's from this GB yeah? https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/6gbids/gb_60_carbon_fiber_plates_mx_andor_alps/
I've joined for one so I hope it fits! =)

Offline Cotay

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 11:12:09 »
I was going to build another XD60, but thankfully I just saw this! I'm in under the wire I guess!  :thumb:

The thread says the GB is closed, but there appears to be one kit still available on the website as of 11:03 PM PDT on June 20th.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 June 2017, 01:03:50 by Cotay »

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 11:46:07 »

To me the layout looks exactly the same as the one included in this GB.
It's from this GB yeah? https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/6gbids/gb_60_carbon_fiber_plates_mx_andor_alps/
I've joined for one so I hope it fits! =)

Looks like it should  :thumb:

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 14:25:34 »
PCB's should ship to us July 24th and the plates have a 2-3 week lead time. Both orders have been placed, currently evan is sorting through stabilizers. I'm working on a special round 1 sticker which will be included with every order (along with the previous one shown).

If anyone has ideas or suggestions for the sticker design, please let us know.  :thumb:

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 00:17:47 »
Thanks for the updates, got my switches, leds, and case ready to go! Planning on making some Pandalios (Invyr Panda housing, Zealio stems)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 14:17:41 »
Thanks for the updates, got my switches, leds, and case ready to go! Planning on making some Pandalios (Invyr Panda housing, Zealio stems)

Awesome! I'd definitely like to see how those turn out.

Offline ThatsFineThatOne

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 15:03:28 »
I joined the GB but could do with a couple of extra sets of stabs - is it possible to add these to an order?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 19:36:55 »
I joined the GB but could do with a couple of extra sets of stabs - is it possible to add these to an order?

For sure email evan at (thevankeyboards@gmail.com) and he'd be more than willing to help you.  :thumb:

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 18:27:49 »
My acrylic case from MD came in. The ghetto underglow looks fantastic! https://imgur.com/a/cPWbm

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 18:51:56 »
My acrylic case from MD came in. The ghetto underglow looks fantastic! https://imgur.com/a/cPWbm

Very nice!  How many LEDs did you use, and where did you situate them?

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 19:31:12 »

is that saran wrap on your cable? please explain :)