Author Topic: [GB] ePBT Acadia | Samples Confirmed  (Read 151556 times)

Offline vishydesigns

[GB] ePBT Acadia | Samples Confirmed
« on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 19:41:59 »
ePBT Acadia by VishyDesigns

ePBT Acadia

GB January 11 - February 11, 2022
Acadia is one of the most unique and beautiful National Parks in the United States. It is a connection between natures hidden treasures and mankind's achievements. When I began this project last year I had just returned from this incredible island off the coast of Maine, USA. The trip was one of the most inspirational experiences I have experienced in my, so far, short life. I wanted to take my love of the outdoors and natural beauty and share it with all the people in this community. Here is my first keyset, ePBT Acadia!

Vendors
Estimated Delivery: Q4 2022
Global/CN: KBDfans
US: Kono Store
CA: DeskHero
SA: FancyCustoms
UK: Prototypist
EU: CandyKeys
SEA: ZionStudiosPH
KR: SwagKeys
JP: BaseKeys
OCE: SwitchKeys

Pricing

Kits

Renders

Render Credits
More
Frog TKL by Geonworks
Phoenix WKL by Cable Car Designs
Whimsy by PRKNS
D60 Lite by KBDfans
Fuji65 by CMM Studio

Deskmats

More
Deskmat Credits
Moonlit Nights by Dasorevie
Glimpse of Beauty by Moon
Cascade by Moon

Colors

Disclaimer: Please note that these are digital representations in RGB color that approximate the original RAL Colors. The colors are subject to change.

Collaborations
Metal Artisans
THOK Design
Captus Keycaps
Path Artisan Cap

Monokei
Resin Artisans
Vixekeys Artisan Cap

More Collaboration/Group Buy Updates Coming Soon!

Special Thanks
There are so many helpful and kind people in this community that helped me to bring this idea to reality. I'd like to thank Summerqm for helping me with the novelty designs for this set, Moon for helping me with two of the deskmat designs, Dasorevie for helping me with the third deskmat design. Then I would like to thank Cylent, SpikedSynapse, NoPun, Nolsia, and many more.
Thank you!

« Last Edit: Sat, 13 May 2023, 19:25:41 by vishydesigns »

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | We Live!!! Jan 11-Feb 11d
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 19:43:41 »
Reserved

Offline Dinerenblanc

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 20:15:27 »
Neat set, though I wished that Alpha kit was the base kit.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 20:50:49 »
You should check with your vendors and manu to see if you can add R1 \|, R3 \|, R4 <> keys to the alt alphas kit after the fact. These keys are currently missing from the kit, but are required for covering various layouts. Without them, any layout that uses split backspace cannot be covered with the alt colorway, and neither can any ISO layouts. It's a shame that this wasn't caught during the IC phase, but it may still be fixable given EPBT's flexibility. (edit: actually, it looks like someone did catch this during the IC)

The set looks good otherwise. GLWGB!
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 January 2022, 20:55:18 by konstantin »

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 21:35:22 »
You should check with your vendors and manu to see if you can add R1 \|, R3 \|, R4 <> keys to the alt alphas kit after the fact. These keys are currently missing from the kit, but are required for covering various layouts. Without them, any layout that uses split backspace cannot be covered with the alt colorway, and neither can any ISO layouts. It's a shame that this wasn't caught during the IC phase, but it may still be fixable given EPBT's flexibility. (edit: actually, it looks like someone did catch this during the IC)

The set looks good otherwise. GLWGB!
Thanks for pointing out Konstantin! Must have missed it the first time it was brought up, I will get right on this!

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | Minor Price Changes | 8/10 Vendors Live
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 17:55:09 »
Almost all vendors live, view minor pricing changes for some products

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | All Vendors Now Live!
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 15:04:38 »
All vendors are now live!

Offline Dinerenblanc

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 02:56:12 »
Sets really growing on me, hope it meets MOQ.

Offline bamblerow

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 13:14:34 »
what board is in the first render (the green board) ?

Trying to figure out how this goes with the Rama Sage color.

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 14:48:48 »

Seems to be a frog TKL.

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 15:11:04 »

Aad is correct, it is a Frog TKL by Geonworks

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 21:49:20 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 January 2022, 19:12:05 by dvorcol »

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 19:28:23 »
Show Image

Sorry all for the delayed message. Im very happy with how the week 1 numbers are doing! Im hoping we can keep up this support and I want to thank you all so much! Thanks to dvorcol for the awesome graph!

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | Vixekeys Artisan Raffle!
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 19:35:28 »

Check out new collaboration with Vixekeys! Begins at 11AM PST/2 PM EST tomorrow! Be quick! This raffle only lasts 24 hours! Link to Raffle Post
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 January 2022, 19:40:01 by vishydesigns »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | Vixekeys Artisan Raffle!
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 17:26:10 »

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | 10 Days to go in GB!
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 21:22:18 »
Thank you to dvorcol for the graph! I hope to have week 3 numbers out to all of you in the next few days. Im so grateful for all of the support I have recieved on the set, and I am confident we can make it to MOQ. Happy lunar new year to those who celebrate, and we have some new artisans coming soon towards the end of gb

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | Base Kit Giveaway!
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 14:38:18 »
Hey guys! Got a little treat for you! Were running a giveaway of one epbt acadia base through kono store! The giveaway will last 1 week, you can see giveaways at the Kono Store site for more info on how to enter!

Offline TranquilMarmot

• Better Nate Than Lever
    • nate.moore.codes
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 01:35:45 »
Alright, you got me. I love that green/blue combo way too much. I've never been to Acadia (except in Fallout 4...) but I'd love to go someday!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 15:50:05 »

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | Final Day For GB!
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 19:26:38 »
Get your orders in! This is the last day for ePBT Acadia GB! Thank you all for your support through this process!

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | GB Concluded - Finalizing Numbers
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 13 February 2022, 15:38:08 »
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your support on this project, I hope to update you guys on the outcome asap!

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | GB Concluded - All Kits Will Be Made
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 11:26:18 »
We have not finished finalizing all numbers yet, but I can say that all kits will be made, still waiting to hear for some of the metal caps

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 16:00:37 »

More
<-- without extras

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 18:58:15 »
SOOOO Happy with how sales turned out! All of you that supported and those who helped throughout this whole process I want to give the biggest possible thanks to you all! Ive almost completed the files to submit to epbt and we should get production started (queue is pretty backed up atm)

Second note: Everything will be made with the exception of the switches. Due to not enough support we have decided to cancel the MDI switches. Full refunds will be issued to those who purchased the switches. Im very sorry to all those that purchased the switches.

Third: Thank you so much to dvorcol for all the amazing graphs! Such a big help to this stage of the project

Offline pr0ximity

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | GB Concluded - Final Numbers Posted
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 20:26:42 »
Oh wow! Lol completely missed this and my chance to rep Maine! Will have to look out for extras, really love the deskmat designs specifically.

Good luck with the buy!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline dokternik

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 17:37:01 »
Looking forward to this : )

Offline Poohammer

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 07:35:55 »
We have not finished finalizing all numbers yet, but I can say that all kits will be made, still waiting to hear for some of the metal caps

Any updates about the metal caps in question?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 16:04:28 »

Any updates about the metal caps in question?

All metal caps will be made.

Offline Poohammer

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 06:28:55 »
Great! Thank you!

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 20 March 2022, 10:29:05 »
Hey all! Huge apology for the radio silence. Have been backed up with school stuff. Wanted to give a quick update. Nothing much has changed, I submitted files to epbt, and we are waiting for all vendor invoices to be paid, from there we can start producing samples! I will keep updated once I receive more information! Thank you all so much!

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | April Update
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 14:48:52 »
Hi all! just a quick update for you all! We have gotten almost all of the payments in for acadia, and I have submitted files for samples and production! We've joined the list for ePBT samples, so it may take a bit. Will try to keep you guys update as much as I can! As for other artisans, etc. payments for those are still being collected and sample production is beginning soon!

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | March Update
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 15:16:42 »
Hi all! I apologize for the delay with the May Update. I have been busy with school ending, finals, etc. Unfortunately, we are still on the long list for samples, and will likely be stuck there for a bit. However epbt is working hard to shorten the long list. I will continue to update as I can. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks!

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | Waiting for Samples . . .
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 21:06:26 »
Hey all, I'm disappointed to say that we haven't had many major updates recently. However, the epbt queue is slowly being emptied, so we should hopefully get some news soon!

Offline YoungManKim

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 13 July 2022, 10:25:16 »
Just wanted to say thanks for providing monthly updates, even when there is no news. It's great to see!

Offline jelli

• hi <3
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 05:52:02 »
yeah it’s really cool to get monthly updates on what’s going on, even when nothing is happening. it lets us know that stuff is still alive. we all know you’re working hard. thank you <3

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 19:11:27 »
Hey everybody! Hope all is well, there have not been really any new updates with acadia so far. However, I do predict some will be coming soon. In the meantime I begin school again next week and therefore will be less active on these accounts, I will try to continue to update monthly, but I want to apologize in advance if I miss a month. Just know I am still working hard on Acadia and hope to keep everything running smoothly that I myself can control. Thanks!

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 15 October 2022, 19:39:37 »
Hi all, I deeply apologize for missing the September update. Was beginning school and was very busy. As of now, unfortunately I have been told that there will be a bit of a delay with epbt acadia production as the backlog of sets continues to get filtered out. Although I am working to try and get the quickest production time we can. I dont have any exact dates, but likely things like artisans and deskmats will be produced sooner than later. Do not hesitate to reach out with questions.

Offline mangosteen

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 10 December 2022, 21:57:51 »
Any update on this? Almost mid Dec now.

Offline TranquilMarmot

• Better Nate Than Lever
    • nate.moore.codes
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 10 December 2022, 22:29:07 »
An update would definitely be nice... KBDFans just says:

Design file confirmed, waiting for sample (2022-11-21)

So maybe a sample is on the way? I tried to join Vishy Designs Discord server but it's basically empty

Offline mangosteen

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 11 December 2022, 04:36:52 »
This is my first ePBT group buy. How do ePBT group buy times look like? Is it remotely close to GMK?

Looks like this has several ways to go sadly. Judging by the KBDfans update and several other ePBT GBs, it looks like this still has to go through sample creation, send samples to designer and if not approved, then another round of sampling until approved and once approved, only then can it be queued for production and no way do we know how long the queue list for production is and production may take anywhere from 1 month or more, packaging, shipping arrangements to vendors, transit times, vendor preparation to ship to end consumers, another transit times, and finally, delivery to end consumers. so, may be roughly another 5-8 months give or take?

Offline mtandrup

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 12 December 2022, 12:08:59 »
Two months since last update. Sorry, but no one is that busy.

We need an update.

Offline TranquilMarmot

• Better Nate Than Lever
    • nate.moore.codes
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 13:32:57 »
Looks like this has several ways to go sadly. Judging by the KBDfans update and several other ePBT GBs, it looks like this still has to go through sample creation, send samples to designer and if not approved, then another round of sampling until approved and once approved, only then can it be queued for production and no way do we know how long the queue list for production is and production may take anywhere from 1 month or more, packaging, shipping arrangements to vendors, transit times, vendor preparation to ship to end consumers, another transit times, and finally, delivery to end consumers. so, may be roughly another 5-8 months give or take?

That sounds right. A lot of it depends on how quickly the designer approves the samples. I think it's something like this...

• Samples are approved (1-2 months, more depending on if further rounds are needed)
  • Into production queue (2-3 months, but it looks like this might actually be more like 6 months depending on the queue)
  • Shipped to vendors (1-2 months, depending on vendor)
  • Shipped to you (1-3 months, depending on vendor.... Kono in the US, which doesn't have a stellar reputation  :confused: )

So yeah, probably 5-10 months best case scenario. A few more months for extra samples, and a few more months depending on the production queue.

I wouldn't be surprised if this set doesn't ship until Q4 2023 or later, since it seems like there have been quite a few ePBT group buys that have dragged on for a long time lately. ePBT Solaria ran in June 2021 and still hasn't shipped, it's been "queued for production" since June (over six months). It does seem like China is easing up a lot of pandemic-related lockdowns, so maybe production times will get better soon; I know lockdowns have had a huge impact on keycap timelines.

Kono still says "Estimated production completion Q4 2022/ Q1 2023" though, so who knows  :rolleyes:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 01:34:14 »
Currently Kono and proto[Typist] are both saying ETA Q1 2023.

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 18 December 2022, 21:00:11 »
This is my first ePBT group buy. How do ePBT group buy times look like? Is it remotely close to GMK?

GMK is quite a bit faster this year. 

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 16:30:55 »
Hi all, I saw your comments about the update, but in terms of the caps really nothing new, I 100% apologize for the lack of updates and there is no excuse. I am still waiting on samples from ePBT but we have been in the queue for a while, so hopefully something soon. Deskmats have gone into production, and THOK caps have shipped to vendors. Again, I am very sorry about the lack of updates, thank you all for your patience, and thank you to others for answering questions!

Offline mtandrup

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | January Update -- Sorry for Delay!!
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 14:46:13 »
Appreciate the update.  :thumb:

Offline wolfwing213

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 10 March 2023, 19:26:29 »
KBDfans says that the sample was finished Feb 10. Any updates on approval of samples?

Offline Deer

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 12 March 2023, 19:53:33 »
As somebody who actually lives there I appreciate the key set, shame I missed out on the GB though

Offline vishydesigns

Re: [GB] ePBT Acadia | March Update -- Sample Photos Soon!
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 27 March 2023, 21:05:28 »
Hi all! I apologize for the lack of updates, I have been slammed with schoolwork, but its no excuse. I am very happy to say that I have received the first round of samples for ePBT Acadia! They look great, and I hope to further analyze them as soon as possible. While I don't own a special camera, I am still happy to provide pictures and will do when I get the chance. Im so excited to bring this set to you and all am happy with the progress it was made. But there is still a long process to go. In other news, most of the keyset collabs have been completed and deskmats have entered production! We are moving along nicely. Thanks!

Offline eatcitrus

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 19 April 2023, 12:40:39 »
Any pictures of the samples?